Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Trump Is First to Use PATRIOT Act to Detain a Man Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Never judge a commie by his cover.
    Ad hominem is considered a fallacy for a reason.

Their origins and political orientations have no bearing on whether or not they are in the right on any particular legal issue.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Everyone who supports this man being incarcerated for life.
    Who on this forum supports the Patriot Act?

What is your solution for this illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

Their origins and political orientations have no bearing on whether or not they are in the right on any particular legal issue.
    Yep.

Interesting how those who spout "Freedom for me but not for thee" call those who disagree communists.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post

The solution is to send them back to their country of origin. Whether they want him or not. You dont dump your country's problems on America and make America pay for it.

Anyone who supports this is supporting the PA.

He was not illegal when he was arrested.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The solution is to send them back to their country of origin. Whether they want him or not. You dont dump your country's problems on America and make America pay for it.
    Did you even read about this guy? He was not a problem until the PA came in & decided to arrest anyone the gov chose.
    @Brian4Liberty's post is exactly what this is about:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...55#post6892155
    Last edited by Ender; 12-04-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    There is no spoon.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you even read about this guy? He was not a problem until the PA came in & decided to arrest anyone the gov chose.
    Are you pretending like they had no reason to put him in prison or that it was not a legitimate reason?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Are you pretending like they had no reason to put him in prison or that it was not a legitimate reason?
    AGAIN:
    This is a very dangerous precept- how long will it be before anyone can be held indefinitely & jailed many times for the same "crime".

This guy has injured no one- Before the PAI he sent money to small muslim groups who he felt were being assaulted. These were NOT terrorist groups against the US. And he was not here illegally when the immigration authorities grabbed him.

He has family here in the US- all legal- who will take care of him.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert089 View Post
    Sending money to any Muslim organization should be a crime. His family should be locked up too.
    Law of the Harvest & Karma, Dude- what you throw at others will come back to you. What you sow is what you reap.

Coming soon:

Being locked up forever for having un-status quo thoughts.
    There is no spoon.

Who do you know here that supports the Patriot Act?
    Are you saying that he is a US Citizen?
    What is your solution for this man?

Who do you know here that supports the Patriot Act?
    Are you saying that he is a US Citizen?
    What is your solution for this man?
    Anyone who supports indefinite detention & defies the Double Jeopardy Clause supports the PA.

And AGAIN:

He was not here illegally when the immigration authorities grabbed him.

He has family here in the US- all legal- who will take care of him. BTW- the man is ill & may not last long anyway.

The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution states that no person shall “be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb.” The double jeopardy clause bars second prosecutions after either acquittal or conviction, and prohibits multiple punishments for the same offense.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Remember good old days here on RPFs, when you could speak out against an obviously and unambiguously totalitarian policy like this and not be accused of colluding to destroy America? Things change.
    Who is accusing you of 'colluding'?

Yep.
    Interesting how those who spout "Freedom for me but not for thee" call those who disagree communists.
    Who is calling you a communist?

Seems few even understand real liberty anymore.
    Who doesn't understand liberty here=?

Who do you know on this forum that supports the Patriot Act ?

Who do you know on this forum that supports the Patriot Act?

AGAIN:
    This is a very dangerous precept- how long will it be before anyone can be held indefinitely & jailed many times for the same "crime".

This guy has injured no one- Before the PAI he sent money to small muslim groups who he felt were being assaulted. These were NOT terrorist groups against the US. And he was not here illegally when the immigration authorities grabbed him.

The man is here illegally , do you think that is fair? what is your solution ?

Anyone who supports indefinite detention & defies the Double Jeopardy Clause supports the PA.

And AGAIN:

He has family here in the US- all legal- who will take care of him. BTW- the man is ill & may not last long anyway.

The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution states that no person shall “be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb.” The double jeopardy clause bars second prosecutions after either acquittal or conviction, and prohibits multiple punishments for the same offense.
    His family isn't being held , why do you bring them up, their being legal has nothing to do
    with him being illegal.

He's here illegally now, what is your solution?

The fifth amendment doesn't absolve an illegal from being illegal, so why do you even site it?

Why do you care, since you say he may not have long anyhow?

His family isn't being held , why do you bring them up, their being legal has nothing to do
    with him being illegal.

The fifth amendment doesn't absolve an illegal from being illegal, so why do you even site it?

He was NOT illegal when he was arrested. LEARN TO READ.
    There is no spoon.

He was NOT illegal when he was arrested. LEARN TO READ.
    Bravo , nice little insult, I've read your posts

Try again;

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Remember good old days here on RPFs, when you could speak out against an obviously and unambiguously totalitarian policy like this and not be accused of colluding to destroy America? Things change.
    Yep.
    Seems few even understand real liberty anymore.
    Who do you know on this forum that supports the Patriot Act ?
    AGAIN:
    And AGAIN:

with him being illegal.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It has a bearing on their tendency to misrepresent facts.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Please point out anyone who supports that.

I see lots of people suggesting places other than America he should be released.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bravo , nice little insult, I've read your posts

Try again;

with him being illegal.
    23. Mr. Hassoun arrived in the United States on September 10, 1989, as a
    nonimmigrant visitor. He changed his status to that of an F-1 nonimmigrant student on June 5,
    1990, when he began his studies at Nova Southeastern University.

24. After completing his degree in computer science and after receiving work
    authorization, Mr. Hassoun worked in the IT field as a computer programmer and systems analyst.
    During this time, his mother sponsored him for a green card, and filed an immigrant visa petition
    on his behalf. This petition was granted in 1990, but his adjustment of status (“green card”)
    application remained pending for years. While waiting on his green card, Mr. Hassoun began a
    family and had three sons, all of whom are U.S. citizens.

25. On June 12, 2002, Mr. Hassoun was detained by immigration authorities and
    Case 1:19-cv-00370-EAW Document 13 Filed 05/14/19 Page 5 of 22
    6 charged with overstaying his visa, despite the fact that the government had approved his mother’s
    petition sponsoring him for permanent resident in 1990, and his application for a green card
    remained pending.
    The government detained Mr. Hassoun at the Krome Service Processing Center
    in Miami, Florida throughout his immigration proceedings.
    He was NOT an illegal.

And I mentioned his family in reply to a question about where to send him.
    There is no spoon.

He was also asked to be an alphabet informant- and when he refused......

The whole legal mess is here:
    https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...on_5.14.19.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Neg repped for pointing that out? Some don't support Liberty I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Hassoun: I came here illegally and funded terrorists.

theCount:. You're a great American and are free to run through our county.

Hassoun:. I also served...

theCount:. Oh, Army, Navy, Marines?

Hassoun:. No. San Quentin. Death to America.

theCount: Even better. Here's an EBT card.

Hassoun: Cool. Can I sleep on your couch, bud?

theCount: Oh no no no. Go to RJB's neighborhood and bother him.

RJB: Leave me alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I neg repped you because you don't believe a word of that.
    We agreed that he should be freed, but not in the US. He is not an American.
    So let me get this straight. Mr. Hassoun came here legally, people in this thread have falsely claimed he came here illegally because they either didn't bother fact checking or felt saying he came here illegally better fit the "Trump should keep him locked up indefinitely or until some other country takes him" narrative, people arguing against indefinite detention get neg repped and then @Stratovarious starts a vanity thread complaining that he got neg repped for supporting indefinite detention and somehow he thinks neg reps are against forum rules? Ummmmm....okay.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So let me get this straight. Mr. Hassoun came here legally, people in this thread have falsely claimed he came here illegally because they either didn't bother fact checking or felt saying he came here illegally better fit the "Trump should keep him locked up indefinitely or until some other country takes him" narrative, people arguing against indefinite detention get neg repped and then @Stratovarious starts a vanity thread complaining that he got neg repped for supporting indefinite detention and somehow he thinks neg reps are against forum rules? Ummmmm....okay.
    Please point to ANYONE supporting indefinite detention, people have said he should be released elsewhere and not here but nobody said he should be held forever.

And Strat's complaint was about the insult in the rep message.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Please point to ANYONE supporting indefinite detention, people have said he should be released elsewhere and not here but nobody said he should be held forever.
    Please point to where I said anyone was supporting indefinite detention. You can't because I didn't.

And Strat's complaint was about the insult in the rep message.
    He complained both about the neg rep and the negative PM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Please point to where I said anyone was supporting indefinite detention. You can't because I didn't.
    How short is your memory?

Originally Posted by jmdrake

He complained both about the neg rep and the negative PM.
    Because of the insults.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Indefinite does not mean forever.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How short is your memory?
    I didn't say he supported indefinite detention. I said he started a thread saying he got neg repped for supporting indefinite detention. It would be the same if I said someone negged repped me for being homophobic even though I am not. Nice try. No cigar.

Because of the insults.
    He complained about both the neg rep and the insult.

Indefinite does not mean forever.
    True. The man in question will die eventually. And of course there is actual indefinite and defacto indefinite. What @Swordsmyth is ignoring is that the circumstances dictate this man will be held indefinitely despite the fact that he came here legally and there has been no evidence put forward that he is some invader seeking to kill people. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. It's kind of like the Chinese Uyghurs that were indefinitely detained.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...terror/584107/

True. The man in question will die eventually. And of course there is actual indefinite and defacto indefinite. What @Swordsmyth is ignoring is that the circumstances dictate this man will be held indefinitely despite the fact that he came here legally and there has been no evidence put forward that he is some invader seeking to kill people. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. It's kind of like the Chinese Uyghurs that were indefinitely detained.

We could and should dump him any of the places I and others have suggested at any time and he is now illegally here after he donated money to terrorists.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We could and should dump him any of the places I and others have suggested at any time and he is now illegally here after he donated money to terrorists.
    Which terrorists specifically did he donate to? Do you have a list of names? And isn't dumping people in other countries without their permission the definition of human trafficking?

Which terrorists specifically did he donate to? Do you have a list of names?
    It's admitted by all sides and you can find out if you care.

And isn't dumping people in other countries without their permission the definition of human trafficking?
    Not all of the places I and others suggested belong to anyone else and it's not human trafficking to dump him some places that has an obligation to take him but won't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If the government says 'we will hold him until we decide not to hold him' that is indefinite.
    Pinochet is the model

It's admitted by all sides and you can find out if you care.
    It's admitted that he donated to charities that were later classified as terrorist. Not the same.

It's admitted that he donated to charities that were later classified as terrorist. Not the same.
    He donated at least once AFTER they were designated terrorists.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast