Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilette makes anti-male commercial

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Now, after disbelief, rage. The subject is prone, and ready for the psionic attack. It is a faite complis.

Too easy. I need a more challenging victim.
    It's fait accompli.

And I think what you meant is that you need a challenged victim... someone more in line with your skillset.

Tell ya what, you practice your virtual mind magic on someone who finds that interesting, and next time I'll just keep my opinions to myself, so you don't have to deplete your mental faculties on such a meager "victim" as myself, mkay?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Lol ok. Thanks, I'll look into that.
    I'd rather you didn't until next July sun sign.

I didn't, but I could see where one might get that impression.

But I think that most men exhibit poor behavior these days, and that they could benefit from the message that I got myself - that objectifying women, bullying, and brawling isn't behavior that gentlemen exhibit. Nothing wrong with that.
    We are of a different mind then. Most men I've been around do NOT exhibit such behavior and we don't need to be lectured about it. Mind you, I'm not offended by the ad, just think its not a good way to sell your razors to men.

Banned

Blog Entries
    It's fait accompli.

And I think what you meant is that you need a challenged victim... someone more in line with your skillset.

Tell ya what, you practice your virtual mind magic on someone who finds that interesting, and next time I'll just keep my opinions to myself, so you don't have to deplete your mental faculties on such a meager "victim" as myself, mkay?
    You can not tell me what to do. My existence is my own, and I live it as I choose, as I am the god of my universe.

Just forget everything I have written.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can not tell me what to do. My existence is my own, and I live it as I choose, as I am the god of my universe.
    I'm pretty sure you're drunk. Maybe high. Probably high, actually.

Enjoy your afternoon!

Just forget everything I have written.
    I wasn't listening in the first place.

Banned

Blog Entries
    I wasn't listening in the first place.
    Observe, the victim agrees to my demands, when I reject his.
    Very beta.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    We are of a different mind then. Most men I've been around do NOT exhibit such behavior and we don't need to be lectured about it.
    I think most men exhibit poor behavior. I don't know that most men exhibit the behavior in the ad. Maybe they do. I think a lot do.

I'd agree with you that decent men don't need to be lectured about it. Speaking personally, I didn't feel as though the ad was speaking to me.

Mind you, I'm not offended by the ad, just think its not a good way to sell your razors to men.
    Couldn't agree more. I wasn't offended, and it's not a good way to sell razors.

Again, I just didn't see the ANTI-MALE angle that was suggested by the OP and the thread title. It's not ANTI-MALE. The ad didn't say, "ALL YOU MEN - YOU SUCK. CUT OFF YOUR BALLS AND BOW BEFORE WOMEN". I mean, unless I missed that. Maybe UWDUDE used some mind-magic on me and I missed it. :shrug:
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 01-14-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Maybe UWDUDE used some mind-magic on me and I missed it. :shrug:
    You didn't miss it, but you will forget it.

Observe, the victim agrees to my demands, when I reject his.
    Very beta.
    Yes, you're the quintessential alpha male. lol

Can't help it, but when I read your posts now, in my head I hear them in Chris Hardwick (stand up comedian) nerd voice...

It's fait accompli.

I suppose when one holds a sixth grade schoolyard bully cum POTUS as one's hero, we can't expect much better. Sad state of affairs overall.

And please do not keep your opinions to yourself. Even on those occasions when I disagree your opinion, unlike those of some around here, yours is always worth the effort to read and digest.

The ad was, of course, disgusting.

And if there is any doubt where they are coming from (and there isn't), why do you think included they two clips from The Young Turks? Is it just random that they included the farthest left-wing crackpot show which promotes the idea that (white) men are a cancer and every other group should be given special treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I suppose when one holds a sixth grade schoolyard bully cum POTUS as one's hero, we can't expect much better. Sad state of affairs overall.

And please do not keep your opinions to yourself. Even on those occasions when I disagree your opinion, unlike those of some around here, yours is always worth the effort to read and digest.
    I'm offended that you EVAR disagree with me! RABBLE RABBLE!

Thank you sir. Yours is among the diminishing number of voices for which I ever bother to visit this site anymore, infrequently as it is at this point.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The ad was just really weird.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Having The Young Turks clip in there was a nice touch.

Is anyone still doubting the anti-male "agenda" at this point?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Yes, you're the quintessential alpha male. lol
    It has nothing to do with male. I did not say beta-male.

However, don't think that means you are not inferior to me.
    you are.

Does somebody who never looks both ways before crossing the street, deserve to be run over by a semi, mushed within it's tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The ad was, of course, disgusting.

And if there is any doubt where they are coming from (and there isn't), why do you think included they two clips from The Young Turks? Is it just random that they included the farthest left-wing crackpot show which promotes the idea that (white) men are a cancer and every other group should be given special treatment?
    You and the 50 other people in the country who watch TYT caught that. I had to go back and re-watch the ad after you pointed it out, myself, and I consider myself to be unfortunately more aware of pop-media like TYT than even the above-average news consumer.

I'm not sure why I'm staying in the pocket in this thread, but I didn't see advocacy for special treatment for "every other group" in this ad. There were black and white men in the ad, on both sides of the subject material.

There is no doubt that there is a subplot to MOST modern media these days where men are portrayed not only as predators, but as a group in need of heeling. As I watch this ad, there's no question they dance around that subject matter, but I think they do a good job of keeping it impartial in terms of race, and also within the bounds of concerns which all decent people should have - again, namely objectification of women, bullying and brawling.

I've asked before, please point out what I'm missing here... and again, within the context of this particular ad.

It has nothing to do with male. I did not say beta-male.

However, don't think that means you are not inferior to me.
    you are.
    The only way I think myself inferior to you is in scale of hubris and absurdity.

Does somebody who never looks both ways before crossing the street, deserve to be run over by a semi, mushed within it's tires?
    Perhaps also in terms of slam poetry...

Banned

Blog Entries
    The only way I think myself inferior to you is in scale of hubris and absurdity.
    You think reality is based on what you think?
    No wonder your life is such a mess.
    But you are correct, in a way.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's hilarious you think I "felt bad" watching it..

I don't bully people, except for the occasional RPF troll.. I don't assault women, harass women, belittle women or anything like that. I treat women very respectfully.

Guess what that makes me?

Single.

You want to know who women are $#@!ing? Guys with face tats. Guys who beat their girlfriends. Guys who don't give a $#@! about them, or really anything for that matter. Why? Because the same people who made that ad are out there telling women to empower themselves. You don't need a guy who is kind, loyal and committed to raise your family. You can do that on your own. So just go out and $#@! all of the complete losers, get them on child support and pick up welfare from the government. Or find some wealthy sociopath who owns a helicopter..

Don't you see the mixed signals? That ad is a $#@!ing joke. If women really wanted men to behave better, they would $#@! guys who were well behaved. Instead, they talk about how they want guys to act, then end up $#@!ing the exact opposite. Guess what that produces? First, they take the DNA from these douchebags and insert them into their children. Second, they take guys who would otherwise be normal dudes and turn them into douchebags because that is how they can get laid.

But hey, keep blaming this all on "men" and let's see how far you get with that. Let's keep making ads telling men to behave better, let's see how their lives improve.. LOL.. sorry, but you are really clueless
    I say this out of a need for it to be said.
    Culture may have some small impact on why you have no girlfriend.
    You are very wrong about what women want. Women only go for those kind of guys because they are the only ones aggressive enough to pursue them, which tend to be the kind of men that give no thought to the morning after.

But I'd bet 55,160 posts on this board is a much bigger reason.
    The sun is out, where I am at.

You think reality is based on what you think?
    No wonder your life is such a mess.
    But you are correct, in a way.
    Yep, you're high.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    We are of a different mind then. Most men I've been around do NOT exhibit such behavior and we don't need to be lectured about it. Mind you, I'm not offended by the ad, just think its not a good way to sell your razors to men.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Y

I've asked before, please point out what I'm missing here... and again, within the context of this particular ad.
    Using #MeToo 3 seconds in? But just the left wing politics alone are offensive, I have a better commercial that addresses bad male behavior and is an actual real problem, not the phony epidemic of rape culture. 72% of black kids are born without married fathers. Maybe ask "Is that the best a man can get?" and show a black guy with pants hanging down who barely speaks English. That is an actual real problem, not kids wrestling in the grass. And instead of Young Turks have Alex Jones in the ad. My guess is most people would think that is bad idea because it is divisive just like the commercial Gilette ran is divisive.

Businesses should perform the only social responsibility they have, which is to make money for their shareholders and avoid being woke and going broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonius Maximus
    But the doctrine of "social responsibility" taken seriously would extend the scope of the political mechanism to every human activity. It does not differ in philosophy from the most explicitly collective doctrine. It differs only by professing to believe that collectivist ends can be attained without collectivist means. That is why, in my book Capitalism and Freedom, I have called it a "fundamentally subversive doctrine" in a free society, and have said that insuch a society, "there is one and only one social responsibility of business--to use its resourcesand engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud."
    http://www.umich.edu/~thecore/doc/Friedman.pdf
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 01-14-2019 at 04:08 PM.

It isn't their place to lecture anyone about anything and jumping on the current liberal bandwagon of man hate is just plain stupid for a company that sells its product primarily to men.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NONE OF THAT WAS IN THE AD.

Jeezus people...
    All of that is in #MeeToo

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I say this out of a need for it to be said.
    Culture may have some small impact on why you have no girlfriend.
    You are very wrong about what women want. Women only go for those kind of guys because they are the only ones aggressive enough to pursue them, which tend to be the kind of men that give no thought to the morning after.

The sun is out, where I am at.
    Well it's raining here, but it never rains here.

Assuming you work at least 40 hours/week indoors like I do, I would bet I spend more time outside than you. I have a job that is highly conducive to posting on forums and getting work done at the same time. I also post at night some times instead of watching tv or movies or playing video games like most people.

I had a gf who I lived with for about 3 years. She was a Ron Paul supporter.. the only female Ron Paul supporter I ever met outside of meetups. Unfortunately she was also bi-polar, not very stable. Didn't work out.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-14-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

More brainwashing commercials no different than the ones Big pHARMa puts out. I hate commercial TV.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    After about a decade of that I gave up on it .
    I thought Injuns didn't need to shave.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry folks, this was nothing more than a miscommunication. The marketing department did a focus group with men to determine what would be a good public service campaign. Through the various levels of management, bureaucracy and autocorrect software, the message changed from what was originally directed.

The original message was: “As this is an important issue for men, our public service campaign will strive to publicize awareness for men to check their prostate.”

The message as received at the writing and video production department: “Men have issues, so as a public service campaign, we must publicize that men must check and prostrate themselves.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I thought Injuns didn't need to shave.
    A lot do not . When I was about 17 all I had was peach fuzz . They made me shave it every day in the Army , after a few years it was like everybody elses . I think the shaving caused it .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-14-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Do something Danke

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast