Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trumps Speech Tonight and Rex 84

Exclamation Trumps Speech Tonight and Rex 84

Thanks to devil21 for the reminder concerning Rex 84

I made this post on a gun forum hoping to wake others up out of their stupor:

Rex 84:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_84

Trump: “I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border. Tuesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern.“

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...47305699889157

Private Property is the Essence of Liberty:

https://mises.org/library/private-pr...ssence-liberty

“Constitution-Free Zone” and Fed controlled land:

America first. I am wondering if Trump is going to take this rare opportunity to talk to the people about preserving our precious Bill of Rights and the dire importance of retaining Property Rights which is the essence of liberty. Instead of giving control to the abusive Fed on a silver platter and growing corrupt government by leaps and bounds.

Nahhh.

But I do see more red in my eyes and on that map but it has nothing to do with “republican” values :-O
    Last edited by PAF; 01-08-2019 at 10:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're not allowed to aid and abet criminals on your property. No matter how private. Either the owners take care of the problem or the government can. Their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You're not allowed to aid and abet criminals on your property. No matter how private. Either the owners take care of the problem or the government can. Their choice.

What "crime" is it that we're talking about, specifically?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The fact that REX 84 was explicitly developed with a (paraphrased) "southern border invasion emergency" as the main basis is the particular similarity. Many other pieces fall into place, also, such as Oliver North now being head of the NRA, the midst of a government shutdown, wall rhetoric that seems very martial law-esque (though the truth is that we've been under technical martial law since the Civil War and associated perpetual emergency status since at least the 1930's), financial market shakiness, among others.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-08-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    America first. I am wondering if Trump is going to take this rare opportunity to talk to the people about preserving our precious Bill of Rights and the dire importance of retaining Property Rights which is the essence of liberty. Instead of giving control to the abusive Fed on a silver platter and growing corrupt government by leaps and bounds.
    The bill of rights has specific provisions on how eminent domain takings can be done.

nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation
    A border barrier is public use.

As long as everybody is compensated justly for the takings, it's all legal.

I'm no fan of eminent domain takings, I'd much prefer private funding and state militia patrols.

But there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Uh oh. Time to turn ourselves in, then. I mean, since every one of us can been deemed a criminal by the State for one reason or another. Does it matter if we've been tried and convicted? Or is this for aiding and abetting suspects or the ones the State hasn't caught onto yet? Because if it's the latter, I've been aiding and abetting my whole family for years!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The bill of rights has specific provisions on how eminent domain takings can be done.

A border barrier is public use.

As long as everybody is compensated justly for the takings, it's all legal.

I'm no fan of eminent domain takings, I'd much prefer private funding and state militia patrols.

But there it is.
    Private Property —> Bill of Rights —> Freedom and Liberty

Without those, Private Property being foremost, you are subject to slavery no matter how you try to spin it.

Private Property —> Bill of Rights —> Freedom and Liberty

Without those, Private Property being foremost, you are subject to slavery no matter how you try to spin it.
    Right, and what property is private?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wagging the dog, tonight. I'm sure it'll work, too. Oh, the dog loves it!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Right, and what property is private?
    Yes, top down government is best. I have been mistaken all along. We should in fact offer all of the land to the Fed and ask what they think is best. For our “protection”, of course.

I also propose that you change your screen name to Pro-Fed, since most of your responses to me have cemented that position.

No need for me to point to cases where folks have purchased property for cash, or paid off mortgages, and have had some success in “owning” their land. We should not be working toward that goal. That would be blasphemous on this TDS forum.

No need for me to point to cases where folks have purchased property for cash, or paid off mortgages, and have had some success in “owning” their land. We should not be working toward that goal. That would be blasphemous on this TDS forum.
    By all means, I would love to hear success stories about people who have successfully kept their land and and homes and property with paying government rents.

I also propose that you change your screen name to Pro-Fed, since most of your responses to me have cemented that position.
    LOL - All because I pointed out to you the mechanism in the Bill of Rights by which eminent domain can be used.

The Bill of Rights that is only in the CONstitution because of the ANTI Federalists.

But hey, health care is a right, including healthcare for migrant invaders, and somebody has to pay for it.

What better way than government rents, amirite?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-08-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Yes, top down government is best. I have been mistaken all along. We should in fact offer all of the land to the Fed and ask what they think is best. For our “protection”, of course.

Your ranting about the Bill of Rights and insulting AF is funny when you look at some of the other things you want government to do:

Companies fire employees for gifting.

Forget Term Limits. Nobody ever looks at records anyway, it would be the same revolving door.

The only solution:

Lobbying should be criminalized, not by fine, but rather very lengthy imprisonment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Oh GOOD! Let's criminalize political speech and the right to petition for grievances!

That won't bring on tyranny, it will set us free!
    The border must be secured by some means and eminent domain is in the Bill of Rights, I don't support the wall but the wall is better than what you support.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Your ranting about the Bill of Rights and insulting AF is funny when you look at some of the other things you want government to do:

The border must be secured by some means and eminent domain is in the Bill of Rights, I don't support the wall but the wall is better than what you support.
    Why it’s Brother Fed! I’m glad you stopped by to teach me a thing or two :-) Maybe you’ll attend the next liberty gathering where you can sit RP down and set him straight as well :-)

Goooooo Fed!

Why it’s Brother Fed! I’m glad you stopped by to teach me a thing or two :-) Maybe you’ll attend the next liberty gathering where you can sit RP down and set him straight as well :-)

Goooooo Fed!
    Maybe you can explain to him about how the Feds should censor political speech and arrest people for exercising the right to petition for redress of grievances.

Get that beam out of your own eye buddy.

The border must be controlled and while a wall may not be the best solution at least it is Constitutional unlike your blatant embrace of government censorship and tyranny.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The catch to the BoR and Eminent Domain is guess who determines what is "just compensation" under the current system, where no one really owns (alloidal title) their land in the first place? The same people that are paid by the same government that wants the land in the first place. When they say "just compensation" now, what it really means is "Whatever we offer you, shut up and take it or we'll enforce our ownership claim that you granted us and you might get even less and still be evicted."

The original intent of Eminent Domain has been thoroughly corrupted by the current legal system of real estate, compared to when the BoR was originally written. The simple fact is that now the land "owners" have no leverage other than making a stink. They have no legal claim to the land.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-08-2019 at 04:26 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Moments ago we got said answer when the WaPo reported that while Trump will make a case to a national television audience Tuesday night for long-sought border wall funding, he is not expected to declare a national emergency that could empower him to move forward with construction without congressional consent.
    The preview of Trump's speech came thanks to Vice President Pence, who offered unveiled some of Trump’s expected remarks during appearances on three morning television shows Tuesday, arguing that the United States is facing an “undeniable crisis” at its southern border and urging Democrats to “come to the table” to negotiate an end to an impasse over the wall that has led to a partial government shutdown.
    “What I expect the president will do tonight is explain to the American people that we have a humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border,” Pence said on NBC’s “Today” show. “He’ll explain the need, not just to build a wall, which he’s determined to do, but also to provide our Border Patrol with additional resources, humanitarian and medical assistance, new technology.”
    And while Pence did not rule out the possibility that Trump at some point would declare a national emergency and direct the military to construct a border wall, the vice president said repeatedly that the administration is seeking a negotiated solution with Congress.
    Meanwhile, a senior White House official with knowledge of the speech said the plan is not to call for a national emergency but to further build a public case for the wall.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...address-report

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^^^^
    He may not declare it during the speech but it'll be important to check out any paperwork that comes out of the WH afterward. Any such declaration/executive action relies on the written word, not the spoken word. It's always the written stuff that matters.

I’ll continue to lean on the side of Liberty. I’m not volunteering giving the government anything. If they use eminent domain and people cheer it on, so be it. Hopefully someday the people will come around and start taking back this government from the bottom up.

I’ll continue to lean on the side of Liberty. I’m not volunteering giving the government anything. If they use eminent domain and people cheer it on, so be it. Hopefully someday the people will come around and start taking back this government from the bottom up.
    Like you lean on the side of liberty when it comes to political speech and the right to petition for redress of grievances?

I don't think I will entrust you with the preservation of MY liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hope Trump says something about ending the federal war on drugs and ending the welfare state but I won't count on it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I don't think I will entrust you with the preservation of MY liberty.
    Oh, but you will. You don't have a choice, slick. He's a voter just like you, and his vote counts exactly as much as yours does.

There's the rub.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Oh, but you will. You don't have a choice, slick. He's a voter just like you, and his vote counts exactly as much as yours does.

There's the rub.
    Anarchists vote?

I thought that was against your religion?

In any case I won't have to entrust the preservation of my liberty to him because you anarchists will never win an election and if you did manage to impose anarchy on my country I would exercise my right to self defense and set up a government.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

For the Trumpkins who want Trump to declare a national emergency, what will be the explanation/excuse if he doesn't?

...something something Deep State, something something drugs in the spray tan?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    For the Trumpkins who want Trump to declare a national emergency, what will be the explanation/excuse if he doesn't?

...something something Deep State, something something drugs in the spray tan?
    He is still milking the shutdown, using an emergency to build the wall would end the shutdown.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Right off the bat with a troll...

"My fellow Americans, I am ah-speaking to you."
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

'Expensive wall' Really Schumer?

Even a busted up clock is right twice a day.

Pelosi voted against Patriot Act. She opposes the wall.

Stay tuned for more anti-liberty solutions, I don’t know a politician on either side who actually worries about “waste of money”.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Schumer is a rat fink bastard and it goes back to the Waco Investigation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast