Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peter Thiel gives another $1.7 million to Ron Paul Super PAC (Endorse Liberty)

Wonder what RevPacs "game-changer" is. Because this doesn't help them one bit. I'd still love to see AdamT do some commercials for EndorseLiberty.
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddone View Post
    Wonder what RevPacs "game-changer" is. Because this doesn't help them one bit. I'd still love to see AdamT do some commercials for EndorseLiberty.
    Maybe EndorseLiberty is borrowing some of RevPAC's talent? I'm not aware of any laws preventing PACs from working together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddone View Post
    I think it's something to do with vote flipping, personally.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

I can only hope they pick a few states we have a realistic chance at winning and states which are proportional because $1.7 albeit a large sum from one person, it doesn't buy you much. There are 24 states from now to the end of March.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Paying enough people to knock on every door in Castine, ME and offer anyone who already supports Ron Paul a raffle ticket for a free car to be given away at the caucus on March 3 would win Maine for Ron Paul.
    Last edited by rp08orbust; 02-20-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    Paying enough people to knock on every door in Castine, ME and offer anyone who supports Ron Paul a raffle ticket for a free car to be given away at the caucus on March 3 would win Maine for Ron Paul.
    Great idea, but I'm sure there are some kind of rules against this?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Great idea, but I'm sure there are some kind of rules against this?
    Like what? It's a straw poll, no different from Ames, where people were given free tickets to hear Randy Travis if they voted for Michele Bachmann.

My idea is actually less manipulative than Bachmann's, which was essentially to bribe people to vote for her who had already turned out: First identify the Ron Paul supporters, then give them an incentive to show up.
    Last edited by rp08orbust; 02-20-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    That's endorse liberty. I thought the announcement was for revpac?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Has Thiel ever heard of the RevolutionPAC?

I don't mean any offense to Endorse Liberty PAC, but, RevolutionPAC's ads are better . . . more professional looking. Endorse Liberty has put out a good 15 minutes long (!!!!) ad on youtube, maybe too long, but it gets the point across.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If we could combine RevolutionPAC's talent with Endorse Liberty PAC's resources, there wouldn't be a single person in the U.S. who has never heard the name "Ron Paul."
    The truther stuff is off putting for some I think. It's easier for them to donate to something a bit more professional like endorse liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    OK, to be fair, I haven't paid much attention to what buys they've made. But when I looked, all I saw was internet ads. That seemed like a waste...
    It is ... Only his support structure watches those ads.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    That's endorse liberty. I thought the announcement was for revpac?
    Also, that donation was more than a month ago - I don't think this is it.
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the creation of the first ULTRA-PAC all joining together in a corporate structure with specific department..... endorse liberty will be come internet marketing.... revpac will be split between Media and grass root supplies..... and santa rosa? dept of things that make people go "hwa?" (okay im not sure but everyone always mentioned there name was weird and the tag at the end of adds was illegible/looked like something youd see at the end of a video ment for a memorial)

not gonna happen but it would let people donate to "specific" things but leave make some funds more fungeable
    Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!
    Barry Goldwater

Hey Everybody

The article says the money was donated in early January. That means it was already spent. There is nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Or Nothing II View Post
    This mayn't go down too well with ultra-conspiracy-nuts & it just so happens that many of them are Paul-supporters because he's not part of the whole bilderbergers, CFRs, etc etc thing, whatever it is So this donation might cause some backlash on Paul from conspiracy-nuts, I've already seen too many idiots saying "everything is planned & hence so is Paul, he's Jesuit (or mason or whatever they go crazy about )", even if a kitty is stuck on a tree, they think even that could be part of some grand-conspiracy
    I don't think all Bilderberg attendees are evil, bloodsucking scum

Bohemian Grove on the other hand........
    "People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome."

– George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    dunno that I'd call that a "game changer", though it should be a great help

a lot of Thiel-watchers just got their wish
    this, and in tune with Ron's message.

But the last few things RevPak did were absolutely wonderful, the ads Corey et al did.

Three cheers for Thiel!

--
    edit - however, it is to ENDORSE LIBERTY not RevPak, so how can it be the game changer for RevPak? Also, I agree it might already have been spent, but maybe not all.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-20-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I don't mean any offense to Endorse Liberty PAC, but, RevolutionPAC's ads are better . . . more professional looking. Endorse Liberty has put out a good 15 minutes long (!!!!) ad on youtube, maybe too long, but it gets the point across.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    That santa rita PAC ads were the best of the bunch with the most bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by bbwarfield View Post
    the creation of the first ULTRA-PAC all joining together in a corporate structure with specific department..... endorse liberty will be come internet marketing.... revpac will be split between Media and grass root supplies..... and santa rosa? dept of things that make people go "hwa?" (okay im not sure but everyone always mentioned there name was weird and the tag at the end of adds was illegible/looked like something youd see at the end of a video ment for a memorial)

not gonna happen but it would let people donate to "specific" things but leave make some funds more fungeable
    Rita if it is still going is the only one doing tv ads targeting the 70% of GOP primary voters (older folks) who are NOT getting their news on the internet. Frankly, given Ron's dominance of the internet, they seem to be the one best targeting his marketing gap.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Didn't Thiel donate $900,000 not long ago? So is this another 1.7 mil on top of the previous donation?
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 02-20-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    Didn't Thiel donate $900,000 not long ago? So is this another 1.7 mil on top of the previous donation?
    It would seem so.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some of you are such whiners! haha, good God.

He gave them the money, let them figure out what to do with it.

They're not stupid.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

ATTENTION PEOPLE OF EARTH

Read the damn article. For the millionth time, this was money donated in early January. It's just now being reported. That money was likely spent long ago.

Thiel is a cool f'n dude. that's 2.6 million he's donated to Ron Paul Pac's this cycle.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Well, the good news is that with Google TV ads, for about $10,000 (depending on video editing/production costs, could be a lot less) 5 million more Americans can see commercials helping wake them up, I would say that's a minimal cost.

Billionaire Peter Thiel Gives Another $1.7 Million to Ron Paul Super PAC

Billionaire Peter Thiel Gives Another $1.7 Million to Ron Paul Super PAC

Billionaire Peter Thiel has poured $1.7 million more into a super PAC supporting presidential candidate Ron Paul, bringing his total contributions to $2.6 million.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lauriebe...aul-super-pac/

Quote Originally Posted by coffeewithchess View Post
    Well, the good news is that with Google TV ads, for about $10,000 (depending on video editing/production costs, could be a lot less) 5 million more Americans can see commercials helping wake them up, I would say that's a minimal cost.
    it won't happen it was spent on web ads watched by us, likely. I don't get why they thought Ron needed most more exposure on the internet, but there it is, it was their money:

Thiel donated $1.7 million to the so-called super-PAC, according to a report the group filed today with the U.S. Federal Election Commission. Endorse Liberty spent more than $2.9 million during the month and ended up with $60,181 in cash.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...hiel-help.html

Billionaire PayPal Founder Peter Thiel Donates Another $1.7 MILLION to Pro-Paul SuperPAC

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/20/news...hiel_ron_paul/

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Silicon Valley renaissance man Peter Thiel donated another $1.7 million in January to a super PAC that backs Ron Paul, according to disclosure documents filed Monday.

The PayPal co-founder donated $1 million on January 3, and followed that up 10 days later with an additional $700,000 gift.

The donations, disclosed in Federal Election Commission filings, account for almost 75% of the $2.3 million collected by the Endorse Liberty super PAC last month.

They aren't the first donations from the entrepreneur, venture capitalist and hedge fund manager.

Thiel made donations of $150,000 and $750,000 to the super PAC in December, gifts that were disclosed in the committee's year-end filing.
    Thiel is the co-founder of PayPal and worth about $1.5bn.
    Last edited by 1836; 02-20-2012 at 12:03 PM.

been posted, but thanks.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    been posted, but thanks.
    Didn't see it. Sorry.

New target of my mancrush: Peter Thiel

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Pocket change for him. He will have plenty left for Rand. Ron.
    FTFY

Theil is a libertarian. I don't see him donating anything significant to Rand tbh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast