Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you take pride in your ancestors and their ancestral homelands?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    I've noticed most libertarians don't. perhaps its why many become libertarians
    My people were all Libertarian before the savage commies arrived .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    My ancestors conquered this land and took it from the native savages.

Then later went on to conquer the British.

Both the natives and the British, fought like pickled ninnies, so I've been told
    I do not feel I would be any worse off had the british won . Dicks here made it just as crappy as there .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-04-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm fairly sure the injun part of me is at least loosely related to my uncle @oyarde, so I'm rather proud of that. The rest I didn't know well except by DNA test, so I'm indifferent. Their genetic material wound up creating me, so they were obviously very impressive folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not feel I would be any worse off had the british won . Dicks here made just as crappy as there .
    No, no no no. Whole point was we were being taxed without representation.

Its much better now. Now we're being taxed with representation.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I've never been to Northern Ireland, but if you get a chance to go to sovereign Ireland, take it. There's a whole lot to take in, in the rest of Western Europe, but Ireland... Ireland is the place where I would actually choose to live. I've never been to another place where people were just so... nice to me, all the time.

So yeah, in the vein of the thread, I've got some Irish blood in my veins, and I guess you could say I would like to think that, even though I am thoroughly American, I still have a tenuous bond to Ireland. I've never felt that for Germany, or England, or Pennsylvania, or anywhere else my family came from. And come to think of it, nothing makes me want to get up and move my feet like a proper reel

I have some Irish and British blood myself (dating back to c. 1920-1950 according to my tests), and revel in the music too. It moved me to learn tin whistle and Irish flute (keyed and keyless) in D. I have a sheet music book full of classic reels, airs, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No, no no no. Whole point was they were taxing us without representation.

Its much better now. Now they are taxing us with representation.
    Kings tax rate then is way less than I pay now . Commie russians pay less now too than us . Your representation may be better than mine but it matters not .
    Do something Danke

Well. I share both the name and blood of a major founder. As well as Native American ancestry out of what is now Washington County, VA. Named after General George Washington. It's complicated. lol. Sometimes I love em and sometimes I hate em.

What's "pride?" I take an interest in my ancestry. Some exceptional individuals. Sarah Josepha Hale. Don Carlos Buell. I'm sure there are some that aren't even worth mentioning and, if known, possibly reviled. I'm ingratiated to the ways of the South. Though I had full opportunity do do else wise. I'm tempted to get a DNA test. Not because of pride or anything else. Just because history is interesting. I am not a huge identifier in that kinda way.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So, you're advocating some form of nationalism which is incompatible with libertarianism?
    where do you see me advocate anything in this thread?

how is nationalism incompatible with libertarianism?

I don't. Not really, at least not my distant genetic ancestors, whose names I don't know. I'm a mutt.

I do think fondly of the recent ancestors I know about but who died before I was born, like my grandparents and great-grandparents who came to America with nothing and worked in mines and things.

The people I identify with more historically speaking are evangelical Christians, reaching back through the centuries to the time of the apostles. I'm not their descendant genetically. But I am spiritually. The nation/tribe/family/kingdom that they comprise is where my ancestral identity is.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What's "pride?" I take an interest in my ancestry. Some exceptional individuals. Sarah Josepha Hale. Don Carlos Buell. I'm sure there are some that aren't even worth mentioning and, if known, possibly reviled. I'm ingratiated to the ways of the South. Though I had full opportunity do do else wise. I'm tempted to get a DNA test. Not because of pride or anything else. Just because history is interesting. I am not a huge identifier in that kinda way.
    Same here. Besides, I'm fairly well mixed and it would be tough to take sides.

#muttpride
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I think my grandfather on my mothers side is an advisor for the AAP not that that's anything to be proud of.
    Last edited by Lamp; 05-05-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It's all relative. I surmise my ancestors possessed more common sense than the contemporary chimpanzees impersonating humans. We have dumb people today completely oblivious to their own limitations by design. This catastrophic blind spot also carries over to the political realm.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    I think my grandfather on my mothers side is an advisor for the AAP not that that's anything to be proud of.
    American Academy of Pediatrics?

Advance Auto Parts?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Advance Auto Parts?
    AAP as in the AAP from India. Their leader is like the Bernie Sanders of India and runs New Delhi as the CM. He may be a media attention whore but he's nowhere near as evil as Modi.
    Last edited by Lamp; 05-05-2017 at 03:44 PM.

AAP as in the AAP from India. Their leader is like the Bernie Sanders of India and runs New Delhi as the CM.
    I thought you were Japanese.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I thought you were Japanese.
    I never said I was. On various occasions I pointed that out that I wasn't. I even showed you a map of the city where my family originated.
    I got my username from a nickname of a character from a series that I liked.
    Last edited by Lamp; 05-05-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Advance Auto Parts?
    Kind of like the E. Warren of India . It is a New Dehli thing . I used to buy some stuff there , but the unfriendly skies have made me scale back .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it is time Danke gets one of those DNA profile thingies so we can see it . Alien /Bigfoot / Neanderthal / Viking ????
    Do something Danke

I never said I was. On various occasions I pointed that out that I wasn't. I even showed you a map of the city where my family originated. I got my username from a nickname of a character from a series that I liked.
    I think it's all the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think it is time Danke gets one of those DNA profile thingies so we can see it . Alien /Bigfoot / Neanderthal / Viking ????
    My money's on all of the above.

My money's on all of the above.
    I am thinking all of the above as well .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I have other things I like. Runescape for example.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    149 to be exact. I've been making the list for 4 years ever since my friend Parm showed me Sword Art Online. I just want to get to that point where I can say I've watch 420.

Last edited by Lamp; 05-05-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Dravidian with a splash of Indo European to be exact. Mom gave me my nose and my cheekbones dad gave everything else.
    Last edited by Lamp; 05-05-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    And no. No I do not have a tech support accent. I sound more like someone from Maine.

Last edited by Lamp; 05-05-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Dravidian with a splash of Indo European to be exact. Mom gave me my nose and my cheekbones dad gave everything else.
    What is Dravidian?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    What is Dravidian?

Dravidian people

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Dravidian (disambiguation).
    Total population
    approx. 217 million speakers
    Languages
    Dravidian languages
    Religion
    predominantly Hinduism, and other Jainism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism
    Dravidians are native speakers of any of the Dravidian languages. There are around 200 million native speakers of Dravidian languages.[1] They form the majority of the population of South India. Dravidian-speaking people are natively found in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan,[2] Nepal, Maldives, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.[3]
    Historically the word "drāviḍa" is used to denote the geographical region of South India,[4] and was devoid of any ethnic or linguistic identity.[4] In Prakrit, words such as "Damela", "Dameda", "Dhamila" and "Damila" evolved from "Tamila" could have been used to denote an ethnic identity.[5]
    The largest-Dravidian ethnic groups are the Tamils from Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Singapore, the Kannadigas from Karnataka, the Telugus from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, the Malayalis from Kerala, and the Tulu people from Karnataka. Certain communities of Marathis from Maharashtra are considered as Scytho-Dravidians.[9][10]

Last edited by Lamp; 05-05-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Dravidian people

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Dravidian (disambiguation).
    Total population
    approx. 217 million speakers
    Languages
    Dravidian languages
    Religion
    predominantly Hinduism, and other Jainism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism
    Dravidians are native speakers of any of the Dravidian languages. There are around 200 million native speakers of Dravidian languages.[1] They form the majority of the population of South India. Dravidian-speaking people are natively found in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan,[2] Nepal, Maldives, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.[3]
    Historically the word "drāviḍa" is used to denote the geographical region of South India,[4] and was devoid of any ethnic or linguistic identity.[4] In Prakrit, words such as "Damela", "Dameda", "Dhamila" and "Damila" evolved from "Tamila" could have been used to denote an ethnic identity.[5]
    The largest-Dravidian ethnic groups are the Tamils from Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Singapore, the Kannadigas from Karnataka, the Telugus from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, the Malayalis from Kerala, and the Tulu people from Karnataka. Certain communities of Marathis from Maharashtra are considered as Scytho-Dravidians.[9][10]

Ah ok..I guess I could have Wiki'd it myself.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I couldn't simply say South Indian because "South Indian" isn't a definitive racial group or gene stock.
    Last edited by Lamp; 05-05-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    What is Dravidian?
    South India , but the best river fishing is in the north .
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast