Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Person shot and killed during pro-Trump car caravan through Portland

Father, son charged after allegedly racing at 111 mph on Interstate 84
    Driver, 48, and his 17-year-old son also charged with driving under the influence

Jun 9, 2020 Updated Jun 9, 2020 0

A Clackamas man and his teenage son were both arrested early Monday after an Oregon State Police trooper saw the pair apparently racing at over 100 mph in separate vehicles on Interstate 84 near North Powder.

The father, Michael Forest Reinoehl, 48, was charged with driving under the influence of a controlled substance, recklessly endangering another person and unlawful possession of a firearm. He was also cited for driving while uninsured, driving while suspended, and for speeding.

His 17-year-old son, whose name was not listed in a police report, was charged with driving under the influence of marijuana and unlawful possession of a firearm.

The incident started about 12:47 a.m. when OSP Sr. Trooper Nicholas Hagedorn saw a 2005 Cadillac STS and a Subaru Impreza traveling at 111 mph and apparently racing. The vehicles were eastbound on Interstate 84 near Milepost 286 at North Powder.

Hagedorn pulled over the Cadillac. He notified the Baker County Sheriff’s Office and deputies found the Subaru on a county road off the freeway near Milepost 298, the Medical Springs Highway exit.

Reinoehl, who was driving the Cadillac, showed signs of impairment and consented to sobriety tests, according to Hagedorn’s report.

Hagedorn found “usable amounts of marijuana and unidentified prescription pills” in the Cadillac. He also found a loaded, concealed Glock pistol for which Reinoehl did not have a concealed handgun license.

Reinoehl’s 11-year-old daughter was riding in the Cadillac, which resulted in the recklessly endangering another person charge.
    Apparently, the alleged shooter is Father of the Year material.

https://www.bakercityherald.com/news...ba4f60fa1.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I watched a couple of local news reports about what happened. Local Fox and CBS affiliates.

Without a hint of shame, this is how it was reported:

- Trump supporters gathered in a different town, and despite best efforts of law enforcement, were able to sneak into Portland.
    - They drove around Portland, shouting racial slurs at people of color.
    - They drove their vehicles into crowds of people.
    - One person was killed. The perpetrator has not been caught, and it is not known or if the killing was related to protests.

This is the only reporting that many people will ever see about this incident.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Guys, this is honestly embarassing. Most of the post-shooting things that are normally done here have been neglected.

Who's going to post the victim's criminal record so that we know if he deserved to die or not?

Who's going to fill the front page with youtube videos of other crimes committed by people who have the same skin color as the victim so that we can feel like the shooter's fear was justified?

Not to mention the fact that we haven't even begun to talk about the details of Oregon's stand your ground laws and how applicable they are to the situation...

Maybe there have just been too many shootings lately, but we're getting sloppy.
    Feel free to fill us in if you have some breaking news. The Mayor and other officials were very helpful in pointing out that a black person was recently killed in Portland.

Say hi to Zippy for us.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Man under investigation in fatal shooting after pro-Trump rally allegedly took loaded gun to earlier Portland protest
    Updated 8:36 PM; Today 7:48 PM

By Maxine Bernstein | The Oregonian/OregonLive

A 48-year-old man who was accused of carrying a loaded gun at an earlier downtown Portland protest is under investigation in the fatal shooting Saturday night of a right-wing demonstrator after a pro-Trump rally.

Michael Forest Reinoehl calls himself an anti-fascist and has posted videos and photos of demonstrations he attended since late June, accompanied by the hashtags #blacklivesmatter, #anewnation and #breonnataylor.

Reinoehl was raised in Sandy and has had recent addresses in Northeast Portland, Gresham and Clackamas. He described himself on social media and in a video interview with Bloomberg QuickTake News as a professional snowboarder and contractor who has former military experience but “hated” his time in the army.

Sources familiar with the case but not authorized to speak said police are investigating Reinoehl. A family member also identified him as a man captured in photos and video seen leaving the shooting scene shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday.

Aaron Danielson, a supporter of the conservative group Patriot Prayer, was shot in the chest and died in the street. It was soon after most cars in a caravan of supporters of President Donald Trump had left the city’s downtown streets.

Reinoehl’s posts indicate he attended many protests in Portland that began three months ago after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis under the knee of a police officer.

On July 5 at one of the demonstrations, Reinoehl was cited at 2:10 a.m. in the 700 block of Southwest Main Street on allegations of possessing a loaded gun in a public place, resisting arrest and interfering with police

He was given a date to appear in court later that month, but the allegations were dropped on July 30 with a “no complaint,” according to court records. The documents don’t indicate why prosecutors decided not to pursue the accusations. Reinoehl spent no time behind bars.

Brent Weisberg, a spokesman for Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt, said the office is still reviewing that July case involving Reinoehl.

Schmidt earlier Sunday decried the deadly violence. He took office on Aug. 1 and quickly announced that he wouldn’t pursue low-level charges against demonstrators, such as interfering with police or resisting arrest. He wasn’t district attorney when the office handled Reinoehl’s gun case.

Video images of the fatal shooting captured a tall, thin white man in a hat and white tube socks running from the scene at Southwest Third Avenue and Alder Street around 8:45 p.m. Screenshots zeroed in a tattoo of a fist on the man’s neck.

The grainy video and other photos, together with witness statements from live streamer Justin Dunlap, suggest the victim may have used some type of mace or pepper spray and then collapsed after gunshots ring out.

Reinoehl’s 36-year-old sister said she was awakened just before 8 a.m. Sunday by a threatening phone call from someone who told her that “our whole family was in danger unless we turned him over.”

“That’s how I found out,” that her brother was allegedly involved, she told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

She called Sandy police to report the threat, she said. Once she looked online and saw screenshots of her brother’s photo, she said she called Portland detectives.

“We reached out to police and confirmed that we recognized Michael in the screenshots,” she said. She asked that her name not be used because of the threats.

Michael Reinoehl has been estranged from the family – including her, their parents and a younger brother – for at least three years, his sister said.

“On the one hand, this whole thing surprises the daylights out of us, because we always thought he is a lot of bark, not a lot of bite,” she said. “But he’s also been very impulsive and irrational.”

Reinoehl has stolen their mother’s seizure medication and owes a lot of debt, often giving his relatives’ addresses as his own to avoid responsibility, she said.

He has a son and daughter and is split from their mother, she said.

“I have friends, family and loved ones on both sides of the conflict,” Reinoehl’s sister said. “Violence begets violence and hatred begets hatred. This is not the solution. My heart goes out to the victim. It always has, before I even knew my brother was involved.”

Reinoehl is also wanted on a failure to appear warrant in a June 8 speed racing case in Baker County in eastern Oregon. He and his 17-year-old son were racing in two different cars at speeds of up to 111 mph heading east on Interstate 84 after midnight near North Powder, according to state police.

Michael Reinoehl faces allegations including driving under the influence of a controlled substance, recklessly endangering another, unlawful possession of a gun and driving while suspended and uninsured.

He was stopped driving a 2005 Cadillac STS with his 11-year-old daughter as a passenger, police said. Inside the car, police said they found marijuana, “unidentified prescription pills” and a loaded Glock pistol for which Reinoehl didn’t have a concealed handgun license.

Shortly after that, Reinoehl began posting about the protests in Portland.

On June 16, he wrote, “Every Revolution needs people that are willing and ready to fight. There are so many of us protesters that are just protesting without a clue of where that will lead. That’s just the beginning that’s that where the fight starts. If that’s as far as you can take it thank you for your participation but please stand aside and support the ones that are willing to fight. I am 100 % ANTIFA all the way! I am willing to fight for my brothers and sisters! ... We do not want violence but we will not run from it either! ... Today’s protesters and antifa are my brothers in arms.”

On the Bloomberg video posted July 27, Reinoehl said he had been shot and turns to the camera to show a bloody bandage on his right arm. He claimed he intervened in an earlier fight between a man with a gun and Black youths.

He said on the video that he’d been “working security and trying to keep protected” someone in the crowd when he got shot as he tried to wrestle a gun away from the man harassing the kids. He didn’t say where that it happened. The account couldn’t be immediately confirmed.

On July 2, Reinoehl wrote on Instagram, “We will not stop until there is change. Now more than ever we need to join together. Join the cause support the people that are willing to take a rubber bullet. Give them supplies food water Medical anything that can help. Bring balloons and paint for paint balloons. #blaklivesmatter #breonnataylor.”

His social media pages also are filled with videos and photos of him snowboarding at Mt. Hood Meadows, sometimes with his dog Ezo accompanying him.

In a February Facebook post, Michael Reinoehl wrote that “it can be hard and confusing at times living in a world consumed by individuality.”

“When as beings we truly are connected to everything in the university and Beyond. Some of us feel trapped in a shell surrounded and controlled by individuals that have no clue,” he says in the post. “Or even worse refuse to accept the truth because they would have to give up their control. For those of you who know and feel the same as I do know this. Our time here is short, always stay true to what you know. And know that you are here to help the innocent ones who do not know. Be that bright light to the ones who are lost. And as you like your own way hopefully some will follow. #love #loveeverything #loveeveryone.”

In one post, he shared a video of people burning a “Trump 2020” flag outside the Multnomah County Justice Center steps earlier this summer. A post from November 2015 shows a Trump face painted on the wall of a restroom with a urinal in place of the mouth. Another post shows a poster of Malala Yousafzai with the quote: “With guns you can kill terrorists. With education, you can kill terrorism.”

Other posts appear to be tied to the Free Thought Project, which bills itself on its website as a “hub for Free Thinking conversations about the promotion of liberty and the daunting task of government accountability.”

Other posts display pictures of his family, friends and his dog and describe him seeking work cleaning gutters to make extra money. In a 2018 post, he says he works for a company that remodels houses. His Facebook page says he studied television production at Mt. Hood Community College.

On Sunday, much of his social media filled up with others commenting, posting pointed messages such as “Turn yourself in” to “You better pray to God that the law gets to you first…Because The Patriots are Storming!!”

-- Maxine Bernstein
    https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...d-protest.html

I'm disappointed by the threats towards his sister, who did nothing wrong, and doesn't deserve to be harassed. But, on the other hand, I don't think he'd be located as quickly as he was without 4chan getting involved. When the Portland DA keeps letting these criminals go, citizens will inevitably take the law into their own hands.

Guys, this is honestly embarassing. Most of the post-shooting things that are normally done here have been neglected.

Who's going to post the victim's criminal record so that we know if he deserved to die or not?

Who's going to fill the front page with youtube videos of other crimes committed by people who have the same skin color as the victim so that we can feel like the shooter's fear was justified?

Not to mention the fact that we haven't even begun to talk about the details of Oregon's stand your ground laws and how applicable they are to the situation...

Are you a real person or one of those word-generators?

Is this close enough to what you were looking for?

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...45807745757184

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Feel free to fill us in if you have some breaking news. The Mayor and other officials were very helpful in pointing out that a black person was recently killed in Portland.

Say hi to Zippy for us.
    He is worse than Zippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's natural to satanists.
    It seems that the satanic thin blue line trumpkin may have made the mistake of bringing bear spray to a gunfight.
    Self Defense.

I
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    I'm disappointed by the threats towards his sister, who did nothing wrong, and doesn't deserve to be harassed. But, on the other hand, I don't think he'd be located as quickly as he was without 4chan getting involved. When the Portland DA keeps letting these criminals go, citizens will inevitably take the law into their own hands.
    She would have to publicly disavow Communism for me to give a $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    It seems that the satanic thin blue line trumpkin may have made the mistake of bringing bear spray to a gunfight.
    Self Defense.

I
    Trumpkins are not Communists, they are just ill-informed. I do believe their hearts are in the right place and they can be dragged into the light, unlike a 48 year Communist. I can forgive the 18 years olds but 48?!? What a dip$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by RPtotheWH View Post
    Are you a real person or one of those word-generators?
    Communists are not 'people'.

Self Defense.

I
    Here we have another projecting satanist AntiFa Commie celebrating an outright murder.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Trumpkins are not Communists, they are just ill-informed. I do believe their hearts are in the right place and they can be dragged into the light, unlike a 48 year Communist. I can forgive the 18 years olds but 48?!? What a dip$#@!.
    70+ year old Helicopter Communist.

Thank you for proving my point that you are a member of Ron Paul Forum's "The Squad", leftists that have infiltrated RPF.

Now let's wait for @PAF to come to your defense.

And don't wait for @enhanced_deficit, thats a troll that only depends on your stupidity, not the other way around.
    Last edited by eleganz; 08-31-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Thank you for proving my point that you are a member of Ron Paul Forum's "The Squad", leftists that have infiltrated RPF.

And don't wait for @enhanced_deficit, thats a troll that only depends on your stupidity, not the other way around.
    At least they haven't praised the murder of the Trump supporter like @RonZeplin.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

At least they haven't praised the murder of the Trump supporter like @RonZeplin.
    @RonZeplin has just lost his marbles. I've never seen him make even one coherent argument before. Its just the same pictures recycled over and over again. We don't need a spammer, at least our resident troll @enhanced_deficit pretends to be a genuine poster, although I don't know who exactly is falling for it.

RonZ Might possibly be RPF's only biden supporter, if there are more, let me know folks.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Self Defense.
    What the hell? Did you forget which forum you are trolling/spamming today? Are you really Joe Biden attempting to meme?

She makes a good point. Paint balls and especially bearspray seem to offend some people more than arson and murder.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    What the hell? Did you forget which forum you are trolling/spamming today? Are you really Joe Biden attempting to meme?
    At this point its sad when somebody @RonZeplin) who claims to be a libertarian and supporter of Ron Paul celebrates a communist killing a republican (member of group called patriot prayer) in cold blood.

I used to feel bad for @RonZeplin when I learned hes just an old man trying to stay relevant to an online libertarian forum but now its just too pathetic.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Here we have another projecting satanist AntiFa Commie celebrating an outright murder.
    Shoot some Bear Spray at me & you may get a similar response.

Your right to swing your fist in protest, ends at my nose.

Shoot some Bear Spray at me & you may get a similar response.

Your right to swing your fist in protest, ends at my nose.
    Assault me with your AntiFa commie friends and you will get Rittenhoused.

Your side initiated the violence and you are celebrating murder.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

At this point its sad when somebody @RonZeplin) who claims to be a libertarian and supporter of Ron Paul celebrates a communist killing a republican (member of group called patriot prayer) in cold blood.
    I have never seen him claim or say anything. He would just spam the same 3 pictures over and over. He seems to have picked up a couple more pics ever since he got teased for his limited array of pictures.

Really good thread explaining the Portland shooting was a well planned assassination…and a distraction. https://twitter.com/linuxhippie/status/1300129818588205056

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I do not know what your or SwordShill I mean @Swordsmyth beef with me is. I have not participated in this thread until now, and you make ASSumptions based on what, I don't know.

You folks call me communist... I am among the most fiscally conservative member of this board, and promote individual liberty and responsibility.

Is it because I believe that every individual has a right to private property and contract rights, and that Natural Rights which are outlined in the Bill of Rights, apply to every individual no matter color or place of origin?

Is it because Welfare payments to corporatist companies such as Moderna, Novovax, etc. SICKENS me, even though your dear orange leader initiated and praises Operation Warp Speed, bowing down to Gates and his pathetic stooges?

Perhaps do a little research into Agorism. Or is that too 'extreme' for the likes of you.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post

Was just going to post that video, Tucker Carlson had it on his show last night.... time to clean house.
    Last edited by Mach; 09-01-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I do not know what your or SwordShill I mean @Swordsmyth beef with me is. I have not participated in this thread until now, and you make ASSumptions based on what, I don't know.

You folks call me communist... I am among the most fiscally conservative member of this board, and promote individual liberty and responsibility.

Is it because I believe that every individual has a right to private property and contract rights, and that Natural Rights which are outlined in the Bill of Rights, apply to every individual no matter color or place of origin?

Is it because Welfare payments to corporatist companies such as Moderna, Novovax, etc. SICKENS me, even though your dear orange leader initiated and praises Operation Warp Speed, bowing down to Gates and his pathetic stooges?

Perhaps do a little research into Agorism. Or is that too 'extreme' for the likes of you.
    It's quite obvious that there's a coordinated effort to commandeer this forum and smear anyone on RPF that is actually a real libertarian and original disciple of Ron Paul's campaigns, especially ones who picked up what Dr. Paul was puttin' down back then, stuck around and now actually walk the walk, not to mention calling out the infiltrating Alinsky LARPer sock-puppets posing as libertarians, who never have anything good to say about Dr. Paul or freedom and liberty unless they can spin it into some kind of divide and conquer Trumpism narrative.

(Yeah that's a giant run-on sentence but no other way to write it)
    Last edited by devil21; 09-01-2020 at 01:15 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's quite obvious that there's a coordinated effort to commandeer this forum and smear anyone on RPF that is actually a real libertarian and original discipline of Ron Paul's campaigns, especially ones who picked up what Dr. Paul was puttin' down back then, stuck around and now actually walk the walk, not to mention calling out the infiltrating Alinsky LARPer sock-puppets posing as libertarians, who never have anything good to say about Dr. Paul or freedom and liberty unless they can spin it into some kind of divide and conquer Trumpism narrative.

(Yeah that's a giant run-on sentence but no other way to write it)
    As long as these true believers aren't claiming Jo "anti-racist" Jorgensen is the answer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast