Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hey everyone, been a long while..

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    oh I definitely do!!! thats a good fight and I think it will be a good test for Usman to see if he is as badass as he thinks.. he hasnt really fought any really highly ranked fighters yet so this will let us know if his talk is for real.. he is a great fighter no doubt but woodley is very strategic and I think will have a good gameplan coming into this one

I am very interested in the other fights on that card as well... really hoping Lawler can best Askren but man Askren is such a high level grappler and i worry he may just wrestle-$#@! lawler to a decision or finish as he has done so many times.. I love Lawler and am rooting for him tho he may want to retire soon he has taken so many significant strikes to the head at this point..

So good to see you!!

ETA:
    ROFL, I hit the wrong post. Your response on vaccines is what I thought I hit.
    Last edited by donnay; 02-21-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've got an oozing abscess on my butt. Can I post a picture for you to look at?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sadly, we've lost a few along the way.

Shem and Amy hurt the most I think.
    oh man I think about them all the time.. they both were such a joy to interact with.. I will never stop thinking about them honestly..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

So good to see you!!

ETA:
    ROFL, I hit the wrong post. Your response on vaccined is what I thought I hit.
    right back at you donnay!! missed you!!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    now that made me laugh out loud ha!!

haha, you are free to your opinion.. and I think we probably have more agreement than disagreement.. but I will still keep a cautious approach to adjuvants and various vaccine formulations.. the principle of vaccination is not something I argue, its the details about how we go about formulating the safest vaccines that we can...

but using pejoratives like anti-vaxxer is not very mature.. nor is it accurate. it is a strawman.. and its the same one I get from many in my field.. its not good enough and its a disservice to those who have legitimate ab-reactions to vaccinations. we must get this right for everyone not just most people.
    Speaking of strawmen, nobody is denying that there are a certain subset of people who can't be vaccinated for a myriad of reasons. It will be great when science progresses to the point when we can all get our meds tailored to our specific genetic make-up, but good isn't the enemy of perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Speaking of strawmen, nobody is denying that there are a certain subset of people who can't be vaccinated for a myriad of reasons. It will be great when science progresses to the point when we can all get our meds tailored to our specific genetic make-up, but good isn't the enemy of perfect.
    you seem to be reading things from what I wrote that I did not really say or intend.. not sure why..

I think vaccinations by and large are awesome but would like to take it further and as someone who will be directly in charge of people's care and people's children, I need to be as aware to all the possibilities that there are for those who get vaccinated so I can help them through the process and avoid unnecessary harm.. I will be someone who can bridge the gap with people who are actually outright against all vaccines because I understand their skepticism and will do my very best to separate myth from reality..

its easier for people to say things like this about vaccines when they have no direct responsibility over their administration... I take this very seriously.. I will have to explain to parents what is happening if their child has a terrible reaction to a vaccine schedule.. I am doing my best to prepare to mitigate that as much as possibly can, is that so wrong? before I am in this important position, I will be doing my best to be as informed as possible and part of that is being able to differentiate legitimate research from non.. and that is not easy by any measure but I am getting better at it. it is a large focus of my personal studies and will always be. Getting my BS in molecular biology/genetics and minor in medicinal chemistry(including 2 years of research) was a great foundation for that but it never ends.

yes, vaccines are heavily researched but if you talk to many journal editors, they will admit that a lot of research is not reliable or reproduce-able.. there are many who publish and use deceptive means for making their research look valid.. it is merely a job to them or they are trying to appear valid when they don't really find what they claim.. I have a lot of experience in research myself and the amount of jaded and outright corrupt people who work in that field scared the hell out of me..

this is an epidemic in science and this isn't even addressing the conflicts of interest in a lot of research.. Science is still very limited even with how far we have come and many shifty people have contributed to the pool of research in all sectors of science. just understand that wakefield is not the only one who has claimed false ends in his research, this is very common, it is just not as reported..
    Last edited by Kotin; 02-21-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Lol. Let me refer you to the show “Dr. Pimple Popper”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Lol. Let me refer you to the show “Dr. Pimple Popper”.
    OMG, I love that show.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ghlight=pimple

I hope kotin tubes anything gross he gets to pop. It would be a nice side hustle to supplement his doctoring wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    OMG, I love that show.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ghlight=pimple

I hope kotin tubes anything gross he gets to pop. It would be a nice side hustle to supplement his doctoring wages.
    Do you watch “Botched “ too? If you want to go full hard-core grossness, check out “Botched Up Bodies” on Netflix. That should cure people of their obsession with unnecessary plastic surgery. It needs to be de-glamorized. People have gone full retard with plastic surgery.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Do you watch “Botched “ too? If you want to go full hard-core grossness, check out “Botched Up Bodies” on Netflix. That should cure people of their obsession with unnecessary plastic surgery. It needs to be de-glamorized. People have gone full retard with plastic surgery.
    Hell, no! I don't like to see people messed up. The pimple popper makes people's lives better. Plus, I love popping stuff. I even bought myself a whole set of extracting tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Hell, no! I don't like to see people messed up. The pimple popper makes people's lives better. Plus, I love popping stuff. I even bought myself a whole set of extracting tools.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh I definitely do!!! thats a good fight and I think it will be a good test for Usman to see if he is as badass as he thinks.. he hasnt really fought any really highly ranked fighters yet so this will let us know if his talk is for real.. he is a great fighter no doubt but woodley is very strategic and I think will have a good gameplan coming into this one

I am very interested in the other fights on that card as well... really hoping Lawler can best Askren but man Askren is such a high level grappler and i worry he may just wrestle-$#@! lawler to a decision or finish as he has done so many times.. I love Lawler and am rooting for him tho he may want to retire soon he has taken so many significant strikes to the head at this point..
    Lawler was robbed and Usman whooped Woodley's a**. What a fight
    Last edited by juleswin; 03-03-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Lawler was robbed and Usman whooped Woodley's a**. What a fight
    agree 100%.. Lawler actually looked fantastic and got a very bad early stoppage.. ugh thats lame

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123