Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellen says cryptocurrencies need to be "curtailed"

Thumbs down Yellen says cryptocurrencies need to be "curtailed"

Janet Yellen suggests 'curtailing' cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, saying they are mainly used for illegal financing

Harry Robertson
    Jan. 20, 2021

Janet Yellen, President-elect Joe Biden's nominee for treasury secretary, suggested on Tuesday that lawmakers "curtail" the use of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin over concerns that they are "mainly" used for illegal activities.

There has been a surge in interest in bitcoin; its price has soared by about 300% in the past year. Bitcoin was down 7.59%, to $34,183.57, on Wednesday, while Ethereum was down 9.74%, to $1,259.97, after hitting an all-time high of more than $1,430 on Tuesday.

Yellen's comments suggested the incoming Biden administration could be hostile to cryptocurrencies and ramp up regulation. Watchdogs around the world, from the European Central Bank to the UK's financial regulator, have recently expressed concerns about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.

Sen. Maggie Hassan asked Yellen during her confirmation hearing on Tuesday about the dangers of terrorists using cryptocurrencies.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...1-1-1029985692
    Last edited by jct74; 01-20-2021 at 04:15 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can't have any competition for the State official crypto that's in the pipeline, crypto's will be absorbed or outright stolen eventually.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

She is 100% right.

Kill them.

This is what prompted the selloff for the recent 5k drop . Your new commie regime looking out for you peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    She is 100% right.

Kill them.
    It is none of anyone's business what you or anyone does with their money.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    that is not true.

that is not true.
    explain.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

We can't have any other form of currency compete with God Dollar for global cabal supremacy can we?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    explain.
    well, there's not only criminal activity, but the people's right to control their own currency, our currency - which, unfortunately, are FRN's. FRN's are the only legal tender in the USA. Allowing crypto "currencies" to go mainstream is quite likely against US law, especially in the more recent machinations achieved and aspired to by cryptocurrency lobbyists.

We - the people - via our elected representatives have authority over the dollar. Although it is true that the Federal Reserve Act outsourced the administration of that duty to a consortium of banks, the Federal Reserve Chair, and the regional chiefs are approved or rejected by the Senate, after they are appointed by the Executive, POTUS. Moreover, Congress may rescind, alter, or mandate oversight over the Fed anytime. Control of the people's currency, including its protection and the suppression of alternatives which illegally seek currency status they are not legally entitled to is a duty - a very profoud duty - of our government.
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-20-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I dont think snoballs has any real monies .

Government (and their “private” subcontractors) don’t like competition.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

well, there's not only criminal activity, but the people's right to control their own currency, our currency - which, unfortunately, are FRN's. FRN's are the only legal tender in the USA. Allowing crypto "currencies" to go mainstream is quite likely against US law, especially in the more recent machinations achieved and aspired to by cryptocurrency lobbyists.

We - the people - via our elected representatives have authority over the dollar. Although it is true that the Federal Reserve Act outsourced the administration of that duty to a consortium of banks, the Federal Reserve Chair, and the regional chiefs are approved or rejected by the Senate, after they are appointed by the Executive, POTUS. Moreover, Congress may rescind, alter, or mandate oversight over the Fed anytime. Control of the people's currency, including its protection and the suppression of alternatives which illegally seek currency status they are not legally entitled to is a duty - a very profoud duty - of our government.
    Hmm, so basically you believe in government tyranny.

The only legitimate reason for the government to coin money is so that people can pay their taxes with it, if you think taxation is legitimate.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

that is not true.
    Do you believe all cash transactions should be eliminated to since the government does not know what you are doing with cash?

well, there's not only criminal activity, (There is criminal activity with FRN's) but the people's right to control their own currency, our currency - which, unfortunately, are FRN's. FRN's are the only legal tender in the USA. (No state shall coin money, emit bills of credit, or make any thing but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts. ~ Art. I, sec. 10, cl. 1.) So, other forms of currency are legal besides FRN's. Allowing crypto "currencies" to go mainstream is quite likely against US law, especially in the more recent machinations achieved and aspired to by cryptocurrency lobbyists.

We - the people - via our elected representatives have authority over the dollar. Although it is true that the Federal Reserve Act outsourced the administration of that duty to a consortium of banks, the Federal Reserve Chair, and the regional chiefs are approved or rejected by the Senate, after they are appointed by the Executive, POTUS. (it was formed, codified and ratified in secret by unbeknownst to politicians and "We The People" refer to link for in depth reading. Moreover, Congress may rescind, alter, or mandate oversight over the Fed anytime. Control of the people's currency, including its protection and the suppression of alternatives which illegally seek currency status they are not legally entitled to is a duty - a very profoud duty - of our government. Congress in no way will EVER recind, alter or mandate oversight of the FED. Congress is on the payroll. They won't even allow an audit.
    I recommend this book.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/..._Jekyll_Island

Good video by Mike Maloney ep #4 lays out how the system works. All episodes are good a history of money but ep. #4 is especially poignant.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...%26FORM%3DVDRE
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 01-20-2021 at 05:46 PM.

These are the Ron Paul forums. One of Ron Paul's most strongly held beliefs is that there should be competition in currency. ie, private, competing currencies. He sponsored the free competition in currency act in congress repeatedly for years.

Snowball ... I'm calling you out. If you disagree with this basic premise, what are you doing here on this forum exactly?

If they can mandate face masks and business practice by fine and force, they can make it illegal to use BTC in the USA. All it probably takes is an EO.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watchdogs Foxes guarding henhouses around the world, from the European Central Bank to the UK's financial regulator, have recently expressed concerns [...]
    Fixed.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

We can't have any other form of currency compete with God Dollar for global cabal supremacy can we?
    The spice FRNs must flow.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I am slightly concerned with this. Should I buy or sell my crypto?

Did you major in the official story? Bet you graduated with honors.

Wait, you got me. Sarcasm. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I am slightly concerned with this. Should I buy or sell my crypto?
    I'm keeping mine but I wouldnt have any unless I had a crap ton of ammo, silver and gold first . Dont need the net to use those .

Ron Paul and the Austrians believe in competing currencies...
    And the argument of cryptos being used for nefarious purposes is a complete and utter joke, considering the Federal Reserve "U.S. Dollar" Note has funded cartels, drug rings, wars, murder, theft, etc. around the world for decades.

I don't see an immediate need to sell cryptos, hodl for now. Hedge funds and billionaires are buying into BTC fairly heavily right now. Regulations aren't going to happen overnight, no matter how hard they try and honestly it may make some of them even more lucrative.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Ron Paul and the Austrians believe in competing currencies...
    And the argument of cryptos being used for nefarious purposes is a complete and utter joke, considering the Federal Reserve "U.S. Dollar" Note has funded cartels, drug rings, wars, murder, theft, etc. around the world for decades.

I don't see an immediate need to sell cryptos, hodl for now. Hedge funds and billionaires are buying into BTC fairly heavily right now. Regulations aren't going to happen overnight, no matter how hard they try and honestly it may make some of them even more lucrative.
    It is not just cryptocurrency they are after. They are looking to eliminate cash as well. They want complete control.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    It is not just cryptocurrency they are after. They are looking to eliminate cash as well. They want complete control.
    You're exactly right.
    We're getting so, so close to the whole "mark of the beast" stuff. They weren't kidding by throwing their "Great Reset" stuff in our faces.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    If they can mandate face masks and business practice by fine and force, they can make it illegal to use BTC in the USA. All it probably takes is an EO.
    What's next? Possession of Gold will be illegal? We must serve and store value in God Dollar. Ugh ...

Looking inside my crystal ball, I don’t see bitcoin gaining 300% in 2021

Will be interesting to see how this plays out w/ Yellin

She is 100% right.

Kill them.
    This post is incitement of violence.

Media: Deplatform this user

CIA: No.. He is one of ours.

What's next? Possession of Gold will be illegal? We must serve and store value in God Dollar. Ugh ...
    Please understand that I am not for Government control, I was just saying that the sheep these days will be led directly to slaughter. It would be wise to store your wealth in God or something that cannot be stripped by tyrannical government.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Please understand that I am not for Government control, I was just saying that the sheep these days will be led directly to slaughter. It would be wise to store your wealth in God or something that cannot be stripped by tyrannical government.
    Understood, I was trying to make a point that, as you say, they mandate masking etc ... they can write up any mandates. Such as possession of Gold being illegal to prop up The Dollar. I think that anything that does NOT meet the following two requirements is under threat.

1) It uses the dollar. (everyday transactions)

2) Requires the use of the Dollar. (oil is purchased in petrodollars)

Anything that has value stored in it that is outside those two rules is under threat. BTC operates outside those rules and threatens the FED Dollar scheme. Can't wait to see what happens when another country (like China) implements their own state run crypto currency. I believe the EU is thinking about it too.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 01-21-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast