Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buchanan At last, America First!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Funny you should bring this up. Where did the "Texicans" come from? They were immigrants. Where from? America. Estimates are about 30k Anglos to 8k Mexicans. They had a revolution after Santa Anna dissolved the Mexican constitution. The "Texicans" also seceded from the Fed Union. Didn't work out for them.

Oh, the irony.
    Does that mean you concede that you lost the argument? Looks like it.

Originally Posted by phill4paul
    How did America acquire Texas? Did we buy it and therefore own it outright through property rights? Is this your argument?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    What are you talking about? I replied to a post you made about defending our borders being something government is supposed to do.

What does that have to do with illegal immigration?

Also, you should look up "straw man" in a dictionary.
    Why, everything has to do with immigration...

It's obviously the most important issue facing the country.

...nevermind the federal government's looting of us to the tune of $4 TRILLION annually.

...nah, it's the immigrants.

Trump's plan to deport all illegals at the cost of several hundred billions, and then let almost all of them back in, makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Why, everything has to do with immigration...

It's obviously the most important issue facing the country.

...nevermind the federal government's looting of us to the tune of $4 TRILLION annually.

...nah, it's the immigrants.

Trump's plan to deport all illegals at the cost of several hundred billions, and then let almost all of them back in, makes sense!

Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-29-2016 at 10:18 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

You never answered that question.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Does that mean you concede that you lost the argument? Looks like it.
    Sure, LE. I lost the argument on that point. I concede. Independent Mexico allowed too many Anglos to immigrate and the Anglos overthrew the governments hold.

This is what you replied to: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6206701

And I quoted it in the post up above.

Stop playing games, erowe.
    Why are you always snapping at people? Are you like this IRL?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what you replied to: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6206701

And I quoted it in the post up above.

Stop playing games, erowe.
    Apology accepted.

Here LE, just so you and anyone else can see the two original quotes side-by-side. Notice that my words from post 68 quoted in their entirety below make no mention of defending borders. Defending borders is something you inject in your reply in post 72, also quoted below.

I never said anything supporting either of those. But the solution to the problems of big government isn't even more big government, which is what protectionism and immigration restrictions are.
    Defending our borders is actually one of the things our government is supposed to be doing.
    It's as if you think you can just say "defend borders" and automatically include restrictions on immigration in that. In your mind those are just two ways of saying the same thing.

It's as if you think you can just say "defend borders" and automatically include restrictions on immigration in that. In your mind those are just two ways of saying the same thing.
    Simple strokes for simple folks..

Dem der furriners er bad her der..

Apology accepted.
    No apology made. I wasn't in error.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Sure, LE. I lost the argument on that point. I concede. Independent Mexico allowed too many Anglos to immigrate and the Anglos overthrew the governments hold.
    Santa Anna became tyrannical and the Texicans fought for their freedom.
    ================

No apology made. I wasn't in error.
    I just showed that you were in post 98.

I just showed that you were in post 98.
    Nope.
    ================

Santa Anna became tyrannical and the Texicans fought for their freedom.
    Hmmmmm...... no.

TEXAS ANNEXATION.

The annexation of Texas to the United States became a topic of political and diplomatic discussion after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803 and became a matter of international concern between 1836 and 1845, when Texas was a republic. In September 1836 Texas voted overwhelmingly in favor of annexation, but when the Texas minister at Washington, D.C., proposed annexation to the Martin Van Buren administration in August 1837, he was told that the proposition could not be entertained. Constitutional scruples and fear of war with Mexico were the reasons given for the rejection, but antislavery sentiment in the United States undoubtedly influenced Van Buren and continued to be the chief obstacle to annexation. Texas withdrew the annexation offer in 1838; President Mirabeau B. Lamar (1838–41) opposed annexation and did not reopen the question. Sam Houston, early in his second term (1841–44), tried without success to awaken the interest of the United States.

In 1843 the United States became alarmed over the policy of Great Britain toward Texas. The British were opposed to annexation and even contemplated the use of force to prevent it. They did not wish to add Texas to the British Empire, but they did want to prevent the westward expansion of the United States, to reap commercial advantages from Texas trade, and to tamper with the American tariff system and the institution of slavery.

President John Tyler, concluding that Texas must not become a satellite of Great Britain, proposed annexation. After some sparring, Houston consented to the negotiation of a treaty of annexation, which was rejected by the United States Senate in June 1844. Annexation then became an issue in the presidential election of 1844; James K. Polk, who favored annexation, was elected. Tyler, feeling the need of haste if British designs were to be circumvented, suggested that annexation be accomplished by a joint resolution offering Texas statehood on certain conditions, the acceptance of which by Texas would complete the merger. The United States Congress passed the annexation resolution on February 28, 1845, and Andrew Jackson Donelson proceeded to Texas to urge acceptance of the offer.

The British still hoped to prevent annexation by having Texas decline the American offer. On British advice, the government of Mexico agreed to acknowledge the independence of Texas on condition that she not annex herself to any country. Public opinion in Texas, fanned by special agents from the United States, demanded acceptance of the American offer. President Anson Jones called the Texas Congress to meet on June 16, 1845, and a convention of elected delegates was assembled on July 4. He placed before both bodies the choice of annexation or independence recognized by Mexico. Both Congress and the convention voted for annexation. A state constitution, drawn up by the convention, was ratified by popular vote in October 1845 and accepted by the United States Congress on December 29, 1845, the date of Texas's legal entry into the Union. The formal transfer of authority from the republic to the state was not made until a ceremony held on February 19, 1846. President Anson Jones handed over the reins of state government to Governor James Pinckney Henderson having declared "The final act in this great drama is now performed; the Republic of Texas is no more."
    There is no spoon.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Hmmmmm...... no.
    What is it that you believe you proved there?
    ================

What is it that you believe you proved there?
    Reading is your friend.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Reading is your friend.
    So is logic.
    ================

So is logic.
    Good idea! Try it.
    There is no spoon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234