Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Libertarian national convention May 27–30 in Orlando (Official thread)

Proud of my state, Nebraska, not going with Johnson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks, New Mexico delegate. I had no idea GJ was from New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Watching this... what do Libertarians have against personal hygiene?
    Like the well groomed young man speaking now? Or the well groomed young lady speaking after him. Or the well groomed older gentleman speaking after her? Or the well groomed man in a business suit speaking after him? Libertarians are diverse.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Like the well groomed young man speaking now? Or the well groomed young lady speaking after him. Or the well groomed older gentleman speaking after her? Or the well groomed man in a business suit speaking after him? Libertarians are diverse.
    You must be watching something different than I am.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like Johnson has it wrapped up.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Let's hope they can block Weld... but doubt it.

You must be watching something different than I am.
    I'm watching the CSPAn Libertarian convention. Perhaps you need to put your glasses on.

I'm watching the CSPAn Libertarian convention. Perhaps you need to put your glasses on.
    Perhaps your TV screen needs some hygiene too.
    ================

Perhaps your TV screen needs some hygiene too.
    Just STFU already with your snide remarks.

Woot! Ron Paul just got a vote.

Woot! Ron Paul just got a vote.
    Smartest delegate in the room.

Hey HB, Vermin just got a vote!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary Johnson wins 1st ballot 458 votes 49.5 %

...stay tuned for round two! (needs over 50%)
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 05-29-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Going to second ballot.

Gary Johnson wins a plurality of 49.5% on first ballot.

Majority required for LP nomination.

Second ballot will commence shortly.

Live feed:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?409917-...s-nominee&live
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Good morning people.. I'm more than thrilled that they're going to a second vote
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

and here's the live feed for the net
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/libertarian-party1
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I'm surprised that motion failed. It would have allowed for them to vote for Peterson or McAfee as VP if I'm not mistaken.

It would have put more people in the running to defeat Weld.. not sure how that happened.. I think it might come up a second time with different wording

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope they can pass the motion because at this point I'd rather see a Johnson/Peterson ticket if Johnson is going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    and here's the live feed for the net
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/libertarian-party1
    All I'm getting is a black screen, is there something I should do differently to watch this?

- ML

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    All I'm getting is a black screen, is there something I should do differently to watch this?

- ML
    I'm just watching it on CSPAN: http://www.c-span.org/video/?409917-...s-nominee&live

Alex Merced? He used to post here, I think.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-29-2016 at 10:34 AM.
    ================

That link says that I have to sign into my cable provider account to access the video.

- ML

The pink hair woman, running for Oklahoma State Senate... That ain't going to go over well in Oklahoma. Why do people insist on shooting themselves in the foot?
    ================

I think the pink hair is just the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    I don't think so. I saw her in the audience too; pink hair.
    ================

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    I like wild hair colors. Not sure about pink but there's a girl at work who just did her hair BRIGHT red and I think it's hot.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post

- ML
    check under your browser menu bar.. you might need to update freekin adobe flash

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast