Thread: I am starting a swear jar, please assist when you can

Exclamation I am starting a swear jar, please assist when you can

Well, I've just made a decision.

I'm going to, as much as I possibly can, cease swearing and cussing in both my personal life and posting life.

I intend to start a "swear jar" and pay the cussing fine each time I catch myself in real life, or you do, in a post.

I've never shied away from cursing like a sailor before. Everybody who knows me around here, knows that.

But now, just like tattoos, that used to make a powerful statement about who you were, f this and f that and f your mother and everything else is as commonplace and accepted as air, and therefore, as we rapidly choke on the rising tide of smut, they make no impact at all, other than increasingly sounding idiotic.

So, we'll see how it goes.

At the very least it will provide some mental exercise to come up with new biting modifiers and stinging descriptives.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Da fuq?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I can't go a single day without cussing at least once.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Oh to sound like a bobolyne bespawling, nigh sounding the muck-spout..

When I was saved I STOPPED for a while

World crawaled back in

The toung is the last thing to go

Its hard
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

If I was catholic I'd probably be a saint already . So I'll pass .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get the $#@! outa here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Just switch over to profanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, I've just made a decision.

I'm going to, as much as I possibly can, cease swearing and cussing in both my personal life and posting life.

I intend to start a "swear jar" and pay the cussing fine each time I catch myself in real life, or you do, in a post.

I've never shied away from cursing like a sailor before. Everybody who knows me around here, knows that.

But now, just like tattoos, that used to make a powerful statement about who you were, f this and f that and f your mother and everything else is as commonplace and accepted as air, and therefore, as we rapidly choke on the rising tide of smut, they make no impact at all, other than increasingly sounding idiotic.

So, we'll see how it goes.

At the very least it will provide some mental exercise to come up with new biting modifiers and stinging descriptives.
    What’s the current fine?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    What’s the current fine?
    One dollah per incident.

One dollah per incident.
    Would prolly depend if worth the price... could save up enough to buy yourself a little something nice.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Would prolly depend if worth the price... could save up enough to buy yourself a little something nice.
    I need to beef up the handgun locker...I find myself a little light supplied after arming some unprepared folks during this time of craziness.

I figure a pair of Ruger EC9s would do the trick nicely, without breaking the bank.

Normally I'm not a big fan of Ruger auto pistols, but I shot one of these the other day and was very impressed. The striker action trigger was smooth, the sights easy to acquire, the action reliable and easy to rack, the fit and finish good for the price and the whole weapon easily concealed with a manual safety for safe carry in half cock with a round in the pipe.

At an MSRP of roughly half of what makers like S and W and H and K and Sig are charging for similar weapons, it's a bargain.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-09-2020 at 08:41 PM.

One dollah per incident.
    so how it the running total so far?

I am course and blunt,,ain't gonna try otherwise at this point.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    so how it the running total so far?

I am course and blunt,,ain't gonna try otherwise at this point.
    $15 today...and I probably missed a couple.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol

Take half of that,,buy beer,,
    Watch a news broadcast and you can double it in no time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Cursewords are magic words. Whenever something isn't working for me, I start cursing. In many cases things then work. Like I said, magic words.
    "I am a bird"

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I can't go a single day without cussing at least once.
    I cuss....a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I cuss....a lot.

I will be your manager.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I will be your manager.

If I could do spreadies like that, I wouldn't live in a treehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.