Thread: A little story

A little story, MA question 3 related

I was having dinner with some of my family. They got into the topic of question 3 passing in MA. They were all for it, and and were badmouthing others that weren't there for voting against it. I told them, I would of voted NO. They were ready to hang me. I explained. I don't need a law to tell me how to raise my chicken. (We spoil them). And, I don't need a law to tell me what I should buy/eat. I take care of myself. I know pretty much EVERYTHING I put in my body. Matter of fact, I ate before we went, because I won't eat takeout. THEY, the ones in favor of the law, ate the chicken from takeout and didn't give one damn where it came from. But, I'm the crazy one.

This is what it's like dealing with LIBERALS AND THUMP supporters.
    Last edited by scm; 11-14-2016 at 04:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An Act to Prevent Cruelty to Farm Animals
    Be it enacted by the People, and by their authority:
    Prevention of Farm Animal Cruelty Act
    What kind of deranged city people take the time to draft such an act?

Even worse is that people actually discuss such matters with a straight face.

If the idiots in Concreteville want to control how their food is raised then buy a $#@!ing farm or pay a farmer they know.

This isn't an issue for legislation.

I make my dog's food (chicken, rice and carrots) and the mother of one of my son's friends told me she thought it was dangerous. How could I know if he (my doge) was getting proper nutrition? She actually asked me this whilst her son was eating chicken McNuggets from McDonalds, lol.

Btw, my doge is 15 years old and aside from being blind and having a touch of arthritis, he's in excellent health. I started making his food because he kept getting horrible skin rashes and my vet suggested that we cut corn from his diet. He said if that didn't work, we would have to do allergy testing. Luckily, it worked because allergy testing was going to cost $700.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Suz,

Did you read any of that BS the OP linked to?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Suz,

Did you read any of that BS the OP linked to?
    It seemed like a bunch of lawyer speak. I couldn't figure out what they're trying to accomplish.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

This isn't an issue for legislation.
    There is no issue, topic, or thought that is above legislation!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It seemed like a bunch of lawyer speak. I couldn't figure out what they're trying to accomplish.
    They're trying to appease their voter base, a bunch of bleeding heart liberals who want their food to be raised in an undefined manner.

Rest assured though it makes sense to them..

Makes me wonder how many actual farms there are in Taxachusetts..

I hope they all shut down out of protest and start raising flowers...

They're trying to appease their voter base, a bunch of bleeding heart liberals who want their food to be raised in an undefined manner.

Rest assured though it makes sense to them..

Makes me wonder how many actual farms there are in Taxachusetts..

I hope they all shut down out of protest and start raising flowers...
    That may be what they're shooting for.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I make my dog's food (chicken, rice and carrots) and the mother of one of my son's friends told me she thought it was dangerous. How could I know if he (my doge) was getting proper nutrition? She actually asked me this whilst her son was eating chicken McNuggets from McDonalds, lol.

Btw, my doge is 15 years old and aside from being blind and having a touch of arthritis, he's in excellent health. I started making his food because he kept getting horrible skin rashes and my vet suggested that we cut corn from his diet. He said if that didn't work, we would have to do allergy testing. Luckily, it worked because allergy testing was going to cost $700.00.
    Not sure if you had ever seen this for the arthritis.
    https://canna-pet.com/ailment_group/pain-inflammation/

Our two dogs and chicken eat better than most children in this country. All organic. I brush my dogs teeth every night with homemade organic toothpaste. I built our coop about 3x bigger than needed. Our chicken free range 80-90% of the time. Didn't take me a law to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    Not sure if you had ever seen this for the arthritis.
    https://canna-pet.com/ailment_group/pain-inflammation/

Our two dogs and chicken eat better than most children in this country. All organic. I brush my dogs teeth every night with homemade organic toothpaste. I built our coop about 3x bigger than needed. Our chicken free range 80-90% of the time. Didn't take me a law to do the right thing.
    I was reading about that in another thread. I might just give it a shot. Right now, he seems a little stiff when he first gets up but after moving around, he gets a lot better. I've been giving him massages a few times a day and he seems to like that - it seems to be helping him. I give him a massage specifically for arthritic senior dogs.

I was reading about that in another thread. I might just give it a shot. Right now, he seems a little stiff when he first gets up but after moving around, he gets a lot better. I've been giving him massages a few times a day and he seems to like that - it seems to be helping him. I give him a massage specifically for arthritic senior dogs.
    You can try turmeric too if you don't already. I cook eggs for the dogs some mornings and add cinnamon, turmeric, etc... I do look up everything first, some things just are not good for them aside from the obvious.

This thread needs some Trump.

This thread needs some Trump.

**Pic removed, one is one too many already**
    And just like that, THUMP ruined this thread as fast as he will the country.