Thread: Penn Jillette is an $#@!

Exclamation Penn Jillette is an $#@!

Never did care for that guy, just another pseudo libertarian interested in nothing but smoking dope and weirdosexualism.

And a Child Shall Mislead Them

https://www.takimag.com/article/and-...-mislead-them/

David Cole

October 19, 2021

This week, we take a focused look at how the West’s most destructive superstition can grip the mind of even the most strident “rationalist,” and what that means for those of us who don’t partake in the séance.

Penn Jillette, the tall half of the hugely successful magician duo Penn & Teller, is one of the entertainment industry’s most outspoken atheists. For decades, Jillette has smugly condemned all manner of religious, psychic, and pseudoscientific irrationality. He also has a fan base on the right, because as a self-described libertarian, Jillette’s often mused about how “taxation is theft” and government compulsion is bad.

Penn Jillette: a man with no gods, including government. A man who falls for no (to use the title of his Showtime series) “bull$#@!.”

Then his teenage daughter decided that she’s a man. And the world witnessed how quickly the “smug” vanishes from the rationalist when the bull$#@! hits too close to home.

About a year or so ago, Jillette’s daughter, Moxie Crimefighter (yes, that’s her name), decided that she’d been “assigned the wrong sex at birth.” And she demanded that her parents no longer use female pronouns for her, like, ever.

Back in 2014, Jillette bragged on his podcast about how he’d raised Moxie to “laugh at God.”

There’s an old saying I just coined: “When you laugh at God, He laughs back and best.”

Because now Jillette—Mr. “no pseudoscience,” Mr. “no cults or flimflam”—has become the spokesperson for the biggest pseudoscientific cultlike flimflam of the 21st century. The guy who’s spent a career deconstructing magic (“no, the bouquet of flowers didn’t actually become a rabbit; it was sleight of hand”) is now a true believer that a girl can actually become a boy overnight, by the sheer power of mentalism!

Abracagender!

In theory, none of this is our concern. What transpires in the Jillette household is solely the business of the Jillettes.

But Penn makes it our business.

As part of Jillette’s conversion to spiritualist, he’s publicly renounced his libertarianism (on CNN, no less!), he’s embraced burdensome government, and he’s thrown his support full-throttle behind Joe Biden and Gavin Newsom as they promote policies that strong-arm us to “see” Jillette’s spooks and spirits (Newsom in particular is arguably the most “compulsory” politico in the country when it comes to forcing people to accept tranny theology).

Jillette supports politicians who want to force girls to shower, change, and go to the bathroom alongside biological boys. Those same politicians have eliminated cervical cancer smear test outreaches to women (because it’s a hate crime to say that only women have a cervix), and the Mayo Clinic—joining the madness—has scrubbed its cervical cancer awareness page of any mention of women.

To be clear, women will die from the elimination of targeted cervical cancer outreach, and girls will be, and have been, raped by boys playing tranny to infiltrate the girls’ bathroom. Jillette used to be a campaigner against “psychic surgeon” frauds who endanger people by pretending to cure their disease, thus prompting them to neglect legitimate treatment. Yet now he supports politicians who put women at risk because of a belief system no less irrational than psychic healing.

Jillette’s also pledged to ban gender pronouns from his CW series Fool Us:

I have tried to eliminate all gender pronouns from our show. That’s very difficult for me, because I’m uneducated. I have that autodidact, irritating quality of reading old grammar books. So it’s very difficult for me to use third-person plural as third-person singular, but I’ve done it. I used to say he or she a lot, but I learned the binary gender thing was impolite and inconsiderate.

Dude’s apologizing for being erudite (he literally says being well versed in grammar means being “uneducated”).

Jillette’s also stopped using the term “female magicians” in favor of “people who self-identify as women in magic” (that’s not even remotely cumbersome). And most bat$#@! of all, he supports the use of “gender-free playing cards,” in which king, queen, and jack are replaced by “gold, silver, and bronze.” It’s not even clear to me why a tranny would be disturbed by a face card; if boys who think they’re girls really are girls, and if girls who think they’re boys really are boys, then what’s offensive about seeing a female queen and a male king? They can identify with whichever one they feel like that day.

Yet Jillette asks no such questions (the “man of logic” is long gone). It’s not possible to overstate the magnitude of the “genderless deck” thing. Here’s a fella who’s devoted his life to magic, not just as a practitioner, but a historian. And yet he favors altering something that’s not only fundamental to his field but historical.

This is cultlike behavior; there’s no other way to put it. He’s obviously a loving father, but in his desire to support his daughter, he’s undergone a personality change. That’s not being a supportive dad; that’s being brainwashed.

Jillette’s podcast, titled Sunday School to mock Christians, has ironically become an actual pulpit, a place where he can preach tranny theology and flagellate himself as a sinner. “Our dinner table conversation is I would say at least one-quarter correcting pronouns,” Jillette revealed on a recent episode, castigating himself for still occasionally calling Moxie “she.” When his cohost responded, “Well, at least it sounds like your children respect the effort,” Jillette, reproaching himself for his failures, bitterly replied, “Maybe I should just do it $#@!in’ right.”

Jillette also apologized for having trouble with the proper pronouns for Moxie’s friends, who “have they, him, her, and it and some of them change day by day.” That’s a startling admission (though Jillette’s too blind to understand why): How committed to the bit are these kids if they “change day by day”? It’s one thing to claim that a girl suddenly discovers the boy living within. That’s nutty enough. But changing “day by day” suggests unseriousness.

Yet Jillette supports authoritarian politicians who want to remake society based purely on the “day by day” whims of children.

It’s instructive to recall that six years ago I interviewed a trans activist I’d known since childhood, and I reminded her about a dear mutual friend who was almost raped in the girls’ bathroom at our school. The rape was interrupted by a teacher who saw the rapist enter and ran over to enforce the school’s “no boys in the girls’ room” policy. With boys now welcome in whatever bathroom they “identify” with, I asked the activist, “What’s going to stop assaults like the one our friend endured?”

Her response? “It’s not like suddenly a child is going to school all boy, masculine, maybe even in sports, and then comes to school in a dress declaring they are now a girl. When a child is trans, they know from the get-go. These are not just any boys who declare, ‘I’m a girl now!’”

I knew that answer was bull$#@!, and Jillette inadvertently confirms that with his “day by day” observation.

On another podcast episode, Jillette condemned Moxie’s grandma for “$#@!ing up the pronouns,” and he called himself “stupid as soil samples” for committing similar infractions.

Tell me that’s not cultish. Cults are all about making you condemn yourself (for your old sinful ways), your family, and your profession. Cults are about forcing renunciation and rebirth. It’s what authors Flo Conway and Jim Siegelman call “snapping.”

Here’s an example of the extent to which Jillette has “snapped”:

In 2014, he was called out by a Muslim journalist for trolling the musician formerly known as Cat Stevens on Twitter, purposely using his “dead name” and not his Muslim name (Yusuf Islam). I’m no fan of Muslims, but to be fair the guy’s been Yusuf Islam since 1977, and Cat Stevens was a stage name anyway.

“Would be nice if you called him by the name he wants to be called,” journalist Shakeel Hashim tweeted to Jillette.

“I think it’s funny to use that name. I do not respect this decision in any way,” Jillette replied.

Jillette basically said, “I do not respect this person’s choice to change his name and identity. In fact, I find it funny.”

But that was back when Jillette was a “skeptic.” Before the cult got him. Indeed, I’d argue that the tranny cult is worse than any religious cult, because it lacks the concept of a loving God. There’s no hope of redemption; only the promise of more haranguing and correction.

As Conway and Siegelman point out, most people “snap” because an emotional weakness is exploited, or because something happens in their life that “disrupts continuity.” The tranny cult got to Jillette through his child, through his obvious love for her, and through the continuity break that occurred when the girl he raised declared she’s not a girl. That’s how they hooked an otherwise intelligent 66-year-old man. But the cult demands more than that he just accept and love his daughter; he needs to cleanse himself of disbelief, and he needs to back politicians who strive to cleanse us.

Many on the right tend to think that the tranny cult targets kids in order to estrange them from their families. And in many cases, that’s true. But as the Jillette example starkly illustrates, hooking the kids can be an effective way to hook the parents. Brainwashing can flow upstream. A loving parent (like Jillette) accepts pseudoscience (a person can think themselves into changing their biological sex). In accepting this as truth, it logically follows that those who disagree—those who see childish fad and body dysmorphia, not “assigned sex vs. willed sex”—are harmful to “trans” children. So they must be stopped.

And that’s how you pull off the magic trick of turning a cynical libertarian into a woke social justice true believer who supports politicians who use all manner of force and coercion in the name of enforcing tranny dogma.

Several weeks ago in a Twitter thread discussing my column (and hey, follow me on Twitter before I get banned!), I was reminded that in Psychopathology of Everyday Life, Freud observed that social pressure to avoid saying something can lead to people no longer thinking the thing they’re not supposed to say. In other words, the mind conforms to the boundaries. We simply stop thinking things we know we can’t speak aloud.

The self-washing brain.

Parents seeking to patronize a child immersed in tranny faddism will soon stop thinking what they’re not allowed to say. Privately harbored skepticism will vanish the longer it isn’t allowed to be verbalized. And soon enough, you have converts. Old knowledge of gender reality is lost, replaced by the cult’s redefinition.

On Fool Us, Penn & Teller award a trophy to any magician who can fool them.

Penn deserves the biggest trophy of all…the dude literally fooled himself.

An impressive achievement, and one that certainly excites those who wish to remake America…just as it depresses the remaining anti-cult holdouts who still cling to the term “rationalist” like it means something.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them.

O, my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
    - Isaiah 3:11 KJV
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

So...he went from atheist to satanist? (Excuse me "spiritualist?") Well...I'm not surprised. There are only two sides in the great controversy. Christ and Satan. And as time winds down people will be forced to choose one side or the other.

Revelation 13:3

And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.

If you ain't following God, you're going to ultimately follow satan.

And spiritualism and "lying signs and wonders" being performed by "magicians" is a sign of the end.

Revelation 16:13-14
    13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

Someone who's used his magic to debunk magic will be the perfect person to say "But this time it's real folks!"

And then check out verse 15.

15 “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

Look how the looney left has co-opted the term "woke" when God tells us to stay awake to avoid the deceptions of Satan.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Penn Jillette can take his own advice.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

only liked him for fk u frank...bye
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Question: In your mind, what form will the "Mark of the Beast" take?

Not a "gotcha", this is, one of many, points of bitter contention between Mrs. AF and myself.

Just curious what you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So...he went from atheist to satanist? (Excuse me "spiritualist?") Well...I'm not surprised. There are only two sides in the great controversy. Christ and Satan. And as time winds down people will be forced to choose one side or the other.

Revelation 13:3

And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.

If you ain't following God, you're going to ultimately follow satan.

And spiritualism and "lying signs and wonders" being performed by "magicians" is a sign of the end.

Revelation 16:13-14
    13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

Someone who's used his magic to debunk magic will be the perfect person to say "But this time it's real folks!"

And then check out verse 15.

15 “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

Look how the looney left has co-opted the term "woke" when God tells us to stay awake to avoid the deceptions of Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Question: In your mind, what form will the "Mark of the Beast" take?

Not a "gotcha", this is, one of many, points of bitter contention between Mrs. AF and myself.

Just curious what you thought.
    Good question! In Revelation you have the mark of the beast and the seal of God. Both have to do with worship. The mark is described in Revelation 13.

15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

Verse 15 makes it clear that the beast wants to force everyone to worship it. The mark, therefore, is a sign of who is and is not worshipping the beast.

Revelation 7:3 mentions that the last plagues are supposed to be held back until God's sevants are sealed in their foreheads.

Revelation 14:1 mentions the 144,000 have the seal of God in their forheads.

Then you get to the three angels messages. Revelation 14:6-7 commands to fear God and worship Him as creator because the hour of His judgment is come. Revelation 14:8 declares Babylon is fallen. (Later in chapter 18 God's people ar called to come out of Babylon). Revelation 14:9-11 says that if you receive the mark of the beast in your forehead or hand, you are damned. Note that Revelation 14:12 says that the saints are those who have the faith of Jesus and keep the commandments of God.

You can only have the seal of God in your forehead, which is a sign that your mind is dedicated to God. You can have the mark of the beast in your forehead, which is a sign that you actually buy satan's crap and follow him, or you can have it in your hand. The hand is a sign of works. Meaning you can work your way into hell. You can do the works of satan even if you don't believe his crap. You might do that to be able to "buy or sell" or to avoid being killed. Think of WW 2 where you had nazis that were true believers and nazis that were just following orders.

We know from Daniel 7 that beasts represent world powers. So two great world powers will force everyone to worship as they see fit. I don't think what's happened with COVID is the mark of the beast per se, but it certainly sets things up for it. Note that in Kentucky last year, state troopers were writing down license plates to see who was violating the church shut down order. That's a clear violation of first amendment freedom to worship.

This is what Ellen White wrote over 100 years ago.

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation [the United States] will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near.

Can anybody deny that this is coming true? At the very least, the part in bold is coming true.

Anyway, that's a long answer to a short question. What form will the enforcement of the mark of the beast take? Of that I'm not sure. But I am sure that satan seeks to use the power of the state to pevert and control religion. There will be some mechanism (chip? card? cell phone?) to make sure that only the religion that fits his approval is allowed to be practiced. Already in some countries it is difficult for pastors to preach from Romans 1 for example. (Though when you take Romans 1 in conjunction with Romans 2 it's clear that while Romans 1 condemns the perversion of the heathens, it turns around and calls out the believers to not judge because they are just as bad.) Health freedom is under attack worldwide. And religious exemptions to vaccine mandates are being attacked. Things are wrapping up. At least it looks that way. Then again, things looked this bad in Hitler's Germany. There may be another reprieve.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

lol preferred pronouns.

God I wish George Carlin were alive to make fun of this $#@!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    lol preferred pronouns.

True. But Dave Chappelle is holding it down pretty strong.

Thread split for the side conversation.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...k-of-the-Beast

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    lol preferred pronouns.

I wish George Carlin was still alive so he can make fun of all the nonsense around COVID.

Last edited by Anti Globalist; 10-24-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Some liberty circles, we'll say, have called out what's arguably one of the largest issues within American libertarianism right now in having an atheist problem.
    I tend to agree. Libertarians basically end up becoming directionless over the long haul because while, let's say half may be religious of some sort, the other half aren't. This leads to interesting situations where half don't feel they're governed by anything beyond man while the other half believes rights are ordained from God [a god, gods, etc.].

We end up getting Penn Jillette's who talk the talk, but end up not walking the walk. I can also personally attest to some local libertarians I had the "pleasure" in meeting who don't want any religion anywhere, only SCIENCE, and think libertarianism is just letting people do what they want when they want.

When you have such a shallow understanding of how basically everything works, you get these Penn Jillette types who flake out and libertarians end up back to square one.

Quite frankly, I'm learning more and more that libertarians, who I've been proud to be a part of since 2011, are a bunch of dorks who can't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to come up with a reasonable strategy so they end up chasing their own tail and circle jerking about principles.

Man, I might need to make that last bit a part of my signature.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Some liberty circles, we'll say, have called out what's arguably one of the largest issues within American libertarianism right now in having an atheist problem.
    I tend to agree. Libertarians basically end up becoming directionless over the long haul because while, let's say half may be religious of some sort, the other half aren't. This leads to interesting situations where half don't feel they're governed by anything beyond man while the other half believes rights are ordained from God [a god, gods, etc.].

We end up getting Penn Jillette's who talk the talk, but end up not walking the walk. I can also personally attest to some local libertarians I had the "pleasure" in meeting who don't want any religion anywhere, only SCIENCE, and think libertarianism is just letting people do what they want when they want.

When you have such a shallow understanding of how basically everything works, you get these Penn Jillette types who flake out and libertarians end up back to square one.

Quite frankly, I'm learning more and more that libertarians, who I've been proud to be a part of since 2011, are a bunch of dorks who can't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to come up with a reasonable strategy so they end up chasing their own tail and circle jerking about principles.

Man, I might need to make that last bit a part of my signature.
    Your observation appears to be trending in a direction my thoughts have been preoccupied with for some time. Libertarianism is a poor binding agent for people in the absence of other factors. Ideally, one would have a Libertarian society structured around people sharing a common culture (alternatively: a set of common morals and values) that is positive and conducive to the development of Renaissance men (probably the most actualized kind of man possible, or at least a worthwhile goal for cultures to strive to produce). Functionally, this would be a reflection of John Adams', "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people."

I am an (agnostic) atheist for theological reasons, but I would pick up the cross in defense of Christianity over anything else. It is a sort of internalized hypocrisy, but also an admission that it is more of a force for good than anything else within this country as far as ideologies go (except some of the modern incarnations of Christianity that are utterly spineless due to the abdication of principles). One can certainly create a healthy and productive Libertarian society with Christianity as the binding agent for its people. I do not think a Libertarian society promulgated by atheists would accomplish much other than some kind of dystopia.

Culture is seriously important. Western civilization was spawned with Christianity being the backdrop to the Renaissance and Enlightenment Age. That is a position from which individuals can have liberty and positively affect the world. Unfortunately, at some point the West became overly fascinated with the concept that every other human on this Earth shares their proclivities. When idealism is stretched beyond the boundaries of practicality, tragedy emerges. The current United States of America is testament to that reality.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 10-24-2021 at 09:47 PM.

It has become very apparent that atheism doesn't work. Just leaves a massive vacuum in people for statism to take over. If you asked me two years ago, Penn would have been one of the last celebrities that I would have picked to be a statist disciple, yet here we are. It seems that humans need that dogma. I can't think of an atheist that hasn't fully converted to full blown worship of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Your observation appears to be trending in a direction my thoughts have been preoccupied with for some time. Libertarianism is a poor binding agent for people in the absence of other factors. Ideally, one would have a Libertarian society structured around people sharing a common culture (alternatively: a set of common morals and values) that is positive and conducive to the development of Renaissance men (probably the most actualized kind of man possible, or at least a worthwhile goal for cultures to strive to produce). Functionally, this would be a reflection of John Adams', "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people."

I am an (agnostic) atheist for theological reasons, but I would pick up the cross in defense of Christianity over anything else. It is a sort of internalized hypocrisy, but also an admission that it is more of a force for good than anything else within this country as far as ideologies go (except some of the modern incarnations of Christianity that are utterly spineless due to the abdication of principles). One can certainly create a healthy and productive Libertarian society with Christianity as the binding agent for its people. I do not think a Libertarian society promulgated by atheists would accomplish much other than some kind of dystopia.

Culture is seriously important. Western civilization was spawned with Christianity being the backdrop to the Renaissance and Enlightenment Age. That is a position from which individuals can have liberty and positively affect the world. Unfortunately, at some point the West became overly fascinated with the concept that every other human on this Earth shares their proclivities. When idealism is stretched beyond the boundaries of practicality, tragedy emerges. The current United States of America is testament to that reality.
    +rep

Liberty for the simple sake of liberty does not create a strong liberty minded individual, in my own opinion. It doesn't mean one has to be religious to be fervent about liberty, but I think having as you said, some other type of binding agent, creates a stronger cohesion and belief system. As I said originally, we end up seeing flakes like Jillette here who end up succumbing to Statism as one's preferred religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    It has become very apparent that atheism doesn't work. Just leaves a massive vacuum in people for statism to take over. If you asked me two years ago, Penn would have been one of the last celebrities that I would have picked to be a statist disciple, yet here we are. It seems that humans need that dogma. I can't think of an atheist that hasn't fully converted to full blown worship of the state.
    And this is pretty much exactly what I was driving at: if you believe in nothing (not in the nihilist sense here, but the atheist one), you'll likely end up at some point worshiping the State to some degree or another. Why? Because humans are instinctual and tribal. I'd wager based on nothing that I've seen or know (besides what I'll end this with) that it wouldn't be long before a group of atheist libertarians ends up seeing its own fracture because a portion of them end up wanting more gov't. than the others and then before you know it, boom, State worshiping is happening. It's exactly what we are seeing unfold right now in the West: morally depraved atheists or flaky pseudo-religious types are bowing down to the great State as its giver of life and happiness.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Don't forget that he also went vegan several years ago and freely admitted that it changes the way you think.

This is after pretty mercilessly making fun of vegetarians on Bullsh!t.

I talked with a guy who was on that show in the past (it was the one about the Bible) and he was pretty clear that no part of the conversation divulged what was really going on.

The interesting thing about this is that this is atheism's poster boy.

I encourage everyone who hasn't already to look into James Lindsay - he's one of the three university professors who published all the fake leftist papers a few years ago. He's a committed atheist and not a complete douchebag. Of course, I have no dog in the atheism race and every reason to cheer its wounds - but I got turned on to Lindsay after watching a discussion he and Peter Boghassian were having about CRT inflitrating the Southern Baptist Convention. His take on it was something like 'Look, I have every reason to cheer a religious organization getting sabotaged but I'd rather it wasn't by these people'.

There are atheists out there with whom we can work.

https://youtu.be/YDFL3xwEEG8
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Fairly typical. Ideologues enjoy flapping their gums until it affects them personally. This happens regardless of what they prattle on about.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    [...] just another pseudo libertarian [...]
    https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...51407292919818
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I never really bought Jillette as real libertarian. Generally I assumed that it was just fashionable - like wearing fur to be edgy in Hollywood. I never heard him say anything interesting or compelling, just spouting slogans and not really knowing what he was talking about.

I met him many years back and can confirm he is a fake and an $#@! directly. I asked him how can he call himself a libertarian considering he does not adhere to NAP. The response was basically that he is full of $#@! and that it is just an act. He then made a point about the anarcho-capitalist aspect of being a libertarian. So basically an economic libertarian without any of the other aspects of libertarianism like adherence to the non-aggression principle.

I found it is typical of people in the public eye to not be the persona they project to the masses publicly. The persona is just another form of marketing themselves as a product, each to reach a specific demographic.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You can spam that two hour vid in two dozen threads. I'm still not going to watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You can spam that two hour vid in two dozen threads. I'm still not going to watch it.
    At least give me a timestamp of something new or interesting.

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a turd out of my ass.

Not going to watch.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Hey Rocky, watch me pull a turd out of my ass.

Not going to watch.
    Agreed.

That said, I'll watch Ray Teller shut up and make that magic any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I remember him commenting on what Trump was like but in that interview nothing about Trumps policies. He backed Hillary, Yang, and Biden. Nothing more than a Hollywood sellout.