Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruz, Rand, and Lee all vote against Ryan budget and Stabenow amendment in budget debate

Cruz, Rand, and Lee all vote against Ryan budget and Stabenow amendment in budget debate

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00048

First was Stabenow's amendment to establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund to protect Medicare's guaranteed benefits and to prohibit replacing guaranteed benefits with the House passed budget plan to turn Medicare into a voucher program. This was approved 96-3 (how did more Republicans not vote against this????!!!)

This was the Ryan budget vote. I'm assuming Heller and Collins we're opposed from the left, not the right.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00046

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought Rand liked Ryan's new budget better since it balances in ten years rather than 27? Apparently he doesn't like it enough to vote for it.

I think he said on Cavuto it was better but not good enough! Good to see Cruz and Lee with Rand.

It's surprising that Lee voted against it since he voted in favor of Ryan's previous budget that balanced in 27 years.

It's time the senate as a whole begins voting on conviction rather then what the party bosses are telling them. Their party bosses are being exposed and history will remember them.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Exit DeMint, enter Cruz.
    I still can't overlook Cruz's support for war and Rick Perry. Those are disgusting moves.

Voting for this isn't horrible, only because it's much better than 27 years, but voting against it is even better.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I still can't overlook Cruz's support for war and Rick Perry. Those are disgusting moves.
    What war has Cruz voted for?

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    Voting for this isn't horrible, only because it's much better than 27 years, but voting against it is even better.
    Yeah I wouldn't condemn anybody for it for sure.

The recent tax increases are the only reason Ryan's budget now balances in ten years. He does not eliminate any departments and his budget still does nothing to really shrink the size of government.

Exit DeMint, enter Cruz.
    Yep. The three musketeers.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

We need to give these guys some reinforcements. Lee Bright anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    We need to give these guys some reinforcements. Lee Bright anyone?
    Yep, along with Brannon and Broun, and hopefully Amash, Miller, and whoever runs in Iowa.

they voted against Repealing Obamacare...

Get a grip

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Disappointed in Tim Scott.

Also Rubio voted for Ryan's budget, so he's on record supporting 3.4% increase every year in government spending.

So much for being a conservative!

Brent Bozell at CPAC said that budget was a joke and should be ripped up.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Also Rubio voted for Ryan's budget, so he's on record supporting 3.4% increase every year in government spending.

So much for being a conservative!

Brent Bozell at CPAC said that budget was a joke and should be ripped up.
    The budget repealed Obamacare, so it certainly wasn't a terrible budget. I wouldn't have blamed Rand, Lee, and Cruz if they had voted "yes."

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    The budget repealed Obamacare, so it certainly wasn't a terrible budget. I wouldn't have blamed Rand, Lee, and Cruz if they had voted "yes."
    Are you nuts? it spends 3.4% more every year and grows government by trillions.

Anyone in their right mind would vote against it.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Are you nuts? it spends 3.4% more every year and grows government by trillions.

Anyone in their right mind would vote against it.
    And yet if you listen to the media you'll hear that it's a "radical budget" that slashes spending, makes draconian cuts to the social safety net, and ends Medicare. It's gotten to the point where anyone who wants to balance the budget in five years is an anarchist.

Yep, along with Brannon and Broun, and hopefully Amash, Miller, and whoever runs in Iowa.
    I dreamt yesterday that Amash won MI Senate seat in 2014, Brannon won NC, Broun won GA, and Davis/Bright won SC. This is what I see in my dreams now. I need to lay off politics for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00048

First was Stabenow's amendment to establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund to protect Medicare's guaranteed benefits and to prohibit replacing guaranteed benefits with the House passed budget plan to turn Medicare into a voucher program. This was approved 96-3 (how did more Republicans not vote against this????!!!)

This was the Ryan budget vote. I'm assuming Heller and Collins we're opposed from the left, not the right.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00046
    Heller's relatively conservative, and had some Tea Party support back in 2011.
    Last edited by compromise; 03-23-2013 at 03:51 AM.

I'm hoping it's Drew Ivers, because I think Spiker and Fischer have important roles already leading the state Republican Party.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    Get a grip
    On what?

On what?
    attacking cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    attacking cruz
    Cruz, his supporters, and the "Liberty movement" (I use that term loosely) need to know there are patriots in this country that will not stand for militarism.

Cruz, his supporters, and the "Liberty movement" (I use that term loosely) need to know there are patriots in this country that will not stand for militarism.
    Ever? So it's immoral for our country to ever use military action under any circumstances?

Ever? So it's immoral for our country to ever use military action under any circumstances?
    No. Not in the defense of our nation in a declared war by congress.

But if you are a Christian, as Ted Cruz purports to be, then you must go even farther. Not only must you not be in favor of militarism, but you must denounce illegal wars and immoral murders with all of your being. If you are a Christian, you must denounce our current policy

So not standing for militarism means that you believe it's always immoral to use military action? Let's not go full straw man here.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast