Thread: Tucker holds Ted Cruz's feet to the fire over his 1/6 comments

Tucker holds Ted Cruz's feet to the fire over his 1/6 comments

It is about time someone called him out for calling 1/6 a violent terrorist attack. Cruz thought he could get away with spinning his comments into violence against police officers but to Tucker's credit he pinned him down on his comments. Cruz continued to spin his comments thinking we are $#@!ing morons, Tucker continued to pin him down. Cruz tries for a third time to spin it, lol at Tuckers facial reaction.

I do not know what it is with this clown. He gets away with his hypocritical hyperbole bull$#@! for years and no one on the right ever calls him out on it. So this was satisfying.
    Last edited by kahless; 01-07-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It is about time someone called him out for calling 1/6 a violent terrorist attack. Cruz thought he could get away with spinning his comments into violence against police officers but to Tucker's credit he pinned him down on his comments. Cruz continued to spin his comments thinking we are $#@!ing morons, Tucker continued to pin him down. Cruz tries for a third time to spin it, lol at Tuckers facial reaction.

I do not know what it is with this clown. He gets away with his hypocritical hyperbole bull$#@! for years and no one on the right ever calls him out on it. So this was satisfying.
    I'd like to bitch slap Cruz.

Ted Cruz has always been a slimeball and opportunist. The man in general is very cringe worthy and he's always been more of a talker than a doer.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Indeed, He Has

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Ted Cruz has always been a slimeball and opportunist. The man in general is very cringe worthy and he's always been more of a talker than a doer.
    Yes, that's very true. I saw that in the clearest way back during the 2016 GOP Primaries.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Cruz falling off should make it more exciting for Rand to run again, since they were splitting the conservative/independent/libertarian vote.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

I saw this in "real time"....it was a thing to behold.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I couldn't believe it when Cruz said it. Sounded like the old bag Pelosi. WTF was he thinking??? Tucker made him look like an idiot.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Considering that the Supreme Court is seriously considering right now whether or not the constitution allows for forcing people to take a medical procedure,

being called a terrorist is a badge of pride,

and those who use that word, traitors....

and the "capitol police" who got oh so severely bruised with their cuts and scrapes, I have no sympathy, for defending such an institution...
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can anybody find a clip of Cruz calling a random cop attacker a "terrorist"?

I don't recall any...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    and the "capitol police" who got oh so severely bruised with their cuts and scrapes, I have no sympathy, for defending such an institution...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-07-2022 at 05:49 AM.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Tucker should have asked Cruz if he thought Capitol Police Officer Byrd was a hero for shooting unarmed Ashli Babbitt with no warning?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

So the same guy who said we should see if we can make sand glow in the dark by carpet-bombing the Middle East has a bad take on what terrorism is? Gee, whooda thunk it?

(h/t Reed Coverdale)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-07-2022 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I couldn't believe it when Cruz said it. Sounded like the old bag Pelosi. WTF was he thinking??? Tucker made him look like an idiot.
    Oh, I could believe it. I'm just glad that slimy opportunist showed his true colors before other patriots fell for his game again.

Cruz has a fairly decent voting record, but it's only because he knows what plays politically in Texas - not because he has any principles. He's been doing that for years, but hopefully it's obvious now.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Tucker should have asked Cruz if he thought Capitol Police Officer Byrd was a hero for shooting unarmed Ashli Babbitt with no warning?
    +outta rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So the same guy who said we should see if we can make sand glow in the dark by carpet-bombing the Middle East has a bad take on what terrorism is? Gee, whooda thunk it?

(h/t Reed Coverdale)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cruz wasn't wrong. What those idiots did does meet the definition of a terrorist attack. I'm more pissed at the democrats who are comparing a few brainwashed trumpkins to Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Cruz wasn't wrong. What those idiots did does meet the definition of a terrorist attack. I'm more pissed at the democrats who are comparing a few brainwashed trumpkins to Pearl Harbor and 9/11.
    terrorist attack? really? I understand you don't like trumpkins, but you need to find a more accurate dictionary.
    - Kim Kardashian

It isn't as if the people didn't try to handle it in a more civilized manner. The courts could have actually made, at least a token effort, to hear the cases of fraud, and I doubt Jan 6 would have happened. Not one court would hear anything. Not one bone was thrown. At worst, it would have wasted the court's time and made an even bigger embarrassment of the Trumpkins you disdain. At best, it might have prevented people from storming the capitol.

Not excusing it, but there isn't really much recourse when the system fails you like that.

In any case, Cruz's 2024 Battleship just got sunk, and it should reduce clutter in the primaries.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-07-2022 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    terrorist attack? really? I understand you don't like trumpkins, but you need to find a more accurate dictionary.
    I think the BLM riots should be called terrorist attacks as well. Similar incidets breaking windows, trespassing, looting.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    It isn't as if the people didn't try to handle it in a more civilized manner. The courts could have actually made, at least a token effort, to hear the cases of fraud, and I doubt Jan 6 would have happened. Not one court would hear anything. Not one bone was thrown. At worst, it would have wasted the court's time and made an even bigger embarrassment of the Trumpkins you disdain. At best, it might have prevented people from storming the capitol.

Not excusing it, but there isn't really much recourse when the system fails you like that.

In any case, Cruz's 2024 Battleship just got sunk, and it should reduce clutter in the primaries.
    I don't think Cruz will ever be potus. If he did, I'm ok with it. He isn't my first choice, but I actually voted for him in the primary after Rand dropped out. I think DeSeantis caould easily win the whole thing unless the idiots nominate Trump again.

I think the BLM riots should be called terrorist attacks as well. Similar incidets breaking windows, trespassing, looting.
    Yea there's a word for that, it's called a riot.

If you want to call Jan 6 a riot... I would not disagree.

You seem to however be on board with calling anything a "terrorist" attack...

you may as well redefine man to woman or vice versa while you're at it.... until then, words still have meaning...
    - Kim Kardashian

Ted Cruz Repeatedly Described Jan. 6 Protesters as ‘Terrorists’ Before Claiming ‘Sloppy Phrasing’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-6-protesters/

CHARLIE SPIERING7 Jan 2022965
    2:50
    Sen. Ted Cruz admitted Thursday it was a mistake to describe January 6 protesters as “terrorists,” after using the word multiple times to describe the violence on Capitol Hill.

Cruz spoke with Fox News host Tucker Carlson to admit his “mistake” and “sloppy phrasing” during an exchange with Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger during a Senate Rules Committee oversight hearing.

“We are approaching a solemn anniversary this week. And it is an anniversary of a violent terrorist attack on the Capitol, where we saw the men and women of law enforcement demonstrate incredible courage, incredible bravery, risk their lives for the Capitol,” Cruz said on Wednesday.

Cruz’s comment sparked outrage from supporters of former President Donald Trump, accusing the senator of teaming up with Democrat leftists to smear Republicans.

Cruz told Carlson that for decades he referred to protesters who attacked police officers as terrorists, including Antifa and BLM rioters who “assaulted cops and firebombed police cars.”

But Cruz also used the word on multiple occasions to describe the January 6 violent protests.

Just days after the 2021 protests, Cruz said, “We saw a terrorist attack on the United States Capitol. It was despicable. It was an assault on the citadel of democracy” in a statement to Texas media.

In a May statement, Cruz referred to the event as “the January 6 terrorist attack on the Capitol.”

Cruz also described the January 6 protests as a “terrorist attack” in his personal podcast on January 25.

In his February statement to acquit Donald Trump on article of impeachment, Cruz noted he believed the violent protests were a “despicable terrorist attack.”

“As I’ve said repeatedly, what we saw on January 6 was a despicable terrorist attack on the United States Capitol and those who carried it out should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” he wrote.

He even used the word “terrorist” to describe protesters who entered the floor of the Senate and House chambers, not just the protesters who attacked police officers.

Recalling the events of the day, Cruz said:

We’re horrified as we see terrorists assaulting police officers, tragically murdering a police officer. We see a violent assault on the capitol we see terrorists breaking onto the floor of the Senate chamber and the floor of the House. And all of us are horrified by what we’re watching.

Cruz acknowledged his error in an interview with Carlson on Thursday after the Fox News host criticized the Texas senator on his Wednesday show.

“I agree, it was a mistake to use the word yesterday,” he said. “Because the Democrats and the corporate media have so politicized it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ted Cruz Repeatedly Described Jan. 6 Protesters as ‘Terrorists’ Before Claiming ‘Sloppy Phrasing’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-6-protesters/

CHARLIE SPIERING7 Jan 2022965
    2:50
    Sen. Ted Cruz admitted Thursday it was a mistake to describe January 6 protesters as “terrorists,” after using the word multiple times to describe the violence on Capitol Hill.

Cruz spoke with Fox News host Tucker Carlson to admit his “mistake” and “sloppy phrasing” during an exchange with Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger during a Senate Rules Committee oversight hearing.

“We are approaching a solemn anniversary this week. And it is an anniversary of a violent terrorist attack on the Capitol, where we saw the men and women of law enforcement demonstrate incredible courage, incredible bravery, risk their lives for the Capitol,” Cruz said on Wednesday.

Even if his regrets were honest about using the word "terrorist", he still referred to the anniversary as "solemn" and by that he certainly wasn't referring to the death of Ashli Babbitt.

What the $#@! is so solemn about $#@!ting on Nancy Pelosi's desk?
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    “I agree, it was a mistake to use the word yesterday,” he said. “Because the Democrats and the corporate media have so politicized it.”
    IOW: It used to be terrorism until "the Democrats and the corporate media [...] politicized it", at which point it stopped having been terrorism.

Whatever one thinks of what happened, Ted Cruz is a mealy-mouthed coward.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think DeSeantis caould easily win the whole thing unless the idiots nominate Trump again.
    On that we agree but I don't think he's gonna leave the governorship to run for president.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

(h/t Reed Coverdale)
    IOW: It used to be terrorism until "the Democrats and the corporate media [...] politicized it", at which point it stopped having been terrorism.

Whatever one thinks of what happened, Ted Cruz is a mealy-mouthed coward.
    https://twitter.com/Reed_Coverdale/s...71677369741314