Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there ever be a wall on US southern border ?

Will there ever be a wall on US southern border ?

Yes or no ?
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

There already is about 600 miles of it starting at the California coast. http://www.fairus.org/issue/the-curr...e-border-fence

As of May 2015, DHS had installed:

353 miles of Primary Pedestrian Fencing.
    36 miles of Secondary Fencing.
    14 miles of Tertiary Pedestrian Fencing.
    300 miles of Vehicle Fencing.
    Now if you mean a solid wall running the entire length of our Southern border- no, such a structure will never be built. There are problems with things like rivers and mountains.

I think , NO .
    Do something Danke

Couldn't get those damn lazy Injuns to build us a railroad, maybe if we import some more Chinese we can get it built.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Since there is not going to be one , should the Peso be higher ?
    Do something Danke

All in all
    You're just another brick in The Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Couldn't get those damn lazy Injuns to build us a railroad, maybe if we import some more Chinese we can get it built.
    I am not laying track for the iron horse , but that chinese water snake oil is good for the old aches and pains from old wounds . White Eye snake oil is worthless .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pesos are too risky of an investment for me , but Danke may be interested . My Pesos are older and all silver & gold .
    Do something Danke

I ( Oracle of the Wabash )will also predict there will not be a wall on the northern border .
    Do something Danke

Yes, but it will be built by a democrat.

There will be no wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

There will be a wall of Trump memes on teh webbernets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Only if it's to keep us all in.

Quote Originally Posted by inthehall View Post
    As soon as there are masses of Americans leaving the country, they will find the funds overnight to build and wall and have it constructed in three months.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Mulvanny explained this yesterday.

it will be a steel wall, and will take several years to finish..

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think there might be, and I think Mexico might pay for it. Here's why:

Illegals in the US wire money back to Mexico at astounding rates. If they give up their American jobs and go back to Mexico, the Mexican economy would collapse. ($26 billion estimate in 2016)

Some of Mexico's worst criminals live here. Mexico has its hands full with drug cartels, etc. They really do not want those people coming back to Mexico.

Mexico has a vested interest in keeping Mexican citizens in the US, so they might build a wall simply in its own self interests.
    Last edited by euphemia; 05-03-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Of course there will be a wall silly billy......but not for long

Now about a solar wall?

http://www.havasunews.com/news/havas...b621bdcf1.html

Havasu inventor details unique border wall proposal, which includes solar panels
    By BRANDON MESSICK - May 1, 2017

When Donald Trump ran for president, his supporters rallied behind the concept of a wall between the U.S. and Mexico – one paid for by our neighbors to the South. Although that seems unlikely, one Havasu man has a better idea: The wall will pay for itself.

Inventor and business owner Lynwood Farr, is working on a new concept for a border incorporating solar technology. Initial designs under Farr’s company, Advanced Warning Systems LLC, comprise three projects to improve security along the U.S. border.

The first of these projects would be a $10 billion “Evergreen Border Protection Wall.” According to Farr, the wall would be a virtually impenetrable barrier to undocumented immigrants, while increasing the United States’ renewable energy reserves.

“This project is different because instead of costing us money, the revenue would be coming back,” Farr said. “We’ve researched this: If this wall is built, it would be the biggest renewable energy project in the world.”

Farr invented the wall’s design, which would consist of 22-foot-tall, 25-foot wide sections. Each section would be composed of 15 solar panels, mounted in aluminum and steel frames and anchored in a 60-inch solid concrete foundation. The structure of the wall would be a minimum of 100 feet away from the actual U.S. border, according to preliminary designs. The panels are engineered in such a way as to allow border agents to find any section of the wall where a potential malfunction – or even sabotage – has occurred.

According to initial designs, the wall would include mounted video cameras, and each section of the wall would be equipped with weight and pressure sensor alarms: If someone were to attempt climbing the wall, border agencies would know almost immediately. Likewise, the 60-inch concrete foundation would prevent tunneling beneath the wall, with underground electronic sensors to detect any efforts to do so.

Research by AWS shows the wall could provide an estimated annual $300 million to $400 million to the border’s energy infrastructure. That energy would be a constant source of power for cameras, lights, sensors and high-grade surveillance equipment 24 hours a day, every day, AWS representatives said. Surplus power will be remitted to cities, towns, farms, ranches and border protection stations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

No, nor should there be.

Quote Originally Posted by inthehall View Post
    This^^^

... otherwise not likely.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There already is about 600 miles of it starting at the California coast. http://www.fairus.org/issue/the-curr...e-border-fence

Now if you mean a solid wall running the entire length of our Southern border- no, such a structure will never be built. There are problems with things like rivers and mountains.
    I meant america , not california . We have written you guys off and are currently using a flag with 49 stars here.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Mulvanny explained this yesterday.

it will be a steel wall, and will take several years to finish..
    Did he have pictures and graphs ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I meant america , not california . We have written you guys off and are currently using a flag with 49 stars here.
    It does run into Texas.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It does run into Texas.
    Yes , actually , seems like I remember seeing some wall here and there in Texas ?
    Do something Danke

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Too early tell, but I don't see Ryan and the Turtle ever relenting. Corporatist GOP doesn't want a wall since it will send the wrong message. American mundanes are morally obligated to pay for Juan and his five children, so they can grow up to mow the lawns of the obscenely rich.
    Last edited by AuH20; 05-03-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Too early tell, but I don't see Ryan and the Turtle ever relenting. Corporatist GOP doesn't want a wall since it will send the wrong message. American mundanes are morally obligated to pay for Juan and his five children, so they can grow up to mow the lawns of the obscenely rich.
    Once a person, any person, is on the government dole, there isn't a whole lot of motivation to mow lawns. Thus the need for a constant supply of new workers.

As a general rule, man strives to avoid labor. Love for work is not at all an inborn characteristic: it is created by economic pressure and social education. One may even say that man is a fairly lazy animal.

- Trotsky
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Once a person, any person, is on the government dole, there isn't a whole lot of motivation to mow lawns. Thus the need for a constant supply of new workers.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ATION-ARGUMENT

God forbid anyone mow their own lawn or clean their own toilet.

But that's not the only reason. Another is that the elite left wants a bigger constituency...

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-03-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    God forbid anyone mow their own lawn or clean their own toilet.

But that's not the only reason. Another is that the elite left wants a bigger constituency...

I will never forget the " Is you or is you not my constituents " . That $#@! was funny .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast