Thread: Californians who register to vote would be required to cast ballots under new bill

Californians who register to vote would be required to cast ballots under new bill

Following a series of sweeping expansions to expand access to voting in recent years, a California lawmaker is pushing to require voters to cast a ballot in future elections. The proposal, introduced in the state Assembly on Tuesday, would be unprecedented and probably challenged in court should it ultimately become law. It would place the burden for determining the civil penalty and the ultimate punishment on the secretary of state, California’s chief elections officer.
    “Democracy is not a spectator sport — it requires the active participation of all its citizens,” the bill’s author, Assemblyman Marc Levine (D-San Rafael), said in a written statement. “California is a national leader on expanding voting rights to its citizens. Those rights come with a responsibility by registered voters to cast their ballot and make sure that their voice is heard by their government.”

(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...

They want more uninformed voters.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1-Illegal aliens can get licenses
    2-Pass law allowing illegal aliens the ability to vote
    3-during licensing, register illegal alien to vote
    4-Require everyone to vote
    5-Dems ensure themselves a communist state forever
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If I recall correctly, this was also the law in the old Soviet Union and is currently law in North Korea.

You were/are mandated to vote...of course, just like Kalifornia, there was/is only one party to vote for.

Democrazy.

In before @Zippyjuan tells me I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-06-2020 at 01:25 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

#gotDURESS?

NOW THIS IS MANUFACTURING CONSENT
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

That's why democrats want open borders.

We need to have a paper ballot like the lottery so all numbers match the voters vote. It needs to be published so people can verify it! In order to get this ballot you must prove you're a citizen by showing your birth certificate.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Voting is the sacred honor and duty of every American.

Whether they like it or not
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Mandatory voting for illegals? That's not going to go well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.