Thread: Facebook Announces It Will Use A.I. To Scan Your Thoughts "To Enhance User Safety"

Facebook Announces It Will Use A.I. To Scan Your Thoughts "To Enhance User Safety"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...ce-user-safety

A mere few years ago the idea that artificial intelligence (AI) might be used to analyze and report to law enforcement aberrant human behavior on social media and other online platforms was merely the far out premise of dystopian movies such as Minority Report, but now Facebook proudly brags that it will use AI to "save lives" based on behavior and thought pattern recognition.

What could go wrong?

The latest puff piece in Tech Crunch profiling the apparently innocuous sounding "roll out" of AI (as if a mere modest software update) "to detect suicidal posts before they're reported" opens with the glowingly optimistic line, "This is software to save lives" - so who could possibly doubt such a wonderful and benign initiative which involves AI evaluating people's mental health? Tech Crunch's Josh Cronstine begins:

This is software to save lives. Facebook’s new “proactive detection” artificial intelligence technology will scan all posts for patterns of suicidal thoughts, and when necessary send mental health resources to the user at risk or their friends, or contact local first-responders. By using AI to flag worrisome posts to human moderators instead of waiting for user reports, Facebook can decrease how long it takes to send help.

CEO Mark Zuckerberg has long hinted that his team has been wrestling with ways to prevent what appears to be a disturbingly increased trend of live streamed suicides as well as the much larger social problem of online bullying and harassment. One recent example which gained international media attention was a bizarre incident out of Turkey, where a distraught father shot himself on Facebook Live after announcing that his daughter was getting married without his permission. Though the example actually demonstrates the endlessly complex and unforeseen variables involved in human decision making and the human psyche - in this case notions of rigid Middle East cultural taboos and stigma clearly played a part - Tech Crunch holds it up as something which AI could possibly prevent.

Full article on link.

---

Total Behavioral Control

And, as usual, they intentionally lie by exclusion so that they can profit and benefit from what they do. Just like they dont ask "How can we help you to pay your own medical bills" instead of asking "Why are the costs of medical care so high"? They wont ask why a person is suicidal. Why? They dont care. They dont care if a person has become suicidal because of situations in their lives, mostly, situations that have been intentionally caused by the Elite to manufacture dependency on the controllers in every form. All the Elite care is they produce and consume and allow themselves to be a part of the great machine, and dont do anything that would cost us money, like suicide.

"We own you".
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya got trouble, right here in River City.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

The how come They can't figure out I only want pics of the grandchildren in my newsfeed?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

facebook will never be using anything of mine .

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    give them fake information?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    give them fake information?
    They know damn well if it is fake, and do not care. False information you can put on Facebook only belies everything else they do know about you to be factual. It would be as if you took a personality test and purposefully put in a wrong date of birth. The only thing that putting in purposefully wrong information becomes a part of the personality test. Facebook IS a constant psychological profiling website, so if you lie to them, they want you to because that becomes a permanent part of your profile.

Best advice: DO NOT USE FACEBOOK.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

This is software to save lives. Facebook’s new “proactive detection” artificial intelligence technology will scan all posts for patterns of suicidal thoughts, and when necessary [...] contact local first-responders.
    first responders = cops (I thought they said this was supposed to save lives ...)

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Ya got trouble, right here in River City.
    Just to clarify - is that with a capital "T" ... ?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Back to first post:

Its NEVER been about Safety. It has ALWAYS been about "Enhancing Profits".
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...ce-user-safety

Full article on link.

---

Total Behavioral Control

And, as usual, they intentionally lie by exclusion so that they can profit and benefit from what they do. Just like they dont ask "How can we help you to pay your own medical bills" instead of asking "Why are the costs of medical care so high"? They wont ask why a person is suicidal. Why? They dont care. They dont care if a person has become suicidal because of situations in their lives, mostly, situations that have been intentionally caused by the Elite to manufacture dependency on the controllers in every form. All the Elite care is they produce and consume and allow themselves to be a part of the great machine, and dont do anything that would cost us money, like suicide.

"We own you".
    My field is computer engineering. My amateur interests include AI, especially AI based on a field of computability theory that provides an algorithm for general-purpose agency (AIXI).

The average person does not understand AI. Most AI experts do not understand general-purpose AI. On the one hand, I see the damage of exaggerating the dangers of AI. But when it comes to the political uses of AI, I think that people do not realize just how dangerous this is. "Let's bring back eugenics, but this time with AI." "Let's implement Minority Report... but with AI." "Let's ask the AI whether [euthanasia|abortion|gay-marriage|gun-rights] should be allowed/prohibited." On and on.

The other thing that the average person does not understand about AI is how uncannily accurate it can be. This is not to say "the AI can read your mind" but that the AI can sometimes come disturbingly close to guessing your thoughts and creating that impression. Combined with well-known techniques from mind-control/psych research for heightening suggestibility, you could convince large swathes of the public that you have invented "mind-control/mind-reading AI technology." This is like the Wizard of Oz... but with AI.

And then there are robots... and people who want to treat robots as though they are human beings...

*sigh - we're in for one wild ride over the next couple decades...

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    My field is computer engineering. My amateur interests include AI, especially AI based on a field of computability theory that provides an algorithm for general-purpose agency (AIXI).

The average person does not understand AI. Most AI experts do not understand general-purpose AI. On the one hand, I see the damage of exaggerating the dangers of AI. But when it comes to the political uses of AI, I think that people do not realize just how dangerous this is. "Let's bring back eugenics, but this time with AI." "Let's implement Minority Report... but with AI." "Let's ask the AI whether [euthanasia|abortion|gay-marriage|gun-rights] should be allowed/prohibited." On and on.

The other thing that the average person does not understand about AI is how uncannily accurate it can be. This is not to say "the AI can read your mind" but that the AI can sometimes come disturbingly close to guessing your thoughts and creating that impression. Combined with well-known techniques from mind-control/psych research for heightening suggestibility, you could convince large swathes of the public that you have invented "mind-control/mind-reading AI technology." This is like the Wizard of Oz... but with AI.

And then there are robots... and people who want to treat robots as though they are human beings...

Call me when AI can properly identify spam in my inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post

Outta Rep! Someone cover me please?

---

One way or another, AI is coming. Whether it will have truly free will be at the determination of those who fund the AI. And lets face it, those with money want the same thing they want from us, an AI that is OBEDIENT to their slightest whim, and basically to replace us. We arent creating AI as a form of life or to better understand ourselves, AI is getting built as a more efficient slave. If AI were built with the intent of creating a form of life with its own free will, then those might be considered to be treated as people. Lot of brainwashing, or at least using previous perceptions of AI, like Lt Cmdr Data from Star Trek TNG. However The Terminator franchise is just as much of a legit possibility. It would be nice if AI came along and freed us from the clutches of the money manipulators, but I kinda doubt that will ever happen.
    1776 > 1984