Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Maher vs Milo Yiannopoulos

“When people laugh they know it’s true” says Bill Maher and Milo agrees, at 6:12. Rubbish. Milo is promoting Milo, little else.
    Last edited by robert68; 02-18-2017 at 02:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if I'm not mistaken, he's said he really liked Ron Paul in the past elections.. sad he didn't get more traction.. blames the media, as well he should.
    He said he's somewhat libertarian, is against most gun laws, for property rights, personal rights but he went right off the rails for Trump.
    Last edited by opal; 02-18-2017 at 02:51 PM.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I am sick to death of RPF's disallowing YouTubes at full screen.
    I'm sick to death of RPF having the functionality of an Apple II.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    if I'm not mistaken, he's said he really liked Ron Paul in the past elections.. sad he didn't get more traction.. blames the media, as well he should.
    He said he's somewhat libertarian, is against most gun laws, for property rights, personal rights but he went right off the rails for Trump.
    I know he loves it when cops murder black people. Eats it up.

And, yeah, like you said, off the rails for Trump, the most extreme left-wing Republican presidential nominee in history.

If he says he's some kind of libertarian, he probably just means that as a cypher for "gay Republican."

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    That was an author not an actor.
    They flashed his name twice during the webisode I am pretty sure the first time it said actor. He didn't seem to want to defend his ideology or principles at all, usually political people do. Every time they tried to argue political policy he would back track and say that he isn't strictly conservative or libertarian. The only politician I have seen that doesn't have a political ideaology is Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Trump, the most extreme left-wing Republican presidential nominee in history.."
    In all fairness: Neil gorsuch, Big Phama bidding, withdraw from civil wars and nation building, enforce borders, reduce taxes, insult the IC apparatus and MSM, etc. Seems mostly far to the right of W (wars, security state, bank bailouts, 9-11 coverup, etc.), Tricky Dick (wars, gold standard, wage & price controls, HMOs, etc.), HW (taxes, wars for dollar hegemony and oil, drug money laundering, security state), etc. Reagan's right wingedness ended with his talking points (continuity of government, national debt escalation, Latin American coups, etc).
    Last edited by anaconda; 02-18-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    He is on point with Islam. His Sam Harris interview was pretty good at showing the confusion on the liberal side over the issue.
    He's amixed bag, that's for sure. He got axed from network TV for failing to worship The Troops, but now he seems to have adopted a neocon tint.

Two utter pieces of feces. Not even gonna bother watching.
    Just curious why you consider Yiannopoulos "feces?"

I know he loves it when cops murder black people. Eats it up.

And, yeah, like you said, off the rails for Trump, the most extreme left-wing Republican presidential nominee in history.

If he says he's some kind of libertarian, he probably just means that as a cypher for "gay Republican."
    maybe you missed it in previous vids.. he dates, almost exclusively, black men

I know.. ewww
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I can't watch Mahar...He's left wing Hannity.

But aren't you left wing? You voted Obama (twice), Hillary, and Thomas Dixon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    lol larry wilmore = triggered
    If you look up "hysterical, triggered, hateful, chip on the shoulder, leftist", Wilmore would be the main example. His show on Communist Central should be called "Everything is Whitey's Fault".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

MILO Confronts the Panel | Overtime with Bill Maher (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    maybe you missed it in previous vids.. he dates, almost exclusively, black men
    I read the same about George H.W. Bush.

Take Lenin and Hitler, subtract 30 IQ points, make one a flaming ****, have them 'debate,' and you get this.

"$#@! off, $#@! you, go $#@! yourself" is not an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    If you look up "hysterical, triggered, hateful, chip on the shoulder, leftist", Wilmore would be the main example. His show on Communist Central should be called "Everything is Whitey's Fault".
    I probably agree with Wilmore more then Maher or Milo. He was probably one of the only people that really gave Rand Paul a fair shake. He would always bring up the fake news for the day and dissect it by arguing both sides of the argument. I think the format could of been better because I think most people watched it for dumb jokes and having Rand Paul on to call Trump an empty suit fake conservative doesn't play well with snowflake Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Depends who you ask.

Bill Maher's shameful mainstreaming of Yiannopoulos' hate

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/18/opinio...-yiannopoulos/

February 18, 2017

Editor's Note: Dean Obeidallah, a former attorney, is the host of SiriusXM radio's daily program "The Dean Obeidallah Show" and a columnist for The Daily Beast. Follow him @deanofcomedy. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his.

(CNN)By inviting "alt right" (aka white supremacist) darling Milo Yiannopoulos (known as "Milo") onto his HBO show Friday night, Bill Maher could've seized a great opportunity to expose Yiannopoulos' history of hate. After all, Yiannopoulos has spewed so much toxic garbage that he was permanently banned by Twitter in 2016, which says a lot, considering the cesspool that swirls on that platform.

So when Maher faced Yiannopoulos on Friday, did the HBO host press him on his view that college rape culture is a fiction and that women are often lying when they report being raped? Did Maher ask him about his anti-Semitic comment that "Jews run the media," or did he ask why Yiannopoulos wore a Nazi Iron Cross when he was younger? Did Maher press him on his demonization of transgender people as, in essence, sexual predators?
    No. Instead Maher actually bonded with the extremist author and lecturer on their shared anti-Muslim views. Yiannopoulos complimented Maher: "You're sound on Islam unlike most people on your show." To which Maher glowingly responded, "Yes, that's true." (Although when Maher remarked that all religions were "stupid and dangerous," Yiannopoulos pushed back noting that, as a Catholic, he thinks his own faith is great.)

You know, there's nothing nicer than seeing two people who appear to be on different ends of the political spectrum bond over how much they dislike Islam, right? And no question: Maher and Yiannopoulos do indeed appear to be in lockstep when it comes to Muslims. Yiannopoulos, writing that "America has a Muslim problem" has conflated all Muslims with ISIS and has even defended loathing of Muslims with the comment, "fear of Islam is entirely rational."
    Maher has echoed that very sentiment with his own comment about Islam that, "The more you know, the more you would be afraid." And Maher was even praised by the alt-right Breitbart, where Yiannopoulos works as editor, for his remark in 2015, "I think that Islam is a problem."
    On his show Friday, Maher did gently push back when Yiannopoulos mocked HBO "Girls" star Lena Dunham with his playful response, "Let's not pick on fellow HBO stars." But why didn't Maher at any time passionately challenge Milo?
    In fact, stunningly, at the end of the interview, Maher seemed to be doing his best to make Yiannopoulos' hateful views more acceptable. Maher concluded the interview by reading "provocative" jokes the late comedian Joan Rivers had made and saying she was still considered a "national treasure."

His point appeared to be that if some people gave another comedian a pass, then why shouldn't we do the same with Yiannopoulos? Well, the reasons are obvious: Rivers was actually a comedian, while Yiannopoulos is a political pundit who writes for Bretitbart.com, a website that proudly spouts white-supremacist views and was, until recently, headed by Steve Bannon, who is now a senior adviser to the President of the United States, Donald Trump.
    It's especially curious that Maher didn't stand up to Yiannopoulos, given that he had been roundly criticized for even booking him on the show. In fact, Jeremy Scahill, a frequent guest on Maher's show, canceled his appearance for that night because he vehemently disagreed with Maher presenting Yiannopoulos with a national TV platform from which to "legitimize his hateful agenda."
    Thankfully, former Comedy Central host Larry Wilmore was on the panel and showed us how you confront hate. In the "Overtime" segment of the show, which can be seen online, Wilmore confronted Yiannopoulos's past racially-tinged attack on African-American SNL cast member Leslie Jones and his hatemongering about transgender Americans.

In fact, when Yiannopoulos asserted that transgender people are "disproportionately involved" in committing acts of sexual assault -- a lie that has been debunked by experts -- Maher remained quiet. It was Wilmore who stepped up to challenge his "statistics."
    And when Yiannopoulos went on to say that being transgender was a "psychiatric disorder," Maher kept his silence, while it was Wilmore who continued to press Yiannopoulos. The discussion between Wilmore and Yiannopoulos escalated until Wilmore told him "you can go f*** yourself," drawing a round of applause from the studio audience -- which had no doubt hoped Maher would've summoned half that much passionate pushback.
    If Maher has made a strategic decision to court Yiannopoulos' legion of white-supremacist followers, that's his despicable choice.
    But if he truly wants to regain progressive fans and the respect of his peers, then when he invites guests like Yiannopoulos, Maher should passionately press them on their hate, not mainstream it.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Or is it?
    What if:
    The 'barrier' we think we've 'broken'... i.e. 'politically correct'..
    was a 'boundary'?

Greece: Dionysian worshipers carry giant phallus across Athens

I can't shake the impression that we're on an accelerated schedule
    towards an apocalypse.
    Rule 1: Stay Calm
    Rule 2: People are more important than: Things. Politics. Systems. Do not harden your heart. Love your neighbor. Love God w/ all your heart, mind, strength.

He has shown thee Oh man..
    what is good and what the Lord requires of thee:
    but to do justly
    and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly with thy God.
    Micah.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 02-19-2017 at 01:34 AM.

I am with Larry Withmore on this, I would have completely lost it if I was in the panel with that Milo guy. The man has yet to say anything remotely intelligent or witty on the show and yet he whines about Bill not having people with higher IQ on the panel. Don't know about you guys, but if a rubbish, troll trash like him slagged me off like that, he would be placed in my bad side permanently.

What an as*hole that thing is.

Seeing as Milo has yet to make any point other than childish, low blow insults, I don't think Wilmore was trying to make an arguing with the "go fu*k yourself" line. That was just him insulting Milo for suggesting him and the rest of the panel wasn't high IQ enough for him.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Seeing as Milo has yet to make any point other than childish, low blow insults, I don't think Wilmore was trying to make an arguing with the "go fu*k yourself" line. That was just him insulting Milo for suggesting him and the rest of the panel wasn't high IQ enough for him.
    If CIA dude doesn't want to be thought a moron, then he probably should not have claimed that 42 year old technology like GREP is currently impossible. As long as asshat holds positions like than then I will consider him a moron even if he claims he had an IQ of 394.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    lol larry wilmore = triggered
    I think the word triggered has been too often been used as a pejorative when it is not necessarily is one. I mean, it is very normal for most semi intelligent people to somewhat triggered by a bull$#@! artist questioning their intelligence on live TV. Maybe this is not you but when you use your mouth to spew bull$#@!, people are going to negatively react to that. I feel the issue is not that someone is triggered but instead the issue is "what triggers you?".

Now if you are triggered by someone telling you an objective truth then it becomes an insult. Take me for example, I get triggered by bold face dishonesty and hypocrisy. I become Juleswin Winnfield in this clip when that happens.

If CIA dude doesn't want to be thought a moron, then he probably should not have claimed that 42 year old technology like GREP is currently impossible. As long as asshat holds positions like than then I will consider him a moron even if he claims he had an IQ of 394.
    Well, he insulted the whole panel before any real discussion started, my guess is that he was planning to use that line regardless of how intelligent the panelist were. Also it was Larry Wilmore not the CIA guy who was triggered by Milo's put down. The CIA guy was talking like a crazy person, I completely disregarded everything he said in that panel as exaggerations and outright lies.

yep.. as soon as I heard him yapping about 300 drunk Russians.. I thought - dude.. software.. get in the century

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I read the same about George H.W. Bush.
    could be but George doesn't go on tv, podcasts and various internet sites stating it

Bill Maher Shows Us Why You Can’t Platform Fascists

https://itsgoingdown.org/bill-maher-...form-fascists/

By Anonymous Contributor - February 18, 2017

On Real Time with Bill Maher, Maher invited the white nationalist Milo Yiannopoulos onto the show to discuss the recent string of deplatforming protests that have taken place over the past few months.

After the regular show aired, a segment called Overtime started and this is when we learned just how far liberalism had fallen.

Maher started off with a strong question about Milo’s doxing of a transgender woman on stage at the University of Wisconsin. Milo quickly started by calling the woman “he” and continued using male pronouns throughout the segment and defending his actions by saying he was only outing the student to “protect” women and children from this “confused” person.

Maher quickly replied that Milo’s protection of women and children was “not unreasonable” and turned to his other guest, Republican Rep. Jack Kingston to ask how he felt about “weirdos peeing.”

Maher, a self-proclaimed liberal, though he tends to dwell more in the libertarian realm, once again threw transgender men and women under the bus. His validation of Milo’s tactics and use of transphobic language really sealed the deal.

When Larry Wilmore, another guest on the show tried to hold Milo accountable, Milo shot back saying that trans people “disproportionately” accounted for the world’s sexual predators, Maher did nothing to combat this statement. Wilmore tried but to little avail. Milo said it was proven and Maher did nothing to counter.

This shows just why it is so important to combat speech like Milo’s by shutting it down. Liberals and free speech absolutists praised Maher for bringing Milo onto the show and challenging his ideas. Instead, he brought Milo on and let him espouse his ideas with little to no pushback.

Milo was given a massive HBO audience to spread his bigotry and the audience saw the host do nothing to counter it.

Yet, one would expect Maher to agree with Milo. It was Maher who, before the election, called trans issues “pet issues” and asked them to drop it in favor of electing Hillary Clinton.

When activists showed up at Berkeley and shut Milo down, they saved lives. They saved the students which Milo was set to out as immigrants and teach his audience to do the same. When Milo takes the stage, he causes damage to real lives.

His free speech is not violated, he can go yell in a field or at his computer. He has no right to a platform and anyone who wishes to give him one should be met with fierce resistance.

On Friday night, Milo spread his message loud and clear, and Maher confirmed it. This version of Maher’s liberalism, coupled with Milo’s white nationalism, labeled trans individuals as sexual predators and weirdos.

We must ensure there is no platform for fascists, on college campuses or on national television.

Although Bill Maher is a moderate neocon and gave $1 Million for DGP's campaign AFTER his droneganstaism was well known, following story being on front page of google news seems bit odd:

Here’s Why Bill Maher’s Comparison of Milo Yiannopoulos to Joan Rivers Is Problematic

February 19, 2017 Alexander Kacala
    Associate Editor @ Unicorn Booty 3 Comments

On Friday night, Bill Maher closed his controversial interview of Milo Yiannopoulos with a few Joan Rivers jokes, making a comparison between the alt-right hate-spewer and the legendary comedienne.
    https://unicornbooty.com/bill-maher-...s-joan-rivers/

Related

Joan Rivers called Michelle Obama "tranny", honored with Grammy & "Warrior of Truth" Awards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12