Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iowa - Man sentenced to 15 years in prison for burning LGBT flag

Exclamation Iowa - Man sentenced to 15 years in prison for burning LGBT flag

You can burn the US flag all you want, you can throw a crucifix in a barrel of piss and get taxpayer funding, you can dress up like a woman and flash your dick to 7 year old kids...but by God and Sonny Jesus, you'd better not burn the fagggot flag.

Fifteen years in Iowa jail for burning pride flag

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50861259

Adolfo Martinez, 30, admitted to his crimes in a jailhouse interview

A US judge has handed down a sentence of at least 15 years to a man who stole an LGBT pride flag from a church and burned it outside a strip club.

Adolfo Martinez, 30, admitted to the media that he took the flag from Ames United Church of Christ due to his animosity towards homosexuals.

He was found guilty last month of hate crime harassment, reckless use of fire and being a habitual offender.

The incident occurred around midnight on 11 June in downtown Ames, Iowa.

Police say the crime spree began at Dangerous Curves, a strip club, when police were called because a man was making threats. By the time they arrived, he had already been kicked out by bar staff.

After leaving the club, Martinez then travelled to the church and ripped down its flag. He then returned to the strip club where he used lighter fluid to burn the flag in the street. He also threatened to burn down the bar.

He was arrested later that day, and told local media in a jail house interview that he was "guilty as charged".

"It was an honour to do that. It's a blessing from the Lord," he said, explaining that he did it because he "opposed homosexuality".

"I burned down their pride, plain and simple," he told KCCI-TV. The interview was entered into the trial as evidence against him.

Church pastor Eileen Gebbie, who identifies as gay woman, says she agrees that Martinez' actions were motivated by hatred.

"I often experienced Ames as not being as progressive as many people believe it is, and there still is a very large closeted queeer community here," she told the Des Moines Register when he was convicted in November.

"But 12 people that I don't know, who have no investment in me or this congregation, said this man committed a crime, and it was a crime borne of bigotry and hatred."

Story County Attorney Jessica Reynolds said Martinez was the first person in the county's history to be convicted of a hate crime.

"The hard reality is there are people who target individuals and commit crimes against individuals because of their race, gender, sexual orientation," she told the Ames Tribune.

"And when that happens it's so important that as a society we stand up and people have severe consequences for those actions."
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-19-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hate crimes laws always include "National Origin", when will American flag burners be treated like this?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If this account is accurate, it's theft and destruction of property-not just flag burning. I don't mind burning skycloths, but stealing other people's stuff is not cool. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    If this account is accurate, it's theft and destruction of property-not just flag burning. I don't mind burning skycloths, but stealing other people's stuff is not cool. :P
    It's not worth 15 years.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Its Iowa , What do you expect . Soon they will also pick the dem presidential front runner for all the RPF leftists
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Hate crimes laws always include "National Origin", when will American flag burners be treated like this?

Are you saying they ought to be?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Freedom of speech is one thing but such flag burning among other things would also undermine global MAGA campaign for LGBTQ civil rights. Having too much disconnect between domestic and global policies would also do the same.
    15 years punishment seems disproportional though.

Proposed Law Would Ban Foreign Critics of LGBT

A bill recently passed out of the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee would allow the federal government to block U.S. visas for foreign individuals who criticize or otherwise work against...

Trump admin. launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

^this.

Un-Related
    "Take the oil"

"and there still is a very large closeted ***** community here,"
    I'm gonna test the censor.

Bitch?
    Prick?

--------ENd test.

Wow. Can't say *****.

One more. ******.

Okay can't say that either. But qu.eer isn't a bad word. Hell the lady described her own community with that word, lmao. $#@!ing political correctness.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 12-19-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Are you saying they ought to be?
    No.

I'm saying they should be according to the law, my point is that the law is only applied to conservatives these days.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nothing at all about theft or destruction of private property...which I would not have a problem with convicting of that.

He was found guilty last month of hate crime harassment, reckless use of fire and being a habitual offender.
    Clearly and admittedly he stole and destroyed about $20 worth of private property.

Make him pay for the fagg flag and do some community service.

15 years in the state pen is a message:

The sodomites are a protected class, do not raise your finger or your voice against them in any way, or doom on you.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-19-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

15 years?

That's about what he'd have gotten if he'd lit the weirdo up....

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

The sodomites are a protected class, do not raise your finger or your voice against them in any way, or doom on you.
    And none of us will....except some spick named Adolfo Martinez.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I'm gonna test the censor.

Bitch?
    Prick?

--------ENd test.

Wow. Can't say *****.

One more. ******.

Okay can't say that either. But qu.eer isn't a bad word. Hell the lady described her own community with that word, lmao. $#@!ing political correctness.
    Hommo is banned as well.

See?

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    And none of us will....except some spick named Adolfo Martinez.
    That needs a "Conflicted Space Ranger - Difficult Choice" meme:

Illegals or Queeers?

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-19-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    15 years?

That's about what he'd have gotten if he'd lit the weirdo up....
    15 years would be too light of a sentence. He'd get life in prison if he lit a weirdo up.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I have to wonder, if he had been muslim would he still have got 15 years?
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I have to wonder, if he had been muslim would he still have got 15 years?
    In that case he probably would have gotten off scott free.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Nothing at all about theft or destruction of private property...which I would not have a problem with convicting of that.

Clearly and admittedly he stole and destroyed about $20 worth of private property.

Indeed-Making the victim whole is rational justice. Beyond that is petty scheudenfreude-and in this case a sort of shaming and persecution as you rightly point out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Church pastor Eileen Gebbie, of the Divine Church of Mental Gymnastics.

Completely ridicules.
    But honestly what kind of a church hosts a LGBT flag?
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 12-19-2019 at 10:52 PM.

I don't think it is cool to destroy/steal someone's property. 15 years seems like a pretty hard sentence unless he is a repeat offender. If I were I judge I would want to be on the side of the property owner.

I do believe labeling a crime a hate crime is causing some uppity stuff like the Jessie Smollet stunt. It's all show biz...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    In that case he probably would have gotten off scott free.
    Derogatory country of origin slur.

Reported

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Completely ridicules.
    They are all over the place.

Churches that think sin and vice are things to be proud of.

Iowa man who burned LGBTQ flag sentenced to 16 years

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...gbtq-flag-sen/

An Iowa man who was found guilty of lighting a local church’s LGBTQ flag on fire was sentenced to more than 16 years in prison Wednesday.
    Adolfo Martinez, 30, was found guilty last month of a hate crime, third-degree harassment and reckless use of fire after admitting to police in June that he stole a pride banner hanging outside the Ames United Church of Christ and set it on fire using lighter fluid about two blocks away outside the Dangerous Curves Gentleman’s Club, The Des Moines Register reported.
    Story County Attorney Jessica Reynolds said in June that the hate crime charge was added because Mr. Martinez targeted the church’s property because of “what it represents as far as sexual orientation.”

Mr. Martinez was sentenced to 15 years for the hate crime charge, one year for reckless use of fire and 30 days for harassment, all of which will be served consecutively, the Associated Press reported.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is excessive sentence. Where is the outrage over this?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Completely ridicules.
    One who is not familiar with God's Word and falsely teaching. Leviticus 18 is pretty clear.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

This. All this. 15 $#@!ing years. SMDH.

15 years??? Sheesh.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

//
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast