Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Gunman opens fire on GOP congressional baseball team practice session

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Is it just me or does this guy look like Walter from The Big Lebowski?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    A witness said that someone walked up to him and asked if they were Republicans or Democrats.
    DeSantis and Duncan are both saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    You can expect a new push for gun control after this...
    I know at least one Senator, present there today, who won't be going along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, has anyone explained how a cadre of trained federal bodyguards allows a guy carrying an assault rifle into the venue undetected? '
    This was my very first thought.

then come calls for MOHR Police.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is how you know it is BS.
    I'm glad I'm not the one that had to inject that very distinct possibility into the thread. Just because Rand gave a statement doesn't mean I'm going to turn off my brain. I default to fakery at this stuff now.

"Are you Democrats or Republicans?" How did he know they were Congress and that they would be there early in the morning? And is he so blind as to not see the "Republicans" jerseys everyone was wearing, including the Congressman he allegedly asked? Story already reeks of more divide and conquer and anti-gun propaganda.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

https://twitter.com/TreyYingst/statu...96466598764545
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Staffer looks a lot like JEB!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the one that had to inject that very distinct possibility into the thread. Just because Rand gave a statement doesn't mean I'm going to turn off my brain. I default to fakery at this stuff now.

"Are you Democrats or Republicans?" How did he know they were Congress and that they would be there early in the morning? And is he so blind as to not see the "Republicans" jerseys everyone was wearing, including the Congressman he allegedly asked? Story already reeks of more divide and conquer and anti-gun propaganda.
    Yeah it's also a good distraction as the MIC ramps up war in the middle east, they also get to push gun control- while one of the only people who is speaking out against it in the Senate is getting shot at.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Yeah it's also a good distraction as the MIC ramps up war in the middle east, they also get to push gun control- while one of the only people who is speaking out against it in the Senate is getting shot at.
    Very true. Senate is working on a major Iran and Russia sanctions bill today, S722. Apparently having a bunch of Congress shot at in the morning isn't enough to cause the Senate to adjourn for the day.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Very true. Senate is working on a major Iran and Russia sanctions bill today, S722. Apparently having a bunch of Congress shot at in the morning isn't enough to cause the Senate to adjourn for the day.
    This is what I was talking about, this is the type of free speech that gets you punched in the face or shot at in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is what I was talking about, this is the type of free speech that gets you punched in the face or shot at in this country.

Huh? A lost vote on the Saudi arms deal leads to being shot at the next morning? I'm not sure what your point is.

Btw, I'm not naive enough, at this point, to think that Rand doesn't play the politics game when it suits him.

Huh? A lost vote on the Saudi arms deal leads to being shot at the next morning? I'm not sure what your point is.

Btw, I'm not naive enough, at this point, to think that Rand doesn't play the politics game when it suits him.
    He basically spelled out our failed foreign policy and said that Saudi Arabia basically created ISIS and we are helping them. He also said they are causing mass starvation in Yemen and we are helping them. He then even said they were worse then ISIS and might even be over thrown and and then all of the guns will be in the hands of ISIS.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul: Scalise's presence at congressional baseball practice most likely prevented 'massacre'

"Everybody would've died except for the fact that Capitol Hill police were there," Paul said. "Had they not been there, it would have been a massacre."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rand-...124918069.html

Rand Paul was the target, they wanted to kill others so it didn't look like it. He needs to carry a gun.
    We just got a lot closer to civil war.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If "assault rifles" are things as deadly as handling chunks of plutonium bare handed, as we have told for years and years and years, how is that the only person dead is the shooter?

The fact of the matter is a well sighted 30-.06 or .308 hunting rifle or big bore handgun, is much more lethal.

Just sayin'...

Although I have noticed in mass shooting for headlines,bullets seem to find mundanes a lot easier than the magically protected government class.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    40 shots and a bunch of misses is understandable. I was a good shot, but the first time I shot at a deer I had buck fever so bad my shaky hands made me cleanlymiss the deer with about 3 shots. It just stood there looking at me like I was an idiot and it was within 40 yards.

Killing another man is much harder. I read a stat that in most prior wars the majority of combatants weren't aiming to kill their opponents.

In the Marines they taught us to charge straight into an ambush for this reason. It's hharder to shooot a man facing you than shooting his back sometimes.

"Union" Home Inspector? Da fuq? Every inspector I know is self-employed and definitely not leftist.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    Sounds pretty out of character
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Mike's fired up.

Last edited by dannno; 06-14-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Dramatic New Video Captures Exact Moment Shooter Opened Fire On GOP Baseball Practice

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-14/dramatic-new-video-captures-exact-moment-shooter-opened-fire-gop-baseball-practice

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In case you have missed the coverage, it's important to know that this guy was a Bernie Sanders supporter. He was not a Hillary supporter. Probably not even a Democrat. A crazy Bernie supporter.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dannno again.

this is why liberals want gun control, so the rest of us can't protect ourselves from them. psychopaths
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Leftists are the most violent, intolerant people on the planet. These shooting are overwhelmingly done by leftists. Almost all vandalism and riots are done by leftists.

When your whole ideology is based on using government violence to promote your social outcomes, it isn't a far leap to use violence on your own against people who get in the way of promoting your ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Leftists are the most violent, intolerant people on the planet. These shooting are overwhelmingly done by leftists. Almost all vandalism and riots are done by leftists.

When your whole ideology is based on using government violence to promote your social outcomes, it isn't a far leap to use violence on your own against people who get in the way of promoting your ideology.
    That's probably why they are afraid of letting people have firearms. They know they couldn't be trusted with them so they think nobody should be trusted with them.

Prolly a "gun-free zone."

GOP Congressman Shot At A Baseball Practice Is In Critical Condition, Hospital Says

https://www.yahoo.com/style/gop-sena...125000491.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That's probably why they are afraid of letting people have firearms. They know they couldn't be trusted with them so they think nobody should be trusted with them.
    Yup the right is just full of bigots the left literally wants to kill you and turn your unborn children into skin cream
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/2017 View Post
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.
    I'm adding another prophetic quote to my sig.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast