Thread: Bartering is back!

Bartering is back!

I've always thought about when this would happen:

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb...r-toilet-paper

Now silver coins are the perfect medium for bartering. It's a small unit that can be used as a medium for exchange.

I need to get some silver!

@RonZeplin @oyarde

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I keep some specific items just to barter and people know there are some specific items I take in barter . I take silver coins for farm products . I regularly hoard enough gasoline and ammo that I can continue living nearly the same for a couple years in the event of collapse. Enough to plow & disc for a couple seasons , run chainsaw wood splitter for heat for a couple seasons etc

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I've always thought about when this would happen:

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb...r-toilet-paper

Now silver coins are the perfect medium for bartering. It's a small unit that can be used as a medium for exchange.

I need to get some silver!

@RonZeplin @oyarde
    Well, it's not a great time to be buying right now, premiums are at record highs. I've had some luck on craigslist calling up people offering to buy PM's, and asking them if they have stuff for sale.

It's one way to avoid state sales taxes, and if you find someone who's just looking at the spot price you may get a great deal from a local yokel.

Recommend getting some Constitutional Silver, aka junk silver to start with, pre-'65 dimes, quarters & half dollars. That's fractions of an ounce and probably the most useful for bartering in a SHTF scenario wherein an ounce might be worth a lot more than it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

No sales tax on coins in my state .

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Well, it's not a great time to be buying right now, .
    Called a few dealers yesterday and the premiums for 1 ounce coins ('our choice') are 20-30% depending on size of order.

Never bought silver before but that seems too much? I think i'll pass for now..

I tried to institute the goodwill of barter over time so if it is needed it is there and it eliminates state tax in some cases , although we have no tax on food or coins here .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I tried to institute the goodwill of barter over time so if it is needed it is there and it eliminates state tax in some cases , although we have no tax on food or coins here .
    Any idea when dealers will have any silver in stock, oyarde? I can't find any... I think they're waiting for the mints to deliver so no idea how long that will take!

It could be MONTHS...
    Pledge to donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20: (http://FundPatriotsDay.com)

Donate to Rep. Thomas Massie on 4/20 (http://ThomasMassie.com)

Follow Me on twitter: @MassieBomb

Called a few dealers yesterday and the premiums for 1 ounce coins ('our choice') are 20-30% depending on size of order.

Never bought silver before but that seems too much? I think i'll pass for now..
    It is too much but that is what is out there . Silver is on the way back to 15 now . Anyone with inventory could easily have bought it at 18 , or 17 percent more so 20 percent is about what I would expect to find. No need to pass if you want it . You may never get a better deal . Or maybe just a little and see later .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any idea when dealers will have any silver in stock, oyarde? I can't find any... I think they're waiting for the mints to deliver so no idea how long that will take!

It could be MONTHS...
    Only place left to check I know of is Upstate Coin & Gold ( upstate NY , Fayetteville ) ph # 315 637 1300