Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [Edit] Historic High Temperatures Everywhere, Do You Still Think Warming is a Hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    And you will leave your grandchildren with a $30 trillion debt, good job.
    My grandchildren will probably have $30 trillion lying between their couch cushions, I'm not too worried about it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Simply insulating all buildings to cut heat and air conditioning loss would save as much as taking all fossil fuel transportation off the roads. But this would require a national initiative such as a Green New Deal, which as we know is just some fever dream of a 30-something freshman congresswoman who just likes to piss people off.
    Show me the science on that.

All new homes and buildings are well insulated.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    What difference does it make? The coronavirus will kill you and everyone you love long before climate change does.
    I am having one of me secretaries keep a list of all the global cooling deniers here in case I survive . None of those dirty SOB's are ever getting invited to my open bar Christmas party .
    Do something Danke

I already cringe with that "97% of scientists..." idiocy, but when someone uses a Facebook meme to sell it, then doubles down with a wiki article... $#@! it embarrasses me for them so bloody bad.

That said, not the first Lefty post by JML, surely won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I already cringe with that "97% of scientists..." idiocy, but when someone uses a Facebook meme to sell it, then doubles down with a wiki article... $#@! it embarrasses me for them so bloody bad.

That said, not the first Lefty post by JML, surely won't be the last.
    Not unless the mods ban him

China And India To Build 320 New Airports In Next 10 Years

https://www.thegwpf.com/forget-heath...-new-airports/

Why doesn't Greta lecture them ?!?!

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Show me the science on that.

All new homes and buildings are well insulated.
    And just what percentage of the structures stock is new?

Forbes:

A staggering 36% of all energy used today globally is consumed within our buildings.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikehug.../#358d24334a0c
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 03-01-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

Just so you know, the US CO2 out per capita is still higher than that of China and India. India and China both have populations of a billion plus. They would need to double/triple their output right now to catch up to the US.

But then again, CO2 is NOT a pollutant(at the levels it is right now)

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not unless the mods ban him
    If you insist.. @TheTexan will review all posts and make a recommendation to the council of elders.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post

greta wears clothes made by slaves
    Do something Danke

And just what percentage of the structures stock is new?
    Quite a bit of it.

A staggering 36% of all energy used today globally is consumed within our buildings.
    Let's assume you could cut that in half by massive government spending on insulation programs.

It would still not come close to matching what is used for transportation.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Forget trying to bring science into the political forum, it's not going to work. We can't even agree on how bad a president we currently have.

Of course now that I've said that, someone will bring science into the thread, but mental health and not climate science, and say I have TDS.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    My grandchildren will probably have $30 trillion lying between their couch cushions, I'm not too worried about it

Adopted? Most people would had to have sex with a woman to have children/grandchildren.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Adopted? Most people would had to have sex with a woman to have children/grandchildren.
    Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
    You'll pick your sons, pick your daughters too
    From the bottom of a long glass tube
    Whoa-oh-oh
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I wish they were adopted. If they were adopted I'm pretty sure I could disown them and stop paying child support.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It's hitting you in the face every day. Voted for Trump cuz I hate Hillary. But I think global warming is real.

Question: assuming we are all arguing in good faith here, what kind of scientific data would it require for you to believe?
    During the 70's I worked with a Phd candidate to find out about ice ages. This person was abe to determine that the globe does heat up before an ice age. This person correctly predicted the warming. we found evidence of volcanic activity on the east coast I agree that there is some climate change and small warming but it is not because of human activity. It is about the pole shifting and magnetics. Pollution is real and it hurts all life on the planet. I think we should try to reduce pollution.

Some group I don't know who they are is spraying the earth with something I really don't know how it is affecting the planet or us. It does seem that alot of the good small populations like bees and butterflies and birds are dying and a lot of pest populations like mosquitoes and ticks are growing. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    During the 70's I worked with a Phd candidate to find out about ice ages. This person was abe to determine that the globe does heat up before an ice age. This person correctly predicted the warming. we found evidence of volcanic activity on the east coast I agree that there is some climate change and small warming but it is not because of human activity. It is about the pole shifting and magnetics. Pollution is real and it hurts all life on the planet. I think we should try to reduce pollution.

Some group I don't know who they are is spraying the earth with something I really don't know how it is affecting the planet or us. It does seem that alot of the good small populations like bees and butterflies and birds are dying and a lot of pest populations like mosquitoes and ticks are growing. Why is that?
    This is closest to my position. Let's say we don't now if it is man made, it is nevertheless an emergency and if reducing pollution might help why not make it a priority?

Scientific American, an alarmist rag!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-in-greenland/

Viking History Is Melting Away in Greenland

Climate change is already rotting archaeological sites in the Arctic, and Norse Viking-era settlements are at high risk

Lining the fjords of Greenland are remnants of Viking-era Norse outposts that flourished for less than 500 years before they were mysteriously abandoned. And now this lost culture is experiencing a second disappearance, triggered by climate change.

Of all the archaeological sites in Greenland, Norse settlements are at the most risk of rotting away as the Arctic warms, according to new research published Thursday in Scientific Reports. The study estimates that up to 70 percent of the organic material in these sites could decay by 2100.

What stands to be lost is a unique record of remarkably preserved material: hair, textiles, human and animal bones, woods, hides, leathers. As the soil warms up and the number of frost-free days increases, microbes attack these fragile organics, leaving only rot behind. The changes are already happening near Greenland’s capital city of Nuuk, says lead study author Jřrgen Hollesen, a senior researcher at the National Museum of Denmark. “Here we have some sites where we know that they found a lot of artifacts, a lot of bones, 40 years ago—but today we don’t see that much left,” he says. “There were bones at some point, but now it’s just this fine-grained mush.”

“It’s clearly a huge issue, pan-Arctic,” says Anne Jensen, an archaeologist at the University of Alaska Fairbanks who excavates sites on Alaska’s North Slope. Jensen worked with Hollesen on a review paper published last year in Antiquity about the impending damage, but was not involved in the current study. She says the new research and similar work could help archaeologists make grim decisions about what sites to rush and excavate, and which to let die.

This is closest to my position. Let's say we don't now if it is man made, it is nevertheless an emergency and if reducing pollution might help why not make it a priority?

Scientific American, an alarmist rag!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-in-greenland/

Reducing CO2 isn't the same as reducing toxic pollution. CO2 is not toxic.

Plants actually grow much faster with more vigor and more people on the planet can be fed when the CO2 levels are higher and we have warmer temperatures.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    That is more likely than the real James Madison thinking the new green deal is worthwhile .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I have zero doubt that the temperature of the Earth changes, just as it always has and always will. I don't think there has ever been a time in millions of years that the Earth's climate didn't change.

What I don't understand is how raising taxes on ourselves and then handing all of that money over to corrupt politicians is going to somehow cool off the Earth. What am I missing?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I have zero doubt that the temperature of the Earth changes, just as it always has and always will. I don't think there has ever been a time in millions of years that the Earth's climate didn't change.

What I don't understand is how raising taxes on ourselves and then handing all of that money over to corrupt politicians is going to somehow cool off the Earth. What am I missing?
    I call it the breath tax. I am sorely against it. I don;t see how this tax will make the planet less polluted. There is technology that can help reduse emissions all they have to do is allow it to be brought to the market.

There is nothing they can do to stop the magnetic poles from shifting. I think there is going to be some big disaster that will kill most of the life on earth maybe the elites are trying to raise enough money to leave the planet so they want to tax the breath of every human on earth in order to do that. What ever they are up to I am pretty sure it will not be good for most humans.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

That's not the only part of the pollution carbon footprint. The ocean garbage patches the size of Texas are mostly plastic, which are oil synthetics. Your grandkids are going to love you for leaving them this crap.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/environment...tch-1.60042611

https://projectoceanus.wordpress.com...garbage-patch/

That's not the only part of the pollution carbon footprint. The ocean garbage patches the size of Texas are mostly plastic, which are oil synthetics. Your grandkids are going to love you for leaving them this crap.

That mostly comes from India and China.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

People believe Government False Reporting..

Government says it is warm when it is cold..

Water does not freeze at 36 degrees.

and yet there is frost in warm weather..

I will take my Decades of Personal Experience over Government Lies every time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Uh... I live in a desert and don't throw plastic into the ocean. I will leave it to you to apologize to my grandkids for all of mankind, especially those polluters in India and China.

I still don't see how me and you sending money to corrupt politicians in Washington D.C. is going to reduce garage in the ocean. It kinda seems like a scam that politicans are pulling. Get emotional people like you all wound up about a real problem like polutuion and then convince them to send money to DC with the idea that it s will solve the problem.
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 03-06-2020 at 12:07 AM. Reason: typo
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Let's assume you could cut that in half by massive government spending on insulation programs.

It would still not come close to matching what is used for transportation.
    According to the article, their goal is to cut that by 17%. Pretty sure it is 17% of the 30% which is 5%. So if we insulated our buildings, and added automation systems to help control lights and heating/AC, we could save about 5% total energy usage.

And that is according to some leftist, and leftists tend to be pretty bad at math.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

THE OCEAN CLEANUP SUCCESSFULLY CATCHES PLASTIC IN THE GREAT PACIFIC GARBAGE PATCH

https://theoceancleanup.com/updates/...garbage-patch/

Snow coming in the morning . Weather did not get the global warming memo .
    Do something Danke

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234