Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 Killed In Shooting At Virginia Beach Municipal Center; Suspect Confirmed Dead

11 Killed In Shooting At Virginia Beach Municipal Center; Suspect Confirmed Dead

The chief of police in Virginia Beach, Virginia has confirmed that 11 people have been killed and at least 6 hospitalized after a shooting in a local municipal center.
    ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION-municipal center, building 2. Multiple injuries. At this time it is believed that only 1 shooter, and they have been taken into custody. More to follow
    — Virginia Beach PD (@VBPD) May 31, 2019
    Police Chief James Cervera told reporters during a Friday night press conference that the shooting took place in building 2 of the local Virginia Beach municipal center, which is the operations center for the local public works department. The building is part of a large complex with more than 30 buildings. Police had said earlier that the shooter was in custody, by Cervera told reporters during a press conference that the shooter had died. Police said the shooter wasn't included in the tally of victims.

One of the individuals shot by the suspect was a Virginia Beach police officer, and he was saved by his vest. Police have established an assistance center for employees who worked at the building where the shooting took place.
    Shortly after 4 pm, the suspect, a longtime and current public utilities employee, entered Building 2 and began indiscriminately firing on the victims. Officers responded and "engaged with the victims."

Cervera released few details about the shooter, and no information about the motivation. Gov Ralph Northam is headed to the scene, and another press conference has been scheduled for later Friday. Names of the victims haven't been released since police are still in the process of contacting family.
    "Right now, we have more questions than we have answers," Cervera said.
    Local police are being assisted by the FBI, DHS and the Virginia State Police in processing the scene.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...nicipal-center
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Disgruntled employee. It is your co-workers and neighbors you need to be concerned about. They are much more likely to kill you than an immigrant.

Police said the suspect, a long-term and current Virginia Beach city employee, fired "indiscriminately" in a public utilities building.

The gunman, whose identity has not been released, was killed when police responded to the incident.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48481814

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Disgruntled employee. It is your co-workers and neighbors you need to be concerned about. They are much more likely to kill you than an immigrant.

This is more concerning to me.

Just keep promoting the MSM propaganda and False Flags, someday they'll give you that raise.

How do you know it wasn't an immigrant?

Communism is the primary reason to control immigration but immigrants from some cultures do tend to commit more crimes than natives.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Public employees always the most dangerous I think . I keep my eye on those .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Just keep promoting the MSM propaganda and False Flags, someday they'll give you that raise.

How do you know it wasn't an immigrant?

Communism is the primary reason to control immigration but immigrants from some cultures do tend to commit more crimes than natives.
    More fake cliches. You are more likely to die from food poisoning than to be killed by an immigrant.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-31-2019 at 08:14 PM.

More fake cliches.
    LOL

That's all you've got anymore?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Here come the Democrats trying to push more gun control.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/1305277001/

A longtime public utilities employee opened fire on co-workers at a municipal center in Virginia Beach on Friday, killing 12 people and wounding at least four others before police fatally shot him in a long gun battle.

Virginia Beach police Chief Jim Cervera said the heavily armed shooter died in an exchange of gunfire with officers who rushed into the building. The gunman was armed with a .45 caliber handgun and he exhausted multiple extended magazines in the onslaught and the gun battle with police, leaving a "war zone" of carnage, spent bullets and empty ammunition casings, Cervera said.

Cervera said the gunman walked into the Virginia Beach Municipal Center shortly after 4 p.m. EDT and "immediately began to indiscriminately fire upon all the victims." His name has not yet been released.

"The officers stopped this individual from committing more carnage," Cervera said. The gunman likely would have used all his ammunition on innocent people had the officers not engaged him in the gun battle, forcing him to use up the massive store of ammunition that he brought on his killing mission, the chief said.

Among the wounded: a Virginia Beach Police officer whose life was saved by his bulletproof vest, Cervera said.

Police also say the gunman brought extended ammunition magazines that held more bullets than a typical magazine, suggesting that he wanted as much firepower as possible to inflict damage. He also had a sound suppressor for his handgun.
    The shooting broke out in Building No., 2 of the sprawling Virginia Beach Municipal Center, which includes several city facilities, including the police department. Building 2 houses offices for planning and public works and is adjacent to city hall.

Megan Banton, an administrative assistant who works in the building where the shooting broke out, said she heard gunshots, called 911 and barricaded a door.

“We tried to do everything we could to keep everybody safe,” she said. “We were all just terrified. It felt like it wasn’t real, like we were in a dream. You are just terrified because all you can hear is the gunshots.”

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Speak of the devil and he appears:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/1305277001/
    A longtime public utilities employee opened fire on co-workers at a municipal center in Virginia Beach on Friday, killing 12 people and wounding at least four others before police fatally shot him in a long gun battle.

Virginia Beach police Chief Jim Cervera said the heavily armed shooter died in an exchange of gunfire with officers who rushed into the building. The gunman was armed with a .45 caliber handgun and he exhausted multiple extended magazines in the onslaught and the gun battle with police, leaving a "war zone" of carnage, spent bullets and empty ammunition casings, Cervera said.

Cervera said the gunman walked into the Virginia Beach Municipal Center shortly after 4 p.m. EDT and "immediately began to indiscriminately fire upon all the victims." His name has not yet been released.

"The officers stopped this individual from committing more carnage," Cervera said. The gunman likely would have used all his ammunition on innocent people had the officers not engaged him in the gun battle, forcing him to use up the massive store of ammunition that he brought on his killing mission, the chief said.

Among the wounded: a Virginia Beach Police officer whose life was saved by his bulletproof vest, Cervera said.

Police also say the gunman brought extended ammunition magazines that held more bullets than a typical magazine, suggesting that he wanted as much firepower as possible to inflict damage. He also had a sound suppressor for his handgun. The shooting broke out in Building No., 2 of the sprawling Virginia Beach Municipal Center, which includes several city facilities, including the police department. Building 2 houses offices for planning and public works and is adjacent to city hall.

Megan Banton, an administrative assistant who works in the building where the shooting broke out, said she heard gunshots, called 911 and barricaded a door.

“We tried to do everything we could to keep everybody safe,” she said. “We were all just terrified. It felt like it wasn’t real, like we were in a dream. You are just terrified because all you can hear is the gunshots.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I bet he looks Nigerian.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Banned

Blog Entries
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmT_...ature=youtu.be

What a coincidence!!

13News Now

Published on May 31, 2019
    The Virginia Beach Police Department is holding an active shooter training workshop on Saturday for the public.

(watch and archive now, before this video gone!)

nm
    Last edited by angelatc; 05-31-2019 at 10:24 PM. Reason: wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I bet he looks Nigerian.
    Your bet is looking good, I have heard that the shooter was a black muslim Demoncrat.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your bet is looking good, I have heard that the shooter was a black muslim Demoncrat.
    That explains why this story is not getting "traction".
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When they don't declare "white man" within the first few hours, you know it's someone that doesn't fit the narrative.
    DeWayne Craddock
    Virginia Beach shootings: Who was DeWayne Craddock, identified as the gunman?
    https://www.ajc.com/news/virginia-be...PTOaXUk9Mo70H/

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I bet he looks Nigerian.
    Well one thing is certain , it will be some flavor of unsavory democrat . Could be Pedophile , black , govt worker , muslim , democrat on meds or some other combination of delusional weirdo . Maybe identify as white , jewish , govt worker democrat on meds etc
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-01-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    When they don't declare "white man" within the first few hours, you know it's someone that doesn't fit the narrative.
    DeWayne Craddock
    Did you just assume his race? Maybe he identifies as white.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Did you just assume his race? Maybe he identifies as white.
    I'm betting he identified as oppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    ??? Gun Control is working as intended as far as I can see. A bunch of victims not able to fight back because they're not armed. Gun Control = success. Just wait until it's commie goons coming to kill all of us for not being transgender.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

One of the individuals shot by the suspect was a Virginia Beach police officer, and he was saved by his vest.
    Thank god the Officer is OK.

This tragedy could have turned out a lot worse.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Thank god the Officer is OK.

This tragedy could have turned out a lot worse.
    Oh he'll be okay. He'll get permanent disability.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Probably on Psych meds...
    No doubt.

Virginia has sure been the brunt of bad news from governor, to beaches, to people losing their minds.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Virginians:
    If not a current member... please consider joining.

https://vcdl.org/

Why hasn't anyone called this a false flag?

Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Why hasn't anyone called this a false flag?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmT_...ature=youtu.be

https://www.ajc.com/news/virginia-be...PTOaXUk9Mo70H/

VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. —

DeWayne Craddock, identified by police as the disgruntled employee who opened fire and killed 12 people in Virginia Beach on Friday, worked for the city as a certified professional engineer, CNN reported.

Craddock, 40, was killed after exchanging gunfire with police, WAVY reported.

Craddock, who was still employed by the city of Virginia Beach, had a security pass "like all employees had" to access inner offices of the building, City Manager Dave Hansen said at a news conference Saturday morning.

“He was authorized to enter the building," Hansen said.

Craddock had made multiple firearm purchases in recent weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported. Craddock used a handgun and rifle that were legally purchased, officials told the newspaper. The .45 caliber handgun had a suppressor on it, police said.

Craddock had many years of experience in engineering.

According to a Newport Daily Press news brief published May 15, 2008, Craddock was hired to work with the site planning team and engineering team for Draper Aden Associates in Hampton Roads, Virginia. The newspaper reported Craddock had engineering experience in project management for site design, stormwater management and private utility system design.

>> Virginia Beach shooting: ‘The most devastating day,’ mayor says

The Daily Press also reported that Craddock was a graduate of Old Dominion University with a bachelor’s of science degree in civil engineering. After graduating from Old Dominion in 2002, Craddock earned his professional engineering license in 2006, according to the Washington Examiner,

Daily Press articles in 1996 listed Craddock as DeWayne A. Hamilton, son of Vestere O. Craddock and “former ward” of James H. Craddock.

Craddock was a 1996 graduate of Denbigh High School in Newport News, Virginia, according to the Daily Press. He joined the National Guard after graduation and began training in late 1996, the newspaper reported. He graduated from Fort Sill in Lawton, Oklahoma, in February 1997, the Daily Press reported.
    Police work the scene of a mass shooting in VIrginia Beach, Virginia, on Friday.
    Photo: L. Todd Spencer/The Virginian-Pilot via AP

Online court records in Virginia Beach and surrounding counties turned up a 2013 motor vehicle citation against Craddock, but no other violations, CNN reported.

Craddock lived in a condominium in Virginia Beach, according to WAVY, and police raided the residence Friday night.

According to Craddock’s neighbor, Cassetty Howerin, the shooter was a quiet person who kept to himself, the television station reported.

"I know what gym he goes to, that's about it.

You heard him walking around, he would drop stuff at like 2 a.m. and me and my roommate would try to figure out what he was doing," Howerin told CNN.

"I know what gym he goes to, that's about it.

"I never saw him take trash out, never saw him bring groceries in, never saw people coming in or out," Howerin told CNN. "He was very to himself."

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Sounds like his life had gone to $#@!.
    UPDATE: He had resigned by email that morning.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/01/u...sultPosition=1
    ...It remains to be seen what the suspect was after. City officials declined to discuss a possible motive for the attack, but they did say there was no immediate indication that the gunman had targeted anyone. The police chief, James A. Cervera, quelled rumors on Saturday that the suspect had recently been fired, and declined to say whether there had been friction between him and other employees.

But a person close to Virginia Beach’s city government, who was not authorized to speak publicly, said that the suspect had no history of behavioral problems until recently, when he had begun acting strangely and getting into physical “scuffles” with other city workers.

The person said that tensions had escalated in the past week, adding that the man had gotten into a violent altercation on city grounds and was told that disciplinary action would be taken.

Officials said that the suspect was armed with two .45-caliber guns, at least one of which had a sound suppressor attached to it, and that both weapons had been purchased legally. He used extended magazines, which hold more ammunition than standard models, and reloaded several times in what the Virginia Beach police chief called “a long-term gun battle” with officers.

Two more firearms were found at the suspect’s home, officials said.

Few details in the suspect’s past point to the staggering violence that would mark the end of his life. He had no obvious criminal history, court records show, only several traffic violations over the years.
    Editors’ Picks

He had a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Old Dominion University in Virginia. In 1996, he enlisted in the Virginia National Guard, where he was assigned to the First Battalion, 111th Field Artillery Regiment, in Norfolk as a cannon crew member, according to a state National Guard spokesman. He was discharged in 2002 at the rank of specialist. (The spokesman declined to specify the nature of the discharge.)

Before his job with the city, the suspect worked for private firms specializing in site planning and infrastructure, and had held a professional engineer license from the state since 2008. One of his hiring notices said that his engineering experience included storm water management and utility design for private and public systems. Employment listings also showed that he had worked for the Army Training and Support Center.

Several news releases issued by the city this year about road closings because of utility work listed the suspect’s name as the contact person for further information. He was the man who took residents’ questions, whose name was a public point of reference.

But on Saturday, after identifying him once as the man who plunged the city into grief, officials said they would never again utter his name in public.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/01/u...sultPosition=1
    UPDATE:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ortly-shooting
    ...City officials including City Manager David Hansen said Craddock "was still employed" by the city at the time of the attack. "He had a security pass like all employees had and he was authorized to enter the building."

However, the Washington Post reported Sunday morning that Craddock had resigned from his position by email Friday morning, just hours before the shooting began.

Despite having no history of aggressive behavior, Craddock had begun acting strangely in recent weeks, even getting into "scuffles" with other works. He had even got into a violent altercation on city grounds, and was warned that disciplinary action would be taken.

Though his motives weren't clear, his neighbors had told reporters on Saturday that Craddock's wife had abruptly left him in the not-too-distant past.

When he stormed Building 2, the building where he had worked for more than a decade, helping to manage the city's water and sanitary sewer system, Craddock was armed with two .45-calber hand guns, at least one of which was outfitted with a silencer, and loaded with extended magazines. Two more guns were later found inside his home.

Police have yet to comment on a possible motive, and the reasons behind Craddock's sudden lurch toward staggering violence remain unclear.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ortly-shooting
    Last edited by Valli6; 06-02-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Virginia Beach Shooter has been described as a disgruntled employee, but his parents say he had no problems at work. From this site, which talks about the shooter’s military service: “Scott said he worked in a different division from Craddock, whom he described as quiet, polite and a “nice guy.” Scott said he thought Craddock was in good standing at work and had never heard negative reports about him.” The ABC News report featured a coworker who said he was friends with him, and nothing was awry. He said he saw him right before the shooting, and they had a pleasant, short conversation, wishing each other a happy weekend, before the coworker went home early. Also, neighbors described a recluse, and they showed all the surveillance cameras on the front of his house pointing out watching the street (another trait you will see among people who feel besieged by something targeting them).

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast