Thread: RonPaul08.com Domain Expiring 1/23/2013

RonPaul08.com Domain Expiring 1/23/2013

I've owned RonPaul08.com since 1/12/2007, and I've used it over the years to redirect traffic to the hottest thing going at the time, like money bombs, articles, and mostly the official campaign site. I've decided to let my domain registration expire, and my grace period for renewal expires on 1/23/2013. I wanted to give you guys a heads-up in case you have a need for it. If you can give me a good pitch for how you'd use it in the next few days, I might even work out a transfer to you to make sure you get it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cost?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I'm not looking to sell it, but I wouldn't complain about anyone making a donation to the Mises Institute if I do a transfer of ownership, which would require me to renew the registration for about $10. Again, I'm only interested in transferring it if you have a liberty-promoting use for it. Otherwise, it'll be up for grabs, and there's no telling who might've already ponied up to be on a registrar's waiting list. So, I'm not looking to profit from this, as much as I'd love to since I've spent about $100 on a private registration for 5 years. There was a time when the domain was valued at $13k based on traffic, and I'd considered selling it for $2,500 to make a max campaign donation, but I preferred to have control over where it was redirected. It got a lot of traffic from people who thought it was the official domain.

Interested?

If I had it I'd just use it for videos from the 08 campaign.

fr33,

Something like that would be great, but it needs to get done.... and look good. I had visions of making it a 2008 retrospective site too, but I never made the time for it.

If someone paypalled you $10 could you just hold onto it so it doesn't fall into bad company?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I'm tempted to just set up an ebay auction to make sure only a dedicated person wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesubub View Post
    I'm tempted to just set up an ebay auction to make sure only a dedicated person wants it.
    you might get a worst enemy that way. Kristol's group spends a good deal on attack stuff.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sailingaway,

The $10 (actually $20 for private reg) is the least of my worries. I've actually gotten more interest than expected (offline), so I need to rethink this thing. I agree with you about keeping it secure, but I also want to make it productive. I have more free time now than before, so I could easily turn it into something nice that pulled in a little ad revenue, but that's not my main motivation. Recomputing.....

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    you might get a worst enemy that way. Kristol's group spends a good deal on attack stuff.
    Agreed, bad idea.

sailingaway,

The $10 (actually $20 for private reg) is the least of my worries. I've actually gotten more interest than expected (offline), so I need to rethink this thing. I agree with you about keeping it secure, but I also want to make it productive. I have more free time now than before, so I could easily turn it into something nice that pulled in a little ad revenue, but that's not my main motivation. Recomputing.....
    As long as it is going to a real liberty idea, not a hit shop, may you do well with it. I have no tech ability to make anything of it, but I would spring for the $20 so no one else could, if it comes to that.

Sell it on Flippa.com
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Sell it on Flippa.com
    we don't want bad guys to do bad stuff is the issue.

What about Israel Anderson from ronpaulflix? You think he'd want it?
    Last edited by presence; 01-18-2013 at 06:39 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

The 23rd is my birthday. That would be a fabulous gift.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

I've owned RonPaul08.com since 1/12/2007, and I've used it over the years to redirect traffic to the hottest thing going at the time, like money bombs, articles, and mostly the official campaign site. I've decided to let my domain registration expire, and my grace period for renewal expires on 1/23/2013. I wanted to give you guys a heads-up in case you have a need for it. If you can give me a good pitch for how you'd use it in the next few days, I might even work out a transfer to you to make sure you get it.
    would you keep it if I send you $20.00 + a YAL silver coin!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endthefednow View Post
    would you keep it if I send you $20.00 + a YAL silver coin!
    I really appreciate the gesture, but I can afford to keep it registered. That was never really the issue. After all the public & private feedback here & elsewhere, I think I'm going to keep it for a while and perhaps load it up with some content and links to good philosophical libertarian info. I renewed the registration earlier and redirected it to DailyPaul until I figure something out.

Thanks for everyone's input.