Thread: Wow. Canadians don't mess around when it comes to workplace safety (Video)

Wow. Canadians don't mess around when it comes to workplace safety (Video)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is the audio messed up on those or is it my system?

omfg. This is like final destination... :|
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Is the audio messed up on those or is it my system?
    Nah audio is good - couldn;t believe the canadians would air $#@! like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    After the shock of the first one... I got a few sadistic chuckles in.
    Wife and I were shocked at each one but we strangely kept watching damn it was realistic

Man that is too realistic.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank god we have big government to save us from ourselves!

"The company should have replaced that ladder years ago."

Thats a bit stupid considering it didn't break she leaned over and fell off it like a retard.

The first 2 were the best I really don't enjoy seeing dead people talk.

I'm not sure, but I think 2nd one (construction worker) is filmed in Houston (from the skyline). You'd think Canucks would at least use their own cities.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by weslinder View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think 2nd one (construction worker) is filmed in Houston (from the skyline). You'd think Canucks would at least use their own cities.
    That skyline is fake.

Wow, these are more of an appeal to emotion than actual statistical facts.

There were even several of them that were entirely the workers own fault; for example, the ladder one, the forklift one (he was going way too fast and rammed the stupid thing into shelves), and the electricity guy? If he wasn't trained to use high-voltage wiring, why was he doing it? Even if the company told him he had to do it, he still should have denied.

Interesting video, but I don't like the underlying tone at the end; that everything is the company's "fault"....also, I would bet you almost anything that this is a huge promotion for more government control and regulation over businesses.

It reminds me of what my optometrist told me about this one particular government agency; he said that they can literally walk into any business and lie/deceive just to get you fined. For example, one common tactic is that they will write something down, intentionally make a mistake, then ask for white-out; if the company doesn't have this full page of jargon telling about the work-environment dangers of using white-out, and what might happen if you drink it (WTFark), then they can get a fine that's over $1,000.

That's absolutely ridiculous; if you have a worker who's stupid enough to drink white-out at work, then chances are they're stupid enough to drink Drano at home.

Of course, as it didn't surprise me; this agency survives by making money from these fines, so they have every incentive in the world to pass even more legislation, so they can interfere more, and have much more of a chance to get more fines (and thus more money). Can anyone say corp.gov?

It's like the traffic-cameras; they have far less to do with keeping everyone safe (and from breaking the law) than they do with generating revenue for the city that put them up....and at the end of the day, the end result is more accidents, since people are so afraid to get a fine, they'll slam on their brakes if they're just about up to the intersection and the light turns yellow.

There was an excellent article about them over at Lew Rockwell; it was enough to make you sick.