Thread: Face Burqa Signage and Property Rights

Exclamation Face Burqa Signage and Property Rights

Face Burqa Signage and Property Rights

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2021...operty-rights/

By eric - May 4, 2021

Do signs have rights?

More precisely, are we bound by r espect for the property rights of store owners as supposedly expressed by signs that state it is “store policy” for patrons to wear a Facial Burqua as a condition of entry?

A number of prominent conservatives – and libertarians – have made the mistake of saying we are bound.

They miss the supposedly part.

It is the part that makes the assertion – supposedly – of property rights a red herring. A false argument.

For two reasons. They are: government and duress – essentially the same thing.

Face Burqa signs didn’t just spring up organically, the fruit of individual business owners freely deciding to require them. They sprang up almost all at once when business owners were forced to put them up as a condition of being allowed to remain open by the government, with additional coercion applied by corporations, which are creatures of the government. These corporations got together to decree the same “policy” at all their stores – thereby serving as adjuncts of the government.

Remember?

It’s very much of a piece with stores in Germany in the ’30s being expected – or else – to display the swastika banner and ban Jews – the “bacillus” – from entry. Certainly some did so willingly. But the point is it was almost impossible for others to not do so – else face the destruction of their businesses. The loss of their ability to feed and care for themselves – and their families.

It is a hard choice – but not a freely made one.

The government also applied force in other, more subtle ways – as by social pressure via the calculated, deliberate fomenting of mass hysteria; i.e., by using the threat of a population driven out of its mind by fear to get those Burqas on. Business owners understood that not going along with it meant the possibility of civilian reprisals – as in Germany, in the ’30s.

And indeed, the same basic thing happened. All it took was one anonymous call to the local Gesundheitsfuhrer’s office to have government sicced on a business that didn’t “mask” up.

Of course, by bowing to the threats, these businesses became complicit in the evil.

Perhaps understandably, in Sophie’s Choice kind of way – but that doesn’t change the fact of it. Their complicity further erodes any claim to the moral high ground – and our supposed obligation to obey – because no one is obligated to respect the “rights” of force.

Especially when it furthers an evil lie.

This is very important.

Face Burqa’ing is not a simple matter of etiquette, as in “no shirt, no shoes – no service” – the argument offered up by many conservatives and even some libertarians in defense of Face Burqa signage.

The signage propagates evil, seeks to coerce general complicity with it – as by placing a person who needs food – or his job – to show his affirmation with something he disagrees with by the forced wearing of it. And by forcing everyone to wear it, to make everyone complicit; to create a monstrous lie that it appears everyone agrees with it.

This of course strengthens the lie – and makes it harder for that reason to deny it, to reduce the harm it causes.

Another evil.

Being asked to respect a sign asking that you respect store policy to wear a shirt and shoes is not an assault upon anyone’s rights.

A sign demanding that you wear Satan Shoes – or a shirt that says you regard Satan as Number One – is a violation of everyone’s rights, particularly when it is . . . everywhere. Because of government – not the bizarre policy of a single (or even several) store owners, freely taken – without any threats of force emanating from the government for not posting such signage.

Another interesting aspect worth discussing is that government force – whether in the form of direct threats or in the form of indirect but no less threatening fomenting of mass hysteria – makes it essentially impossible to even know what the store owner’s freely taken decision would have been, in the absence of all these threats.

We know that before such threats manifested, many businesses did not post such signs.

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that many business owners despise the signs as much as we do, but post them for the same reason that a prisoner will “talk” when presented with the rubber hose.

Which, incidentally, is why testimony obtained via torture is considered unreliable (as well as illegitimate). A person facing the rubber hose – or the water board – will say anything to avoid the rubber hose or the water board. It is probable he would have said a very different thing – or nothing at all – had he been free to do so.

It is also why we usually feel some pity – some understanding – for the prisoner who was forced to shoot other prisoners or be shot himself.

It is even more important that this error about “property rights” be understood now that the signage is being changed. The new lettering will say than it is the policy of this business to only do business with – to only employ – those who have received “their” shot.

Once again, the perversion of a right into its opposite. “Their” shot implies property rights – in reverse.

Their true right to not have their actual property – themselves – violated by “their” (in actuality, the government’s) shot. Enforced by the threats, applied to privately owned businesses by the government – and by corporations that are the creatures of the government.

No one is obliged to have any respect for such signage.

Because of the government force behind it.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And if .gov doesn’t get their buy-in, there’s always eminent domain.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Eh. Don't worry. Eventually all of the face mask signs will go down....and the vaccine passport signs will go up.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Eh. Don't worry. Eventually all of the face mask signs will go down....and the vaccine passport signs will go up.
    Sadly, that is what the majority of the people want, at least in my area, bordering PA and Ohio. I can’t tell you how many times I am belittled, called names, flipped the finger, for not wearing a compliance mask out in public.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Being asked to respect a sign asking that you respect store policy to wear a shirt and shoes is not an assault upon anyone’s rights.

A sign demanding that you wear Satan Shoes – or a shirt that says you regard Satan as Number One – is a violation of everyone’s rights, particularly when it is . . . everywhere. Because of government – not the bizarre policy of a single (or even several) store owners, freely taken – without any threats of force emanating from the government for not posting such signage.

[...]

No one is obliged to have any respect for such signage.

Because of the government force behind it.
    So what does this mean in actual practice?

That is, what is one permitted to actually do with respect to a private business that hosts and enforces such signage?

Is one who refuses to comply with the signage entitled to force a business to provide its goods or services anyway?

By the logic of Eric's argument, it must be that the answer to this question is "yes" - because, by reductio ad absurdum, if one is not so entitled, then it cannot be the case that the signage (and the enforcement of the policy conveyed by it) is an "assault upon" or "violation of" one's rights. After all, any such assault or violation would entitle one to use force in order to effectuate respect for one's rights (because that is what is necessarily implied by the concept of "rights" in the first place).
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Sadly, that is what the majority of the people want, at least in my area, bordering PA and Ohio. I can’t tell you how many times I am belittled, called names, flipped the finger, for not wearing a compliance mask out in public.
    True story. My dad and I today went to a "greasy spoon" resturant. (Cafeteria style). They had a mask sign on the door but I saw people in there without masks so I didn't worry about it. My dad was halfway through ordering and I was about to and the woman behind the counter was like "You have to have on a mask." Now she had on a mask and she was behind plexiglass and I stepped back 6 feet, but she still insisted on a mask and brought us both out one. I figured everyone else without a mask must have had one on earlier right? Nope. later a customer came in, seemed to be a regular, and ordered his meal without a mask.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

True story. My dad and I today went to a "greasy spoon" resturant. (Cafeteria style). They had a mask sign on the door but I saw people in there without masks so I didn't worry about it. My dad was halfway through ordering and I was about to and the woman behind the counter was like "You have to have on a mask." Now she had on a mask and she was behind plexiglass and I stepped back 6 feet, but she still insisted on a mask and brought us both out one. I figured everyone else without a mask must have had one on earlier right? Nope. later a customer came in, seemed to be a regular, and ordered his meal without a mask.
    Should have went somewhere else. That's what I do. Every place I spend my ducats does not enforce their sign mandate. One thing I still do is keep a six foot distance. But it really has nothing to do with Covid. I'm fine with society freely committing to a six foot distance. And am willing to participate.

That is now illegal in FL DeSantis just signed the bill.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    That is now illegal in FL DeSantis just signed the bill.
    Good for him. Techincally they should already be illegal under HIPPA.

True story. My dad and I today went to a "greasy spoon" resturant. (Cafeteria style). They had a mask sign on the door but I saw people in there without masks so I didn't worry about it. My dad was halfway through ordering and I was about to and the woman behind the counter was like "You have to have on a mask." Now she had on a mask and she was behind plexiglass and I stepped back 6 feet, but she still insisted on a mask and brought us both out one. I figured everyone else without a mask must have had one on earlier right? Nope.
    later a customer came in, seemed to be a regular, and ordered his meal without a mask.
    I think I saw you recently: https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgo...on_the_subway/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yup.

That's coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    LOL. I only go for the animatronic version.

Can someone here recommend me a company that helps with buying a property in Playa del Carmen?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild View Post
    Can someone here recommend me a company that helps with buying a property in Playa del Carmen?
    I also was searching for a new property in Bishop, but I was surprised that the prices were so big. I'm wondering if they are still so big. Anyway, I was searching only for new apartments with 2 bedrooms for my family. This could be a reason why all prices seemed to be high for me. Anyway, due to this COVID-19 pandemic situation, I decided to move to a safer place. I bought a small house in Tulum. I was surprised when I saw the prices from this zone www.playarealestategroup.com. I am very pleased with the place and the house. It's near the ocean. My kids are enjoying it.
    Last edited by Peakirene; 05-15-2021 at 08:24 AM.

One of my local watering holes had a "please wear mask" sign that they completely ignored from day one. They've since taken it down.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Peakirene View Post
    You can try playarealestategroup.com

Smooth.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL

This scores points for technique, but it would be more impressive if "Peakirene" had quoted "ThirdChild".

Everything I have heard, it's better to go there in person and find your property. Then ask some expats for advice on a lawyer to help with the legal aspects. Apparently any websites will result in you paying way more, because most real estate in Mexico isn't sold that way.

Reminds of the time I dated Carmen. She accused me of running around on her. She said, "Look, Hot Sauce, I don't date no Playas! I said, "Honey, how can I be a Playa? I'm too ugly, and my dick's too small!"

`
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

"
    Face Burqa Signage and Property Rights
    This of course strengthens the lie – and makes it harder for that reason to deny it, to reduce the harm it causes.
    Another evil."

Facinating turn march-de-freedom has taken.
    Wish every political discussion had a contextual "Related" section to help show where we have been, where we are and where we may be headed.

Related
    Bush-Biden conervatives straight line journey from "Freedom Is On The March" to "Who Ate My Freedom.."

Bush: 'We're fighting for our way of life' (in Iraq)- Sep 6, 2006

2006: GOP Conservatives celeberate Freedom March In Iraq

US taxpayers funded Purple Fingers Freedom Revolution spreads across Iraq like fire in a dry forest

2020:
    Top GOP leadership disavows globalism and converts to isolationism, forced lockdowns, masks and military mobilization for warp speed vaccine drives