Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Petraeus mistress reveal secret CIA prison? New information on Benghazi scandal

Did Petraeus mistress reveal secret CIA prison? New information on Benghazi scandal

Did Petraeus mistress reveal secret CIA prison? Paula Broadwell may have divulged new information on Benghazi scandal

Aaron Klein | WND
    November 11, 2012

TEL AVIV — Did Paula Broadwell, the alleged mistress of ex-CIA Director David Petraeus, reveal a secret CIA detention center in Benghazi during a public speech she gave last month?

Broadwell, a former counterterror operative, co-authored a bestselling biography of Petraeus. She discussed the book during a keynote speech on Oct. 26 at a University of Denver alumni symposium. The speech is available in full on YouTube.

During a question and answer session, Broadwell was asked about the September 11 attacks against the U.S. mission in Benghazi.

She stated: “Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner. And they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that’s still being vetted.”

The existence of a U.S. prison or CIA detention center in Benghazi would be a new development in the debate surrounding the attacks there. The information does not appear to be publicly known.

Full Article:
    http://kleinonline.wnd.com/2012/11/1...ghazi-scandal/
    Last edited by FrankRep; 11-13-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I promise you two things.

1. We will never know the entire truth about what happened.
    2. Conspiracy theories will be spawned all over the place.

Again, I would caution anyone from ascribing to any specific conspiracy theory. (although, if you must and you think you know exactly what happened, go ahead) The PTB know that once things move into "conspiracy" land, they win. Because no two people ever agree on the EXACT same theory.

However, we all can agree that the reasons the conspiracy theories happen is because our government is not open. IMO, THAT should be the focus of our attention.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Totally agree Capt'. I could see the real truth getting declassified in like 50 years after everyone involved is retired and/or dead. But we definitely won't get the real story on Petraeus or Benghazi anytime soon.

FOX News Confirms US Was Holding Prisoners at Benghazi Annex?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTK67O1VkCc

Jennifer Griffen at FOX News today confirmed that the US was holding prisoners at the Benghazi annex near the consulate compound. US agents handed three prisoners over to Libyan authorities on their way out of the city on September 12. The prisoners may have been held in the compound for several days.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Again, I would caution anyone from ascribing to any specific conspiracy theory. (although, if you must and you think you know exactly what happened, go ahead) The PTB know that once things move into "conspiracy" land, they win. Because no two people ever agree on the EXACT same theory.

However, we all can agree that the reasons the conspiracy theories happen is because our government is not open. IMO, THAT should be the focus of our attention.
    Agree. No way to know exactly what happened. This latest tidbit could be the truth, or it could be a diversion. Hard to say which.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Youtube took the speech down... wow.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Man... FoxNews has their hands on it now.

Actually we may end up knowing the truth...
    It's just an opinion... man...

Sequence of events:

-CIA holding prisoners.
    -Attack and assassination of Ambassador.
    -Various excuses, accusations, motivations and politics.
    -Paula Broadwell gives speech revealing prisoners held there.
    -???
    -Presidential election.
    -Petraeus reveals affair and resigns.

It would stand to reason that the Obama Adminstration would come down hard on Petraeus after his mistress made that speech. How that played out would be interesting to know. Did Obama tell him to resign after the election?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would imagine that neither the Obama administration nor his cabinet knew prisoners were being held there. That's how the CIA does business. The Broadwell speech blew the cover, Clinton/Obama found out about it for the first time, and then the cover up until after the election began. I suspect he resigned on his own to avoid having to go testify on the attacks this week.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post

HA HA!!! HA HA HA!!! lol... HA HA!!! You are cracking me up! WHOA... LOL! Tee hee... hee heee hhee... whew...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Blowback? Who would have thought...

This isn't really a conspiracy theory though. This is an actual assertion by someone in the know.

Forget all this crazy talk, we should grandstand about how Obama didn't send in the goon squad to nuke the surrounding area with tanks and Marines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

LMAO!! HAHAHAH Make sure everyone tunes into Fox News now! It's where people go to seek the TRUTH!! HAHAHAAH

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This isn't really a conspiracy theory though. This is an actual assertion by someone in the know.
    You don't understand. A conspiracy theory is anything the PTB don't want us to talk about. Therefor we defeat the PTB by doing exactly what they want us to do and not talking about it. /sarcasm.

Seriously though. Look at the facts that are not in dispute.

1) The "video riot" story is BS.
    2) The "terrorists" blew a hole in the side of the embassy sometime before the final attack. (Makes sense if you're trying to rescue someone).
    3) The general's mistress, who also happens to be his biographer, started talking about some stuff that she apparently wasn't cleared to talk about.
    4) Obama promised to close CIA detention centers and we all know how much we can trust him.

That said, you can lead a horse to water but....well you know the rest.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-13-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

`Oh, what a tangled webs we weave, When first we practise to deceive!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Youtube took the speech down... wow.

Found link. Repair op link? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35dwmdGtig

"Classified" info at minute 35.
    Last edited by presence; 11-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

She basically told everyone what started the riot/attack, and it wasn't an offensive portrayal of Mohammed. It was, according to her speech, an attempt to free Islamic Jihadi prisoners being held there by the CIA.
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Forgetting literally everything else, biographer or no, there is no way on Earth his biographer should have had access to classified information. That's enough for dismissal right there, and possibly prosecution of Petraeus.

Quote Originally Posted by camp_steveo View Post
    She basically told everyone what started the riot/attack, and it wasn't an offensive portrayal of Mohammed. It was, according to her speech, an attempt to free Islamic Jihadi prisoners being held there by the CIA.
    1) real world demonstration of blowback.

2) makes the 'stand down' order even more insidious.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Found link. Repair op link? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35dwmdGtig
    fixed.
    ----

It's funny that all I hear on the radio is sex scandal nonsense, with hardly any mention of this very real scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Forgetting literally everything else, biographer or no, there is no way on Earth his biographer should have had access to classified information. That's enough for dismissal right there, and possibly prosecution of Petraeus.
    What if that "classified information" revealed that the CIA was holding (torturing?) native Libyans in an attempt to find those 20,000 missing missiles?

To me a free country has no "classified information" beyond nuclear launch codes and a few other things. Stay within your borders, work most things out diplomatically, and when military action is necessary, tell the enemy, "Here's what we're gonna do, this is when we're gonna do it. Try and stop us."

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    It's funny that all I hear on the radio is sex scandal nonsense, with hardly any mention of this very real scandal.
    Which piece do you consider the "real scandal"?

1. Petraeus sharing classified information (regardless of its content) with Broadwell.
    2. Broadwell blurting out classified information at the Denver symposium.
    3. Petraeus knowing more about Benghazi attack than has yet been made public, and Petraeus failing to act on it.
    4. Petraeus knowing more about Benghazi attack than has yet been made public and wanting to act on it but getting blocked by Clinton/Obama.
    5. The link between the CIA prison and the "rescue mission" to free the Libyans.
    6. The possibility that the CIA captured the Libyans in an attempt to find the 20,000 missing missiles.
    7. The existence of the secret CIA prison itself.
    8. Petraeus and Broadwell serving as the inspiration for the sex scenes in "Innocence of Muslims".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mostly #7, but yea lol, all of that. I actually haven't heard anything about #8 yet. Can you explain that one to me?

Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    What if that "classified information" revealed that the CIA was holding (torturing?) native Libyans in an attempt to find those 20,000 missing missiles?
    If you are going to blow whistles, then blow whistles. Leaking classified info to a mistress? unforgivable. Apples and oranges.

To me a free country has no "classified information" beyond nuclear launch codes and a few other things. Stay within your borders, work most things out diplomatically, and when military action is necessary, tell the enemy, "Here's what we're gonna do, this is when we're gonna do it. Try and stop us."
    Most classified info is classified to protect sensitive sources, to prevent informants from being executed, or protect HUMINT from being outed. Most of what's left is classified to protect methodologies and capabilities. Almost no information (outside of the Executive Branch of course) is classified due to potential political embarrassment. Inside the Executive Branch is almost certainly a different story.

Source: Served 4 years in Marine Corps Intelligence with a Q (TS/SCI) clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Mostly #7, but yea lol, all of that. I actually haven't heard anything about #8 yet. Can you explain that one to me?
    #8 was a joke :-)

Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Which piece do you consider the "real scandal"?
    All of those and you're still just scratching the surface of this.

This scandal is like the XYZ Affair, Teapot Dome, Watergate, Iran-Contra, Whitewater, and Lewinski wrapped into one!

I just know Hillary is knee-deep in this. This kind of crazy $#@! always surrounds the Clintons. It's their method of leadership. Scary.

god damn vipers, all of them
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

HA HA!!! HA HA HA!!! lol... HA HA!!! You are cracking me up! WHOA... LOL! Tee hee... hee heee hhee... whew...
    While I agree with you that we are unlikely to ever know the whole truth, it may turn out that we will need only enough. I am not terribly optimistic for the future, but I always bear in mind that people have ways of surprising you when you least expect it. I give about 98% confidence that we are doomed, but that two percent... you just never know.

Be realistic at all times, but even when things look hopeless do not despair because then you are guaranteed to be screwed. Never knowingly granting enemy even the smallest break. Make them labor terribly for every pathetic morsel they steal from you. Make their work as intolerably difficult as you can in even the smallest things. Be the greatest drag upon their efforts. What has one to lose by trying? I beats the hell out of laying down for them. To hell with that.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast