Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more boys and girls bathrooms

No more boys and girls bathrooms

Major remodeling going on this summer at my niece's school. All the bathrooms will now be for both boys and girls, together.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Hopefully this will encourage a lot of people to think about home schooling.

The $#@! they're putting into those soft heads is a bigger problem.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    The $#@! they're putting into those soft heads is a bigger problem.
    This is a physical manifestation of it.
    "The Patriarch"

This is a physical manifestation of it.
    True
    >_<

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

SMH. I am surprised they have all boy schools and all girl schools...they will be next.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How bout this? One room full of toilets, another room full of stand up urinals. Let the people decide. Or just say $#@! it altogether and put em all in one room and everyone has to use the same room! Kind of like... I dunno a good example, how about AT HOME? Do we have Boys & Girls bathrooms at home? Nope, didnt think so.

Oh, for the record, there are devices out there which allow women to urinate standing up...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Do we have Boys & Girls bathrooms at home? Nope, didnt think so.

Oh, for the record, there are devices out there which allow women to urinate standing up...
    For the record, having a bathroom for yourself and a separate bathroom for your DW is part of a recipe for happiness. Having separate boys and girls bathrooms in your home is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    That is me or AF minus the beard.

my niece is only 10, but I can't imagine what girls that are going through puberty would feel about this. And the boys not putting the toilet seat down or peeing on the seat, etc.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

my niece is only 10, but I can't imagine what girls that are going through puberty would feel about this. And the boys not putting the toilet seat down or peeing on the seat, etc.
    You think the boys want to hear the girls dropping a nasty ass bomb in the next stall over?

You know there is going to have to be new rules. Should the seat be left down and pissed all over it or should it be up? What about all that urine on the floor? Do you need to take a number to wash your hands or get a fine if you don't? Will bathrooms be like HOV lanes with big traffic jams outside and vacant urinals in the bathroom?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...me-steer-clear

But in practice, unisex restrooms may have far from egalitarian consequences—at least until the wider restroom-using public adapts to the concept. While washing my hands in one of the multi-user unisex restrooms, it struck me that all of the other users were also women. So I stationed myself in the hallway opposite the restroom door and settled down to observe.

Both women and men often hesitated upon seeing the unisex restroom sign, but whereas women proceeded into the restroom, the majority of men turned away. Why, I wondered, did men appear to experience greater discomfort with unisex restrooms?

To gain insight into this de facto gendered exclusion, I asked several colleagues about their attitudes toward multi-user unisex restrooms, and whether they had used such a restroom at the conference. Men expressed far greater discomfort, and were more likely to have avoided such restrooms. Their concerns centered on the potential for misinterpretation if they were mistakenly perceived to be watching women, and the possibility that their presence might make the women uncomfortable. Men who actually had braved the unisex restrooms stated that differences in gendered restroom cultures only added to their discomfort. Women are more relaxed and chatty in public restrooms and make less effort to avoid eye contact or adjacent stalls (Moore, 2012); both behaviors violate stricter male norms of restroom etiquette.

These findings are consistent with extant research: Despite paternalistic motivations for sex-segregated restrooms (Kogan, 2010), men express a greater sense of vulnerability and discomfort in public multi-user (single-sex) restrooms than women do. Concerns about “being watched and being mistakenly perceived to be watching” (Moore, 2012) result in strict norms of avoiding interaction and eye contact and respecting personal space (Middlemist, 1976). This apparently homophobic fear of sexual assault and stigma (if perceived as gay) might be alleviated by the presence of women in a multi-user unisex restroom, but instead men recast their anxieties into a heterosexual context. The fear that they might be perceived as watching women, and the fear that women might be made uncomfortable or afraid echoes men’s own experiences and emotions in all-male restrooms.

In reality, these fears may be exaggerated: Women did not express discomfort or concern about sharing restrooms, possibly because sexual assault would be unlikely in a crowded restroom.

Although initially interested in the present-day gender dynamics multi-user unisex restrooms, my investigation sparked an interest in the history—and likely future—of sex-segregated restrooms. Why are restrooms sex-segregated at all, even when they are single-user? Men and women generally share toilets in private life—there is clearly no biological necessity for segregation. Rather, according to author and law professor Terry S. Kogan (2010), sex-segregated single-user restrooms are a relic of Victorian-era prudery, anxiety over women’s entry into new social roles, and beliefs about women’s vulnerability. Today, the sex segregation of single-user restrooms has actually been codified into law in several states—a rule which proponents of “potty parity,” such as Slate writer Ted Trautman, argue is silly and inefficient.

B.S.

Especially for teenage girls experiencing physical changes.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

B.S.

Especially for teenage girls experiencing physical changes.

lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But in practice, unisex restrooms may have far from egalitarian consequences—at least until the wider restroom-using public adapts to the concept. While washing my hands in one of the multi-user unisex restrooms, it struck me that all of the other users were also women. So I stationed myself in the hallway opposite the restroom door and settled down to observe.

Both women and men often hesitated upon seeing the unisex restroom sign, but whereas women proceeded into the restroom, the majority of men turned away. Why, I wondered, did men appear to experience greater discomfort with unisex restrooms?

To gain insight into this de facto gendered exclusion, I asked several colleagues about their attitudes toward multi-user unisex restrooms, and whether they had used such a restroom at the conference. Men expressed far greater discomfort, and were more likely to have avoided such restrooms. Their concerns centered on the potential for misinterpretation if they were mistakenly perceived to be watching women, and the possibility that their presence might make the women uncomfortable. Men who actually had braved the unisex restrooms stated that differences in gendered restroom cultures only added to their discomfort. Women are more relaxed and chatty in public restrooms and make less effort to avoid eye contact or adjacent stalls (Moore, 2012); both behaviors violate stricter male norms of restroom etiquette.

These findings are consistent with extant research: Despite paternalistic motivations for sex-segregated restrooms (Kogan, 2010), men express a greater sense of vulnerability and discomfort in public multi-user (single-sex) restrooms than women do. Concerns about “being watched and being mistakenly perceived to be watching” (Moore, 2012) result in strict norms of avoiding interaction and eye contact and respecting personal space (Middlemist, 1976). This apparently homophobic fear of sexual assault and stigma (if perceived as gay) might be alleviated by the presence of women in a multi-user unisex restroom, but instead men recast their anxieties into a heterosexual context. The fear that they might be perceived as watching women, and the fear that women might be made uncomfortable or afraid echoes men’s own experiences and emotions in all-male restrooms.

In reality, these fears may be exaggerated: Women did not express discomfort or concern about sharing restrooms, possibly because sexual assault would be unlikely in a crowded restroom.

Although initially interested in the present-day gender dynamics multi-user unisex restrooms, my investigation sparked an interest in the history—and likely future—of sex-segregated restrooms. Why are restrooms sex-segregated at all, even when they are single-user? Men and women generally share toilets in private life—there is clearly no biological necessity for segregation. Rather, according to author and law professor Terry S. Kogan (2010), sex-segregated single-user restrooms are a relic of Victorian-era prudery, anxiety over women’s entry into new social roles, and beliefs about women’s vulnerability. Today, the sex segregation of single-user restrooms has actually been codified into law in several states—a rule which proponents of “potty parity,” such as Slate writer Ted Trautman, argue is silly and inefficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You think the boys want to hear the girls dropping a nasty ass bomb in the next stall over?
    //
    "The Patriarch"

I asked several colleagues about their attitudes toward multi-user unisex restrooms, and whether they had used such a restroom at the conference. Men expressed far greater discomfort, and were more likely to have avoided such restrooms.

Her informal observations about men's discomfort/women's comfort actually contradict this survey (below). This survey found men to be more comfortable with unisex bathrooms.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2013/0...uctant-share-/
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Women are more relaxed and chatty in public restrooms and make less effort to avoid eye contact or adjacent stalls (Moore, 2012);...

Maybe the reason women are more chatty is precisely because they're in a segregated bathroom. Do you actually think women are going to be chatty with men and make eye contact with men in unisex bathrooms?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Why not just build individual bathrooms with a door? Just call it a bathroom. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Why not just build individual bathrooms with a door? Just call it a bathroom. Am I missing something?
    More expenses in construction and cleaning.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    As Danke pointed out, space. It would take a lot of individual bathrooms to give kids time to go and get to class BUT having one on each hall for students confused about their gender or anyone else who wants to use it makes more sense than having gender neutral bathrooms. I don't think they want a logical solution to a kid having gender issues, though.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Tampons. It will be tough on the girls who need one and can't just ask from the stall. It happens a lot in school. And it will be toughest on girls your nieces' age who have started their period. Many have at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    For the record, having a bathroom for yourself and a separate bathroom for your DW is part of a recipe for happiness. Having separate boys and girls bathrooms in your home is a good idea.
    That's the truth. We thought having separate sinks would be enough but it's not. He thinks it's funny to drop stink bombs on me when I'm getting ready (we have 3 bathrooms, he could take a poo somewhere else when I'm in there) and he hates my "lotions and potions" all over the place. He's worried he's going to brush his teeth with the wrong thing one day.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Major remodeling going on this summer at my niece's school. All the bathrooms will now be for both boys and girls, together.
    Just got a neg rep fro RonZeplin for this post.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

When I took a forklift driving class back in November the building the class was held in had a bathroom for both boys and girls.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1257752601455669248
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Just got a neg rep fro RonZeplin for this post.
    what else have you done ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    When I took a forklift driving class back in November the building the class was held in had a bathroom for both boys and girls.
    did you get any girls in there with you ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast