Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: App Idea

App Idea

So I have this app idea and I need to know if it is possible with today's technology. Anybody up for a chat on this topic?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What would the app do?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    What would the app do?
    Yo dog, I heard you like apps, so I made an app that downloads apps so you can use apps in your apps.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yo dog, I heard you like apps, so I made an app that downloads apps so you can use apps in your apps.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

That's a good question of course, let me ask another. How does one keep somebody from stealing there app idea? I really think it could be a winner..
    What would the app do?

Long time no see Danno...

Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    That's a good question of course, let me ask another. How does one keep somebody from stealing there app idea? I really think it could be a winner..
    Just try to describe it in general.

Edited because I am paranoid...
    Last edited by reduen; 03-30-2017 at 12:22 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More importantly - does it already exist? Is it already in development?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I looked for it briefly but who knows...

I have an app that will identify wildflowers when you take a picture and so it is kinda along those lines..

Well here it goes and if anyone steals this idea and makes millions, please keep me in mind! lol
    The biggest challenge is to use image processing techniques to identify the item, if the user adds some data along with the picture, it makes it a bit easier.

To get the value, you would need to identify some data points, a big one is sale price for the same or similar item at retail, or via ebay, craigslist, amazon, google shop, etc. Most of these platforms have search APIs you can use to find pricing. Some APIs are not free, but should give you enough for free (in demo/developer mode) to know if it is worth paying more for better functionality.
    Last edited by CPUd; 03-30-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Did you get my message Danno?

Yeah, I would have to hire it done or some type of partnership. Does it sound doable to you though?
    The biggest challenge is to use image processing techniques to identify the item, if the user adds some data along with the picture, it makes it a bit easier.

To get the value, you would need to identify some data points, a big one is sale price for the same or similar item at retail, or via ebay, craigslist, amazon, google shop, etc. Most of these platforms have search APIs you can use to find pricing. Some APIs are not free, but should give you enough for free (in demo/developer mode) to know if it is worth paying more for better functionality.

Yeah, I would have to hire it done or some type of partnership. Does it sound doable to you though?
    Yes, it's doable. For image APIs, check out Catchoom and CamFind for starts. You might want to use 2 or 3 of these to see if their identifications agree.

Cool, do you have a recommendation as to the people I should talk to in order to get something like this done?
    Yes, it's doable. For image APIs, check out Catchoom and CamFind for starts. You might want to use 2 or 3 of these to see if their identifications agree.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cool, do you have a recommendation as to the people I should talk to in order to get something like this done?
    Sorry, not offhand. Maybe you could find someone on upwork.

Did you get my message Danno?
    Nope..did you only use two n's?
    Last edited by dannno; 03-29-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Well here it goes and if anyone steals this idea and makes millions, please keep me in mind! lol So I am thinking of a barter app that tells you what something is worth, by taking a picture of it.
    You should pitch it to the VCs. They are desperate to spend money on something. Take the seed at 5 mil, A round 20 mil. You need a powerful AI, or at least some machine learning.

// Deleted at OP's request.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 03-30-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You should pitch it to the VCs. They are desperate to spend money on something. Take the seed at 5 mil, A round 20 mil. You need a powerful AI, or at least some machine learning.
    A VC is going to want to see a working prototype.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

i want an offline voice translator that can also translate phone calls

Upwork does not seem to be the place. So far they all want me to tell them exactly what to do and then they will code it.
    Sorry, not offhand. Maybe you could find someone on upwork.

Heads up my friend. I shot you a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I do that with the Google image search feature. (Look up wildflowers) Just tested your idea by Googling an image on Craigslist and then running it through Google shopping. Yes its doable. If you wanted to build this as a web app I do that. We apps can be turned into phone apps using Phonegap. I'd be happy to work with you on this as I have time. Regardless i won't steal your million dollar idea. I'm already working on a few of my own.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    A VC is going to want to see a working prototype.
    Who told you this?

What the heck is a vc?
    Who told you this?

Long time no see Danno...
    I envy you.

What? Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I envy you.

Who told you this?
    A venture capitalist to whom I was pitching an idea. Also have you never watched Shark Tank? And when are you going to get better programming E.L.I.Z.A.?

What? Who?
    You. For going a long time without seeing Dannno.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast