Thread: Increasing risk of both Biden and Trump losing top donors... and 2020 races

Increasing risk of both Biden and Trump losing top donors... and 2020 races

Blunders of their own making. So goes funding, so goes the race.

Biden's blunder
    Trying to court 'White vote', Far Right demos that have been ditching Trump, he creates major donor problem with his recent comments regarding working with segregationists.

06/28/2019
    Joe Biden Loses Support From Top Donor After Segregationist, Hyde Amendment Comments: Report

Tom McInerney also told CNBC he didn’t think the former vice president had performed well in this week’s Democratic primary debate.
    By Sara Boboltz
    Former Vice President Joe Biden has lost support from a major San Francisco-based donor due to his defensive comments about working with segregationist senators and his history of supporting the Hyde Amendment, CNBC reported Friday.
    Tom McInerney told the news outlet he let the campaign know on June 20 that he had “pulled back my support of Biden for now,” noting that he also did not think the former vice president performed well in Thursday night’s debate.
    “I would imagine I’m not alone,” McInerney told CNBC of his opinion.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-b...b082e55368b188

Trump's Blunder
    Trying to court 'White vote', Far Right demos that have been ditching him lately, he creates major donor problem by supporting and meeting with Farage without asking him to apologize for his comments about US Jews (his top donor during last elections was Jewish)

Jews Should Concern Americans More Than Russian Influence, Nigel Farage Says
    By Nicole Goodkind On 11/1/17
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-russi...-brexit-698486

Nigel Farage says the 'Jewish lobby' has disproportionate power in the US
    Oct. 31, 2017
    https://www.businessinsider.com/nige...russia-2017-10

David Duke on Twitter: "The Truth About Nigel Farage & the Brexit"
    https://twitter.com/drdavidduke/stat...90578672025600
    Apr 26, 2019

The former head of the Ku Klux Klan has backed Nigel Farage for PM

Trump meets with Farage during London trip
    https://nypost.com/2019/06/04/trump-...g-london-trip/
    Jun 4, 2019

Related

Big sink: Troubling Fox News poll shows 2020 loss

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The more donors Biden loses the better.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Oh gawd, Hillary 2020?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I think this is gonna be more of a problem for Biden than Trump. How many donors did Hillary have? And still lost?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Oh gawd, Hillary 2020?
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I think this is gonna be more of a problem for Biden than Trump. How many donors did Hillary have? And still lost?
    Some troubling rumors are circulating again about her run, hopefully it's fakenews:

6 days ago

I bet Biden has lost more donors than Trump.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Biden campaign is bleeding cash.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden...163455869.html

Collectively, the expenditures have taken a toll on the Biden campaign’s bottom line and raised questions about its long-term viability. Overall, Biden currently has less than $9 million cash on-hand after taking in roughly $15.7 million during Q3 and spending $17.6 million during that same period.
    Asked for comment, a Biden aide noted that some of the cost of the private jet travel was for carbon offsets. As for the broader financial picture, Biden, standing outside of the IBEW Electrical Trade Center in Columbus, Ohio, told reporters that he was not worried about his campaign’s financial situation.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Biden campaign is bleeding cash.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden...163455869.html

Collectively, the expenditures have taken a toll on the Biden campaign’s bottom line and raised questions about its long-term viability. Overall, Biden currently has less than $9 million cash on-hand after taking in roughly $15.7 million during Q3 and spending $17.6 million during that same period.
    Asked for comment, a Biden aide noted that some of the cost of the private jet travel was for carbon offsets. As for the broader financial picture, Biden, standing outside of the IBEW Electrical Trade Center in Columbus, Ohio, told reporters that he was not worried about his campaign’s financial situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I bet Biden has lost more donors than Trump.

That is not surprising looking at some of the shocking allegations in media about Biden's son:

Published 10/18/1

How Fox News is handling Trump hosting the G-7 summit at his own resort

Joe Biden in Danger of Humiliating Loss in Iowa, Top Democrats Warn

Tyler Pager, Bloomberg
    October 29, 2019

(Bloomberg) -- Joe Biden risks a humiliating third- or fourth-place finish in Iowa early next year, according to nearly a dozen senior Democrats in the state who attribute the prospect to what they see as a poorly organized operation that has failed to engage with voters and party leaders.
    With fewer than 100 days until the Feb. 3 caucuses, Biden is failing to spend the time with small groups of voters and party officials that Iowans expect and his campaign’s outreach has been largely ineffective, according to 11 senior Democrats in the state. That could send Biden to a crippling loss behind Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttigieg, who have highly organized campaigns in Iowa, said the Democrats, most of whom requested anonymity to speak candidly about the campaign.

Biden didn’t join the 2020 presidential race until April, months after his rivals had set up camp and secured the most sought-after hires. He entered as the front-runner, a position that has slowly eroded as Warren’s and Buttigieg’s standings have risen. Recent polls have Warren tied with Biden, and one survey shows Buttigieg in third place in the state.
    Even though Biden told reporters in Iowa last week that he was “working like hell” to win, Democrats there say he has a lot of ground to make up.
    “I think it’s fair to say if action isn’t taken soon, you’re going to find that a person who was 7 or 14 points behind Biden will be breathing down his neck or actually ahead of him,” said Kurt Meyer, chairman of the Mitchell County Democratic Party. “There’s still time because the caucuses are not on Oct. 27, but action needs to be taken.”

A defeat in Iowa wouldn’t end the Biden campaign. He is heavily favored in South Carolina, the fourth contest of the nominating season, but it would slice into his chief argument -- that he’s best suited to beat President Donald Trump.
    The Biden campaign said it is confident in the strength of its Iowa operation, issuing a statement to Bloomberg News saying Biden has about 70 endorsements, with dozens more forthcoming. It also said that surrogates such as his wife, Jill, and Iowa officials have campaigned strongly on the candidate’s behalf.

news.yahoo.com/biden-danger-humiliating-loss-iowa-080000058.html