Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin: Libertarian BLM Protester Shot Dead

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    OK, fair enough...law and order that's my middle name.

I was just coming in here lambaste Abbot and the TX GOP again.
    I feel you, man. I was pleasantly surprised by this.

(Maybe that whole Tennessee situation is galvanizing some reaction and fortifying some spines.)

Abbot's finding himself on the front lines of this war, whether he wants to be or not.

Needs to happen to whole lot of other establishment GOP creeps like Mittens or Turtle or the Murk
    As things come more and more to a head, we'll see more and more separation of the wheat from the chaff. [1]

We'll get mostly chaff, of course - so we can only hope there will be enough wheat [2] left to see things through. [3]

"It is possible we will lose. It is impossible that we must lose. That is the white pill." -- Michael Malice

[1] I was going to say "of the men from the boys", but then I realized I am not a biologist.

[2] And I just realized I am not a botanist, either - but to hell with it.

[3] I am no apologist for the GOP - almost all of them are useless frauds - but of those who have sufficient position, power, and will to resist the rising tide of woke progressivism, all seem to be Republicans (even though too many of them are mixed bags). That's just an observation, though - not an endorsement of the party. At this point, I don't really give a damn what letter-in-parentheses follows their names - R, D, L, or I - as long as they offer more than just token resistance.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Oh there're "rogue prosecutors" on both sides of the isle bucko!

The idiots seeking huge sentences for drugs are just a guilty as the $#@! in this case so don't get to feeling all high-n-mighty.
    You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

A Soros paid for Marxist DA cobbled together a leftist jury, in leftist Austin and burned this man down.
    All roads lead to Soros...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    [3] I am no apologist for the GOP - almost all of them are useless frauds - but of those who have sufficient position, power, and will to resist the rising tide of woke progressivism, all seem to be Republicans (even though too many of them are mixed bags). That's just an observation, though - not an endorsement of the party. At this point, I don't really give a damn what letter-in-parentheses follows their names - R, D, L, or I - as long as they offer more than just token resistance.
    We have seen more than enough of what Clown World is hiding behind its mask to say without uncertainty, halting or stuttering that there exists an evil conspiracy within the US which has all but completely taken over all positions of power within this country. It has infiltrated all parties, agencies, bureaucracies at the national level, and many state and local levels, as well, and has likely infiltrated most private organizations with any non-negligible political influence. This means that there are just two types of politicians: Those who are a part of the evil conspiracy, and those who are not. There are any number of ways that those who are not part of the evil conspiracy can make that fact clear, such as opposing the Federal Reserve, proclaiming that Jesus is their Lord, openly contradicting the tsunami of lies that is Wokism, and so on. While no one can be held guilty before the law merely for failing to openly differentiate themselves from the evil conspiracy, I do hold every politician who has not openly opposed it as a possible conspirator, meaning, they are not to be trusted with so much as the office of dog-catcher. Guilty-until-proven-innocent in the court of public opinion, for those who hold power (especially public office), is consistent with the founding values of our country. The Founders were deeply suspicious of power and role-modeled that suspicion to us in many exemplary ways. We ought to learn from them...

Last edited by ClaytonB; 04-08-2023 at 04:40 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    As much as we would all like it to be so, there is no evidence that the quote above is a genuine Washington quote.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/05/26/fire-servant/
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not giving a penny to that rag to get past their firewall. Lol.

heh...paywall...

Tip: sometimes, you can post the link or title into Google and then click on the three horizontal dots, then expand the more options, and click on the cache button to view it for free.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Video of this or it didn't go down like this...Protests like this have people shooting video from every angle.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

OMG, that Trump is one racist SOB!

As much as we would all like it to be so, there is no evidence that the quote above is a genuine Washington quote.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/05/26/fire-servant/
    Meh, good enough for government work. There are countless misattributed quotes, and the whole rat's nest will never be untangled this side of heaven. Washington was no friend of centralized power and was clearly concordant with the American principle that the citizenry ought to be fundamentally suspicious towards government power, even when the righteous rule and even in times of peace and plenty. The failure of the last few generations of Americans to preserve this undying suspicious of power is what has given us the modern hellscape of Wokism. I'm not saying it's all their fault, only that we are certainly paying some cost for their failure to remain ever-vigilant against secret tyranny and remain maniacally jealous of our liberty...

“In politics as in philosophy, my tenets are few and simple. The leading one of which, and indeed that which embraces most others, is to be honest and just ourselves and to exact it from others, meddling as little as possible in their affairs where our own are not involved. If this maxim was generally adopted, wars would cease and our swords would soon be converted into reap hooks and our harvests be more peaceful, abundant, and happy.”

― George Washington

https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/st...03256570916865

Leftist RIOTS FEARED As TX Gov Abbott Plans PARDON Of Daniel Perry After Killing BLM Extremist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDhRtS-KLmY

I'm sure the pardon will be a good excuse to liberate some reparations from a walmart.

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
    Not even a mod? I don't believe it.
    "The Patriarch"

Leftist RIOTS FEARED As TX Gov Abbott Plans PARDON Of Daniel Perry After Killing BLM Extremist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDhRtS-KLmY
    I'm sure they will be Mostly Peaceful™.
    "The Patriarch"

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Daniel Perry murder case: Attorney files motion for retrial

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/dani...motion-retrial

By Amanda Ruiz and FOX 7 Austin Digital TeamPublished April 11, 2023 2:31PMAustinFOX 7 Austin

AUSTIN, Texas - An attorney for Sgt. Daniel Perry has filed a motion for a new trial after a jury recently found Perry guilty of murder in the death of Black Lives Matter protester Garrett Foster on July 25, 2020.

The attorney alleges in court documents that key evidence was kept from jurors.

The motion comes as Travis County District Attorney José Garza wrote to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to request an appointment ‘to present evidence considered by the jury' in Perry’s murder trial. Garza also wants to Board to hear from the victim's family.

The request comes days after Governor Greg Abbott called on the Board to pardon Perry.

In a 26-page motion filed April 11, Daniel Perry's defense team called for a new trial. This comes after a jury convicted Perry of murder Friday, April 7 for shooting and killing protester Garrett Foster in 2020.

The motion details why a new trial is necessary by claiming key evidence was kept from the jury which shows Foster and other protesters as the "first aggressor." Several photos were included in the motion. The defense claims those photos were from a month before the incident and show Foster attempting to stop cars using his girlfriend’s wheelchair as other protesters swarm the vehicles.

A transcript of an interview done with Foster the day of the incident was also included. When asked if Foster thinks he’d use his rifle, he responded, "Na. I think uh- I mean if I use it against the cops, I’m dead. I think all the people that hate us, and you know, wanna say **** to us are too big of a ***** to stop and actually do anything about it."

The defense claims that evidence would have proven Foster as the intimidator and prove these protests were not as "peaceful" as some testimony led the jury to believe. The motion adds the jury was subjected to outside influence.

According to the defense, a juror revealed another juror conducted research at home during the overnight break and presented that research to the rest of the jury. It was also said that an alternate juror did not verbally participate in deliberations but did make reaction noises expressing displeasure with certain comments made by the jury.

Daniel Perry sentencing to be decided by Travis County judge
    A jury found Daniel Perry guilty of murder for killing Black Lives Matter protester Garrett Foster in 2020. The sentencing might not matter, since Gov. Abbott announced he wants to pardon Perry.

The defense claims this is enough for a new trial.

At the same time, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles is looking into possibly recommending a pardon for Daniel Perry per a request made by Governor Greg Abbott.

The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles sent FOX 7 Austin this statement:

"Chairman Gutierrez, the Presiding Officer of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles has received a request from Governor Abbott asking for an expedited investigation, along with a recommendation as to a pardon for U.S. Army Sergeant Daniel Perry. The board will be commencing that investigation immediately. Upon completion, the board will report to the governor on the investigation and make recommendations to the governor. The Board has no further comment."

"There is no question that Governor Abbott's actions have weakened the rule of law here in the state of Texas, and they have weakened our public safety here in Travis County," said Travis County District Attorney Jose Garza in an interview with FOX 7 Austin Monday.

On April 11, DA Garza requested to meet with the board personally, so he could present evidence considered by the jury in this case. In a letter sent to the board, he asked them to review the trial transcript, evidence from trial officials, and request input from Garrett Foster’s family before making a final recommendation to the governor.

"My thoughts are with the Foster family. I know that they are heartbroken right now. I know that justice feels incredibly elusive for them," said DA Garza.

https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/st...03256570916865

https://www.dallasjustice.com/grand-...t-and-defense/

No Requirement that Prosecutor Present Exculpatory Evidence to Grand Jury
    Last year, proposed legislation was presented to the Texas Legislature that would require prosecutors to bring evidence that tends to exculpate (or clear) the defendant before the Grand Jury. In the words of SB 1492, “Prosecutors are required to disclose exculpatory evidence, which is evidence that is favorable to the defendant or tends to negate their guilt. However, currently this requirement does not apply to grand jury proceedings. S.B. 1492 would mandate that this crucial evidence be disclosed to the grand jurors to aide in their decision.” (Original Author’s/Sponsor’s Statement of Intent)

This bill did not make it out of committee. Until future legislative grand jury reform laws are passed, the Texas Grand Jury is not required (and undoubtedly will not) hear exculpatory evidence when considering probable cause to indict an individual for a felony crime.

What does this mean for criminal defense lawyers and their clients? No matter how convincing the witness statements or documents might be, there is no legal requirement that any evidence favorable to the accused be presented for grand jury deliberations. What the Grand Jury hears is 100% up to the prosecutor’s discretion.

The defense lawyer is left to strategize on whether or not informal discussions with the prosecutor are advantageous at this point. If the prosecutor is overly zealous in pursuing the case, then negotiations prior to a Grand Jury indictment may be pointless.

I wonder. If Kyle Rittenhouse had walked up on a car that night with his AR-15 and got shot and killed and there was no video of the incident and testimony from his militia brothers that he didn't raise his gun and testimony from the driver of the car that he did, would people here assume the driver of the car was not a murderer? I remember the debates here about Ahmaud Abery with people trying to argue that his murderers were somehow justified in chasing him down with truck and finally blocking the road and brandishing a shotgun at him. Had Abery been packing and shot and killed his assailants would that have been self defense? I watched that trial to the in. The killer admitted he never actually saw Abery in the building at all and he thought the person who had stolen the gun from his car previously was white meaning he had zero probable cause for an arrest. Whether someone is guilty or not guilty of murder should depend on the facts of the case and not the politics of the people involved. Based on the evidence I think the McMichaels were guilty of Abery's murder. Based on the evidence I think Rittenhouse was innocent. Based on the evidence in this case, which admittedly I haven't followed as closely, I'm not sure. But it's not a slam dunk miscarriage of justice. One thing I can say for sure. Don't go around posting on social media about who you'd like to hypothetically shoot. Rittenhouse and Perry both did that shyt. Two, Perry would have been well served to have a dash camera. Rittenhouse walked because, IMO, the video evidence was solidly in his favor.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Daniel Perry murder case: Attorney files motion for retrial

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/dani...motion-retrial

By Amanda Ruiz and FOX 7 Austin Digital TeamPublished April 11, 2023 2:31PMAustinFOX 7 Austin

AUSTIN, Texas - An attorney for Sgt. Daniel Perry has filed a motion for a new trial after a jury recently found Perry guilty of murder in the death of Black Lives Matter protester Garrett Foster on July 25, 2020.

The attorney alleges in court documents that key evidence was kept from jurors.

The motion comes as Travis County District Attorney José Garza wrote to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to request an appointment ‘to present evidence considered by the jury' in Perry’s murder trial. Garza also wants to Board to hear from the victim's family.

The request comes days after Governor Greg Abbott called on the Board to pardon Perry.

In a 26-page motion filed April 11, Daniel Perry's defense team called for a new trial. This comes after a jury convicted Perry of murder Friday, April 7 for shooting and killing protester Garrett Foster in 2020.

The motion details why a new trial is necessary by claiming key evidence was kept from the jury which shows Foster and other protesters as the "first aggressor." Several photos were included in the motion. The defense claims those photos were from a month before the incident and show Foster attempting to stop cars using his girlfriend’s wheelchair as other protesters swarm the vehicles.

A transcript of an interview done with Foster the day of the incident was also included. When asked if Foster thinks he’d use his rifle, he responded, "Na. I think uh- I mean if I use it against the cops, I’m dead. I think all the people that hate us, and you know, wanna say **** to us are too big of a ***** to stop and actually do anything about it."

The defense claims that evidence would have proven Foster as the intimidator and prove these protests were not as "peaceful" as some testimony led the jury to believe. The motion adds the jury was subjected to outside influence.

According to the defense, a juror revealed another juror conducted research at home during the overnight break and presented that research to the rest of the jury. It was also said that an alternate juror did not verbally participate in deliberations but did make reaction noises expressing displeasure with certain comments made by the jury.

Daniel Perry sentencing to be decided by Travis County judge
    A jury found Daniel Perry guilty of murder for killing Black Lives Matter protester Garrett Foster in 2020. The sentencing might not matter, since Gov. Abbott announced he wants to pardon Perry.

The defense claims this is enough for a new trial.

At the same time, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles is looking into possibly recommending a pardon for Daniel Perry per a request made by Governor Greg Abbott.
    I don't know how pardons work but my understanding is it would still be on his record. The "conviction" needs to be thrown out. We all know what those Antifa thugs were on the streets to do -- harass and intimidate. They didn't go to the level of Portland because they know Texas would shut them down in a heartbeat, but these are the very same crisis-actors being bused/flown around the country to block roads and harass and intimidate local citizenry with their street-thug tactics. Perry's vehicle was stopped by the crowd in the street and Foster brandished or pointed his firearm at Perry. That is a deadly-force situation, any police officer would have been clear under the law to fire in self-defense so, obviously, Perry also was. This isn't even a legally difficult situation, this is blatant legal persecution of someone for political reasons. There doesn't need to be a retrial, the "conviction" needs to be overturned and the charges thrown out, with prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    No Requirement that Prosecutor Present Exculpatory Evidence to Grand Jury

[...]

No matter how convincing the witness statements or documents might be, there is no legal requirement that any evidence favorable to the accused be presented for grand jury deliberations. What the Grand Jury hears is 100% up to the prosecutor’s discretion.
    This is at the root of why they say prosecutors can "indict a ham sandwich".

Based on the evidence in this case, which admittedly I haven't followed as closely, I'm not sure. But it's not a slam dunk miscarriage of justice. One thing I can say for sure. Don't go around posting on social media about who you'd like to hypothetically shoot. Rittenhouse and Perry both did that shyt. Two, Perry would have been well served to have a dash camera. Rittenhouse walked because, IMO, the video evidence was solidly in his favor.
    I agree with all of this - but I would add that, while I agree that "it's not a slam dunk miscarriage of justice" (which I take to mean that it's not obvious that Perry is "not guilty" [1]), I also don't think one can say that it's "beyond a reasonable doubt" that he is "guilty" [1]. That is why I support an acquittal or pardon.

[1] Keeping in mind that, strictly legalistically, "not guilty" does not mean the same thing as "innocent", and "guilty" does not mean the same thing as "not innocent".

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-13-2023 at 09:36 AM.

I don't see how you come close to 1 (C). 1 (B) maybe.

I also don't see how you get that he "did not provoke the person against whom the force was used" when the un rebutted facts are that he ran a red light and drove towards the protestors.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news...k/70096901007/

Perry's attorneys said he was defending himself when he shot Foster because Foster raised his rifle at him. Prosecutors said Perry instigated the incident by driving toward a group of marchers and that Foster was defending himself when he approached Perry's car.

Perry, an Army sergeant, was working as an Uber driver in Austin on the night of July 25, 2020, when he ran a red light at the intersection of Fourth Street and Congress Avenue and drove toward a Black Lives Matter march before stopping. Foster, carrying an AK-47 rifle, was among a group of protesters who approached his car. Perry unrolled his window and shot Foster five times with a .357 revolver before driving away and calling 911. Another protester shot at Perry's car three times as he drove away.

And before you say "Don't trust the MSM" there was video of him driving though I apparently no video of the seconds right before the shooting itself. You have social media posts of a guy that said he could shoot protesters and get away with it, he runs a red light, drives into the crowd...shoots a protester who may or may not have raised his AK47 at him, and he should get a pardon because......?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

This is at the root of why they say prosecutors can "indict a ham sandwich".

I agree with all of this - but I would add that, while I agree that "it's not a slam dunk miscarriage of justice" (which I take to mean that it's not obvious that Perry is "not guilty" [1]), I also don't think one can say that it's "beyond a reasonable doubt" that he is "guilty" [1]. That is why I support an acquittal or pardon.

[1] Keeping in mind that, strictly legalistically, "not guilty" does not mean the same thing as "innocent", and "guilty" does not mean the same thing as "not innocent".
    If the bar for a pardon is "A juror might have reasonably voted for an acquittal in this case" then there are a lot of people in prison who should get pardons.

I wonder. If Kyle Rittenhouse had walked up on a car that night with his AR-15 and got shot and killed and there was no video of the incident and testimony from his militia brothers that he didn't raise his gun and testimony from the driver of the car that he did, would people here assume the driver of the car was not a murderer? Based on the evidence I think Rittenhouse was innocent. Based on the evidence in this case, which admittedly I haven't followed as closely, I'm not sure. But it's not a slam dunk miscarriage of justice. One thing I can say for sure. Don't go around posting on social media about who you'd like to hypothetically shoot. Rittenhouse and Perry both did that shyt. Two, Perry would have been well served to have a dash camera. Rittenhouse walked because, IMO, the video evidence was solidly in his favor.
    Rittenhouse and Perry were both attacked by mobs with guns. Both took defensive action.

If Rittenhouse was part of a mob trapping someone and aiming a gun at them, then Rittenhouse could get shot, and it would be self defense.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rittenhouse and Perry were both attacked by mobs with guns. Both took defensive action.
    Perry ran a redlight and drove into a crowd of people. Rittenhouse was actively running from someone who did not have a gun but tried to take it from him. Apples and oranges.

If Rittenhouse was part of a mob trapping someone and aiming a gun at them, then Rittenhouse could get shot, and it would be self defense.
    No actual evidence besides Perry's word (the guy who ran the redlight and drove into the crowd) that a gun was raised at him.

Locally (within 1 and 1.5 hours), we had a few men with covid masks and some sort of antifia/communist slogans trying to pull over cars at a stoplight with drawn guns.

The media quickly buried the story, and I never found out if they were arrested or imprisoned.

Perry ran a redlight and drove into a crowd of people. Rittenhouse was actively running from someone who did not have a gun but tried to take it from him. Apples and oranges.
    One of the people chasing Rittenhouse fired shots before Rittenhouse was run down.

And how many people did Perry hit when he “drove into a crowd”? Where was he supposed to go? In reverse?

One of the people chasing Rittenhouse fired shots before Rittenhouse was run down.
    I'm aware of that. That's not the person Rittenhouse shot. That said I'm on record as saying Rittenhouse should have walked. But there was video and witnesses of Rittenhouse's gun being grabbed.

And how many people did Perry hit when he “drove into a crowd”? Where was he supposed to go? In reverse?
    Why did he run the red light?

If the bar for a pardon is "A juror might have reasonably voted for an acquittal in this case" then there are a lot of people in prison who should get pardons.
    Then there would be, indeed - especially given that the standard for a verdict of "guilty" is supposed to be "beyond a reasonable doubt".

If "a juror might have reasonably voted for an acquittal", then ipso facto, that standard cannot have been met.

(But of course, we don't live in the just-so fantasy world of grade-school civics-class textbooks, so ... *shrug*)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-13-2023 at 11:09 AM.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."

EXACTLY

Not only is Perry 100% clear under Texas law, but he had good reason to fear for his life in that situation. I cannot speculate about his motives, but short of Perry saying something like, "I am not afraid at all, I just want to kill you for sport!" before pulling the trigger, he was absolutely justified. You can even hear someone in the crowd bang or hit the vehicle in the dashcam footage. Being surrounded in a vehicle in that situation is extremely dangerous because if the crowd is armed and violent, the driver may only have seconds to decide whether he is justified to start running people over and, even then, escape is not guaranteed. A plainclothes police officer coming around that corner, surrounded, vehicle thumped on, and an armed rioter brandishing or pointing his weapon at the officer, would 100% be justified to draw and fire in self-defense in any state in the US. This is not a 50/50 case. It's not a close-call. Perry is one of a large and growing number of political prisoners of an out-of-control Injustice System in the US. It's time that we start cleaning out the courthouses. Corrupt judges, DAs, etc. need to go... I'm sick of this $#@!...

he ran a red light
    He took a rolling right-hand turn which is not at ALL comparable to running a red-light straight-through. Don't be absurd.

and drove towards the protestors.
    Um, they were blocking traffic, so where else could he drive??

... Foster was defending himself when he approached Perry's car.
    Please ponder the contradiction between the two underlined statements. Take your time and see if you can spot the contradiction. I'll wait...

And before you say "Don't trust the MSM" there was video of him driving though I apparently no video of the seconds right before the shooting itself.
    Here ya go:

The video exonerates Perry, hands-down. I'm not sure Perry's motives in taking the right-hand turn at the light, but it appears he was already being harrassed by protestors and was trying to get away from them when he accidentally ran into the main crowd. Even so, that is at most a traffic misdemeanor, on any other day it would have just been a citation. He clearly STOPs, which means he was not pulling a Christmas Day parade massacre like the wannabe thug from Kenosha. The fact he stops proves that his subsequent firing was not some kind of murderous rampage but was, indeed, a targeted act of self-defense.

You have social media posts of a guy that said he could shoot protesters and get away with it, he runs a red light, drives into the crowd...shoots a protester who may or may not have raised his AK47 at him, and he should get a pardon because......?
    His social media posts are not directly relevant and I wonder how competent Perry's lawyer really was in this case, it's pretty obvious that his publicly-stated political opinions about the ongoing protests at that time have nothing to do with this event unless you can prove that it was some kind of premeditated act, i.e. "I'm going to go kill a protestor and get away with it", and then he proceeds to do just that. Short of that, it's irrelevant.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 04-13-2023 at 11:23 AM.

Why did he run the red light?
    I don't know if he's stated his reasons for that, but are you suggesting that Perry was just on a rampage to run people over, or something? Because otherwise, even disobeying the traffic control by taking a rolling right-hand turn is irrelevant to the subsequent events. BTW, a rolling right-hand on red is a pretty minor traffic infraction that countless people perform every single day, I've even seen Tesla's self-driving AI do it...

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast