Thread: Tennessee Becomes 20th State to Abolish Concealed Carry Permit Requirement

Exclamation Tennessee Becomes 20th State to Abolish Concealed Carry Permit Requirement

Tennessee the 20th State to Abolish Concealed Carry Permit Requirement

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...t-requirement/

AWR Hawkins 9 Apr 2021

On the same day that President Joe Biden was pushing more gun control at the federal level, Gov. Bill Lee (R) was signing legislation to do away with Tennessee’s concealed carry permit requirement.

Lee tweeted a photo of himself signing the legislation to do away with the permit requirement. The tweet included a shoutout to the NRA:

I signed constitutional carry today because it shouldn’t be hard for law-abiding Tennesseans to exercise their #2A rights. Thank you members of the General Assembly and @NRA for helping get this done. pic.twitter.com/xv2ZenOEZq

— Gov. Bill Lee (@GovBillLee) April 8, 2021

The legislation signed by Lee takes effect July 1, 2021.

The Tennessean reports it “allows people 21 and older to carry handguns openly or concealed without a permit, along with members of the military ages 18 to 20.”

Tennessee will now become the 20th state to end its requirement for law-abiding citizens to get a permit from the government before exercising their right to bear arms.

The other 19 states are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-09-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is the weakest Constitutional Carry law in the US.

There are lots of problems with this bill... it only applies to hand guns, adults under the age of 21 are still not allowed to carry, it creates confusion on where people can carry (permit holders can carry more places), and it also creates new gun control prohibiting people with certain types of misdemeanor crime from carrying.

In short, this was a half-assed attempt to "do something" by the NRA and TN Republicans. Instead of passing a good bill that was well written, they passed this turd.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It is the weakest Constitutional Carry law in the US.

There are lots of problems with this bill... it only applies to hand guns, adults under the age of 21 are still not allowed to carry, it creates confusion on where people can carry (permit holders can carry more places), and it also creates new gun control prohibiting people with certain types of misdemeanor crime from carrying.

In short, this was a half-assed attempt to "do something" by the NRA and TN Republicans. Instead of passing a good bill that was well written, they passed this turd.
    Sorry to hear that, thanks for the update though.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Headline has a typo...TN is now state #20 to have "constitutional carry".

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I am pro Constitutional Carry.

I am anti Concealed Carry Permit.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Good for the people of Tennessee.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Texas may be next. Just passed the house 84-56.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Texas may be next. Just passed the house 84-56.
    Texas should be ashamed that it isn't already on the list.

And once they're on it, they should be ashamed that they weren't the first.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Perhaps Texas can redeem itself, with a true Constitutional Carry law:

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Texans used to say they were grateful for Oklahoma, because if Oklahoma didn't suck Texas would float off into the Gulf.

Since Oklahoma has been beating Texas to every liberty preserving law from gold and silver as currency to this, I just haven't heard that claptrap. Funny thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Texans used to say they were grateful for Oklahoma, because if Oklahoma didn't suck Texas would float off into the Gulf.

Since Oklahoma has been beating Texas to every liberty preserving law from gold and silver as currency to this, I just haven't heard that claptrap. Funny thing.
    Maybe if Oklahama can provide the balls needed to secede, Texas can provide the infrastructure
    - Kim Kardashian

Maybe if Oklahama can provide the balls needed to secede, Texas can provide the infrastructure
    The process is already underway.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lahoma-anymore

We don't need your infrastructure or y'all's strictly theoretical balls.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-16-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The process is already underway.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lahoma-anymore

We don't need your infrastructure or y'all's strictly theoretical balls.
    Yea that's going nowhere. Looks like y'all's balls are theoretical as well. At least Texas infrastructure is real
    - Kim Kardashian

Yea that's going nowhere. Looks like y'all's balls are theoretical as well. At least Texas infrastructure is real
    Well, at least you don't charge for baseless prognostications like the Psychic Hotline does.

You want to know what's not going anywhere good? A complete and total failure to correctly identify who the enemy is, where the enemy is banding together, and what tools the enemy is using is what will prevent good people from defeating the evil among us. You know. Dumb ass attitudes like this:

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    There is no such thing as "government". "The government" is an abstract concept.

To say that "the government" is the enemy, is the equivalent of saying that "the boogie man" is your enemy.

It is people who want to deprive you of your rights. It is people who want to exercise petty control to put you in cages.

And the worst offenders of these people? People who identify as the Left.

The "right" is not innocent, but as far as the field of battle against tyranny goes, the "left" is a target rich environment.
    Mary Jo Lolita, the self-declared Democrat who has never voted because she's still a sophomore in high school, is a bigger threat than Mitch McConnell? Seriously?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-16-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Well, at least you don't charge for baseless prognostications like the Psychic Hotline does.

You want to know what's not going anywhere good? A complete and total failure to correctly identify who the enemy is, where the enemy is banding together, and what tools the enemy is using is what will prevent good people from defeating the evil among us. You know. Dumb ass attitudes like this:

Mary Jo Lolita, the self-declared Democrat who has never voted because she's still a sophomore in high school, is a bigger threat than Mitch McConnell? Seriously?
    As long as Mary Jo Lolita doesn't vote, I have no issue with her.
    - Kim Kardashian

As long as Mary Jo Lolita doesn't vote, I have no issue with her.
    I don't care how much she votes, or how hard she votes. That Democrat has a long, long, long way to go before she could possibly ever be as big a threat to my liberty, health and safety as Republican Mitch McConnell.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't care how much she votes, or how hard she votes. That Democrat has a long, long, long way to go before she could possibly ever be as big a threat to my liberty, health and safety as Republican Mitch McConnell.
    If Mitch McConnell were to slip in the bathtub tomorrow and die,

the next day,

he would be replaced by yet another Mitch McConnell.

who was voted into power

by Mary Jo Lolita's parents.

If it helps clarify, I consider Mitch to be a Leftist just like the vast majority of Democrats. Republican/Democrat has no meaning to me. Left/non-Left is a more useful way to classify.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 04-16-2021 at 08:07 AM.
    - Kim Kardashian

If it helps clarify, I consider Mitch to be a Leftist just like the vast majority of Democrats. Republican/Democrat has no meaning to me. Left/non-Left is a more useful way to classify.
    Great. So instead of rebelling against the government, we'll appoint an ad hoc committee to determine who's sane and who's left, and rebel against them.

Of course, by then the government will have ripped our flank to shreds...

Great. So instead of rebelling against the government, we'll appoint an ad hoc committee to determine who's sane and who's left, and rebel against them.

Of course, by then the government will have ripped our flank to shreds...
    "the government" oh god not this again.

You could erase "the government" from existence, and within a week it would be exactly returned to where it is, because of the Mary Jo Lolita's of the world.
    - Kim Kardashian

"the government" oh god not this again.

You could erase "the government" from existence, and within a week it would be exactly returned to where it is, because of the Mary Jo Lolita's of the world.
    A week?

I know things happen faster in modern times. But last time it took 232 years to get here.

A week? No.

A week?

I know things happen faster in modern times. But last time it took 232 years to get here.

A week? No.
    Perhaps if you erased all the laws off of the internet it could take 3 weeks. So they can't just be copy+pasted.

So really, you should be fighting government + internet. As well as file cabinet systems just in case.
    - Kim Kardashian

Every tool known to man is a tool of the devil--part of the time.

The tools may be dangerous, but the devil is the enemy. And fighting the tools instead of fighting the enemy is a fool's game.

Yes, there are people who go into government for the right reasons, to "burrow from within". Most already gave up and got out, and the rest won't be far behind.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-16-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Perhaps Texas can redeem itself, with a true Constitutional Carry law:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

Mitch [is] a Leftist just like the vast majority of Democrats. Republican/Democrat has no meaning to me. Left/non-Left is a more useful way to classify.
    Indeed. The likes of Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi are utterly without meaningful distinction between them.

The only real difference is in the flavor of the otherwise empty nostrums they dispense to their respective bases.

But I would go even further and say that McConnell, Pelosi, Biden, et al. aren't even on the Left/non-Left "spectrum." They're all just establishment hacks. For just one of many possible examples, the Left wants the Supreme Court packed, but Biden and Pelosi aren't really down with that (though as part of those nostrums I mentioned, they'll pretend otherwise when it suits them - as Biden did with his refusal to reject the idea before he became POTUS, and the "commission" he set up to "study" the matter after he became POTUS). I suppose you could put them at the neutral middle point of the spectrum, just for lack of anywhere else to assign them.

What's most interesting about the Left/non-Left distinction is that what the Left has become is now so bizarrely skewed that many among its ranks regard people like Dave Rubin (formerly of The Young Turks) and Glenn Greenwald to be "alt-right" fellow travelers ...