Thread: Fed Chair says he welcomes inflation

Thumbs down Fed Chair says he welcomes inflation

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the fed wants inflation keep in mind though these last going into 13 years now of 1 percent growth and three percent inflation while pumping record printing debt/money supply will not be the standard. the standard will still be little to no growth with larger inflation. the peasants will get a lower standard of living . Even the wealthy will be losing if they kept FRN's , paper money will continue to lose value while physical assets or crypto may fare better .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-28-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Do something Danke

Inflation is how they keep consolidating their wealth and debt power over us.

What happened in Weimar Germany and Zimbabwe can't happen here.

Right up until it can.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Sorry, retirees! Suckers! You thought saving was a good idea - Ha!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

"welcomes" inflation. They sound so passive.

The Fed chair and board "welcome" devaluation and price inflation the way Toyota "welcomes" vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sorry, retirees! Suckers! You thought saving was a good idea - Ha!!
    My dad would be amazed how well i did spending it all instead of sitting on it , of course in his day the bank actually pd some interest.
    Do something Danke

He "welcomes" inflation up to 2%

Methinks he's gonna get a lot more than that

Be careful what you wish for buddy
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    He "welcomes" inflation up to 2%

Methinks he's gonna get a lot more than that

Be careful what you wish for buddy
    did you tell him when it goes to 4 and Texans are paying 9 for cigarettes he could be in trouble ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    did you tell him when it goes to 4 and Texans are paying 9 for cigarettes he could be in trouble ?
    I told him to keep on printing

so my stocks keep going up up up
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I told him to keep on printing

so my stocks keep going up up up
    When 1 800 flowers goes to 40 you'll be rich !
    Do something Danke

Anyone else want to know where all that "new money" goes? Here is a hint. The WORSE our economy gets, the HIGHER Wall Streets profit margins go and stock values go up. All that means is the VALUE of the dollars in your pocket is transferred from those who do not have the legal ability to print money to those who do and those who receive the "new money".

When new money is created, it can be spent at the old value, but spending it at the old value causes the value of the rest of the money to go down. One apple, one dollar. Print up a new bill (counterfeit it) and you can buy an apple for a dollar. Trouble is the NEXT person that buys an apple sees that the price has gone up to two dollars for one apple. They think that the farmer is greedy and blame the farmer, not the counterfeiter. They think the Price went up, but are typically unable to recognize that the VALUE of THEIR MONEY went DOWN.

Ron Paul: "Inflation is a hidden tax on the poor and the middle class"
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Oh Goodie. Can't wait to see rising prices everywhere we look.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Oh Goodie. Can't wait to see rising prices everywhere we look.
    despite inflation we can still get a 32" tv for 80 bucks which is beautiful
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    And my house has more than doubled in value in 8 years

Inflation rocks
    - Kim Kardashian

And my house has more than doubled in value in 8 years

Inflation rocks
    that's a lot of 32" tvs
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Anyone else want to know where all that "new money" goes? Here is a hint. The WORSE our economy gets, the HIGHER Wall Streets profit margins go and stock values go up. All that means is the VALUE of the dollars in your pocket is transferred from those who do not have the legal ability to print money to those who do and those who receive the "new money".

When new money is created, it can be spent at the old value, but spending it at the old value causes the value of the rest of the money to go down. One apple, one dollar. Print up a new bill (counterfeit it) and you can buy an apple for a dollar. Trouble is the NEXT person that buys an apple sees that the price has gone up to two dollars for one apple. They think that the farmer is greedy and blame the farmer, not the counterfeiter. They think the Price went up, but are typically unable to recognize that the VALUE of THEIR MONEY went DOWN.

Ron Paul: "Inflation is a hidden tax on the poor and the middle class"
    Yup. New money pretty much goes directly to the bankers. They call it "Open Market Operations", this is where the Federal Reserve buys securities/assets at "fair market value" but in reality that means, "purchases securities/assets at a price that the market wasn't willing to pay".

Plus of course the interest on excess reserves, which is literally, new money that goes directly to the bankers.

The only reason the economy hasn't crashed into hyperinflation, is because the bankers know better than to try to withdraw their excess reserves. It's better to earn 0.5% on 1 trillion for perpetuity, than to try to withdraw 1 trillion and just crash the economy.
    - Kim Kardashian

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I watch all of these that you post. It is kind of remarkable that the whole basis for his argument of whether there will be inflation is unemployment. I am not an economist but pretty sure that was disproven in the 70s. There is no tradeoff between inflation and unemployment.

Under Obama unemployment dropped and no inflation so you had headlines like this https://www.economist.com/schools-br...lift-inflation

The only factor that matters is money supply growth in the hands of the public. You had standard to slightly slow M2 growth between 2009-2020. You had the largest growth in M2 since the data first started getting collected in 2020.

When people have money in their hands they will spend it and bid up prices. Simple as that. The savings rate is 13%. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ates-by-month/. History has shown that won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I watch all of these that you post. It is kind of remarkable that the whole basis for his argument of whether there will be inflation is unemployment. I am not an economist but pretty sure that was disproven in the 70s. There is no tradeoff between inflation and unemployment.

Under Obama unemployment dropped and no inflation so you had headlines like this https://www.economist.com/schools-br...lift-inflation

The only factor that matters is money supply growth in the hands of the public. You had standard to slightly slow M2 growth between 2009-2020. You had the largest growth in M2 since the data first started getting collected in 2020.

When people have money in their hands they will spend it and bid up prices. Simple as that. The savings rate is 13%. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ates-by-month/. History has shown that won't last.
    All that unemployment stuff comes from that modern monetary theory crap but it is what yellen , powell and the house dems are using for a blueprint .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-24-2021 at 02:29 PM.
    Do something Danke

So , if savings rate is 13 , then 87 percent of the increased money supply in the hands of peasants will be spent even as it is increased by trillions .
    Do something Danke

So , if savings rate is 13 , then 87 percent of the increased money supply in the hands of peasants will be spent even as it is increased by trillions .
    The filthy peasants will not notice. They will be too busy scraping off fleas, or whatever it is they do for fun.
    - Kim Kardashian

The filthy peasants will not notice. They will be too busy scraping off fleas, or whatever it is they do for fun.
    Thats going to be a big increase in the so called money velocity. Home prices increased 13 percent in 2020 ( hows that for some inflation ?) . Deficit went 1 trillion in 2019 to 3.1 trillion in 2020 and we are there now ( probably 2.4 to 3.4) with the last two trillion and considering the three trillion bill they are planning now we could have a 6 1/2 trillion deficit and another 20 percent increase in homes ( lumber has doubled in the past year ) . There are only 1 million existing homes for sale , which all sell in 21 days and there is usually 1 1/3 million. So there is competition for those . Ten million less people in the work force than pre plague all living fat on unemployment bonuses .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-24-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Do something Danke

Looks like the ten dollar value meal , ten dollar cigarettes and 4 dollar gas are not far off .......... it is like your about to enter the 1970's dem dream economy on steroids .
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-24-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Technology lowers costs unless government is involved.

Home prices increased 13 percent in 2020 ( hows that for some inflation ?) . ...another 20 percent increase in homes ( lumber has doubled in the past year ) .
    But the government, and the economists who are funded by it, simply remove anything from the CPI equation that goes up in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    But the government, and the economists who are funded by it, simply remove anything from the CPI equation that goes up in price.
    All this full employment stuff is nonsense too . Look at work force participation , its always too low .We live in a country where just 6 in 10 work , of those only 2 in ten pay more tax than they receive . It is not sustainable. Full employment means nothing if they are just trying to get back to the 3 percent they are off from 2019.
    Do something Danke

welcomes inflation

So does some fat slob at Sports Illustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members