Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsi Gabbard to run for President

Tulsi Gabbard to run for President

Tulsi Gabbard to run for president
    By Daniel Strauss - 01/11/2019

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said Friday that she is running for president.

“I have decided to run and will be making a formal announcement within the next week,” she said during an interview on CNN's "The Van Jones Show."

Gabbard, a 37-year old combat veteran, has done little to hide her presidential ambitions. She recently made stops in both Iowa and New Hampshire and looked into hiring digital staff and speechwriters. She has also authored a memoir set to be released in May.

Late Friday, in a fundraising email, Gabbard said the reason she was running "has to do with an issue that is central to the rest — war and peace."

She also cited healthcare, immigration reform, clean water and air, criminal justice and special interest influence in Washington.

The Hawaii Democrat's entrance into the presidential primary field comes before an expected wave of similar announcements from higher profile candidates.
    "There are a lot of reasons for me to make this decision,” Gabbard told Jones. “There are a lot of challenges that are facing the American people that I'm concerned about and that I want to help solve." She pointed to access to health care, criminal justice reform and climate change.

"There is one main issue that is central to the rest, and that is the issue of war and peace," she said. "I look forward to being able to get into this and to talk about it in depth when we make our announcement."
    More: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...nt-run-1098629
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She is a typical leftist dud . Offering the same things as usual , more war , food stamps , dirty immigrants , taxes and extra expensive health care fines . She can never win a DNC primary or defeat trump . She would make trump look like an economic genius .
    Do something Danke

RPFs leftists tools will be busy on Wed running out to get her catalog .
    Do something Danke

Least $#@!ty of all the Dems but shes got no chance of getting the nomination or even be president. Only good thing I could think of is that if she ever became president, at least the first woman president won't be hideous.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Can she even be president? Her and kamala harris parents aren’t natural born citizens and Gabbard was born in samoa making her a US national as her dad, her mom is from indiana though.

She like Neil G of SCOTUS is a CFR member if I recall correctly news reports posted here. Though better than some hardcore Dem/GOP neocons on Foreign Policy & Debt Spending, her stance on Syria & Kashougi murder was bit too extreme and her rehtoric about sitting MAGA way too politically incorrect. In current political climate she probably won't go too far.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says Trump is "Saudi Arabia's bitch" in tweet

No worries for the people who oppose her. The establishment (via their MSM) have already started attacking her. This should be entertaining. Will they just attack her now, or will they black her out? Probably both.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Just as a reminder:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index

Dist.2: Tulsi Gabbard - 31%

H RES 397: NATO
    Vote Date: June 27, 2017 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    This legislation (H. Res. 397) “solemnly reaffirms the commitment of the United States to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s principle of collective defense as enumerated in Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.” Under Article 5, the member nations of the NATO military alliance “agree that an armed attack against one or more of them ... shall be considered an attack against them all.”

The House passed H. Res. 397 on June 27, 2017 by a lopsided vote of 423 to 4 (Roll Call 328). We have assigned pluses to the nays not only because the United States should stay clear of entangling alliances such as NATO, but also because the NATO provision that obligates the United States to go to war if any member of NATO is attacked undermines the provision in the U.S. Constitution that assigns to Congress the power to declare war. Moreover, the number of nations that the United States has pledged to defend under NATO has grown from 11 to 28 over the years, as the alliance itself has grown from 12 member nations (including the United States) when NATO was created in 1949 to 29 today. Although NATO was ostensibly formed to counter the threat from the Soviet bloc of nations, some of the nations the United States is now pledged to defend under NATO were once part of that bloc, including Albania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic (as part of Czechoslovakia), Hungary, Poland, and Romania.

H R 5293: Authorization for Use of Military Force
    Vote Date: June 16, 2016 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    During consideration of the Defense Appropriations bill (H.R. 5293), Representative Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) introduced an amendment to prohibit the use of funds in the bill for the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force Act. Enacted in the wake of 9/11, the AUMF authorized the president to “use all necessary and appropriate force” against the terrorists involved, as well as those who aided or harbored them. It was used as the authorization for U.S. military entry into Afghanistan in 2001, and over the years has also been invoked on other occasions by the executive branch to justify U.S. military intervention abroad.

The House rejected Lee’s amendment on June 16, 2016 by a vote of 146 to 274 (Roll Call 330). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because presidents have been able to claim broad authority to go to war whenever or wherever they choose under the AUMF, despite the fact that the Founding Fathers never intended for one man to make this decision, and under the Constitution only Congress may “declare war.”

H R 4909: Use of Military Force
    Vote Date: May 18, 2016 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    During consideration of the National Defense Authorization Act (H.R. 4909), Representative Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) introduced an amendment to repeal the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) that was enacted in 2001 for the purpose of authorizing U.S. military intervention in Afghanistan in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks. Since then, however, the AUMF has been invoked numerous times by the executive branch for U.S. military intervention not only in Afghanistan but elsewhere.

The House rejected Lee’s amendment on May 18, 2016 by a vote of 138 to 285 (Roll Call 210). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because presidents have been able to claim broad authority to go to war whenever or wherever they choose under the AUMF, despite the fact that the Founding Fathers never intended for one man to make this decision, and under the Constitution only Congress may “declare war.”

H RES 162: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
    Vote Date: March 23, 2015 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    Ukraine Military Aid.
    House Resolution 162, which calls on the president "to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity," allows President Obama to provide Ukraine with defensive weapons to defend against aggression from Russia.

The House adopted H. Res. 162 on March 23, 2015 by a vote of 348 to 48 (Roll Call 131). We have assigned pluses to the nays not only because foreign aid is unconstitutional but also because this bill would further interject the United States into a foreign conflict. Allowing the U.S. president to provide lethal arms to Ukraine in order to fight Russia is tantamount to waging a proxy war on Russia without the constitutionally required congressional declaration of war. The House, by giving such power to the president, is relinquishing one of its constitutional responsibilities.

H R 4870: On Agreeing to the Amendment 51 to H R 4870
    Vote Date: June 19, 2014 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    Weapons to Syrian Rebels.
    During consideration of the Defense Appropriations bill, Representative Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.) introduced an amendment that would have prohibited any funding in the bill from being used to provide weapons to Syrian rebels. Fortenberry noted on the House floor that "the rebel movement is a battleground of shifting alliances and bloody conflicts between groups that now include multinational terrorist organizations," that "sending our weapons into this chaotic war zone could inadvertently help these extremists," and that "it has already happened." He added: "The naive notion that we can deliver weapons to vetted, moderate opposition groups at war with other rebel militias gives no guarantee that our weaponry won't be seized or diverted."

The House rejected Fortenberry's amendment on June 19, 2014 by a vote of 167 to 244 (Roll Call 328). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because arming "moderate" rebels in a foreign country is tantamount to going to war, which would require a declaration of war by Congress. Also, the United States should follow the Founders' advice not to become involved in foreign quarrels

H R 4152: To provide for the costs of loan guarantees for Ukraine
    Vote Date: April 1, 2014 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    Ukraine Aid.

This bill (H.R. 4152), as amended by the Senate (see Senate vote below), would provide $150 million for direct aid to Ukraine. It would also provide for loan guarantees (meaning that U.S. taxpayers would be stuck holding the bag if the loans are not paid). And it would impose sanctions on Russian and ex-Ukrainian officials deemed responsible for the crisis in the Ukraine.

[ The Senate version of this legislation - offered in the form of a substitute amendment to the House version, H.R. 4152 - would provide $150 million for direct aid to Ukraine. It would also provide for loan guarantees (meaning that the U.S. taxpayers would be stuck holding the bag if the loans are not paid). And it would impose sanctions on Russian and ex-Ukrainian officials deemed responsible for the crisis in the Ukraine. ]

The House voted for this legislation on April 1, 2014 by a vote of 378 to 34 (Roll Call 149). We have assigned pluses to the nays because foreign aid is unconstitutional. The rationale for providing U.S. aid to Ukraine is that the country needs our assistance to resist Russian hegemony and build "democracy." Yet the oligarchs wielding power in Ukraine are hardly "democrats," and (because money is fungible) U.S. assistance could effectively be funneled to Russia in the form of Ukrainian energy and debt payments.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In just a couple of hours, heard the following on the news about the Gabbard announcement:

- She’s young and inexperienced, like Ocassio-Cortez.
    - Trump wanted her to serve in his Cabinet.
    - She is aligned with the alt-right.

Speaking of young, there has been talk for a while now about the Democrats (and MSM) liking the “kid’s table” debate set-up used by the GOP last time around. No doubt the Dems will use it, hoping to split off the non-approved candidates into a lesser venue. Their criteria for the kid’s table should be a riot. “We use a combination of fixed polls and smokey back room agreements to determine the top candidates who will participate in the real debate.” After all, the DNC proved in court that their Primary process is not required to be fair, honest or democratic in nature. It’s really just a show.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    She like Neil G of SCOTUS is a CFR member if I recall correctly news reports posted here. Though better than some hardcore Dem/GOP neocons on Foreign Policy & Debt Spending, her stance on Syria & Kashougi murder was bit too extreme and her rehtoric about sitting MAGA way too politically incorrect. In current political climate she probably won't go too far.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says Trump is "Saudi Arabia's bitch" in tweet
    I actually think she is as bad or worse than the worst . Actually , yes worse because she pretends she is not .
    Do something Danke

The Democrats have had 2 years to find a candidate that could go toe-to-toe with Trump. So far every Democrat thats considering running doesn't have the alpha male personality to contest him. I suppose Bloomberg could be Trumps biggest threat with his amount of wealth but hes not alpha enough and lacks a killer instinct.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I actually think she is as bad or worse than the worst . Actually , yes worse because she pretends she is not .
    Even worse than HRC or Ted Cruz or Rubio ?

While true she has had some bad positions , ties to accused genocider Modi and not a solid anti-war libertarian but she does break from mainstream neocons time to time and relatively unknown/blank slate candidate compared to some proven neocon lobbies puppets, fakenews/ fake frontgroup/ flip-flop candidates etc.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Even worse than HRC or Ted Cruz or Rubio ?

While true she has some ties to accused genocider Modi and not a solid anti-war libertarian but she does break from mainstream neocons time to time and relatively unknown/blank slate candidate compared to some proven neocon lobbies puppets, fakenews/ fake frontgroup/ flip-flop candidates etc.
    If you are asking if I would take Cruz or Rubio over her the answer is yes . I wold expect them to be equally bad on foreign and much better on domestic .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-12-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Do something Danke

If you are asking if I would take Cruz or Rubio over her the answer is yes . I wold expect them to be equally bad on foreign and much better on domestic .
    Yup.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Guess we'll have to agree todisagree on this. Maybe I need to learn more about her record and stances and but on paper she appears to be better than confirmed neocons tools/fake frontgroup public servants like Cruz, Rubio, various GOP-Adelson/Dem-Soros funded puppets etc.

Democrat Gabbard, who slammed Israel for live fire use in Gaza, to run in 2020

Hawaii congresswoman and Iraq veteran also controversially met with Syria’s Assad and questioned whether he was responsible for chemical attack on civilians that killed dozens

By Agencies and TOI staff Today, 6:53 pm

In this Nov. 6, 2018, file photo, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, greets supporters in Honolulu (AP Photo/Marco Garcia, File)

Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, who last year castigated Israel for its use of live ammunition against “unarmed protesters” at violent demonstrations on the Gaza border orchestrated by the Hamas terrorist group, has announced that she is running for president in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Can she even be president? Her and kamala harris parents aren’t natural born citizens and Gabbard was born in samoa making her a US national as her dad, her mom is from indiana though.
    Trump's mom isn't a "natural born citizen" either. She was a unaccompanied minor who came to the US from Scotland as a young woman in a chain migration to live with her sister who had come her before her. His grandfather (father's side) was also an unaccompanied minor who spoke little English. Gabbard's mother was born in Indiana (thus a US citizen) and her father was born in American Samoa. Samoans are considered "US Nationals" but not "US Citizens." Gabbard was born in American Samoa to a US citizen mother.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-12-2019 at 04:02 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I liked her at one time because she seemed honest and ballsy. Also Democrats with severe TDS really hate her. I am a libertarian/conservative and my main liking of Ron Paul was his dislike of foreign interventionalism so much so that I would have preferred Kucinich (with all his faults) over McCain. However I am not sure if Tulsi is actually trustworthy after reading up on her a little deeper. We shall see, I guess.

BTW, if Trump (with all his faults) actually gets us out of Syria and Afghanistan, I might actually become a supporter of him for 2020.

Gabbard's rhetoric on foreign wars, overall, is really, really good.. almost up there with Ron Paul. She genuinely seems like a good person. However, her voting record on wars is not good.. and when Trump decided to pull out of Syria, instead of celebrating, she distanced herself from the position which was very disappointing. She is also a member of the CFR which is concerning.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I liked her at one time because she seemed honest and ballsy. Also Democrats with severe TDS really hate her. I am a libertarian/conservative and my main liking of Ron Paul was his dislike of foreign interventionalism so much so that I would have preferred Kucinich (with all his faults) over McCain. However I am not sure if Tulsi is actually trustworthy after reading up on her a little deeper. We shall see, I guess.

BTW, if Trump (with all his faults) actually gets us out of Syria and Afghanistan, I might actually become a supporter of him for 2020.
    We can’t forget about her ties to Putin and Russia. There may be some collusion there. Better get Mueller to look into it. On second thought, he probably already is, and Hillary has everything they have found so far. This should be a breaking story at some point. Maybe from the WaPo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump's mom isn't a "natural born citizen" either. She was a unaccompanied minor who came to the US from Scotland as a young woman in a chain migration to live with her sister who had come her before her. His grandfather (father's side) was also an unaccompanied minor who spoke little English. Gabbard's mother was born in Indiana (thus a US citizen) and her father was born in American Samoa. Samoans are considered "US Nationals" but not "US Citizens." Gabbard was born in American Samoa to a US citizen mother.
    Aha! Born in Samoa! Not a citizen! Can’t wait until CNN questions her citizenship...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Gabbard's rhetoric on foreign wars, overall, is really, really good.. almost up there with Ron Paul. She genuinely seems like a good person. However, her voting record on wars is not good.. and when Trump decided to pull out of Syria, instead of celebrating, she distanced herself from the position which was very disappointing. She is also a member of the CFR which is concerning.
    Yeah. That's what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We can’t forget about her ties to Putin and Russia. There may be some collusion there. Better get Mueller to look into it. On second thought, he probably already is, and Hillary has everything they have found so far. This should be a breaking story at some point. Maybe from the WaPo.
    From 2008 to 2016 people talked about what s conspiracy nutcase that Alex Jones was. However, from 2016 on Infowars was nowhere near the conspiracy nutcase as CNN and MSNBC.

So their birth status isn't the same, he was born in the states.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    https://twitter.com/DanielLMcAdams/s...976354304?s=19

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Willard Mitt Romney's father is a Mexican, Chihuahua. Didn't stop the Reconquista Republicans from cheating Ron Paul out of the nomination though.

George Romney - born in Chihuahua, Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Interesting guy. From Sanders supporter to Trump supporter...

https://www.twitter.com/Lukewearecha...19905116229632

Has Gabbard ever been on any InfoWars shows?

The biggest indication that Gabbard is scam the wiki leaks Podesta breakup letter they got from the DNC establishment

Representative Gabbard, We were very disappointed to hear that you would resign your position with the DNC so you could endorse Bernie Sanders, a man who has never been a Democrat before.
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3609

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast