Thread: COVID-19 and excess mortality

COVID-19 and excess mortality

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Good video. So the bottom line is that a big reason for additional deaths from “COVID” very well could have been medical errors. Overdose of HCQ being one mistake. She didn't mention it, but putting people immediately on ventilators at the beginning of the pandemic was another mistake.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Good video. So the bottom line is that a big reason for additional deaths from “COVID” very well could have been medical errors. Overdose of HCQ being one mistake. She didn't mention it, but putting people immediately on ventilators at the beginning of the pandemic was another mistake.
    And that might be one reason why some poor countries have had better COVID results despite the lack of medical infrastructure or even PPE. They litterally couldn't afford to give the wrong treatment.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

And that might be one reason why some poor countries have had better COVID results despite the lack of medical infrastructure or even PPE. They litterally couldn't afford to give the wrong treatment.
    Yep. And in the third world, they buy HCQ over the counter, they are familiar with it and take the proper dosage.

The overdosing in the first world seems very suspicious.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

anybody want my archive of covid studies showing no benefit to lockdown?
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    anybody want my archive of covid studies showing no benefit to lockdown?
    Absolutely!

Bump for @Swordsmyth and @donnay. This is why I don't give the orange man "credit" for pushing hydroxychloroquine.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-27-2021 at 07:02 AM.

Bump for @Swordsmyth and @donnay. This is why I don't give the orange man "credit" for pushing hydroxychloroquine.
    In fairness to Trump, he didn't recommend overdosing people on hydroxychloroquine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought the point she made about HCQ was pretty weak. It's possible that there's something to it. But to establish that requires a whole lot more than what she pointed out. How many people took those doses? How dangerous is it to take doses that high? In short, how many deaths were likely caused by overdoses of HCQ and what evidence is there to support that number? I do think that a huge portion of excess deaths were caused by responses to COVID and not COVID. But if the number of deaths caused by overdosing on HCQ was in the thousands worldwide, that's a negligible factor.

This is a good case for bringing up the distinction between the seen and the unseen.

In some cases, we'll be able to point to specific deaths that were caused by government responses to COVID. But for the most part we won't.

There's plenty of research dating from pre-COVID about how economic downturns result in increases in numbers of deaths. But the causation is indirect. Nobody's death certificate will say that their death was caused by unemployment, underemployment, higher prices, closure of the business they owned, or job insecurity, and so on. There's a chain of causation with all sorts of mediating factors, like addictions, depression, stress, divorces, deteriorating health in myriad minor ways, etc., that come in between the economic costs of the Trump shutdowns and the excess deaths they caused.

So those costs are a good example of what Bastiat called the unseen.

On the other hand, a death that is actually caused by COVID (setting aside for now all the ones that are falsely attributed to it) is a seen thing, where the link between the cause and the effect is at least sometimes very direct.

When weighing two courses of action, where course A (doing nothing) has seen costs, and course B (doing something) has much higher costs but they're unseen, politicians tend to have a much easier time choosing course B. "We can't just do nothing!"

In fairness to Trump, he didn't recommend overdosing people on hydroxychloroquine.
    Drake doesn't care.
    Just like the MSM he gets the talking points from he only cares that they can be used to attack Trump.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Hydroxychloroquine has been used for 60 years...if you listened to any of the Fronline Doctors, they have had nothing but good results using it. Listen to Dr. Stella Immanuel's testimony.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Nursing homes deteriorate fast without being able to have contact with loved ones. One day the authorities who instituted these unconscionable measures will be brought to justice.

That's why I neither give him credit nor blame. HQ is a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Drake doesn't care.
    Just like the MSM he gets the talking points from he only cares that they can be used to attack Trump.
    Liar liar pants on fire. You and @donnay are biting Trump's nuts so hard you're contradicting each other. You say "Trump was talking about hydogen peroxide as a disenfectant." She's like "Oh he was just talking about light." The thing about the truth is that it doesn't contradict itself. If I was going with every MSM attack on Trump I would say he was a Russian agent. But I'm not so I don't.

Edit: And I guess you are too busy Trump-humping to notice that this video is the OPPOSITE of the mainstream media because she was pointing out that much of the excess COVID-19 mortality came from mis-treatment in the hospital. Oh and the ventilators Trump pushed for were killing people too. Only the MSM was actually demanding those, as was governor Cuomo. And Trump pushed for the vaccines as well. We'll see how those turn out. Currently the MSM is praising that.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-29-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Hydroxychloroquine has been used for 60 years...if you listened to any of the Fronline Doctors, they have had nothing but good results using it. Listen to Dr. Stella Immanuel's testimony.
    Anecdotal evidence. All well and good. Trump didn't report taking HQ when he had COVID-19 himself. He did take vitamin D and zinc though. I wonder why he didn't trumpet that? No evidence of those and other supplements contributing to excess deaths.