Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parents In Court To Evict 30 Year Old Son

Thats what chicago taxes do .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So I heard on the radio this morning that he's left his parents house but hes going to move in with one of his cousins.
    Should have that 3K from Jones snorted in about a week and a half .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Again true but now the taxpayers are going to be responsible for supporting for him rather than his parents which is expected in a statist society. Rather when it should be expected that parents prepare their children for life and this eventuality even if it means arranging his living arrangements and transition outside the family home so it would not be left to others.

If the expectation in life is that it is ok to procreate in poverty because the state will take care of your children then you should not be bringing kids into this world in the first place.
    This particular issue is about private property and how the parents want to use their own home. The parents are only legally obligated to provide for him until he reaches 18. They are way past that point. This is only a private property issue.

How dude plans to take care of himself and his 8yo son is up to him, and probably would be a good discussion for another threat. That would be the statism argument. This is private property.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Adding, if parents had done this when dude first dropped out of school, he might have learned how to take care of himself. He would likely have learned that parents are long-suffering, the rest of the world, not so much.
    #NashvilleStrong

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jesse Watters just got done interviewing him and he said he voted for Gary Johnson.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Jesse Watters just got done interviewing him and he said he voted for Gary Johnson.
    Of course he did...

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This guy....I hope he's not identified as a Ron Paul voter.

Word.
    Well, that was a close one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

...laughs nervously...

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There is really something off about this guy. He has the foresight to know not to talk about his embarrassing work history because it might affect his future employment but then he sees no problem mentioning who he voted for even though that would cast a negative light on whoever it is.

Also, you live in your cousin's sisters house? Isn't your cousin's sister also your cousin. I wouldn't be surprised if all this was made up distraction to divert attention from real news ala Stormy Daniels 2.0
    Last edited by juleswin; 06-03-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Ofc, typo

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    There is really something off about this guy. He has the foresight to know to talk about his embarrassing work history because it might affect his future employment but then he sees no problem mentioning who he voted for even though that would cast a negative light on whoever it is.

Also, you life in your cousin's sisters house? Isnt your cousin's sister also your cousin. I wouldn't be surprised if all this was made up distraction to divert attention from real news ala Stormy Daniels 2.0
    Not if she's your cousin's half or step sister.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Wouldn't that make her a half or step cousin?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Wouldn't that make her a half or step cousin?
    I guess so but who wants to waste time talking about their family tree on tv? I have a few "cousins" who are no blood relation to me and didn't even become part of the family until recently (late life second marriages). I don't call them my cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I call my cousin's step siblings my cousins or step cousins maybe? Still there is something off about him.

https://www.cleveland.com/business/i..._survey_s.html
    The U.S. Census Bureau found that 31% of 18-34-year-olds lived with their parents in 2016, compared to just 26% in 1975. Examining the state-by-state data reveals some of the underlying reasons.

The Northeast leads the way in percentages of millennials living at home, led by New Jersey (46.9%), Connecticut (41.6%), and New York (40.6%). All three states have high costs of living, including rent and/or house payments. In such areas, it simply makes sense for millennials to stay at home if that's an option.
    The news media really went out of it's way to cover this one individual despite the statistics showing a fairly high number of millennials still living at home. Since everything we see out of the news media is some form of propaganda I think there is a high probability that this story is no different since the propaganda benefits the two major political parties.

For Democrats, the housing affordability issue helps them since shaming poor millenials may give them a push to leave the home when they cannot afford to on their own and therefore require public housing assistance. More millennials on public assistance means more Democrat voters now and in the future.

The story also benefits Republicans by shaming poor millennials with the false belief that the economy is fantastic for jobs and wages so that millennials have no excuse not to be self supporting no matter the region.

This is no different than most stories that come out of the MSM, designed to benefit either party and corporate interests at the behest of Americans living in poverty.

Did you not read the part where the parents asked him to move out four months ago? And what about the part about not applying for jobs so he could avoid child support? That child is 8 years old. And dude does not want his parents to have any kind of access to their own grandchild.

Dude has a Camaro he won't sell. Dude pays thousands to store his stuff, but won't pay child support or rent to his parents.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Did you not read the part where the parents asked him to move out four months ago? And what about the part about not applying for jobs so he could avoid child support? That child is 8 years old. And dude does not want his parents to have any kind of access to their own grandchild.

Dude has a Camaro he won't sell. Dude pays thousands to store his stuff, but won't pay child support or rent to his parents.
    I did not see that in any of the news reports on TV that all had very limited details. Also did not see that in any of the original articles about the Camaro or paying thousands to store his stuff.

Not doubting again what you posted is true and agree with your points particularly on private property rights. But I think you missed the point I was making about why the news media covered it and made a big deal of it. Do you really think the news media gives a damn about private property rights? This was besides it is was clearly indicated his actions were a direct result of responding to statism - discussed early in the thread.

The cousin's sister might or might not be a step cousin but one thing is for sure she will surely be stepped on. Big Mistake letting this guy even visit your home.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I did not see that in any of the news reports on TV that all had very limited details. Also did not see that in any of the original articles about the Camaro or paying thousands to store his stuff.

Not doubting again what you posted is true and agree with your points particularly on private property rights. But I think you missed the point I was making about why the news media covered it and made a big deal of it. Do you really think the news media gives a damn about private property rights? This was besides it is was clearly indicated his actions were a direct result of responding to statism - discussed early in the thread.
    The media have been siding with this guy, and a little digging shows he has more than the claims to have. That makes him a deadbeat dad, and we all know how the media feel about them.

This guy is not a typical millennial. I'm not a fan of broad brush painting anyway. This is a 30 year old man with an 8yo son. The man pays less in child support that most people pay for coffee. The many is deliberately trying to work the system so he can avoid responsibility of any kind. People might find themselves back home with their parents for one reason or another, but few of them see that as some kind of goal. Most want to be out in their own homes forming their own families.

I think the problem with your article is that the choice seemed to be that he should live with his parents so we don't have to take care of him. The real answer is that the man should be taking care of himself and his child without having to rely on his parents or taxpayers.

The first step of the process is for the parents to reclaim their property, and they have done so. Hence involvement of the court. Clearly the man is no stranger to courts because he is way behind on his court-ordered child support.
    #NashvilleStrong

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-29-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    ...laughs nervously...
    I think your first thoughts are right, I'm just not going to come out and say it.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The media have been siding with this guy, and a little digging shows he has more than the claims to have. That makes him a deadbeat dad, and we all know how the media feel about them.

This guy is not a typical millennial. I'm not a fan of broad brush painting anyway. This is a 30 year old man with an 8yo son. The man pays less in child support that most people pay for coffee. The many is deliberately trying to work the system so he can avoid responsibility of any kind. People might find themselves back home with their parents for one reason or another, but few of them see that as some kind of goal. Most want to be out in their own homes forming their own families.

I think the problem with your article is that the choice seemed to be that he should live with his parents so we don't have to take care of him. The real answer is that the man should be taking care of himself and his child without having to rely on his parents or taxpayers.

The first step of the process is for the parents to reclaim their property, and they have done so. Hence involvement of the court. Clearly the man is no stranger to courts because he is way behind on his court-ordered child support.
    The media has been siding with this guy? What are you watching, since it has been a total $#@! show mocking the guy for again what I believe is to satisfy various state propaganda narratives.

I think you are giving the state a free pass for their role in this story. You are also using the term "deadbeat dad", a statist epithet against fathers living in poverty that demands government involvement in family life. The government has no right to be involved in the lives of families. You bring children into this world you are both equal parents, period. You completely missed the point I was making that it was likely those laws in the first place that forced the father to apply for the poor person exemption. The reason being to avoid jail time due to the draconian child support laws in some states acted upon by activist Judges that jail people living in poverty for failure to reach "ability to earn" a wage the state believes one can earn.

I do not know what to make about this individuals behavior but I do know removing access to ones children and putting a gun to a persons head and say "earn" or else will have a damaging psychological impact. For some it will work and others mental illness to a point where they are working around the state laws to avoid jail time or simply not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    I don't know how his custody/visitation court order read, but mine required me to pick up and return my children during specific time intervals. My ex was looking for any reason possible to cut my contact with my kids; and it seemed like I was constantly in court (paying for all three sets of lawyers: hers, mine, and the kids). Not picking up my kids during a visitation period is something she would have portrayed to the court as a disinterested father. I told my employer at the time that I wouldn't be able to work or travel for business during those time periods when I had visitation. The company worked with me on it. I suppose it helped that I worked with them as well - when I didn't have visitation I was putting in 55-60 hours of work for 40 hours of pay; but that's what the culture insists that guys have to do.

I'd be interested to learn why he lost visitation - because child support is not an access fee that a father pays the mother so he can see his children. I suspect the only reason he continued to qualify for visitation after losing his job was that he had the stability of his parents' home. And it seems like the only reason his parents put up with his behavior was that it allowed them visitation with their grandchild.

But yeah, it does seem like he's trying to make a crusade out of this. There's a certain luxury he has which affords him that opportunity - he doesn't have anything to lose. If I had done anything like he's doing, the system would have come after my house, my cars, my savings, my 401k's and anything else they could put their hands on. If he gets a job then he'll probably be saddled with the cost of everything: court fees, lawyer fees, as well as back child support (which was probably never reduced when he lost his job).
    Typical and it breaks some people mentally when it does not go as you described or the ex uses false allegations to gain the upper hand. Government does not care and along with their news media mouthpiece sleighs all single fathers as deadbeat scum while they take their cut.

Not sure what is going on really with this dude but to your last paragraph how many get to that point where the man just says $#@! it knowing the government will have their hand in everything and will take it all to divide between themselves and the ex for the next 18 years.

Men are forced to prostrate himself before their ex and the court in a totally humiliating manner like a beggar for time to see the children and to keep some of his own earnings as not to end up homeless. Then with a boot on his neck told to PAY UP and earn X or they will take all your licenses, throw you in jail to support the ex's lifestyle of living high in the hog on his money and in some cases her promiscuity in front of his kids. Meanwhile the difficulty level for him to find another relationship just went up with his new slave poverty status and whatever mental illness developed as a result of all this.
    Last edited by kahless; 06-07-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123