Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the purpose of this forum existing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    I want to expatriate, who has good info about it and how to do that?
    Where are you headed to ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I may leave Swaziland Sun , I miss my Land of Indians .

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    What everybody said.
    Lots of plus reps on this thread
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

I come here because the computer is in the room I smoke weed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I come here because the computer is in the room I smoke weed in.
    Good a reason as any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Visiting RPF here makes me dream in equal opportunity living color, though there isn't much cyan most of the time.

Could just be the nighttime lighting and all that teal.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Visiting RPF here makes me dream in equal opportunity living color, though there isn't much cyan most of the time.

Could just be the nighttime lighting and all that teal.
    This might help mix things up.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lor-Schemes-**
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

You know you're doing something right when outsiders continually infiltrate your site for years on end. No wonder you see these people on here every day or frequently: (mod edit)

"Fans don't boo nobodies."

--Reggie Jackson, Baseball Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

So this forum is to get Hillary Elected ?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    One big purpose for this website at present is to advance the cause of keeping Donald Trump from being the Republican nominee for President.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ....and Ted Cruz, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, etc..
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    I think Trump has the best chance at beating Hillary of the GOP candidates left in the race, Romney or Paul Ryan. CPUd will show you stats that indicate otherwise, but that is not the election that is what people currently think based on their current emotions and what they know now. Not that I support Trump, I won't vote for him, I just really hate all the other candidates immensely.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just when I thought there will never be a presidential election worse than the last along comes this one. Prayers for the American People.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

We need a new plan. A better plan.

RON PAUL 2020!
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    This is a pretty silly question. Ron is not running for anything anymore but he's still out there spreading his message on TV and his youtube channel, and we would like to help facilitate with that. Rand is up for re-election and we need to make sure the leading voice for liberty in the senate remains there for another 6 years. Walter Jones, who is the member of congress neocons despise most, is facing a tough primary challenge from a Bush crony and could possibly lose his seat. Amash and Massie are also up for re-election, although their seats are pretty safe. There are other liberty candidates too, such as whoever the Libertarian nominee will be, and there will be more in the future. There will never be a liberty majority in Washington, but having a few outspoken voices on the national stage sure helps to raise important issues and influence the national debate, and prevent things from getting even worse.

Besides liberty candidates, there are many other reasons for this forum to exist and for people to be involved with political activism. There is a ballot initiative in your state to legalize marijuana for example, which is still in the process of collecting signatures. Maybe you could volunteer for that. And despite all your hopelessness about how bad things are, that is an area where a huge amount of progress has been made toward increasing liberty over the past decade.

There are other areas where progress has been made too. I disagree with your assessment that war has increased. We have not gotten into another major war while this forum has been in existence. It almost happened with Syria, but the American public was strongly opposed, including many conservatives. That is something that probably would not have happened in the past, before Ron came along. Also an agreement was signed with Iran and war has been avoided for the foreseeable future. In regards to sound money and auditing the fed, no we will probably not have either of those any time soon, but great progress has been made in educating the public. Which may eventually bear fruit in the future.

Your apparent hopelessness that anything can be achieved to move more toward liberty is misguided.
    Your long-winded reply to a simple question could also be called a bit silly.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Giving up is FAIL.

Giving up, even in the face of certain destruction is candy-ass.
    And sometimes it's simply the best option and opens up to countless possibilities that would have been lost had you continued to chase a futile endeavor for the sake of not appearing "candy-ass."

I'm pretty sure the forum is here to make America great again!

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    I'm pretty sure the forum is here to make America great again!
    HMmm

This land is wondrous,, beyond osan's eloquence. and the people are pretty cool when you get to know them.. Coast to coast and all in between.

The government sucks,, but folks are realizing that.

I don't want to make America Great again. I just hope good people will protect each other.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Your long-winded reply to a simple question could also be called a bit silly.
    The idea that nothing good is accomplished here and we might as well give up because everything is hopeless -- that is something that needs to be thoroughly refuted. I know you are a very negative person who believes that kind of stuff though, hence your irritation with a post that goes against the hopeless narrative you wish to spread. I do not wish to see that narrative spread on the other hand, because it is counterproductive, counterfactual, and $#@!s on the hard work of a lot of great people.

And sometimes it's simply the best option and opens up to countless possibilities that would have been lost had you continued to chase a futile endeavor for the sake of not appearing "candy-ass."

What you appear to be saying is that you would prefer to exist on your knees, subject to the will and caprice of another man than to fight even in the face of virtually certain destruction.

You are entitled to that view, but I do not share it. What are some of those "countless possibilities" to which you refer? They would seem all to be those that might be imposed upon you by your master. They might even be pleasant, but so what of it when they are the product of another's will, imposed upon you regardless whether you want it? It appears you prefer the gilt cage, which is the greatly prevailing fashion of the Meaner. I have no objection with your choice, but because I have no interest in it at all, it offends me that others would require my dancing to a tune and having to pay for it. It is an offense in the truest sense of the word.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The reason this forum is still here is because many of us have been blogging together for several years about many things not just Ron Paul. We fight like cats and dogs, share information, console one another, and have our safe cyber space to come hang out with our cyber family. I hope Ron Paul forums stays around for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    We need a new plan. A better plan.

RON PAUL 2020!
    Well, it wont make sense to primary against Trump in 2020 so the soonest Ron can run again is 2024. If Ron doesn't win in 2024 we can try again with Ron in 2028.

In the mean-time, Ron should be busy endorsing people, in preparation for a possible 2024 run.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 05-01-2016 at 03:19 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What you appear to be saying is that you would prefer to exist on your knees, subject to the will and caprice of another man than to fight even in the face of virtually certain destruction.

You are entitled to that view, but I do not share it. What are some of those "countless possibilities" to which you refer? They would seem all to be those that might be imposed upon you by your master. They might even be pleasant, but so what of it when they are the product of another's will, imposed upon you regardless whether you want it? It appears you prefer the gilt cage, which is the greatly prevailing fashion of the Meaner. I have no objection with your choice, but because I have no interest in it at all, it offends me that others would require my dancing to a tune and having to pay for it. It is an offense in the truest sense of the word.
    And there you have it!

Couldn't be said any better...

What else in your life has purpose for existing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    What else in your life has purpose for existing anymore?
    I took five of the Grandkids for a walk down the creek this afternoon . Hope they can afford the property taxes when I am gone to keep the place .

Bryan has taken on the forum and is going to try and give it a new identity and purpose. Im really excited to see how things progress

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Bryan has taken on the forum and is going to try and give it a new identity and purpose. Im really excited to see how things progress
    Bryan should have paid more attention to all of those Sola_Fide discussions.

Bryan is trying to do something even God knew was impossible. Bryan is trying to create a set of rules which is devoid of loopholes, which encapsulate, preserve, protect and defend the spirit of the law through the letter of the law.

It's a fool's game that even Jesus did not attempt. Jesus told parables, and let those with eyes to see and ears to hear get the message. Jesus openly flouted the letter of the law in order to elevate the spirit of the law above it.

Now you have what amounts to a distraction going on during the election season, like the Marquis de Quensbury Rules being rewritten during the heavyweight title bout. How is the activism to work around that?

I remember when this forum had purpose. It's purpose was not to give each individual free speech no matter how disruptive it was. It's purpose was to give ideas counter to the mainstream agenda an outlet where this particular bit of free speech could be heard above the fifty billion watts if paid speech blaring out of every media outlet.

Just look at the new posts board now. Have fun hanging around just another mainstream echo chamber, people...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-01-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Bryan should have paid more attention to all of those Sola_Fide discussions.

Bryan is trying to do something even God knew was impossible. Bryan is trying to create a set of rules which is devoid of loopholes, which encapsulate, preserve, protect and defend the spirit of the law through the letter of the law.

It's a fool's game that even Jesus did not attempt. Jesus told parables, and let those with eyes to see and ears to hear get the message. Jesus openly flouted the letter of the law in order to elevate the spirit of the law above it.

Now you have what amounts to a distraction going on during the election season, like the Marquis de Quensbury Rules being rewritten during the heavyweight title bout. How is the activism to work around that?

I remember when this forum had purpose. It's purpose was not to give each individual free speech no matter how disruptive it was. It's purpose was to give ideas counter to the mainstream agenda an outlet where this particular bit of free speech could be heard above the fifty billion watts if paid speech blaring out of every media outlet.

Just look at the new posts board now. Have fun hanging around just another mainstream echo chamber, people...
    Personally, I'm excited about Bryan's attention to the site. He seems to have a plan and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I don't see where counter ideas are being suppressed.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

I'm still posting my opinions........

If that's your view, then violence might be the answer for you. Why change the system from the inside, acting like you're engaged in some hot battle when all you're really doing is negotiating? If you want to have the freedom to live your life to the fullest, then stop paying attention to every little infraction and just go out there and live your life to the fullest. Crying and whining and trying to change things from the inside are pointless. If you really want to not be candy-ass, as it were, then go overthrow the goddamn government. Fight back against the police. Be a rebel for real. If all you're really doing is talking, then you're no less candy-ass than I am for no longer trying to negotiate the system in hopes of somehow making things a little better in your lifetime, if that were ever possible. For now, I'm living my life to quite a full extent out of the grasp of the American government and although the land I'm in now is also somewhat oppressive, I find it easier to stomach since I'm not brave enough to start a violent revolution, and I doubt you are either.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    The idea that nothing good is accomplished here and we might as well give up because everything is hopeless -- that is something that needs to be thoroughly refuted. I know you are a very negative person who believes that kind of stuff though, hence your irritation with a post that goes against the hopeless narrative you wish to spread. I do not wish to see that narrative spread on the other hand, because it is counterproductive, counterfactual, and $#@!s on the hard work of a lot of great people.
    You calling my narrative hopeless is like calling Ron Paul an isolationist. I'm one of the most hopeful people on this forum because I believe there is still hope to live your life fully without spending your time and resources trying to change the system from the inside. The people who blindly cling to a cause as if it's the only thing in life worth fighting for are the hopeless ones. Only once you stop acting like changing the government is the only way to make a better future can you truly ACT to make a better future for yourself by plunging into the market of ideas, coming up with new and creative ways to help people who need it, providing a service, making connections, and doing what you want with your life. The ones who act like they can only live freely by changing the system are the ones who are truly on their knees. There are other ways to fight the system beside the ballot box, like giving people something they want so much that they are willing to fight the system with you just to get whatever it is you are giving them. Either that, or take over the damn capitol. My narrative is not hopeless, it's enlightening and truly freeing, a new attitude that helps you see the world not as a series of ballot boxes, but an endless sea of opportunities that have nothing to do with elections or politics or voting. That's all pointless. Life is still out there to live if you're willing to face the reality and go seek it even against the odds. That's truly the only way to not be candy-ass. Make a life and fight for that life. Don't fight for the system.

If that's your view, then violence might be the answer for you. Why change the system from the inside, acting like you're engaged in some hot battle when all you're really doing is negotiating? If you want to have the freedom to live your life to the fullest, then stop paying attention to every little infraction and just go out there and live your life to the fullest. Crying and whining and trying to change things from the inside are pointless. If you really want to not be candy-ass, as it were, then go overthrow the goddamn government. Fight back against the police. Be a rebel for real. If all you're really doing is talking, then you're no less candy-ass than I am for no longer trying to negotiate the system in hopes of somehow making things a little better in your lifetime, if that were ever possible. For now, I'm living my life to quite a full extent out of the grasp of the American government and although the land I'm in now is also somewhat oppressive, I find it easier to stomach since I'm not brave enough to start a violent revolution, and I doubt you are either.
    The hell?

This is so failed, I don't even know what to say in response.

It is clear we will not agree, so I will simply drop it and declare you the winner.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast