Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There is No Immigrant Flood, They Can't Get Welfare, and They Don't Commit More Crime

There is No Immigrant Flood, They Can't Get Welfare, and They Don't Commit More Crime

https://hubpages.com/politics/There-...mit-More-Crime

It's a rare thing for a journalist to get a scoop that blows the lid off a story which is taking the headlines of the day, much less to find that scoop in ordinary, credible sources on the Internet. But - whether a Trump supporter or not - an objective look at the available information shows that illegal immigrants, although still illegal, are getting a bad rap. No one needs to stop being concerned about the problem, if that is where one's passions lie. But honesty compels we on the reporting side to acknowledge the truth, which is the opposite of common misconceptions. There is not a sudden, recent flood of illegal immigrants. They do not come up here for the welfare. And they tend to commit less crimes of all kinds than native born Americans.
    Which is not to say that it is not everyone's right to hate on anyone they want. That's part of freedom too. But to base opprobrium on reasons that are non-existent might call for a fact-check. So in the interest of this, here we go.
    Myth Number One: The problem is worse than ever, with an unprecedented wave of brown people attempting to swamp our beautiful, mostly white country. Fact: Makes a good Doomsday movie, but the facts are startling. Border Patrol data shows the number of apprehensions of people crossing the Mexican border illegally to have plunged since 2011 to 1970s levels. This, in tandem with data showing that the rough number of illegals in the US has stayed the same in that time means that at least as many are leaving as are coming in.
    Sure, not as fun as chanting "Build the Wall!" for our Orwellian Two Minutes of Hate at a Trump rally, but unless the government's own figures are way off, it is an inescapable conclusion.>>>> READ FULL ARTICLE https://hubpages.com/politics/There-is-No-Immigrant-Flood-They-Cant-Get-Welfare-and-They-Dont-Commit-More-Crime

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

When all else fails, Liberal media throws up a photo of 'MOTHER AND CHILD'
    Never ms13 gang bangers , Felons, repeat felons, murderers ,repeat murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    illegal immigrants, although still illegal
    What will it take to get people to stop using the word "illegal" this way?

When someone commits an illegal act, the adjective "illegal" can be used to describe the act, but not the person. Otherwise, every single one of us is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

When someone commits an illegal act, the adjective "illegal" can be used to describe the act, but not the person. Otherwise, every single one of us is illegal.
    Trespassing migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Trespassing migrants.
    Trespassing is something else entirely. Natural-born citizens trespass all the time. And people who at some time in the past entered the US illegally or overstayed their visas, may live their entire lives here subsequent to that without trespassing anywhere. And if at any point in time they do trespass on someone's privately owned property, the fact that they at some point in the past broke an immigration law is totally irrelevant to the question of whether or not they're trespassing.

Probably when they come here legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Probably when they come here legally.
    That's a stupid reason, don't you think?

They will still be people who have at some point in their lives done something illegal (like 100% of us have). And that's the entire basis anybody has for calling them illegal.

Invaders is much better.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, we are all 'illegal' cause we know what it means and don't care,
    and I'm 'deplorable' , but I'm not an illegal alien.
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 01-16-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Would you prefer the term:
    Immigrant formerly known as illegal?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Organizer of new caravan to U.S. arrested for rape

An organizer of the latest migrant caravan was arrested on rape charges in Honduras.

Juan Carlos Molina, the subject of an arrest warrant since August 2015, was on his way to the United States to seek asylum after raping his minor cousin, Diario La Tribuna reported, according to the Gateway Pundit.

The paper said Molina, 26, is accused of sneaking into the bedroom of his cousin, 12, at night while the girl’s mother was away at work.

The minor child became pregnant and gave birth to a son, the paper said. A DNA test of the infant Molina’s.

Molina skipped court dates and ultimately became a fugitive. He would have made it to the U.S. if he had not been arrested, the Gateway Pundit noted.

The new caravan of an estimated 800 migrants left San Pedro Sula, Honduras, on Monday.

Breitbart News reported Miguel Perez, the sub-director of the Honduran Border Police, said that at the time of his arrest, Molina had fake IDs.

The new caravan, Breitbart noted, comes as the Mexican border city of Tijuana continues to deal with thousands of members of the first caravan who are still waiting to enter the U.S. to request asylum.

Tijuana officials say they lack support from the Mexican federal government to provide food shelters and other basic needs for members of the first caravan.

https://www.wnd.com/2019/01/organize...sted-for-rape/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump says border security is tight.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump says border security is tight.
    Relatively.

How is it that liberals understand the concept of relativity when they want to (moral/cultural relativism etc.) but they "can't" understand it when conservatives use it legitimately?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Relatively.

How is it that liberals understand the concept of relativity when they want to (moral/cultural relativism etc.) but they "can't" understand it when conservatives use it legitimately?
    The border will never be 100% secure. That is impossible. Even a wall 100 miles high and 100 miles underground and armed officers standing shoulder to shoulder will not prevent people from entering the US. The question is what is "good enough" and how much are you willing to spend?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Would you prefer the term:
    Immigrant formerly known as illegal?
    Undocumented (or unlawful, which is not the same as illegal) resident is better.

The term illegal immigrant, if both of those words are used isn't as bad. It's when it's just shortened to "illegal," of if it's said the way it was in the post I replied to, something like, "they are illegal," that just makes no sense at all.

It's a rhetorical trick immigration restrictionists use to treat that particular, very minor, violation of a statute, as some special category that makes the people who violate it something different than all the rest of us who violate all the other statutes that we do every day.

I think it also goes with the myth that they tend to hold which says that these people are breaking the law just by being here, as if their very presence is one continuous criminal act that they perpetually commit until they're not here any more. This is false. That would be like telling someone who once ran a stop sign that they are perpetually breaking the law for as long as they are on the other side of the stop sign, and saying that they are therefore "illegals." That's simply not what the law says.

This is the same mindset you see on display when they say that any failure of the government to deport them means they aren't enforcing the law.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 01-16-2019 at 05:02 PM.

The border will never be 100% secure. That is impossible. Even a wall 100 miles high and 100 miles underground and armed officers standing shoulder to shoulder will not prevent people from entering the US. The question is what is "good enough" and how much are you willing to spend?
    The status quo is clearly not enough.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Undocumented (or unlawful, which is not the same as illegal) resident is better.

The term illegal immigrant, if both of those words are used isn't as bad. It's when it's just shortened to "illegal," of if it's said the way it was in the post I replied to, something like, "they are illegal," that just makes no sense at all.

It's a rhetorical trick immigration restrictionists use to treat that particular, very minor, violation of a statute, as some special category that makes the people who violate it something different than all the rest of us who violate all the other statutes that we do every day.

I think it also goes with the myth that they tend to hold which says that these people are breaking the law just by being here, as if their very presence is one continuous criminal act that they perpetually commit until they're not here any more. This is false. That would be like telling someone who once ran a stop sign that they are perpetually breaking the law for as long as they are on the other side of the stop sign, and saying that they are therefore "illegals." That's simply not what the law says.
    Invaders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You do understand there are words used to describe different groups of people right?
    Do 'red necks' have to have red necks?
    I think I speak for most of us when I say; we will start using the word Illegal as an
    adjective and no longer a noun when there are no more 'illegals' .

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I think I speak for most of us when I say; we will start using the word Illegal as an
    adjective and no longer a noun when there are no more 'illegals' .
    But unless everyone who has ever done anything illegal is included in your term "illegals," you're just twisting the English language into meaninglessness.

But unless everyone who has ever done anything illegal is included in your term "illegals," you're just twisting the English language into meaninglessness.
    Wut' did I just say genus' ?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Wut' did I just say genus' ?
    The problem with the way you use English, is that nobody knows. I'm not certain that you yourself do.

Many non-"Rednecks" have had sunburns on their necks but if you insist on this idiocy I have a word we can use instead:

Invaders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Throwing up a picture of a mother and child? Seen it one too many times. You'd think they'd try something new.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Throwing up a picture of a mother and child? Seen it one too many times. You'd think they'd try something new.

Which has nothing to do with anything in this thread.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How bad is the border problem? Is there a unprecedented surge going on? (lowest numbers since the early 1970's) Send the government man all your money and he will take care of things for you. Promise. Otherwise, you might die.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-16-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast