Thread: UFC 239: The OFFICIAL thread

UFC 239: The OFFICIAL thread

Looking forward to it. I'm rooting for Santos partly to be a contrarian and partly because he looks damn good. @Kotin

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never watched the UFC.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Never watched the UFC.
    Nao you have a golden opportunity! After it's over someone or another will post the full bout.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

guess they ran out of guys for jones?? or am I missing something? Santos is good no question but doesnt seem to be even top 5 in the division..

But I am definitely pulling for Holly Holm.. how can you not like her?!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    guess they ran out of guys for jones?? or am I missing something? Santos is good no question but doesnt seem to be even top 5 in the division..

I like Holm in her bout. Sorry, I should've mentioned that in the OP. #kurwa.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Never watched the UFC.
    They wear onesies or Speedos for a uniform.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    And they often win by "mounting" the other fellow and putting his balls in the other guys' face.

loveshiscountry

Light Heavyweight
    Jon Jones over Thiago Santos

Women Bantamweight
    Amanda Nunes over Holly Holm

Welterweight
    Ben Askren over Jorge Masvidal

Light Heavyweight
    Luke Rockhold over Jan Błachowicz

Welterweight
    Michael Chiesa over Diego Sanchez

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I don't mind some hair pulling and maybe slopping around in the mud a little, but not a big fan of watching chicks beat the crap out of each other.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't mind some hair pulling and maybe slopping around in the mud a little, but not a big fan of watching chicks beat the crap out of each other.
    Of course. Wouldn't wanna ruin those pretty faces.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

honestly many of their fights are fantastic... just remember, it is an art to these people and they are very passionate about it
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

It's just a sport, bro. The strikes that are legal in MMA (and sport muay thai/kickboxing, for that matter) heal up cleanly and quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And they often win by "mounting" the other fellow and putting his balls in the other guys' face.
    Typical snark to be expected from someone who doesn't appreciate the art of grappling. :P Whether Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Grecco-Roman wrestling, or Judo, they've all been incorporated into MMA. "Mount" is not an inherently winning position (Royce Grace defeated Akebono by armbar when being crushed under his weight), it's just a position to apply one of many techniques from. Same as "full guard" or "half guard".

Full screen, playback speed .25

Last edited by dannno; 07-03-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    It's practical. Olympic wrestlers wear 'em. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GrrQQ0ufYQ (vidya won't embed for some reason)
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 07-03-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Typical snark to be expected from someone who doesn't appreciate the art of grappling. :P Whether Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Grecco-Roman wrestling, or Judo, they've all been incorporated into MMA. "Mount" is not an inherently winning position (Royce Grace defeated Akebono by armbar when being crushed under his weight), it's just a position to apply one of many techniques from. Same as "full guard" or "half guard".
    And yet, you don't dispute anything I said. I was merely letting AG -- who claims to have never watched it -- know that if he sees 1 dude sitting with his speedo covered balls in the face and on the top of another man; that this is actually expected and he didn't accidentally change the channel to something gay.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And yet, you don't dispute anything I said. I was merely letting AG -- who claims to have never watched it -- know that if he sees 1 dude sitting with his speedo covered balls in the face and on the top of another man; that this is actually expected and he didn't accidentally change the channel to something gay.
    Let me see if I can 'splain a little better. Mount has a purpose in the BJJ syllabus of techniques. It manipulates the opponent to move in a specific way, which allows one an opportunity to perform a technique or series of techniques to gain advantage or, ideally, win the bout.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Let me see if I can 'splain a little better. Mount has a purpose in the BJJ syllabus of techniques. It manipulates the opponent to move in a specific way, which allows one an opportunity to perform a technique or series of techniques to gain advantage or, ideally, win the bout.

They should rename the full mount to the teabag.

They should rename the full mount to the teabag.
    It's all fun and chuckles till the purple belt is choking you unconscious....

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Light Heavyweight
    Jon Jones over Thiago Santos

Women Bantamweight
    Amanda Nunes over Holly Holm

Welterweight
    Ben Askren over Jorge Masvidal

Light Heavyweight
    Luke Rockhold over Jan Błachowicz

Welterweight
    Michael Chiesa over Diego Sanchez
    W Very close decision for Jones
    W Nunes knockout
    L Jorge Masvidal throws a flying knee for the fastest KO ever, 5 seconds
    L Błachowicz catches Rockhold with a left
    W Chiesa unanimous decision all 3 scorecards 30-26

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    W Very close decision for Jones
    W Nunes knockout
    L Jorge Masvidal throws a flying knee for the fastest KO ever, 5 seconds
    L Błachowicz catches Rockhold with a left
    W Chiesa unanimous decision all 3 scorecards 30-26
    Santos got robbed big time. Split decision my arse

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Santos got robbed big time. Split decision my arse
    It was very strange that Jones didn't try and take him down to the mat. Right or wrong they say the close decisions go to the champ.

241 on now

241 on now
    I am watching Super Sadiq Yusuf is about to fight. I wonder who I will be rooting for

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And the winner is Sadiq Yusuf!!!

Nate Diaz vs. Anthony Pettis starting now!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOM!!!!

Diaz with the win.. after they kicked him out of the league for using CBD too soon AFTER a fight 3 years ago..

They have since relaxed the rules.

When asked how it was after being off for 3 years and winning his first fight back after the long break, Diaz responded, "I was out for 3 years because everybody else sucked."