Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Legislator Turncoat

Maine Legislator Turncoat

Rep. Ryan Harmon, a supposed Ron Paul supporter who often speaks libertarian, sent out this e-mail this morning:

Dear Friends,

We are making incredible strides in our effort to restore liberty and fiscal responsibility to America. Over the past few months Dr. Paul has been an exemplary advocate for our shared commitment to the Constitution. I am sincerely grateful for his contributions and I am honored to have had the opportunity to support him.

With the General Election in sight, I believe that we can best advance our shared ideals by uniting with our fellow Republicans to challenge Barack Obama. Mitt Romney is a proven leader in the movement to restore prosperity and freedom to America and there is no doubt in my mind that he will be a principled President.

Friends, I urge you to join me in supporting Mitt Romney and voting for his slate of Delegates to the Republican National Convention. Now is the time for us to come together and unite as Conservatives.

In Liberty,

Ryan Harmon
    State Representative
    District #45
    Burnham, Freedom, Knox, Montville, Palermo, Thorndike, Troy, and Unity
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - James Madison

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, he's gone.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

he probabley got paid or assured a certain political position.

How much $$$$ did he get from the RNC or the Romney campaign to sell out LIBERTY?
    Rand Paul for Peace

He is hoping to sway the weekend festivities Romneys way.... what a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    he probabley got paid or assured a certain political position.
    Multiple Paul supporters have e-mailed asking him if he got some sort of sweet deal and he claims that's not how he rolls.

I'm completely dumbfounded. This blind-sided me hard, because I spoke to Ryan Harmon last winter and pulled him in with the Paul grassroots because he looked like the real deal. Ludwig von Mises profile picture, posts libertarian and Austrian quotes, and has taken some hell for his open support of Ron Paul.

And now THIS?! What the hell...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDixon View Post
    Multiple Paul supporters have e-mailed asking him if he got some sort of sweet deal and he claims that's not how he rolls.

I'm completely dumbfounded. This blind-sided me hard, because I spoke to Ryan Harmon last winter and pulled him in with the Paul grassroots because he looked like the real deal. Ludwig von Mises profile picture, posts libertarian and Austrian quotes, and has taken some hell for his open support of Ron Paul.

And now THIS?! What the hell...
    Don't email him. Destroy him.

This is the strategy. Put on a Ron Paul mask, say Liberty a few times, then when we all need you the most stab the REAL defenders of LIBERTY supporters in the back.... He must go.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 05-04-2012 at 12:33 PM.

This guy is a tool.

James Madison would be turning in his grave knowing this guy used his writings as a quote.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    This guy is a tool.

James Madison would be turning in his grave knowing this guy used his writings as a quote.
    Well, James Madison wasn't exactly Mr. Consistency, either...

Nice he showed his true colors. Now let's ensure his political career is a short one. F**ker.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    This guy is a tool.

Highly unlikely, he'd have to be a zombie to do that.

You never know... they may have dirt on him.

Rep Ryan Harmon's Page: http://themaineteaparty.com/profile/...les_memberList

Representative R. Ryan Harmon: http://www.maine.gov/legis/house_gop...p. Ryan Harmon

http://www.themainewire.com/
    [IMG]Email: Rep. Ryan Harmon [/EMAIL]
    When the Legislature is in session, you can leave a message
    for Rep. Ryan Harmon by calling the office at: (207) 287-1440.

Contact Our Office
    House District 45 Map

Maine House Republicans
    Room 332, State House
    2 State House Station
    Augusta, Maine 04333-0002
    Phone: (207) 287-1440
    Ryan Harmon is the State Representative for House District 45, which includes the towns of Burnham, Freedom, Knox, Montville, Palermo, Thorndike, Troy, and Unity. He lives in the town of Palermo with his wife of 12 years, Holly, and their two children.

Rep. Harmon was appointed to sit on the Taxation Committee for the 125th Legislature.

Currently in retail, he has worked as an Assistant Legislative Liaison and in the financial services sector.

Rep. Harmon holds a Master's degree in Business Administration, a B.A. in History and Political Science, and is a graduate of Mises University in Economics at LVMI Institute.

Rep. Harmon is very active within his community as a member of a variety of civic organizations, including the President of Palermo Youth Activities, Inc., Sheepscot Fish & Game Association, Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association, and the Palermo Town Budget Committee.

Rep. Harmon's personal interests and hobbies include golfing, hiking, studying philosophy and economics, and spending time with his family.
    [edited to remove personal contact info DON'T SPAM HIM - just vote him out.]
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

and is a graduate of Mises University in Economics at LVMI Institute.
    Destroy him.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Destroy him.
    that terminology can be read to imply more than making sure every liberty leaning voter and supporter knows he runs when the chips are down, and that he deserves opposition, not support. I'm sure you don't mean it that way.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Destroy him.
    that terminology can be read to imply more than making sure every liberty leaning voter and supporter knows he runs when the chips are down, and that he deserves opposition, not support. I'm sure you don't mean it that way.

In state that elects the likes of Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe is getting rid of him even possible?

Definitely he deserves the opposition
    ATTAINING FREEDOM
    Man must get rid of illusions that enslave and paralyze him; he must become aware of the reality inside and outside of him in order to create a world which needs no illusions. Freedom and independence can be achieved only when the chains of illusion are broken.
    --ERICH FROMM

“In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness” Robert Griffin III

I really really HATE betrayers like this. Spread the word about his betrayal so that no liberty lover in ME will touch him with a bargepole in the future. Kick the motherfucker out of office. He has been bought off by Romney.

Are we compiling a list of the traitors?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    We need a "Hall of Shame" complete with evidence on why someone is in there.

Also, ChrisDixon, will this guy do some damage to our prospects this weekend at the convention?

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I meant destroy his current political career and any chance of having one in the future.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    We need a "Hall of Shame" complete with evidence on why someone is in there.
    The people most relevant to this man's political career will be voting in new party leadership in Maine this weekend and I highly doubt they will forget this.

Most politicians are opportunists.

They want to wink and nod in every direction so that everyone thinks he is on his own side.

I'm sure he just took some short Mises course, and posted it on his website to make everyone happy in order to advance his career and to get bigger pensions, government salary, and to aspire to become a lobbyist to really cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    That'd be a long list.

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Also, ChrisDixon, will this guy do some damage to our prospects this weekend at the convention?
    Nah, it's just one man. It's just annoying because many people trusted him and he burned us.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    The people most relevant to this man's political career will be voting in new party leadership in Maine this weekend and I highly doubt they will forget this.
    We won't forget. I hope he has his re-election in the bag, because he's not getting our help.

M.D. Harmon: Interview of Rep. Ryan Harmon

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

So how much money did he get to send this email?

Un-$#@!ing-believable.
    RON PAUL 2012

LIBERTY FOR LIFE

This sucks. I know lots of people that live in his district. I'm actually shopping for a second house in that district right now.

If he threw support to Romney AFTER the RNC and Romney was the nominee, I could let it pass. But this? While Ron has a chance to win a plurality of delegates in Maine? This is crap. If anyone wants to run against him, I'll help.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast