Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you RENOUNCE party affilliation, and UNregister to vote?

How do you RENOUNCE party affilliation, and UNregister to vote?

The political process in this nation is a sham, of which I no longer wish to be a part. At the very least, I am physically SICK to think that I am affiliated with the Republican party, and I want to UNaffiliate myself. I don't want to be associated with them, OR the Democrats. They are all working for the same goal, and it isn't freedom. So, is there any way have myself REMOVED from the voter rolls, and especially the party affiliation rosters?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Register as a delegate for the 3CC.

http://www.thirdcc.org

That seems to be your only hope.

Send a letter of resignation to the local GOP. Then call the local elections office and tell them you are Ron Paul supporter and would like to unregister to vote. They would probably be very happy to remove from the voter rolls.

that thirdcc thing is great.

Chickenhawk's sig reminds me of 10th grade in school, when my art teacher mentioned something about... well... something... but my answer, although i don't know if the teacher heard me, was to seek truth. This girl a couple seats over asked me how one does that...

Depends on the local/state law. Here in Virginia we no longer have to express a party choice when registering.

Please don't renounce your right to vote. You are free to reregister as an independent without charge at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Unregistering to vote as some kind of protest is the absolutely most retarded thing you could do. You might as well mail a thank you note to the neocons for ruining your country since your promising never to vote against them again.

Or just mail them a picture of you bent over and write "im ready" on it.

Either or. If you throw your vote to the 3rd party you believe in, or a good independent candidate, it is still adding to the % of people not voting establishment even if they do not win. The more people who vote third party, the more motivated people are to run for third party. Eventually this may lead to a way out of the power monopoly we see now.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakai0 View Post
    Or just mail them a picture of you bent over and write "im ready" on it.
    Yeh, pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wanting to unregister to vote is not "retarded".

I emailed the following to the Virginia State Board of Elections:

"To whom it may concern,
    I no longer want to be registered to vote in political elections. I wouldn't use such a system to determine anything as trivial as my breakfast cereal, and I morally have no business using it to legitimize people's commanding of governmental authority over me or anyone else. It isn't enough for me to simply not vote anymore. I believe my voter registration implies my consent to a process by which other people fraudulently claim to represent my interests by their actions which I deem criminal. My belief in the fraudulence of the political system makes me unrepresentable. So, please assist me in unregistering to vote.
    Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this simple matter."

Their response told me to contact my local registrar and ask that my name be removed from the voter list.

I haven't contacted the registrar yet, but I'll post more here if there's any more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post

"To whom it may concern,
    I no longer want to be registered to vote in political elections. I wouldn't use such a system to determine anything as trivial as my breakfast cereal, and I morally have no business using it to legitimize people's commanding of governmental authority over me or anyone else. It isn't enough for me to simply not vote anymore. I believe my voter registration implies my consent to a process by which other people fraudulently claim to represent my interests by their actions which I deem criminal. My belief in the fraudulence of the political system makes me unrepresentable. So, please assist me in unregistering to vote.

Their response told me to contact my local registrar and ask that my name be removed from the voter list.

I haven't contacted the registrar yet, but I'll post more here if there's any more to it than that.
    Thanks for signing up to tell us that. hopefully you are a liberal. I for one want as many small govt people as possible and anarchists to to register to vote. Its better than letting the big govt people have the only say in the matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    The political process in this nation is a sham, of which I no longer wish to be a part. At the very least, I am physically SICK to think that I am affiliated with the Republican party, and I want to UNaffiliate myself. I don't want to be associated with them, OR the Democrats. They are all working for the same goal, and it isn't freedom. So, is there any way have myself REMOVED from the voter rolls, and especially the party affiliation rosters?
    I feel the same way you do about the parties, and the "electoral" process as well. Personally, I choose to remain registered, because I know they'll carry on the tyranny just fine with or without me, and I'd like to have just one more way to be heard.

This primary I wrote in "nobody" for almost every office.

Or, move to NH, where you can stay registered as an independent, and still vote in whichever primary you prefer.

If you really do want to unregister, I can understand it. I've heard it can be difficult. I'd talk to someone at your local town hall -- and be sure to explain exactly why you're doing it. That person-to-person statement is worth more than any vote.
    Last edited by tremendoustie; 07-02-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

What I object to is them automatically thinking I belong to some party. The GOP keeps sending me stuff in the mail and I keep throwing it in the trash. Just because I made some donations to RP, they seem to think I'm a Republican.

You should be able to register as independant. Vote for candidates that earn your vote. I always vote libertarian unless a someone like Ron Paul comes out. The worse thing you can do is be unregistered and not vote. It gives power to the two-party system.

"letting the big govt people have the only say in the matters"

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Thanks for signing up to tell us that. hopefully you are a liberal. I for one want as many small govt people as possible and anarchists to to register to vote. Its better than letting the big govt people have the only say in the matters.
    Voting is a zero sum game. Libertarianism isn't. Capitalism isn't. Freedom isn't. By participating in the voting process, one lends consent (and thus, legitimacy) to it. I'm an anarchist and pro-capitalist, so I've realized as such that, if you think about it enough, I'm a bit of a hypocrite to vote.

Have you heard the saying "Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what's for dinner"? Well, I don't want to be a sheep, but I don't want to be a wolf either. You won't rid the system of wolves by becoming wolves!

If your ideology wins governmental control, yours becomes the side using governmental authority to act against the wishes of some people who are forced to finance your actions!

If your ideology looses, your participation in the voting process lends your consent to the legitimacy of the powers of the winners. In effect, elections are a process by which the powers and resources of the democratic majority are subsidized by the consent of the various democratic minorities. "The consent of the governed"

It ultimately doesn't matter whether you win or lose, because no matter whom you vote for, the government gets elected!

Voting is a zero sum game. Libertarianism isn't. Capitalism isn't. Freedom isn't. By participating in the voting process, one lends consent (and thus, legitimacy) to it. I'm an anarchist and pro-capitalist, so I've realized as such that, if you think about it enough, I'm a bit of a hypocrite to vote.
    Well thanks for stopping by, although I don't know why you bothered, given this site's mission statement.

Our Mission Statement
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this forum is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well thanks for stopping by, although I don't know why you bothered, given this site's mission statement.

Our Mission Statement
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this forum is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Cheers!
    That statement has been very controversial amongst forum veterans, let alone newcomers. (by veterans i don't mean armed forces, just long-time members)
    Last edited by ClayTrainor; 07-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, both parties stink. But, when you joined the Republican party initially, were you saying that you agreed with them? I doubt it. I know with me, I joined to return it to a party of small government and to fight like hell to kick all the posers out of positions of power.

Political parties are just instruments. If we work hard, we can get in positions of power within the Republican party, so that in elections, they are no longer fighting us, because we ARE THEM. Or, we can just sit on the sidelines and throw spitballs. That is of course, what they want us to do. They don't care if we don't participate. They don't care if we don't vote. The only thing that scares them is when we decide to stand up and fight back, strategically.

We really can win back our country. But, not if we quit.

You could always follow Ron Paul's lead and stay within the framework.

Quote Originally Posted by Fields View Post
    You could always follow Ron Paul's lead and stay within the framework.

BAAAAA, SHEEPLE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

It ultimately doesn't matter whether you win or lose, because no matter whom you vote for, the government gets elected!
    By this logic, if there were 535 Ron Pauls + a Ron Paul President, we would still be electing the government. However, that scenario is much different than electing a Democratic or Republican government. My life would be much better if liberty candidates were elected to public office and I am guessing we would be much closer to your dream of anarcho capitalism.

I could see why three years ago we may have just decided to stop trying the electoral route since we had no victories, but now that we are actually winning seats, I just don't understand why we shouldn't continue this route and perhaps in a few cycles we will have minorities in Congress.

Last edited by t0mmy; 07-02-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: double posting accidentally

"To whom it may concern,

welcome to the club.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t=unregistered

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    By this logic, if there were 535 Ron Pauls + a Ron Paul President, we would still be electing the government ... but now that we are actually winning seats, I just don't understand why we shouldn't continue this route and perhaps in a few cycles we will have minorities in Congress.
    If the dominant ideology of the public were such that it were possible to elect so many Ron Pauls, what would be accomplished by electing anyone at all?

I posted here as a reply to an old post from Wendi about how to unregister which I happened upon in a google search of that question. I like Ron Paul. I am a libertarian.

I've come to my conclusions rationally and morally. I'm not bossing you around, and I'm not electing anyone to do it for me. If I were, I'd reasonably be called hypocritical to criticize others for doing such things.

You don't need to fight to win. Stop participating. Renounce your faith in the system- vocally. It won't take a democratic majority to overburden the government with noncompliance. I don't even care what it takes. I'm just not complying when and wherever that is a cost-worthy option. I won't command anyone to follow me.

Maybe I can't stop someone from whipping me with a switch, but I won't fetch them the switch.

Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    They don't care if we don't participate. They don't care if we don't vote. The only thing that scares them is when we decide to stand up and fight back, strategically. We really can win back our country. But, not if we quit.
    They DO care if we don't participate. They want to "Rock the Vote". Noncompliance IS fighting back. When politicians win elections with very low voter turnout, it sucks the wind out of their sails- regardless of their margin of victory. I've watched some in interviews and at town hall meetings after such experiences. It humbles them to know eligible voters don't care for them any more than the general public.
    Last edited by t0mmy; 07-06-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling!

They DO care if we don't participate. They want to "Rock the Vote". Noncompliance IS fighting back. When politicians win elections with very low voter turnout, it sucks the wind out of their sails- regardless of their margin of victory. I've watched some in interviews and at town hall meetings after such experiences. It humbles them to know eligible voters don't care for them any more than the general public.
    Yes, I'm sure the establishment hates the apathetic. Maybe if you were unregistering to vote and picking up arms, then you might have a point. As it is, low turnout just means you have given up hope.

Given up hope in what? I've logically and morally dismissed government coercion as an appropriate or effective tool for combatting government coercion!
    You don't seem to understand what I've said at all. The government has nothing without our consent. I've revoked my consent. I'm advocating for - not coercing - others to do the same as a non-violent means of conflict resolution.
    It isn't apathy, as your "establishment" would have you think; it's logical and moral clarity and consistency. In the ideal of limited government, there is no non-arbitrary limit because government and freedom are simply incompatible. I choose freedom.

Baloney. If everyone who didn't vote voted for pro-liberty candidates instead, we'd be half way to free society already.

If a thug is terrorizing the neighborhood, but will give it up if I beat him at tiddly winks, by gum, I'll beat him at tiddly winks. They're game isn't legit, but if we beat them at it, they're out.

To abandon this potential tool to unseat tyrants is foolish and silly.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Given up hope in what? I've logically and morally dismissed government coercion as an appropriate or effective tool for combatting government coercion!
    You don't seem to understand what I've said at all. The government has nothing without our consent. I've revoked my consent. I'm advocating for - not coercing - others to do the same as a non-violent means of conflict resolution.
    It isn't apathy, as your "establishment" would have you think; it's logical and moral clarity and consistency. In the ideal of limited government, there is no non-arbitrary limit because government and freedom are simply incompatible. I choose freedom.
    So do I. But if 60% of the people believe in freedom, but don't vote, the tyrants will still be jamming their will down our throats. Or, we could vote them out and start rolling back the state.

They have to hold elections in order to maintain their illusion of legitimacy. It's a weakness of theirs. To not exploit this weakness, to not attack them from every side possible, is foolish and negligent.

Most people don't show up to the polls already -- a great lot of good that's done. Whereas, if they'd all voted for Ron Paul ...

Not voting says you don't care. Voting for a liberty candidate says you care, and you're fed up with tyranny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast