Thread: Journalism professor says he hopes for murder of NRA members' children

Journalism professor says he hopes for murder of NRA members' children

A journalism professor at the University of Kansas (KU) turned to Twitter on Monday to suggest he would like to see the murder of children of National Rifle Association (NRA) members at the hands of a deranged gunman.

A journalism professor has defended tweets he sent out which called for the death of NRA employees children.

“#NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA,” tweeted David Guth, who is an associate professor of Journalism at the university’s William Allen White School of Journalism.

“Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters, he continued. “Shame on you. May God damn you.”

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=5086

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmm

Ill just keep my mouth shut.

Boring. Even our weakest link here could destroy this "professor" in a debate, I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Boring. Even our weakest link here could destroy this "professor" in a debate, I trust.
    I'm sure I could handle him
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

A journalism professor at the University of Kansas (KU) turned to Twitter on Monday to suggest he would like to see the murder of children of National Rifle Association (NRA) members at the hands of a deranged gunman.
    I'll bet the little f*ckers would be harder to take out than the children of a guy who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword....

Professor? FREE SPEECH! FIRST AMENDMENT!

I can't imagine what he would want to happen to GOA members families if he hates the NRA that much.

Where do these universities find so many $#@!-wits?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do not belong to the NRA , I think I did work for them once for a few months. I am quite sure my Children,Grandchildren could defeat this and its spawn in any duel . Now if some " right winger" was wishing death to children, what would there be to say about that ??

Awful. What kind of person wishes death on the children of others? This guy is $#@!ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Awful. What kind of person wishes death on the children of others? This guy is $#@!ed.
    I wish death on the children of the mothers of serial killers
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by fearthereaperx View Post

A journalism professor has defended tweets he sent out which called for the death of NRA employees children.

“#NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA,” tweeted David Guth, who is an associate professor of Journalism at the university’s William Allen White School of Journalism.

“Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters, he continued. “Shame on you. May God damn you.”

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=5086
    He lost his Cred wishing some god to damn me, I am quite sure , he & I do not observe the same , Kansas huh , I would have expected better. My simple belief leads me to think it would be wrong to wish harm on children.I see he is very advanced .....

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I wish death on the children of the mothers of serial killers
    This country was founded by serial killers.

Quote Originally Posted by better-dead-than-fed View Post
    This country was founded by serial killers.
    And sex maniacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

University suspends prof who hoped for murder of NRA children

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=5088

Administrators at the University of Kansas have suspended the journalism professor who suggested on Monday he would like to see the murder of the children of National Rifle Association (NRA) members.

KU's chancellor, Bernadette Gray-Little, announced the suspension Friday morning, according to a local radio station, KMBZ.

Professor Guth has been placed on administrative leave.

"In order to prevent disruptions to the learning environment for students, the School of Journalism and the university, I have directed Provost Jeffrey Vitter to place Associate Professor Guth on indefinite administrative leave pending a review of the entire situation,” he said.

“Professor Guth’s classes will be taught by other faculty members," he added.
    There is no word whether or not Guth will be paid throughout the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    University suspends prof who hoped for murder of NRA children

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=5088
    hehe! He also deleted his twitter account.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why am I not pleased by this turn of events?

I don't like when people lose their jobs and livelihood and career because of saying things, even things I disagree with.

That said, just another "poo poo on you for FedBooking and $#@!tering under your real name, every fool thing that crosses your mind".

Isn't Washington D.C. big on gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I don't like when people lose their jobs and livelihood and career because of saying things, even things I disagree with.

That said, just another "poo poo on you for FedBooking and $#@!tering under your real name, every fool thing that crosses your mind".
    I definitely agree. It does appear this man got his 15 minutes of fame, though.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Where do these universities find so many $#@!-wits?
    They start out by having some big monied liberal fund their education. So I guess you could say, they grow them in the universities.

What if some of those victims' parents are members of the NRA? Would he be appeased or satisfied to learn that to be the case?

And the blood is only on the hands of the NRA? It's not also on any of the many other "pro gun" lobby organizations? Then I wonder what his beef with the NRA is all about, because it doesn't sound like he has something against all "pro gun" lobby organizations in general, just this particular one called the NRA. Well, let's see; besides being a lobby organization, the NRA also trains law enforcement & many of its members are law enforcement.

Maybe he doesn't like law enforcement and it's the son & daughters of law enforcement who he has in mind, but I don't know. Perhaps that's not exactly it; it could be that he's upset that the US Capitol Police SWAT team was ordered to stand down, which probably resulted in more casualties, and his Tweet is a condemnation of that situation that for some uknown reason he felt he had to veil in that way.

I'm basically just trying to take what information I have into account to determine what seems plausible and what doesn't seem plausible. Not that it's the only possible explanation, but discontent for the lack of action by the US Capitol Police SWAT team seems like an explanation that's a little more plausible than a dislike for "pro gun" lobby organizations. Another possibility could be that me looking for an explanation that presumes that this professor is a mature and well-informed individual is actually subterfuge to make some sort of point; maybe he's actually an immature and ignorant person who isn't even aware that the NRA isn't the only "pro gun" lobby in existence. If there's one (individual like this) then there could be more; what if he isn't the only immature and ignorant professor out there?

On one hand, in a private situation where a this professor entered into trade or a contract with a university, should he or the university have the right to suspend or terminate their relationship with each other? On the other hand, should this professor be able to sue the university for being punished for doing something that's outside of the academic environment?

One other thing: given that he is a journalism professor, I suppose it's also possible that this whole situation could be a rather elaborate exercise in freedom of speech and other journalism issues. It would be stereotyping to assume that all journalism professors are anti-gun liberal lefsists.
    Last edited by Neil Desmond; 09-20-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Surely you can imagine a scenario of an employee saying something that would cause you to fire them.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Oh, he's rockin' an extra chromosome.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What amuses me id=s the cognitive dissidence: If just one life could be saved by banning guns it would be worth it. Guns save lives every day as any Google search would show, but not a peep about that.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.