Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN: Israel's Dep.Prime Minister "[Ahmad] didn't say wipe Israel off the face of the map"

CNN: Israel's Dep.Prime Minister "[Ahmad] didn't say wipe Israel off the face of the map"

I was watching CNN International yesterday and noticed this interview between Christiane Amanpour and Israel's Ehud Barak.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/19/ampr.01.html

They both admit Ahmadinejad did not say what CNN has been reporting for years (as fact) and tried to use against Ron Paul in countless debates/interviews. Read on..

AMANPOUR: One of the things that people always ask me and makes them worry for Israel is about what President Ahmadinejad was said to have said a few years ago, about, quote-unquote, "wiping Israel off the face of the map."

Many Iranian officials who I've interviewed, including just now recently, have said that is not what he said, nor is it the policy of the Iranian government to have any military attack on Israel. Your own minister, Dan Meridor, said that, yes, that is not what Ahmadinejad said. He didn't say wipe Israel off the face of the map. Do you accept that? Or do you still believe that Iran has a military design on you?

BARAK: I think that we are focusing too much on the nuances of the topic, rather than --

AMANPOUR: This is really important, because everybody talks about this.

BARAK: No, no, I would tell you exactly what he said. He said, and others said in public many times, that the Zionist entity -- it's a code name for Israel -- is something unnatural in the Israeli -- in the Middle East and should be removed at this point. That's what he said.
    (bold and italics added)

Interesting the things you see on CNN International that you don't see on CNN in the US.

Looks like everyone agrees, Ahmadinejad never said that.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I remember that back in 2005 that was said. I didn't know much about politics at the time, I do remember joking to my teacher at college that jewish kids were throwing stones at his window or something.

+rep. Subscribed and facebooked.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

To be honest, although Ahmad doesn't want to wipe off Israel, doesn't his superior?

I honestly believe Iran is a threat to Israel. But I do not support war.

Iran surely does want Israel wiped off the map whether the leaders stated it or not. Islamic/Jewish tensions have been going on for centuries.

I do believe Iran has rational leaders, and they rationally want to destroy Israel. If they were irrational they would strike Israel for no reason, but they do have their religious reasons.

Here's the thing though. I don't believe Iran hates Israel out of racism either. They, just like other Arab nations such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Lebanon, simply wish to control the shipping route dominated by Israel. It has nothing to do with Jews or Arabs because they wish to dominate the Palestinians too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Here's the thing though. I don't believe Iran hates Israel out of racism either. They, just like other Arab nations such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Lebanon, simply wish to control the shipping route dominated by Israel. It has nothing to do with Jews or Arabs because they wish to dominate the Palestinians too.
    Believe me, it all boils down to ethnics and religion.

Iranians(Persians) dislike Arab nations, but they especially despise Jews.

In the early days Islam was a very tolerant religion but a substantial portion became very hateful and dangerous long ago. Just as in Christianity there are Doomsdayers in Islam and unfortunately Iranians leaders are obsessed with that as well. Which is why I...and I have discussed this before...am not opposed to disarming that particular regime. Having studied nuclear weapons and strategies it is too simple and risky just to dismiss nuclear states on principle. That doesn't mean waragainst any nuclear nation, but with areas like Iran and NK you have to seriously look at removing their capabilities. Of course that doesn't make me happy, but I do not like the possible alternative of nuclear war. Any operation must be swift and immediate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    To be honest, although Ahmad doesn't want to wipe off Israel, doesn't his superior?

I honestly believe Iran is a threat to Israel. But I do not support war.
    When's the last time Iran invaded another country pre-emptively? When's the last time the US and/or Israel did?
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Iran surely does want Israel wiped off the map whether the leaders stated it or not. Islamic/Jewish tensions have been going on for centuries.

I do believe Iran has rational leaders, and they rationally want to destroy Israel. If they were irrational they would strike Israel for no reason, but they do have their religious reasons.
    Rick Santorum disagrees with you.

The rational reason the Iranians want nuclear parity is that so they don't get wiped off the map. We haven't attacked North Korea because North Korea has nukes. The Iranians put out the olive branch of peace when Bush was president but were rebuffed. Now that they see what happened in Libya (we backed Al Qaeda against Khadaffi), they probably thank Allah that we wouldn't negotiate with them for peace.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The rational reason the Iranians want nuclear parity is that so they don't get wiped off the map. We haven't attacked North Korea because North Korea has nukes. The Iranians put out the olive branch of peace when Bush was president but were rebuffed. Now that they see what happened in Libya (we backed Al Qaeda against Khadaffi), they probably thank Allah that we wouldn't negotiate with them for peace.
    That is a rational reason to get nuclear weapons, but it doesn't mean that it is Iran's rational reason.

Read the Iranian Constitution: http://www.iranonline.com/iran/iran-...itution-1.html

That is a rational reason to get nuclear weapons, but it doesn't mean that it is Iran's rational reason.

Read the Iranian Constitution: http://www.iranonline.com/iran/iran-...itution-1.html
    Scary!

Article 13

Zoroastrian, Jewish, and Christian Iranians are the only recognized religious minorities, who, within the limits of the law, are free to perform their religious rites and ceremonies, and to act according to their own canon in matters of personal affairs and religious education.

Article 14

In accordance with the sacred verse; ("God does not forbid you to deal kindly and justly with those who have not fought against you because of your religion and who have not expelled you from your homes" [60:8]), the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran and all Mu slims are duty-bound to treat non-Muslims in conformity with ethical norms and the principles of Islamic justice and equity, and to respect their human rights. This principle applies to all who refrain from engaging in conspiracy or activity against Islam and the Islamic Republic of Iran.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.

Ahmadinejad et al simply want to remove the Israeli police state REGIME because they're psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluge View Post
    Scary!
    Imagine if our Constitution looked like this:

2.Divine revelation and its fundamental role in setting forth the laws;
    3.the return to God in the Hereafter, and the constructive role of this belief in the course of man's ascent towards God;
    16.framing the foreign policy of the country on the basis of Islamic criteria, fraternal commitment to all Muslims, and unsparing support to the mustad'afiin of the world.
    Article 11

In accordance with the sacred verse of the Qur'an ("This your community is a single community, and I am your Lord, so worship Me" [21:92]), all Muslims form a single nation, and the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran has the duty of formulating its general policies with a view to cultivating the friendship and unity of all Muslim peoples, and it must constantly strive to bring about the political, economic, and cultural unity of the Islamic world.
    This is the key snippet:
    Article 5

During the Occultation of the Wali al-Asr (may God hasten his reappearance), the wilayah and leadership of the Ummah devolve upon the just ('adil] and pious [muttaqi] faqih, who is fully aware of the circumstances of his age; courageous, resourceful, and possessed of administrative ability, will assume the responsibilities of this office in accordance with Article 107.
    So it looks like ushering in the end times and creating an Islamic empire are very important to Iran.

Regardless of why the Supreme Leader hates the U.S., it bothers me that one old man who is a Shi'a fundamentalist would have the ability to use nuclear weapons if he saw fit. I think there are too many millions of possible innocents in this country just to ignore the situation.

This is the key snippet:

So it looks like ushering in the end times and creating an Islamic empire are very important to Iran.

Regardless of why the Supreme Leader hates the U.S., it bothers me that one old man who is a Shi'a fundamentalist would have the ability to use nuclear weapons if he saw fit. I think there are too many millions of possible innocents in this country just to ignore the situation.
    Our Constitution looks pretty great on hemp paper, yet we're going around the world killing, manipulating and actually using nukes/drones, whatever. And religion is being perverted to support such things. Our rights are undermined every single $#@!ing day.

You won't get me to criticize another country that's openly a theocracy when our own country has turned into such a pile of steaming, murderous garbage that has people locked up for life with no chance of a trial, or just goes and assassinates people it titled "terrorist."

Our Constitution looks pretty great on hemp paper, yet we're going around the world killing, manipulating and actually using nukes/drones, whatever. And religion is being perverted to support such things. Our rights are undermined every single $#@!ing day.

You won't get me to criticize another country that's openly a theocracy when our own country has turned into such a pile of steaming, murderous garbage that has people locked up for life with no chance of a trial, or just goes and assassinates people it titled "terrorist."
    As you illustrated, Constitutions can be manipulated easily. Which makes me wonder how bad Iran's has gotten.

Imagine politicians following our Constitution.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As you illustrated, Constitutions can be manipulated easily. Which makes me wonder how bad Iran's has gotten.
    As far as I know, they don't have secret prisons around the globe, or a fake drug war, nor are they killing people anywhere in the world that they like--so I don't know why you'd focus on their constitution, when they're acting far more moral than our own government is.

As far as I know, they don't have secret prisons around the globe, or a fake drug war, nor are they killing people anywhere in the world that they like--so I don't know why you'd focus on their constitution, when they're acting far more moral than our own government is.
    Ha, they are far worse than us. You cannot even fricking criticize the leader.

I hate most every government, but I hate our current one the most because we could change it and are too stupid to do it. And how is ours not worse? How many tens of thousands of foreigners have we killed for no good reason? How many has theirs? I mean, I hear about a stoning for adultery every now and then, and that people have to wear headscarves, but if I had to choose between a gov't that made you wear a headscarf and one that was out mass-murdering people around the globe--well $#@!, I'd put on a headscarf and be grumbly about it.

The collective IQ just went down a bit again on RPFs.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I hate most every government, but I hate our current one the most because we could change it and are too stupid to do it. And how is ours not worse? How many tens of thousands of foreigners have we killed for no good reason? How many has theirs? I mean, I hear about a stoning for adultery every now and then, and that people have to wear headscarves, but if I had to choose between a gov't that made you wear a headscarf and one that was out mass-murdering people around the globe--well $#@!, I'd put on a headscarf and be grumbly about it.
    That is your choice. We still have many forms of choice in this country that we don't think about. But not point in discussing that.

Just using my cost-benefit reasoning, in my opinion it is too risky to let Iran maintain nuclear weapons when considering their situation, and all I support is eliminating their weaponry and leaving, perhaps a small price to pay.

That is your choice. We still have many forms of choice in this country that we don't think about. But not point in discussing that.

Just using my cost-benefit reasoning, in my opinion it is too risky to let Iran maintain nuclear weapons when considering their situation, and all I support is eliminating their weaponry and leaving, perhaps a small price to pay.
    You're an interventionist who doesn't respect their sovereignty. No different than a neocon.

My top three most hated governments (in no particular order):

1. US
    2. Israel
    3. Saudi Arabia

That is the true axis of evil. And we helped Israel get nukes...and Condi Rice delivered a $#@! ton of nuclear info to Saudi Arabia just prior to Obama taking office. And you're shaking in your boots about Iran and want to kill people who've never done a damn thing to you.

You're an interventionist who doesn't respect their sovereignty. No different than a neocon.

My top three most hated governments (in no particular order):

1. US
    2. Israel
    3. Saudi Arabia

That is the true axis of evil. And we helped Israel get nukes...and Condi Rice delivered a $#@! ton of nuclear info to Saudi Arabia just prior to Obama taking office. And you're shaking in your boots about Iran and want to kill people who've never done a damn thing to you.
    I don't care what you call me. I am an interventionist when it comes to certain nuclear scenarios; that is about it. I am less interventionist than Barry Goldwater. I don't abandon all my common sense for principle. My human nature tells me that I would rather make sure millions of Americans are safe as opposed to allowing Iran to have nukes.

I don't care what you call me. I am an interventionist when it comes to certain nuclear scenarios; that is about it. I am less interventionist than Barry Goldwater. I don't abandon all my common sense for principle. My human nature tells me that I would rather make sure millions of Americans are safe as opposed to allowing Iran to have nukes.
    How many nukes do we have? How reluctant are we to use them? How big of a crater would Iran be if they nuked us or anyone else that we "like?"

Speaking of common sense--you don't have much.

P.S. You want to kill Iranians--great! You gear up and fly over there and shoot them your own damn self and on your own dime.
    Last edited by Kluge; 04-26-2012 at 08:01 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many nukes do we have? How reluctant are we to use them? How big of a crater would Iran be if they nuked us or anyone else that we "like?"

Speaking of common sense--you don't have much.
    I am not convinced that Iran respects MAD. I still can't comprehend how so many people take nuclear weapons so lightly, and how they seem to have little national interest at all.

I am not convinced that Iran respects MAD. I still can't comprehend how so many people take nuclear weapons so lightly, and how they seem to have little national interest at all.
    Because they have the right to defense, just as every one of us do. I don't take them at all lightly, considering what we did in Japan. But when we, Israel and Saudi Arabia are constantly threatening Iran--what the hell do you expect them to do? Roll over?

Our gov't has killed their own citizens with zero second thought over and over again. Are you convinced that the US gov't respects MAD?

Why the focus on Iran? Has Fox News tunneled a giant hole into your brain? There are far bigger threats, most of them we've created.

Well that's pretty much the same constitution our government helped get written for Iraq. So what's your point? Oh, and I didn't see "Wipe Israel off the map" in there. Did I miss it?

Perhaps we can punk Iran. Send a massive fleet of bombers over them.... and drop flower petals. Or dollar bills.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Perhaps we can punk Iran. Send a massive fleet of bombers over them.... and drop flower petals. Or dollar bills.
    That'd be hilarious if it wouldn't cause so many heart attacks!

I feel the same way about the US President.
    E che sospiri la libertà!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast