Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public School Indoctrination

Public School Indoctrination

Stop with the authoritarian crap. If you are a public school teacher, then I'm asking you to stop. Stop drugging our boys with Ritalin. Stop with the sit-down, shut-up, and listen curriculum. Stop with the, "When the bell rings you go somewhere else and hurry" stuff. Stop with the, "if you don't obey authority then you are in trouble mantra." Stop. Please stop. Stop with the prison is good mentality. Stop teaching fear.

Plants are plants. Hemp is a good plant. Industrial hemp, when legal to grow, will help mankind from destroying the environment. Stop spreading, "the environment is going to hell" lies. Industrial hemp is compostable and healing. Let it grow. Help it grow.

Real is real. Stop telling children that government defines money. Sound money is real. Fiat money is fake. Teach that. Teach real is real and fake is fake.

Boys are boys. When a daydreaming boy doesn't listen for an hour and obey you when the bell rings doesn't mean that he is retarded. It means that he doesn't give a damn what you are saying. It is unimportant at the moment. He might be wondering why his dick is hard when the cute girl with boobs talks to him. He might be thinking about how to build a car or truck that outruns Joe's car. Let him think. Teach him to think.

Girls are girls. I'm a boy, so I have no clue about girls. Girls are girls and there are books upon books about them. I don't understand girl books. I don't understand girls but I like em anyway.

Socrates was a conspiracy guy. Teach conspiracy. Teach to ask questions. Question authority. Always ask questions. Always ask questions to learn.

Teach the 4 R's ... Reading, Righting, Rithmetic, and Rhetoric, but please stop teaching that all people of the same age are the same and that they should obey whoever is in charge. The people in charge are just looking for power and money. Stop that.

Some people see the world differently and that's okay. Please stop indoctrinating and start teaching.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

---> Download the Book Free

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

Sam Blumenfeld | The New American
    08 February 2011

Charlotte Iserbyt has put her great exposé of the dumbing-down agenda of American education on the Internet, so that anyone can now read it and download it free of charge. The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America is a big book and so very important that anyone interested in the future of this country must read it. I wrote a Foreword for the book that basically explains what Charlotte achieved by her incredible research based on documents she took out of the files of the Department of Education in Washington, where she worked as a Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI) during the first Reagan administration. She is the consummate whistleblower, with an overwhelming sense of responsibility as a public servant and a parent.

Full Story:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....own-of-america
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post

---> Download the Book Free

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

Sam Blumenfeld | The New American
    08 February 2011

Charlotte Iserbyt has put her great exposé of the dumbing-down agenda of American education on the Internet, so that anyone can now read it and download it free of charge. The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America is a big book and so very important that anyone interested in the future of this country must read it. I wrote a Foreword for the book that basically explains what Charlotte achieved by her incredible research based on documents she took out of the files of the Department of Education in Washington, where she worked as a Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI) during the first Reagan administration. She is the consummate whistleblower, with an overwhelming sense of responsibility as a public servant and a parent.

Full Story:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....own-of-america

Excellent, excellent book! A must read for all people to understand that the schools are failing by design!! +rep
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    Stop with the authoritarian crap. If you are a public school teacher, then I'm asking you to stop. Stop drugging our boys with Ritalin. Stop with the sit-down, shut-up, and listen curriculum. Stop with the, "When the bell rings you go somewhere else and hurry" stuff. Stop with the, "if you don't obey authority then you are in trouble mantra." Stop. Please stop. Stop with the prison is good mentality. Stop teaching fear.

Plants are plants. Hemp is a good plant. Industrial hemp, when legal to grow, will help mankind from destroying the environment. Stop spreading, "the environment is going to hell" lies. Industrial hemp is compostable and healing. Let it grow. Help it grow.

Real is real. Stop telling children that government defines money. Sound money is real. Fiat money is fake. Teach that. Teach real is real and fake is fake.

Boys are boys. When a daydreaming boy doesn't listen for an hour and obey you when the bell rings doesn't mean that he is retarded. It means that he doesn't give a damn what you are saying. It is unimportant at the moment. He might be wondering why his dick is hard when the cute girl with boobs talks to him. He might be thinking about how to build a car or truck that outruns Joe's car. Let him think. Teach him to think.

Girls are girls. I'm a boy, so I have no clue about girls. Girls are girls and there are books upon books about them. I don't understand girl books. I don't understand girls but I like em anyway.

Socrates was a conspiracy guy. Teach conspiracy. Teach to ask questions. Question authority. Always ask questions. Always ask questions to learn.

Teach the 4 R's ... Reading, Righting, Rithmetic, and Rhetoric, but please stop teaching that all people of the same age are the same and that they should obey whoever is in charge. The people in charge are just looking for power and money. Stop that.

Some people see the world differently and that's okay. Please stop indoctrinating and start teaching.
    Public school teachers to do not prescribe or hand out Ritalin to children.

I've never had a class where you had to "sit down, shut up, and listen." Anyone could ask a question or bring up a related topic.

If you're a few minutes late and you're a respectable student, you'll have no trouble. Having a schedule is a good thing.

No teacher has ever told me prison is good.

No one has ever told me hemp is bad.

The environment will be going to hell if we don't eventually change our ways. I.e. Slash & Burn agriculture.

No one has ever taught me that government defines money.

No one has told me Socrates was a conspiracy guy. I was taught that he was a great and important philosopher.
    ‎"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
    -Carl Sagan

+Rep and very well said. I am in 100% agreement with you.

The problem is, most (around 75-90% depending on location) of the "teachers" in today's public schools are authoritarian statists who think it is their duty to teach kids to view the state as the answer to all of life's problems. Since most of the teachers actually believe this, they push this agenda with unbridled enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    +Rep and very well said. I am in 100% agreement with you.

The problem is, most (around 75-90% depending on location) of the "teachers" in today's public schools are authoritarian statists who think it is their duty to teach kids to view the state as the answer to all of life's problems. Since most of the teachers actually believe this, they push this agenda with unbridled enthusiasm.
    Do you have a source or are you just pulling those statistics out of your ass?
    -Carl Sagan

Lowest common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

I've never had a class where you had to "sit down, shut up, and listen." Anyone could ask a question or bring up a related topic.

If you're a few minutes late and you're a respectable student, you'll have no trouble. Having a schedule is a good thing.

The environment will be going to hell if we don't eventually change our ways. I.e. Slash & Burn agriculture.

No one has told me Socrates was a conspiracy guy. I was taught that he was a great and important philosopher.

LOL! Where the hell did you go to school?

When I was a kid, I was being spoon-fed most of the same drivel that Travlyr was railing against in the first post. I have vivid memories of my first grade teacher extolling the virtues of presidents Kennedy (her view: great war hero who saved his comrades, then united the nation as never before!) and FDR (her view: was the only president to stand up for the common folk and gave us the gifts of Social Security and other government programs which saved millions of lives!)

"Sit down, shut up and listen!" was the standard opening mantra of almost all my grade school teachers. And I remember kids who were stupid enough (in my opinion) to actually ask questions get derided as "dumb" more often than not. I still remember one teacher's favorite saying: "Is your head full of rocks? What's the matter with you?"

Nobody ever taught students *anything* about money, with the possible exception that anyone with too much of it really ought to be taxed by the state, so the state could use it to help the "less fortunate."

This was all in rural Indiana, by the way. And in the 1970s.

In my twelve years of elementary, middle school and high school education, I never - NEVER - encountered a teacher who even once hinted at having a conservative/libertarian/free market belief.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pulling them out of my ass, of course.

Seriously, I'm using anecdotal evidence based on my own personal experiences, see my post above. I'm allowing for room for error on my guess - and I'll admit it's a guess - that most of the teachers in public school lean left/liberal/statist.

I'll chip in toward a genuine, professional poll if anyone wants to hire Zogby or someone to do it for real. It would be an interesting experiment.

LOL! Where the hell did you go to school?

When I was a kid, I was being spoon-fed most of the same drivel that Travlyr was railing against in the first post. I have vivid memories of my first grade teacher extolling the virtues of presidents Kennedy (her view: great war hero who saved his comrades, then united the nation as never before!) and FDR (her view: was the only president to stand up for the common folk and gave us the gifts of Social Security and other government programs which saved millions of lives!)

"Sit down, shut up and listen!" was the standard opening mantra of almost all my grade school teachers. And I remember kids who were stupid enough (in my opinion) to actually ask questions get derided as "dumb" more often than not. I still remember one teacher's favorite saying: "Is your head full of rocks? What's the matter with you?"

Nobody ever taught students *anything* about money, with the possible exception that anyone with too much of it really ought to be taxed by the state, so the state could use it to help the "less fortunate."

This was all in rural Indiana, by the way. And in the 1970s.

In my twelve years of elementary, middle school and high school education, I never - NEVER - encountered a teacher who even once hinted at having a conservative/libertarian/free market belief.
    Graduated from high school in 2011 in a small town in Massachusetts. The high school is a regional school shared with two towns and has around 1200 or so students.

A huge majority of my teachers encouraged questions. A few of my teachers I could tell shared the libertarian philosophy. My freshman year history teacher was a Ron Paul guy.
    -Carl Sagan

I have vivid memories of my first grade teacher extolling the virtues of presidents Kennedy (her view: great war hero who saved his comrades, then united the nation as never before!)
    John F. Kennedy at 9:46....

Luckily, for myself, I spent two years in private school (8 and 9th). This pretty much allowed me to sail through public as the things we were covering in 9th weren't covered until 12th in public school.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-01-2012 at 10:42 AM.

I believe I've had far more good teachers than bad. Every one of them that stands out from high school or college taught critical thinking and had, for the most part, anti-authoritarian streaks running through them.

People love to trash teachers and schooling, and it might be completely warranted. But in my very limited, anecdotal experience, it isn't.

My grandson had to accept Ritalin doses to keep going to the school he is forced by law to go. Now he gets good grades. Is that an accident?

Come on? Be honest.

If you're a few minutes late and you're a respectable student, you'll have no trouble.
    And if you are different, then should you be unqualified to have a job, own a home, or a car?

Having a schedule is a good thing.
    For people on a schedule, yes. For others... it is okay to be different. They still qualify for life.

Public schools are prison. Required, fenced, and guarded.

Hemp is illegal. Illegal go grow or possess. A lot of people are shunned or caged because they tried to use the most green plant on Earth. If no one has ever told you hemp is bad, then where do you live? Why are people caged for growing it?

Industrial hemp needs no pesticides, insecticides, or chemical fertilizers. The roots stabilize the soil against erosion. The plants encourage pollination by bees. The plant replenishes the soil with nutrients. Hemp provides humanity with important medicinal, industrial, and commercial goods. It is illegal to grow or possess by the Slash and Burn authorities.

Government defines money. Legal tender laws.

He was a great and important philosopher. He questioned everything. Today, if you question your government, or if you question authority, or if you question TV, then one is labeled as a conspiracy nutjob. Does fire really cause concrete and steel high rise buildings to collapse at free fall speed?

They make recommendations -and report parents to Social Services should parents resist said recommendations.

You should buy a lottery ticket as you are so lucky.

Kiss ass of the teacher and you get chits - which you can then trade for punishment avoidance.

The threat of imprisonment is a powerful tool to keep the People self-enslaved.

No, it won't.

You obviously have no concept of how large and significant the "Earth" is, and how utterly puny mankind is.

We affect our own human environment - we do it to ourselves - but as far as Mother Nature .... only the utterly mindless believe we "harm her".

Economic text books define money.

Government manufactures money.

He absolutely was a conspiracy guy.
    Unable to shut him up, the elite trumped up a new crime, charged him with it, convicted him with it, and proscribed the death penalty.

Obviously, you did not pay attention
    Last edited by Black Flag; 04-01-2012 at 10:46 AM.

I eventually want to become a teacher. Hopefully after about 15-20 years as a lawyer I'll get my teaching certificate and teach social studies at a high school. Would like to coach baseball as well.

I've had some good teachers who really influenced my life, as well as some terrible ones. I want to be one of those great ones who also takes a teaching spot away from a terrible one.

The Public School system is the primary and most vital tool used to maintain the Status Quo.

The anecdotal comments of the evils of such system are --by far-- the most appropriate demonstration of this, as this has been the stated goal of the Public School System since its introduction in the late 1800's.

The anecdotal comments that describe alternatives to these dominate demonstrations are, indeed, the rarity and are NOT the norm as they are counter to the stated goals of the Public School System

No doubt there are many successful people who have "successful" and fulfilling schooling careers.

However, this does not detract one iota the general purpose of the schooling system, but merely offers a demonstration that in all human endeavors, there are exceptions that fall away from the norm.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Detroit View Post
    I eventually want to become a teacher. Hopefully after about 15-20 years as a lawyer I'll get my teaching certificate and teach social studies at a high school. Would like to coach baseball as well.

I've had some good teachers who really influenced my life, as well as some terrible ones. I want to be one of those great ones who also takes a teaching spot away from a terrible one.
    Wish you'd stay in lawyering. The liberty movement is in need of good ones. But, I understand if you feel a need to move on. My social studies teachers in private school were some of the best and really got me to challenge the 'written' history of our nation.

For your consideration,,

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

My grandson had to accept Ritalin doses to keep going to the school he is forced by law to go. Now he gets good grades. Is that an accident?
    The drugging of kids, especially in schools is a whole nother, but related issue.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    For your consideration,,

That's it in a nutshell.

Why can't he be homeschooled?

If there is anyone with questions on whether teachers become involved in childrens lives when they believe they "need medication", question not.(for I come bearing and an anecdote for your immediate consumption!) I have heard so many adults while growing up telling me how childhood then teenage years are the best part of your life, not for me. From the time I was in elementary I was sort of a wild child and always loved to have fun, be happy and joke around.(must of been the only one) But two teachers in particular (3rd, and 4th grade -both single w/o kids) in my honors type classes made it an imperative for my parents to take me to a psychiatrist for an evaluation. I can assure you nothing is more humiliating than a teacher constantly insulting you and asking "did you take your crazy meds today, or do we need to put you in another room till you run out of steam." My parents initially tried to be hands off, but the teachers tried to levy the school administration to call and check-in on my "progress". Pretty soon I found myself in a room with a Dr. Bowser, and an hour later my first two meds were Zoloft and Cylert. I actually took them for about two weeks and letting my teachers know as well. Initially I wanted to please them, but that soon dissipated along with their ability to control the class.

My parents eventually gave in to me, I told them my grades are good and above all I am good. But that wouldn't be over till we tried all the following: Wellbutrin, Ritalin, Adderal, and btw they took me off the cylert almost immediately - something about health complications with the liver I think. Since I was young I have always resisted control, believing that in affect we should only listen to those we respect. Teachers assumed because of their positions they were the authority, which was something I only challenged because they never respected me. I dropped out of HS at 16 with a great job and got my GED.
    Last edited by talkingpointes; 04-01-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Best post I've seen around here in a while.

+rep

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If i ever have kids they will be homeschooled. Period.
    I am the spoon.

For further consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingpointes View Post
    If there is anyone with questions on whether teachers become involved in childrens lives when they believe they "need medication", question not.(for I come bearing and an anecdote for your immediate consumption!) I have heard so many adults while growing up telling me how childhood then teenage years are the best part of your life, not for me. From the time I was in elementary I was sort of a wild child and always loved to have fun, be happy and joke around.(must of been the only one) But two teachers in particular (3rd, and 4th grade -both single w/o kids) in my honors type classes made it an imperative for my parents to take me to a psychiatrist for an evaluation. I can assure you nothing is more humiliating than a teacher constantly insulting you and asking "did you take your crazy meds today, or do we need to put you in another room till you run out of steam." My parents initially tried to be hands off, but the teachers tried to levy the school administration to call and check-in on my "progress". Pretty soon I found myself in a room with a Dr. Bowser, and an hour later my first two meds were Zoloft and Cylert. I actually took them for about two weeks and letting my teachers know as well. Initially I wanted to please them, but that soon dissipated along with their ability to control the class.

My parents eventually gave in to me, I told them my grades are good and above all I am good. But that wouldn't be over till we tried all the following: Wellbutrin, Ritalin, Adderal, and btw they took me off the cylert almost immediately - something about health complications with the liver I think. Since I was young I have always resisted control, believing that in affect we should only listen to those we respect. Teachers assumed because of their positions they were the authority, which was something I only challenged because they never respected me. I dropped out of HS at 16 with a great job and got my GED.
    Your story unfortunately is one of many. You are very fortunate to be with us to tell your story. It is truly disgusting how the children are drugged in this country. Did you know that schools receive additional money from state and federal government for every child that they have on medications. It behooves the school to try to get as many children as they can on these drugs in order to receive their funding. Most of these conditions, ADD or ADHD can be corrected by diet and nutrition--but they won't tell you that, because that would cut off their funds!!

I think more parents who are backed against the wall, need to do their own research and to resist these accusations by asking the teacher(s) when did they get their medical degrees? I did!

Ritalin has been studied in independent studies and shown that it is the equivalent to cocaine.

Here is a good website for people to look at: Children are dying from ADHD Drugs
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

In our dreams...people yield themselves with perfect docility to our molding hands. The present educational conventions [intellectual and character education] fade from our minds, and unhampered by tradition we work our own good will upon a grateful and responsive folk. We shall not try to make these people or any of their children into philosophers or men of learning or men of science. We have not to raise up from among them authors, educators, poets or men of letters. We shall not search for embryo great artists, painters, musicians, nor lawyers, doctors, preachers, politicians, statesmen, of whom we have ample supply. The task we set before ourselves is very simple...we will organize children...and teach them to do in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way.
    General Education Board, Occasional Letter Number One (1906)

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ol-well-duhhhh
    The only difference I can think of is that to get into prison you have to commit a crime, but they put you in school just because of your age. In other respects school and prison are the same. In both places you are stripped of your freedom and dignity. You are told exactly what you must do, and you are punished for failing to comply. Actually, in school you must spend more time doing exactly what you are told to do than is true in adult prisons, so in that sense school is worse than prison.

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post

The only difference I can think of is that to get into prison you have to commit a crime, but they put you in school just because of your age. In other respects school and prison are the same. In both places you are stripped of your freedom and dignity. You are told exactly what you must do, and you are punished for failing to comply. Actually, in school you must spend more time doing exactly what you are told to do than is true in adult prisons, so in that sense school is worse than prison

+rep

Graduated from high school in 2011 in a small town in Massachusetts. The high school is a regional school shared with two towns and has around 1200 or so students.

A huge majority of my teachers encouraged questions. A few of my teachers I could tell shared the libertarian philosophy. My freshman year history teacher was a Ron Paul guy.
    Most my teachers or professors seemed to belong to the democratic communist party. The only free market person was my college economics professor who taught the theory behind free market economics. None of my other teachers or professors knew anything about free markets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast