Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They tell us vaccines are extremely effective...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, it's either/or? Either the Slimes or Zerowedge is The Gospel, and there's something wrong with us who don't buy the bull shoveled by either one?
    Is anybody telling the truth?

Or is the only way to be sure is to hump ass down to El Paso and see for myself? Even then, who would believe me?

The Count made it clear that the Biden admin. is NOT shuttling illegal invaders into the heartland of the country on busses, trains and planes paid for with our tax dollars and that the only reason I think they are is because I scour the basement of the internet for racist, white supremacist tropes that support my assumptions.

It's not. But I don't doubt that some of your favorite websites are telling you that it is.
    Pardon me for not believing amren when they say that the dirty covid mexicans are coming to rape my daughter.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If you do get it while on the vax you have a much lower of risk (>89%) of getting seriously ill or dying from Covid.
    Help me understand this statement.......

I've already got a 97% chance of not getting "seriously ill or dying from Covid" so are my chances of a poor outcome increased by the vax? 89% vs 97%?

Or is the 89% applied on top of the 97% to where statistically I'll have a greater chance of being harmed by snorting lines off a stripper?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Count made it clear that the Biden admin. is NOT shuttling illegal invaders into the heartland of the country on busses, trains and planes paid for with our tax dollars
    Never said that. It's the covid part that reeks of bull$#@!. They've gotta keep amping up the fear factor because otherwise the rush runs out eventually. MS-13 coming for your daughter is so 2016, that just won't do it anymore. Now MS-13 has covid and they're going to give your daughter their brown covid babies.

and that the only reason I think they are is because I scour the basement of the internet for racist, white supremacist tropes that support my assumptions.
    No, of course not. You don't have to scour. There's an entire media ecosystem built around delivering those tropes to you. It's like Uber except... well, more Über.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Yes. But when you're licensed to print money, buying enough noise to drown them out is easy.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Difficult to say if people have had it or not, given that many people might not have had symptoms strong enough to warrant getting tested or treated.

Cost and time, probably.

No. Actually, there's at least one study out there that says the opposite. That study suggest that the antibodies you get from COVID infection are specific to the variant of COVID that you had, whereas the vaccine gives you a broader immunity to more strains.
    Um - you are greatly overstating what that study shows.

RESULTS
    The neutralizing activity of mRNA-1273 vaccine–elicited antibodies is more RBD-targeted than that of infection-elicited antibodies

We studied sera from adults (ages 18 to 55 years) who received two doses of the Moderna mRNA-1273 vaccine in phase 1 clinical trials (12). The majority of our study focused on 14 individuals who received the 250-μg dose, although we validated key conclusions with a smaller subset of eight trial participants who received the 100-μg dose. The sera were collected at 36 and 119 days after the first vaccine dose, corresponding to 7 and 90 days after the second dose. It was previously shown that these individuals had high amounts of binding and neutralizing antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, with neutralizing antibody titers within the upper quartile of sera from SARS-CoV-2 convalescent individuals (12). Throughout, we compared vaccine sera to convalescent plasma or serum samples from two independent cohorts (13, 14). The convalescent plasma samples were characterized in earlier studies (13–16) and grouped into an early time point of 15 to 60 days after symptom onset and a late time point of 100 to 150 days after symptom onset.
    The majority of the neutralizing activity of convalescent sera and plasma is due to RBD-binding antibodies (15, 17, 18). To determine whether neutralization by vaccine sera is similarly RBD-targeted, we depleted RBD-binding antibodies from the day 36 and 119 sera isolated from 14 individuals who received the 250-μg dose of the mRNA-1273 vaccine. We then measured serum immunoglobulin G (IgG) binding to the RBD and full spike ectodomain before and after depletion. As expected, depletion removed all RBD-binding antibodies (Fig. 1A and fig. S1, A and B). However, depleting RBD-binding antibodies only moderately decreased spike-binding activity in either vaccine sera or convalescent plasma (Fig. 1B and fig. S1B), consistent with studies showing that a minority of spike-binding vaccine-elicited B cells target the RBD (5, 19)....
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Um - you are greatly overstating what that study shows.
    How am I overstating? Because you don't like the sample size?

It's the only study on the topic. It suggests exactly what I said:
    That study suggest that the antibodies you get from COVID infection are specific to the variant of COVID that you had, whereas the vaccine gives you a broader immunity to more strains.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

How am I overstating? Because you don't like the sample size?

It's the only study on the topic. It suggests exactly what I said:
    And that Study is Proven wrong Daily as "Protected" people DIE of Delta.

Its Worthlessness gets proven though.. far more dangerous than the Cold ever was.

Trial won't be over till 2023..
    Wait till all the facts are in their graves.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Compliance is the New Science

• The vaccines are effective because the government says they're effective.
    • The masks are effective to stop the spread of COVID caused by the vaccines.
    • The "Delta Variant" comes from India, but it also evolved from all of the unvaccinated folks.
    • Staying at home to save lives is doubleplusgood. #AloneTogether
    • Two plus two equals five.
    • We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Rogan probably has a better history of giving medical advice than anybody on the planet.
    Saw this today and remembered your post.

Joe Rogan Claims He Says ‘Dumb’ Stuff, Suggests People Shouldn’t Take Him Too Seriously
    https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/09/j...ine-passports/
    Joe Rogan wants people to know he shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

“I say dumb (expletive). If you’re getting vaccine advice from me, is that really my fault?”
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I'll ask Pedro next time he mows my lawn. He would know the real story
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saw this today and remembered your post.

Joe Rogan Claims He Says ‘Dumb’ Stuff, Suggests People Shouldn’t Take Him Too Seriously
    https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/09/j...ine-passports/

You think it is dumb advice to tell a young healthy person that they shouldn't get the vaccine?

Rogan does say dumb stuff occasionally, because he speaks on a larger variety of complex topics than most people. Anybody who speaks on a large variety of complex topcis will probably say something dumb from time to time. However, in this case it was probably pretty sound advice.

That doesn't mean anything I said is untrue about him generally giving good health advice.

He was also coming under fire and having to apologize to the woke pro vax mob when he made that statement, it was under duress.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-09-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We should outlaw the use of masks during surgery since they're clearly worthless.

Controlled environment versus outside world. Two very different things.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

We should outlaw the use of masks during surgery since they're clearly worthless.
    The primary reasons for wearing masks during surgery are to prevent the doctors from getting blood or other bodily fluids splattering up on their face/mouth/nose area, and also when the doctor says "Nurse, hand me the tongs" they might spit a little bit, wouldn't want that going into the patient's open cavity. We've all seen the damage a Jr. Mint can do in these situations. It has very little to do, generally, with preventing the spread of an infectious airborne virus.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The primary reasons for wearing masks during surgery are to prevent the doctors from getting blood or other bodily fluids splattering up on their face/mouth/nose area, and also when the doctor says "Nurse, hand me the tongs" they might spit a little bit, wouldn't want that going into the patient's open cavity. We've all seen the damage a Jr. Mint can do in these situations. It has very little to do, generally, with preventing the spread of an infectious airborne virus.
    Add to that the studies that have been done on the subject,, in MASH Hospitals and other Disaster areas where Doctors are working extended hours..

There are several if you bother to look.. O2 deprivation being a common issue.

a recent Florida School tested masks after a day of wear.. They collect a nasty petri dish on your face.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

True that narrtaives on masks and vax have been shifting all along but scientists are "more nervous" now than they were on arrival of original covid variant and political/media messaging ia shifting rapidly also:

Latest MSM report:
    "The speed with which it dominated the pandemic has left scientists nervous about what the virus will do next. The variant battles of 2021 are part of a longer war, one that is far from over.

[variant name removed] is sending thousands of people into hospitals every day and has knocked the Biden administration back on its heels. In a few short weeks, the delta variant changed the calculations for what it will take to end the pandemic."

From: The Variant "vanquishes all variant rivals","has knocked the Biden administration.."
    Aug 8, 2021

Is it in part also because there is no longer a focussed 'steady hand' from White House managing all aspects the pandemic/scientists/pharma vax situation as it was with the original variant arrival.. I dunno.

Mysteries of science ... and politics

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'll ask Pedro next time he mows my lawn. He would know the real story
    I thought Pedro quit because u kept coming on to him.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I thought Pedro quit because u kept coming on to him.
    Where would you get that idea? I'm not into Mexicans.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Where would you get that idea? I'm not into Mexicans.
    It is nothing to be ashamed of.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    It is nothing to be ashamed of.
    It is though. Mexicans? Ugh.
    - Kim Kardashian

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Masks have always been to protect others, not the wearer.
    Mask are garbage.

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Never said that. It's the covid part that reeks of bull$#@!. They've gotta keep amping up the fear factor because otherwise the rush runs out eventually. MS-13 coming for your daughter is so 2016, that just won't do it anymore. Now MS-13 has covid and they're going to give your daughter their brown covid babies.
    So you think it's perfectly OK to have citizens jump through COVID hoops and comply with fatwas and mandates, but illegal invaders do not?

If you were truly concerned about the spread of sickness, wouldn't the first move be to close the border?

Does anything in your mind justify that?

Or are you perfectly happy becoming Tijuana Norte?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I recently heard of an acquaintance who was first in line to get the vaccine now has covid
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

So you think it's perfectly OK to have citizens jump through COVID hoops and comply with fatwas and mandates, but illegal invaders do not?

If you were truly concerned about the spread of sickness, wouldn't the first move be to close the border?

Scream at the clouds more, gramps, that doesn't have anything at all to do with what I said.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by https://betcodigobonus.ne View Post
    Mysteries of science ... and politics
    Welcome to the forums! This site can always use new members.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I recently heard of an acquaintance who was first in line to get the vaccine now has covid
    Same here. Yet another. I am losing track of people I actually know (including family) that have recently tested positive, had symptoms or been hospitalized, all vaccinated.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I remember Ron saying something to the effect to remember that borders can also be used to keep us locked in. That is the risk you are taking by demanding we go even further in border restrictions.

Fact Check: US-Mexico border not ‘wide open,’ most people trying to enter US are turned away
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...eople-trying-/
    The Biden administration is limiting Americans’ travel to Mexico, as well as to Canada, in an attempt to curb the spread of the coronavirus. It’s a continuation of a policy established by President Donald Trump.
    Prior to Covid, I am a textbook case on what Ron was describing which with me resulted in my comings and goings at the border used against me as a form of harassment for whistle blowing.

I was held for a day coming back in from Canada, denied entry back from Mexico and detained coming back from Tijuana. I ended up a few times having to leave and enter the country illegally just to avoid the targeted harassment. One time I was helped by illegals that showed me the path not too far from the border station after I was denied entry. I was also detained at JFK for a time and asked to explain false allegations being made against me.

You have been here for years warning us about the risk from posting our political opinions here. Do you really want that same government you rightfully complain about given even more control over your movements at the border than they already do?

Again you were correct about that warning, would be surprised who actually reads here and the incidents I have had outside this forum related to my posts here.

Most people trying to cross at the border are being turned away, under a March 2020 order by the Trump administration to curb the spread of COVID-19. The Biden administration is still enforcing that policy, although it’s exempting children who arrive alone, as well as some families.

Biden is also moving to limit border crossings in another way. Homeland Security announced July 26 that it would quickly turn back migrant families that immigration officials determine do not qualify for asylum during a fast-tracked screening process.

"It is simply not true that the border is ‘wide open’ for ‘illegal aliens’ to cross," Hallett said. "Customs and Border Protection apprehend individuals attempting to cross between border checkpoints. The border is more secure than ever before. Fewer people are able to cross illegally without being apprehended than at any time in the past."

Apprehensions have increased because of the strict COVID restrictions, not because restrictions have eased."
    To put the numbers into perspective.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57422618

It is too late.It is what it is.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-10-2021 at 08:42 AM.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Same here. Yet another. I am losing track of people I actually know (including family) that have recently tested positive, had symptoms or been hospitalized, all vaccinated.
    Do you know how long ago they had the vax before they got Covid? Did they for example catch Covid two weeks or less after getting the last shot which would mean not enough time to build up antibodies? Did they get it a very long time ago? (I wonder if the vax is no longer effective after a certain point). Did they get two shots or one? Which vax?

They are also saying you can still get it while on the vax but the effects will not be as bad. Did the hospitalized person have a pre-existing condition and one of the issues above?

Do you know how long ago they had the vax before they got Covid? Did they for example catch Covid two weeks or less after getting the last shot which would mean not enough time to build up antibodies? Did they get it a very long time ago? (I wonder if the vax is no longer effective after a certain point). Did they get two shots or one? Which vax?

They are also saying you can still get it while on the vax but the effects will not be as bad. Did the hospitalized person have a pre-existing condition and one of the issues above?
    The person I know that is hospitalized seemed healthy, but I don't know her that well. There is another person who is an employee at a restaurant who had the J&J vaccine and was hospitalized. All of the employees at the restaurant either had symptoms or tested positive. The owner is a family friend.

The people that I know better were vaccinated months ago. People with either the J&J or one of the two shot vaccines. They don’t have that bad of cases, but then again, many people never did get super bad cases even before vaccines.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12