Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Black Feelings Matter Too Much?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Your experiences are anecdotal at best. I have had the worst crimes commited against me by white people usually in positions of government authority and i am a white guy.
    Never made any claim that they were not...in fact I clearly stated that it was "in my experience".

However, the larger data set has been extensively analyzed and whites are much more likely to be victims of violent crime at the hands of blacks than the other way around.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-13-2020 at 11:16 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Never made any claim that they were not...in fact I clearly stated that it was "in my experience".

However, the larger data set has been extensively analyzed and whites are much more likely to be victims of violent crime at the hands of blacks than the other way around.
    I have yet to experience this but i imagine a lot of it has to do with the drugs that were dropped into their communities and the drug war and lack of a father in their homes and overall lack of opportunities to find good work and lack of a good education. Those statistics go away when their incomes are higher.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Negro fatigue... I hope that one catches on.

On second thought, prolly just ‘racist’ thinking, eh?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Yep. Its a normal human reaction to not treat people the same who treat you differently based on how you look. It takes integrity to treat people the same. You gotta be the better person. You shouldn't sink down to the haters level out of pettiness. Its better to kill their hatred with kindness.
    It's better to not engage with people who have an attitude.

There is no sane reason to be around people who feel entitled.

Stop making excuses and get out of the cities.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

I definitely want out of Vegas after what i have been through. I left Henderson because they were authoritarians. I wish i knew how to change to defeat the political mob here but i am outnumbered.

I have yet to experience this but i imagine a lot of it has to do with the drugs that were dropped into their communities and the drug war and lack of a father in their homes and overall lack of opportunities to find good work and lack of a good education. Those statistics go away when their incomes are higher.
    Cook County IL, which of course includes the city of Chicago, has a median income that is over $1400 higher than the national average.

It is 174th on the list of counties ranked by crime rate, number one being most violent.

Issaquena County, Mississippi is the poorest county in the nation. It is 64 percent black.

According to this database, it has recorded no violent crime and ranks 3046 in all counties.

Black crime is a city phenomenon for numerous reasons.

Cook County IL, which of course includes the city of Chicago, has a median income that is over $1400 higher than the national average.

It is 174th on the list of counties ranked by crime rate, number one being most violent.

Issaquena County, Mississippi is the poorest county in the nation. It is 64 percent black.

According to this database, it has recorded no violent crime and ranks 3046 in all counties.

Cost of living vs wages makes a difference. The war on drugs did the most damage to our cities. It targets people of low income in cities and makes them perpetually poor. The people in power target them so they don't take away their power which causes generational poverty. Crooked cops create drug addicts and crime in order to keep the cycle going. Its like rat exterminators who breed rats and release them into buildings in order to get hired to exterminate them.

I definitely want out of Vegas after what i have been through. I left Henderson because they were authoritarians. I wish i knew how to change to defeat the political mob here but i am outnumbered.
    "People" who clump-up must agree on standardized behavior or there will be problems.

If your neighbor is 1/4 mile down the road it's far easier to tolerate his behavior than if he's 20 feet from your bedroom window.

You people who feel the need to live in cities will never be happy unless you can surround yourselves with clones who behave and believe as you do.

There are countless excuses where one believes they neeeeeed to live in a city but in the end they're all excuses used to avoid self reliance and responsibility.

When you share a "block" with several hundred people there's bound to be trouble. No amount of money is worth the headache.

"People" who clump-up must agree on standardized behavior or there will be problems.

If your neighbor is 1/4 mile down the road it's far easier to tolerate his behavior than if he's 20 feet from your bedroom window.

You people who feel the need to live in cities will never be happy unless you can surround yourselves with clones who behave and believe as you do.

There are countless excuses where one believes they neeeeeed to live in a city but in the end they're all excuses used to avoid self reliance and responsibility.

When you share a "block" with several hundred people there's bound to be trouble. No amount of money is worth the headache.
    Hear hear!

And it's bad enough if all those people stacked on top of each other are all pretty much alike.

Throw in a bunch of divisive diversity, and you've got a time bomb waiting to blow up in your face.

The only way to maintain control is by heavy handed authoritarianism and police state surveillance...NYC under Rudy Guliani for instance.

Neither way is any way to live.

I guess I just need to find a new line of work. I have always worked in tech and there just isnt that many options outside of certain cities.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If someone somewhere is even THOUGHT to have hurt black people’s feelings, the entire country will burn.[/b]
    If y'all protested government excess like the blacks do now this wouldn't be a problem.

People keep saying any day now the weight of government will be too much. It will start a civil war. Got ammo n guns n such.

Then someone dies from the literal weight of government on camera. Why aren't you all out burning the precincts down? Y'all hate the state so damn much?

Where is your volcanic rage when the government oversteps?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    If y'all protested government excess like the blacks do now this wouldn't be a problem.

People keep saying any day now the weight of government will be too much. It will start a civil war. Got ammo n guns n such.

Then someone dies from the literal weight of government on camera. Why aren't you all out burning the precincts down? Y'all hate the state so damn much?

A few of us locally activate very often, up to and including today. We are always talking to people, and sharing information that is not in the news but easily verified. Most don't buy what we are talking about, they proudly follow the mandates, and fully support trump. I live in a very "conservative" area, (voting red if you look at the charts), and we are constantly flipped the middle finger because we will not wear a mask. Any mention of Trump hiring Gates' stooges Fauci and Slaoui immediately labels us as conspiracy freaks, lunatics or trouble-makers for the party, and any mention of mandated vaccines or biometrics is welcomed with open arms; voters and immigrants, you know, and we "must comply in order to save our country".

But, we do not quit. Every once in a while we meet somebody who is in the know, and some folks do look information up on their phones to confirm the information that we give them is correct.

We are a long, long way from doing what you suggest. We simply do not have the numbers that would tally into the hundreds let alone thousands.

I am open to suggestions.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Good $#@!ing question. One I have been asking for years now, as it's been my position all along that you will not push back out of control cops and the state behind them without force.

I tried for decades to get somnolent white folks to get pissed, get angry and start raising hell in the streets because, even more obviously now, that is what works. Everything else is just mental masturbation.

Now I'm trying to get them off their asses and stir their stumps to save their $#@!ing lives, and still, I'm met with nothing but suicidal sloth and stupidity.

Freedom is not popular...and the only way you can get idiot white people out raising hell is in the larger name of Marxist revolution, because they are high functioning retards, and that is all they know and have been indoctrinated in.

And where the hell the "cold dead fingers" crowd is at, well, that's an even better question.

My guess is that most are just what I suspected they were all along: nothing but talk in a bag, and when Biden and Beto's Bolshies outright ban whole swaths of guns next year, and start neighborhood sweeps to confiscate them, they'll turn them quietly in, with a polite, "here you are sir".

Just like you Kiwis did when that Marxist prime minister of yours banned your guns.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-13-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Why aren't you all out burning the precincts down?
    Why aren't you?

Where's yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Tod and AF are nailing this thread. Put them on the prez ticket! And good God already, follow Tod's advice and GET OUT OF CITIES!

Hear hear!

And it's bad enough if all those people stacked on top of each other are all pretty much alike.

Throw in a bunch of divisive diversity, and you've got a time bomb waiting to blow up in your face.

The only way to maintain control is by heavy handed authoritarianism and police state surveillance...NYC under Rudy Guliani for instance.

Neither way is any way to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Tod and AF are nailing this thread. Put them on the prez ticket! And good God already, follow Tod's advice and GET OUT OF CITIES!
    But the food is great, and the culture!

Regarding a lack of white push-back: Too many with too much to lose, too comfortable, too selfish to realize the common thread all of their fates hang upon. Those with less to lose, well, our orange Obama was designed to convinced them that they were "winning." The young have been subject to a 10-18 year program of political indoctrination, which was radically successful in making tools out of minds. The warrior class was lied into a war, and then got shot up for two decades while their civilian counterparts were too busy watching $#@!ing game of thrones. Whites, at this point, can hardly be blamed for not trusting each other, much less being willing to lay it all down for one another. Some of the more clever figure they can establish themselves as some kind of administrators in the forthcoming "new normal," the craven just wish to survive.

How to heal that? Its like brain injury.

It's all getting ridiculous.

A black person is statistically many, many times more likely to be killed by another black person than the police or a white person.

Black people have every opportunity in this country that white people do. More if you consider affirmative action.

Most of these white people marching and waving blm signs would probably run away from a black man on a dark street.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by Mach; 07-13-2020 at 11:34 PM.
    FJB

blimp

Relevant poll to this topic from the other day.

Americans Say Blacks More Racist Than Whites, Hispanics, Asians https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...spanics_asians

Eighteen percent (18%) say most white Americans are racist. But 25% believe most black Americans are racist. Fifteen percent (15%) think most Hispanic-Americans are racist, while nearly as many (13%) say the same of most Asian-Americans.

Other minority Americans view blacks as much more racist than whites, Hispanics and Asians.

Last edited by Krugminator2; 07-27-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Being Nice to Black People

https://www.takimag.com/article/bein...-black-people/

Jim Goad

August 31, 2020

In all the endlessly tiresome back-and-forth screeching about race relations in this country, never once have I heard anyone beyond an anonymous tweeter here or there suggest the main problem is that we’ve been far too nice to black people.

Despite the fact that black-on-white violence far outstrips the inverse, and despite the fact that American culture has performed nonstop analingus on blacks and nonstop defamation of whites for a couple generations now, and despite the fact that it’s ludicrous to assert that modern blacks are being economically exploited in any possible way since blacks in the aggregate take far more from the “government” (i.e., white taxpayers) in assistance than they contribute in taxes, the establishment left and right both seem to agree that anti-black “racism” is a real problem.

Multiple speakers at the COVID Skype show that was the Republican National Convention last week bent over and grabbed their ankles wishing warm feelings for Jacob Blake, the black male from Kenosha with a felony warrant for rape who was filmed on camera fighting with white cops before they wound up shooting him after screaming at him to put down his knife. But there wasn’t a word of sympathy for Kyle Rittenhouse, the white Trump supporter who shot three non-blacks in Kenosha last week as they were attacking him with fists, a skateboard, and a handgun.

Republicans get called Nazis no matter how far they bend over, and still they try to appease the same malicious actors who call them Nazis. You know what they say about those who don’t learn from history.

If the establishment left and right disagree on anything, it’s whether or not anti-white rhetoric and anti-white violence are problems. But both groups openly pander to blacks as a racial group, while neither dares to openly appeal to whites. The Republicans simply never say anything about whites, while the Democrats openly demean whites.

Despite what the narrative-sculptors would have you believe, I’ve never had a problem being nice to black people. And in most cases, black people don’t have a problem being nice to me. Having gotten that out of the way, what I’m about to say will be scorned by people on both ends of this imaginary political spectrum for different reasons, and I suppose it won’t help to explain that I’m saying this not to win good-guy points with anyone—because, you blinkered idiot, your misguided moral approval means nothing to me—but because it’s been my genuine experience: On an individual basis, I really, really like black people. Ever since I first started encountering them at around age eight, they’ve been some of the funniest and most charming people I’ve ever known.

There have, of course, been exceptions—I’ve been robbed and punched by black people, although I’ve never robbed or punched one myself. And I know multiple white people who’ve suffered violence, rape, and murder at the hands of blacks, whereas I’ve never personally known a white person who’s done the inverse.

But that’s not what the narrative-sculptors would have you believe, is it?

Despite all of the evidence, they keep peddling this antiquated notion that America is such a cesspit of anti-black hatred and violence that blacks are scared of even walking outside these days. Even basketball superstar LeBron James and his net worth of nearly a half-billion dollars recently asserted as much.

Coulda fooled me! Blacks don’t seem to have the slightest problem appearing in public and bullying and hitting and demeaning every white person within spitting distance.

No, it’s whites who are afraid. Deathly afraid.

Back when whites actually had a positive collective identity, they weren’t nearly as afraid. In fact, it was the blacks who were afraid. And that was a bad thing—if you were black. If you were white, one of the perks that you didn’t have to live in constant fear of being physically attacked for saying the wrong thing.

But as modern whites, we’re lectured that it’s a good thing to live in constant fear. We’re told it’s what we deserve for all that we’ve done to blacks.

Sorry, but what have I ever done to blacks except being nice to them?

So I have to ask ye white Americans: How has being nice to black people been workin’ out for ya?

Have you noticed that the nicer we are to blacks, the angrier they act toward us? Have you noticed that this phenomenon acts with almost mathematical precision? Have you pondered that perhaps they don’t interpret our kindness as kindness, but rather as weakness?

I read a long time ago that Southerners hate the idea of blacks as a group but are nice to them individually, whereas Northerners love the idea of blacks as an abstract concept but treat them rottenly on an individual basis. While that’s a gross overgeneralization and impossible to quantify, it’s appearing more and more that in this equation, I would qualify as a honorary Southerner.

Back when you could get your ass kicked by white people for saying nice things about black people, I was that guy.

Now, when you can get your life destroyed for saying nice things about white people, I’m still that guy.

I haven’t changed at all. All that “progress” really means is that society has shifted its poles and redefined the good guys and the bad guys.

Except for the times when I was punched and robbed by individual blacks, my experiences with them have been overwhelmingly positive. So, yes, it can be said that I have very high regard for most of them as individuals.

But holy $#@!, they are a complete mess as a group. Where on Earth does a large presence of blacks actually improve the per-capita income and life expectancy? Where is there a majority-black country on Earth where blacks enjoy a higher standard of living and live longer than they do in this allegedly white-supremacist hellhole called the USA? I’ve been asking that last question for a quarter-century and have never received an answer. I’ve been called plenty of names for asking the question, but after about the hundredth time, that only seems like a dishonest way of avoiding the question altogether.

It’s stupid to be nice to someone who has no intention of being nice to you.

Even though White Fragility is one of the best-selling books of recent years, what we’re actually dealing with is black fragility, because if you dare to even utter one negative thing about them, the entire nation might burn.

It’s not a healthy world where you’re constantly afraid of speaking the truth.

It’s as if all of white America is a battered wife desperately scrambling not to make her husband angry again. Sounds like we’re in an abusive relationship with blacks—so deeply abusive, we’re being gaslit as the abusers and most of us seem to believe it. It’s like, wow, honey, you just made your abusive husband breakfast in bed, but he slapped you harder than ever. The nicer we get, the more racist they say we are, and the meaner they get. And no one sees a connection to any of this?

If people refrain from ever thinking or saying anything negative about black people again, do you think this current situation will resolve itself, or will it get a lot worse? I recently conducted a poll on this very question, and 93.8% of the 499 respondents said things will only get worse.

When you concede to an infant’s tantrums, does their behavior improve?

Mind you, I don’t like white people any more than I like black people. In a lot of ways, I respect modern whites far less than I respect modern blacks. I’ll respect anyone who acts in self-interest far more than I’ll respect any masochist.

But we currently occupy a culture where being perceived as a “racist” justifies your murder. So would you rather be dead, or would you rather be called a racist and stay alive to fight back? Sooner than you think, you will be forced to answer that question.

I choose to continue being nice to blacks as individuals, but when it comes to blacks as a group, I am now highly suspicious of both their capabilities and their intentions toward me and other whites.

Let’s put it this way: I love my dog, and he has a great personality, but I wouldn’t let him drive my truck. Despite how likeable he is, I’d only be inviting disaster.

The Southern Poverty Law Center Makes it Official: Hating White People isn’t Hate

https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/10/1...ple-isnt-hate/

October 18, 2020 Constitutional Nobody US News

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has long made a map showing all the organizations it has labeled “hate groups.” For years, that map has included black separatist groups, such as the Nation of Islam. However, this month the SPLC announced that it will drop the “black separatist” listing.

Here are some of its reasons:

“A change in the way the map is structured will better capture the power dynamics endemic to white supremacy. Black separatist groups land on the SPLC’s hate map because they propagate antisemitic, anti-LGBTQ and male supremacist views, not because they oppose a white supremacist power structure.”

“The Black Separatist listing created a color line bias, separating hate and extremism by race and granting the appearance of a false equivalency of equal hate on both sides. But the hate is not equal. Black separatism was born out of valid anger against very real historical and systemic oppression.”

“Wanting separation from a society that has historically and systemically oppressed Black communities isn’t extremism. Black dissent isn’t black violence, and equivocating the two enables this over-policing of Black activism.”

“While these groups can be virulently anti-white, this prejudice does not represent the same threat as white supremacy in America. By making this distinction, IP [Intelligence Project] is hoping to help dispel any misinterpretations of our understanding of how racism functions in American society. In our endeavor for racial justice and equity, it is imperative that we adopt an understanding of racism grounded in nuance and the realities of racial power dynamics. Racism in America is historical, systemic and structural.”

“Black separatist groups earn their place among our hate listings not for their calls for separation, but rather for how entrenched these groups are in antisemitic, anti-LGBTQ, misogynistic and xenophobic rhetoric.”

“Going forward, groups formerly designated as Black Separatist will be characterized by antisemitism, anti-LGBTQ, male supremacy and whatever additional ideological categories most accurately describe their offending beliefs.”

Blacks can be “virulently anti-white” but they can’t be in a “hate group” unless they are also anti-Jew or anti-LGBTQ, etc. This means blacks can hate all white people and want them dead — maybe even kill a few — but if they are silent on the subject of Jews, homosexuals, and women, they are not a hate group. Hating white people isn’t hate because it’s “born out of valid anger against very real historical and systemic oppression.” Thank you, SPLC, for finally coming clean.

For now, the map still shows black separatist groups.

The SPLC’s webpage explaining black separatist and listing America’s black separatist groups is still up — who knows for how long? The page has been saved on the WayBack Machine many times; here is the most recent “snapshot.” If you want to make sure the page is available forever, paste its URL into the homepage of archive.is.

Now, if a member of the Northern Kingdom Prophets or the Nation of Kings and Priests attacks a homosexual or a Jew, “journalists” will tell you he was a member of an SPLC-designated homophobic or anti-Semitic hate group. You would never know he was black, and would assume he was a Neo-Nazi or Kluxxer. The SPLC is manipulating the media along with everyone else.

Meanwhile, the SPLC will keep rolling in dough.

I am not sure what the BLM people are expecting me to do. I treat people the way I want to be treated no matter what color they are. I am not going to let someone beat me down no matter what color they are. If you treat me like you think I am an @$$hole than I might throw it back at you but , likely I will just walk away. I don't have any problems with Black People or, their race. I don't sit around plotting to take someone out because they are black.

I have never made anyone bow down to me and I am not going to bow down to anyone. If I have done someone wrong I hope to God that I will go to them and ask to be forgiven.

I used to like the music black people wrote and played I love little Richard. BB King, Micheal Jackson , Stevie wonder, Dianna Ross ect... I don't like what they are doing now. So sue me. I am sure that it is not because they are black that I don't like it it is because of the frequency of the sound.

I think the only group I have a little trouble with taking seriously are the trans people. It is just difficult for me to not laugh at a 6'4" man with a 3 day beard, too much make up and, a dress. To me they look like some kind of clown. I have been approached by people who are dressed like a man that have asked me for a date. I am like no I don't want to go out on a date with someone who only thinks they are a male. Am I going to have legal problems because I do not want to date a trans person or some other type that I may just not feel attracted to?

I think black people need to find their own security in being black. There is nothing wrong with being black and I want them to stop treating me like I think something that I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I am not sure what the BLM people are expecting me to do. I treat people the way I want to be treated no matter what color they are.
    According to the Marxists at BLM that is not good enough, and is, in fact, racist on the face of it.

You must be actively "anti racist" and rooting out white supremacy and white privilege every waking moment of your life.

And when that is not enough, you must be prepared to surrender your life in order to atone for the past and continuing crimes of your race, assuming you are a white devil.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-18-2020 at 02:51 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to the Marxists at BLM that is not good enough, and is, in fact, racist on the face of it.

You must be actively "anti racist" and rooting out white supremacy and white privilege every waking moment of your life.

And when that is not enough, you must be prepared to surrender your life in order to atone for the past and continuing crimes of your race, assuming you are a white devil.
    You really need to come visit me sometime in SD. In our small town (white for the most part, I think), you don't lock your doors or cars. My friend that I'm hunting with leaves two loaded shotguns in the truck overnight...unlocked.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You really need to come visit me sometime in SD. In our small town (white for the most part, I think), you don't lock your doors or cars. My friend that I'm hunting with leaves two loaded shotguns in the truck overnight...unlocked.
    Were we live in N.C., kinda close to town but off the beaten path, me and the missus don't lock our cars. She leaves her keys in hers. I keep mine in my pocket , because I've got pockets. Our slider porch door doesn't have a functioning lock. Not like a glass slider would be a deterrent anyway.
    There's a 300 yard gravel drive down to the house. There's motion sensors on it. There's motion sensors in the yard and inside the door.
    And then there is the pit-bull. Who's really a pussy, but he is a good alarm.
    Shotgun I keep loaded bedside. (<J/K> the AR and P226 are bedside. Shotguns are here and there. )

I can't even say this is me, because, well, frankly, I've never cared that much about it in the first place.

But I reckon there are lots of people who do identify.

I Can’t Bring Myself to Care Anymore

https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...ymore-n2583960

Derek Hunter Posted: Jan 31, 2021 12:01 AM

There was a time when an allegation of racism was one of the worst things someone could be accused of. Now, it’s a punchline. Back in the day, the word had meaning – aside from an occasional Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson shakedown, it was not cavalierly tossed around to score political points and it was not reported on without something close to irrefutable proof. Now it’s a debate tactic of the left to avoid serious engagement and cover for a lack of factual back-up. Everything is “racist” now, and as someone who actually used to care, who was disgusted at the concept and its existence, thanks to the weaponization of the term, I can’t bring myself to care about it anymore.

When I was younger, one of my many jobs was working in a machine shop that built devices to shape metal. I don’t want to be more specific than that because the company still exists and my account is based solely on what I saw at the time and hopefully has changed, but the company sure came off as racist for the few months I was there.

In one of the many times in which I was desperate for a job, I saw a help wanted sign in an industrial park outside a non-descript building and walked in. After filling out an application, handed it over to the foreman, and after a quick “interview,” I was hired on the spot and told to start the next day. It was amazingly easy.

Happy to have a job, I went about it without paying attention to much else. But it was boring, repetitive work – taking a piece, drilling a hole in it, stacking it in another bin for assembly. Mind-numbing for someone with a desire for more but no drive or clue how to do anything about it would be the perfect words to describe it. But it was a job, and just having a job was the extent of my career goal at the time.
    CARTOONS | Gary Varvel
    View Cartoon

I quickly made friends with a few of the younger guys, one of whom was my cousin, and we’d find ways to make it less awful – which would sometimes involve slamming a 40 of malt liquor and/or smoking a joint at lunch. I don’t recommend doing this and operating heavy machinery, but when I was young, aimless, and dumb, I was young, aimless, and dumb.

One day, the company was hiring again and I noticed people were coming in the way I did to answer the sign out front. I saw several black guys coming in, filling out the application, handing it to the foreman and leaving. They were given the standard blow-off “Thanks, we’re just starting the process of looking” response anyone spending their time filling out applications knows well.

Then a white guy came in and, like I was, had a talk with the boss and started the next day.

I pointed this out to one of my work friends who said it always happens like that. Everyone who worked there was white, something I’d noticed but didn’t think anything of because I was new and had no idea what had happened before I’d started. The place had high turnover, but not a lot of employees – maybe 30? Each time someone left, the pattern repeated itself.

I had a problem with this. I needed the job, but I wanted to see something happen to them because of it. Maybe there was a reason, maybe I was wrong, I had no idea about the inner-workings of the company or its history. I was just a new guy on the shop floor, usually wasted after lunch. But I wanted to get someone with power to look into it, maybe force some change.

I tried calling the local talk radio station a few times, figuring a public airing (without naming the company) might get some attention. The call screener told me they weren’t interested. I called the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), thinking the government could get to the bottom of it. They weren’t interested because I wasn’t the person discriminated against. That struck me as odd, but I didn’t yet know how worthless the federal government was.

In addition to working in the shop, I was working nights at Best Buy, selling TVs. With what the EEOC told me in mind, I told a black co-worker friend of mine about it and we devised a plan to have him come in to apply for a job, and if he weren’t hired but a white guy was, we figured the EEOC would then care. But a week of waiting, he never showed up to apply.

I quit soon after because I hated the job and the place.

I could never stand racism or anyone who was. Not much one person can do about it, I learned, but I never lost the disgust at the concept. And now that disgust is surpassed by the way I feel about how Democrats are playing that card so often, and for everything.

Democrats have declared every arrest, every police officer, even the very concept of enforcing the law to be racist. Every Republican, every independent, every non-Democrat to be racist. Disagreement, dissent, and any bit of non-conformity…

You get the idea.

As someone who cares about the real problem of racism, I can’t bring myself to do it anymore. When no matter what you do you’re labeled a “white supremacist,” what’s the point? If everything is racist, nothing is racist.
    Recommended
    GameStop Lets You See the Matrix
    Kurt Schlichter

Racism, of course, does still exist, but it exists in such small doses and from all quarters. Yet, Democrats have redefined the terms around it to the point that they’ve taken all meaning out of it. Now only white people can be racists, all white people are racist unless they’re sufficiently “anti-racist,” which is code for “Democrat in good standing.”

Meanwhile, Black Lives Matter-ANTIFA rampage, destroying lives and they’re cheered, revered by the “woke” establishment, covered for by the media, even nominated for Nobel Peace Prize.

I’m done. I can’t care anymore. Show me real injustice, and I’m there. But when a political party waters down true injustice to score politically and drowns out reality with their latest tactic, I’m out.

Racism still exists. In a nation of 330 million people there are always going to be a few bigots around, of every color. But this country isn’t racist, fundamentally or otherwise. The Democratic Party is. And as long as they continue to engage in that racism and get away with it, people will continue to suffer and the few real victims who exist will continue to be ignored for the politically convenient and manufactured victims. I’m not going to be a part of it, so I’m going to join the majority who tune it out.

Republicans don’t have the wherewithal to spot it, nor the underpants content to effectively counter it. As long as they remain afraid of the charge, it’ll work. For my part, that kid who scrambled to find someone who cared enough to do what was right has now heard wolf cried too many times, for too many things where there wasn’t a wolf or even a dog to give a damn anymore. If turning people off to fighting real injustice was the goal, mission accomplished, Democrats.

I can't even say this is me, because, well, frankly, I've never cared that much about it in the first place.

But I reckon there are lots of people who do identify.

I Can’t Bring Myself to Care Anymore

https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...ymore-n2583960

Derek Hunter Posted: Jan 31, 2021 12:01 AM

There was a time when an allegation of racism was one of the worst things someone could be accused of. Now, it’s a punchline. Back in the day, the word had meaning – aside from an occasional Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson shakedown, it was not cavalierly tossed around to score political points and it was not reported on without something close to irrefutable proof. Now it’s a debate tactic of the left to avoid serious engagement and cover for a lack of factual back-up. Everything is “racist” now, and as someone who actually used to care, who was disgusted at the concept and its existence, thanks to the weaponization of the term, I can’t bring myself to care about it anymore.

When I was younger, one of my many jobs was working in a machine shop that built devices to shape metal. I don’t want to be more specific than that because the company still exists and my account is based solely on what I saw at the time and hopefully has changed, but the company sure came off as racist for the few months I was there.

In one of the many times in which I was desperate for a job, I saw a help wanted sign in an industrial park outside a non-descript building and walked in. After filling out an application, handed it over to the foreman, and after a quick “interview,” I was hired on the spot and told to start the next day. It was amazingly easy.

Happy to have a job, I went about it without paying attention to much else. But it was boring, repetitive work – taking a piece, drilling a hole in it, stacking it in another bin for assembly. Mind-numbing for someone with a desire for more but no drive or clue how to do anything about it would be the perfect words to describe it. But it was a job, and just having a job was the extent of my career goal at the time.
    CARTOONS | Gary Varvel
    View Cartoon

I quickly made friends with a few of the younger guys, one of whom was my cousin, and we’d find ways to make it less awful – which would sometimes involve slamming a 40 of malt liquor and/or smoking a joint at lunch. I don’t recommend doing this and operating heavy machinery, but when I was young, aimless, and dumb, I was young, aimless, and dumb.

One day, the company was hiring again and I noticed people were coming in the way I did to answer the sign out front. I saw several black guys coming in, filling out the application, handing it to the foreman and leaving. They were given the standard blow-off “Thanks, we’re just starting the process of looking” response anyone spending their time filling out applications knows well.

Then a white guy came in and, like I was, had a talk with the boss and started the next day.

I pointed this out to one of my work friends who said it always happens like that. Everyone who worked there was white, something I’d noticed but didn’t think anything of because I was new and had no idea what had happened before I’d started. The place had high turnover, but not a lot of employees – maybe 30? Each time someone left, the pattern repeated itself.

I had a problem with this. I needed the job, but I wanted to see something happen to them because of it. Maybe there was a reason, maybe I was wrong, I had no idea about the inner-workings of the company or its history. I was just a new guy on the shop floor, usually wasted after lunch. But I wanted to get someone with power to look into it, maybe force some change.

[snip]
    Forcing the person/company who employs you to behave as you wish is literally insane.

Who in the hell thinks like that? There certainly are a lot of 'em nowadays.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast