View Poll Results: Which would you prefer to buy?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gold

7 46.67%
  • Silver

8 53.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 02.2016: Gold or Silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Wrong. BTC is NOT a fiat currency. Fiat means by decree of law.

The US dollar is fiat because it is backed by legal tender laws and the government that enforces it.

The value of Bitcoin comes entirely from the market. The market likes BTC because of it's security infrastructure, encoded finite nature and utility. There is not a shred of fiat involved.
    Fair enough, but it's not immune to inflation. Anyone can start any number of bitcoins.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I still can't find cheap copper rounds. Does anyone have experience in designing 3d coins? I don't know what file format that would be in order to submit to a mint. How many would like to go in on getting our own copper coins made? I'm sure we can find a mint at a reasonable price if we supply our own graphics.
    Sanity Check Radio Show

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I buy silver because it's pretty and I don't have cable as a tradeoff. Pretty good tradeoff as the silver is beginning to weigh quite a bit and the memory of the cable product has faded completely.

I also buy silver because Zippy says it's a bad idea. When a shill tells you what not to do, that's a sure indication of what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Lately I've been thinking about the notion of maintaining stockpiles of items such that at any given time I have enough to last me the rest of my life.
    reported

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

without a doubt SILVER is the better investment

to the ages of antiquity silver was always less than 17:1

current ratio is 83.5:1

for ONE ounce of gold you get 83 ounces of silver right now

If you dump gold here and move to silver you can 4X your gold holdings in the next decade.

http://www.silver-coin-investor.com/...ver-ratio.html
    http://www.infomine.com/investment/p...ld-silver/all/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    The problem with bitcoin is that it's a fiat currency (anyone can start their own coin), and it requires an infrastructure. gold/silver don't.

Incorrect. Fiat currency means government mandated. A currency isn't a store of value. PM's require an infrastructure as well. Tried paying for anything in gold coin lately?
    Last edited by kfarnan; 03-13-2016 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    Incorrect. Fiat currency means government mandated. A currency isn't a store of value.
    I stood corrected in a previous reply.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    PM's require an infrastructure as well. Tried paying for anything in gold coin lately?
    Do you mean legal infrastructure? If so, I have to disagree. Have you ever heard of mesh networks? They are self-supporting by the individual nodes that join. It's the same concept; a sum of the parts. I remember a friend used to trade VHS tapes with others all over the world. The network they built was from willing participants. The same applied to PMs, only PMs have a benefit in that everyone already places value on PMs. The PM industry wouldn't be thriving if it didn't already have a network of support built around it, regardless if it's legal tender.
    Sanity Check Radio Show

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12