Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Texan landowners don't want their land stolen for Trump's wall

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal government programs. Legal immigrants must be in the country at least five years before they are eligible for any. "If we just ended benefits they would stop coming! They are only here for the free stuff!" If they are lazy and want free stuff, it is easier to stay where they were.
    They cheat and liberal government workers help them cheat.
    Even if the cheats aren't counted 2/3rds of foreign born households are recipients of welfare while only 1/3rd of native households are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "If we just ended benefits they would stop coming! They are only here for the free stuff!" If they are lazy and want free stuff, it is easier to stay where they were.
    We have a lot more stuff for them to demand.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I'm comparing property to property, so...
    Ok, I get that they're both property. But I just don't see guns and property that exists on the border of a country to be two things that can be compared equally. Maybe you can, but right now, I'm just not seeing it that way.

What is your solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That has nothing to do with the fact that I have been under personal attack today and you claimed that only Trump was being attacked.

Perhaps people are getting tired of your Continuous Trump Humping.

I know I was tired of him last year.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Perhaps people are getting tired of your Continuous Trump Humping.

I know I was tired of him last year.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Ok, I get that they're both property. But I just don't see guns and property that exists on the border of a country to be two things that can be compared equally. Maybe you can, but right now, I'm just not seeing it that way.

What is your solution?
    He doesn't have one.

The anarchy fairy will protect us.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal government programs. Legal immigrants must be in the country at least five years before they are eligible for any. "If we just ended benefits they would stop coming! They are only here for the free stuff!" If they are lazy and want free stuff, it is easier to stay where they were.
    +1

The “crisis” Trump should have talked about on national TV was how the 2nd was under attack, private property should be protected, how much of a drain on society multi-generational Welfare is, and most important, the detriments of Common Core and the need to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    +1

The “crisis” Trump should have talked about on national TV was how the 2nd was under attack, private property should be protected, how much of a drain on society multi-generational Welfare is, and most important, the detriments of Common Core and the need to end it.
    He wants something biggly he can put his name on. It will be the mostest beautiful thing anybody has ever seen. Support it and you will never see another crime committed in the US. Ever. If you aren't with us, you are for the terrorists/ criminals. (that last line got us into Afghanistan and Iraq).

Canada has a border with Mexico?

Why should they keep on going north to Canada when they can stop in the US take all of our jobs and vote us into communism?

When they have turned the US into Venezuela they will move on to Canada.
    In 2008-2009 there was a mass exodus of illegal immigrants leaving the US. The economic crisis had not hit Canada as hard as it did the US. Mexico was still an economic sh!thole, and Canada did not pick up any of the illegals leaving the US.

Sorry I was not clearer on that point... Not that it probably matters, we're just not going to agree on this issue.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

He wants something biggly he can put his name on. It will be the mostest beautiful thing anybody has ever seen. Support it and you will never see another crime committed in the US. Ever. If you aren't with us, you are for the terrorists/ criminals. (that last line got us into Afghanistan and Iraq).
    Wow right onto the new talking point. the old zippy wouldn't have posted this weak $#@!.

Federalize that land and the right to carry goes out the window. When one Right goes down the crapper, in this case Property Rights, the rest follow. This is what you don’t understand.

And yes, you are in fact, a trump humper.

Edited, this was to SwordSmyth.
    Last edited by PAF; 01-10-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    In 2008-2009 there was a mass exodus of illegal immigrants leaving the US. The economic crisis had not hit Canada as hard as it did the US. Mexico was still an economic sh!thole, and Canada did not pick up any of the illegals leaving the US.

Sorry I was not clearer on that point... Not that it probably matters, we're just not going to agree on this issue.
    If there was a mass exodus how come we have 20M+ now instead of the 10M+ they told us we had back then?
    Yale study finds illegal migrant numbers twice the accepted norm of 11 million

Why would we want to rely on becoming poor to get rid of them anyway?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

“That I'm proud to be an American,
    Where at least I know I'm free.
    And I wont forget the men who died,
    Who gave that right to me”

Lee Greenwood approves!

Federalize that land and the right to carry goes out the window. When one Right goes down the crapper, in this case Property Rights, the rest follow. This is what you don’t understand.
    LOL
    You may not like it and I may think that there are better ways to deal with it but eminent domain IS Constitutional.

Besides that you are jumping the shark, the government has taken much more land with much less justification before and somehow I still have my guns.

If you allow the invasion to continue all of our rights will be destroyed completely.

And yes, you are in fact, a trump humper.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All this Trump-hump talk.... and not one pic....
    Fixed your thread, ya jackwagons!

LOL
    You may not like it and I may think that there are better ways to deal with it but eminent domain IS Constitutional.

Besides that you are jumping the shark, the government has taken much more land with much less justification before and somehow I still have my guns.

If you allow the invasion to continue all of our rights will be destroyed completely.

LOL

If you allow the government to seize property from its citizens without just cause our rights will be destroyed. Are you willing to offer up your own property to the government?

It doesn't matter how bad you think it is.
    IT IS CONSTITUTIONAL
    And it has been used many times before with much less justification and yet I still have my guns.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you allow the government to seize property from its citizens without just cause our rights will be destroyed. Are you willing to offer up your own property to the government?
    Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

LOL

Defending against an INVASION is the best possible justification for eminent domain.

I prefer a different solution but you are really reaching here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Defending against an INVASION is the best possible justification for eminent domain.

I prefer a different solution but you are really reaching here.
    Yes, you want a bigger police state and more ID checks. And continue to exaggerate the "invasion" to help get it. In Germany they had to protect people from the Jews. Here we need protection from the Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I've been saying that for years, however its flawed I realize this year;
    Gang bangers like ms13 thrive off of criminal enterprise, you can't remove that incentive,
    felons coming here to avoid Mexican Jails, can't remove that incentive, terrorists wanting
    to infiltrate , disease ridden that already have a connection here, you just can't keep these
    and many other undesirables and plain dangerous people out, we do need to kill All Incentives
    for sure, the wall is not enough but it is definitely part of a comprehensive pkg , INV.
    You're making a good point here, but its a different issue.
    Chicago is packed with not only illegals, but domestics who are enjoying the illicit drug revenue. These gangs are willing to do whatever it takes to keep that money flowing, and that includes a whole lot of violence. Unfortunately though, as you point out, the incentives will remain after the wall is built, and so will the gangs. The good news here is that legalization is gaining steam, and there's not a fking thing the federal government can do about it - not at this point. Pieces of sh!t who made it their life's mission to prop up this prohibition are now lining up to profit from legalization.

The terrorist fear is yet another topic, and that involves foreign policy. The wall is not going to save us here either, unfortunately. Killing women and children, propping up dictators, overthrowing elected governments, and selectively supporting revolutionaries (sometimes switching sides 2 or 3 times) to destabilize entire regions is going to create a lot of incentive for terrorism. You kill my children, or even my neighbor's children, and I'm coming after your a$$ - I'd expect the same from anyone else. With all the "foreigners" coming here legally, and on H1B's, there will be no need to scale a wall. Our own government is packed with these immigrants who do contract work - government loves contractors and service providers and almost all of them are foreign. (to disclaim - everyone I've worked with has been awesome - I dont fear them in the least, but I see how easy it is for hostiles to make their way over here, legally)

Gulag Chief:

Yes, you want a bigger police state and more ID checks. And continue to exaggerate the "invasion" to help get it.
    That is simply a lie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok, let's just build the wall on the Mexican side of the border then. Eminent domain issue solved. Next question?
    "Only after disaster can we be resurrected."

Heil Honkler!

It doesn't matter how bad you think it is.
    IT IS CONSTITUTIONAL
    And it has been used many times before with much less justification and yet I still have my guns.
    I’ve got mine too. But it isn’t immigrants who are threatening to take them. You Fed that land and all bets are off. For 2,000 miles.

I’m going nighty night.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    You're making a good point here, but its a different issue.
    Chicago is packed with not only illegals, but domestics who are enjoying the illicit drug revenue. These gangs are willing to do whatever it takes to keep that money flowing, and that includes a whole lot of violence. Unfortunately though, as you point out, the incentives will remain after the wall is built, and so will the gangs. The good news here is that legalization is gaining steam, and there's not a fking thing the federal government can do about it - not at this point. Pieces of sh!t who made it their life's mission to prop up this prohibition are now lining up to profit from legalization.

The terrorist fear is yet another topic, and that involves foreign policy. The wall is not going to save us here either, unfortunately. Killing women and children, propping up dictators, overthrowing elected governments, and selectively supporting revolutionaries (sometimes switching sides 2 or 3 times) to destabilize entire regions is going to create a lot of incentive for terrorism. You kill my children, or even my neighbor's children, and I'm coming after your a$$ - I'd expect the same from anyone else. With all the "foreigners" coming here legally, and on H1B's, there will be no need to scale a wall. Our own government is packed with these immigrants who do contract work - government loves contractors and service providers and almost all of them are foreign. (to disclaim - everyone I've worked with has been awesome - I dont fear them in the least, but I see how easy it is for hostiles to make their way over here, legally)
    Most terrorists enter the US legally through Canada. Should we build a wall there too? But when was the last terrorist attack in the US? You are more likely to die simply walking down the street than from a terrorist attack.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    Ok, let's just build the wall on the Mexican side of the border then. Eminent domain issue solved. Next question?
    We have some 650 miles of border wall already built along the 2,000 mile southern border (though you would not know it by listening to Trump who makes it sound like there is none and nobody watching the borders at all). Why not more? Most is inaccessible. Across rivers- over mountains, in the middle of deserts.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-10-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Most terrorists enter the US legally through Canada. Should we build a wall there too? But when was the last terrorist attack in the US? You are more likely to die simply walking down the street than from a terrorist attack.
    This has nothing to do with terrorism or crime. Americans have the right to our homeland, and we don't have to justify that to anyone.
    "Only after disaster can we be resurrected."

Heil Honkler!

I’ve got mine too. But it isn’t immigrants who are threatening to take them. You Fed that land and all bets are off. For 2,000 miles.
    LOL

The immigrants are the biggest threat to my guns, just ask California and nothing will happen if the feds build the wall other than the wall being built.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Communism is the biggest problem, but being a Commiefornia liberal you want to do to us what your invader buddies have already done to Commiefornia.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why would we want to rely on becoming poor to get rid of them anyway?
    Is that what you got from my argument? Really? I suspect that you are being intellectually dishonest with me - perhaps even with yourself.

Ok, so I'll play along... That's exactly what you're doing with your wall. Have you been paying attention to the deficit? To our national debt? How about the fed balance sheet? Inflation?

If we dont take away the incentives that our government is handing out to these illegals, our reckless spending will. Better warm up to the idea of being poor. Your boy trump, and his wall, will only accelerate this fact. No tariff is going to save you either. Personal welfare, illegal immigrant welfare, corporate welfare, foreign welfare, nation building - its going to make a you a poor motherfker - trust me. Then, where will your trump be - fking asia baby... He and all his rich friends will be up and out of this b!tch.

This wall is a waste of time, and a typical political distraction. Dont be manipulated - you have a lot of useful energy, dont waste it on this.

Gulag Chief:

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast