View Poll Results: I don't comment because...

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm shy

12 19.05%
  • I don't like to type

12 19.05%
  • I can't type

5 7.94%
  • I really don't like y'all

19 30.16%
  • I just like to look at Hot Topics

6 9.52%
  • I commented a long time ago - you didn't look hard enough

17 26.98%
  • quit stalking me, lady

20 31.75%
  • Poll does not have enough options.

11 17.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do some people log in and never comment?

9 members...someone logged out
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn, 7...we're dropping like flies.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Damn, 7...we're dropping like flies.
    I have never seen flies drop. Unless they were swatted.
    "The Patriarch"

I have never seen flies drop. Unless they were swatted.

1) Many people come here to READ liberty news without having to search for it themselves.

2) The long time members here have very low bull$#@! tolerance towards authoritarianism and are quick to whip those touting policy out of liberty party line.

3) There is a rational fear that making strong anti-state political stances on the net will invoke a SWAT raid.

4) On subjects such as monetary and fiscal policy... most people don't comment because they recognize their own ignorance and prefer not to display it publicly.

5) One can only assume that several of the non-posting logins are state agents keeping tabs on the anarchists.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Wow, according to my poll, people really don't like us. They also don't want me to cyber stalk them.

Or it could be this...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    1) Many people come here to READ liberty news without having to search for it themselves.

2) The long time members here have very low bull$#@! tolerance towards authoritarianism and are quick to whip those touting policy out of liberty party line.

3) There is a rational fear that making strong anti-state political stances on the net will invoke a SWAT raid.

4) On subjects such as monetary and fiscal policy... most people don't comment because they recognize their own ignorance and prefer not to display it publicly.

5) One can only assume that several of the non-posting logins are state agents keeping tabs on the anarchists.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, according to my poll, people really don't like us. They also don't want me to cyber stalk them.
    What is this us stuff?
    "The Patriarch"

What is this us stuff?
    Me?

There!

I just skewed your poll by voting that I'm shy.........

None of the above.
    I log in quite often, but rarely post because there is no real exchange of ideas on most threads. It seems like most people are just interested in making some witty comment.
    And heaven forbid someone makes a statement that challenges the status quo of the forum they get banned. I don't have any exact examples or linked threads, but I've seen it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    None of the above.
    I log in quite often, but rarely post because there is no real exchange of ideas on most threads. It seems like most people are just interested in making some witty comment.
    And heaven forbid someone makes a statement that challenges the status quo of the forum they get banned. I don't have any exact examples or linked threads, but I've seen it happen.
    Well, thanks for commenting.
    "The Patriarch"

maybe they dont want to lose their spot in a comedy club stage presence. i mean sometime throwing wine in a comedians face is crossing the line as far as management is concerned. hey lady, i have "biscuit dick".

$#@!ing elves!!!!!

lol love ya suz!!!!

We have a new member

darth maul

From his/her profile (I was wondering what darth maul wanted to talk about)

darth maul has not made any friends yet Not shocking.

(S)He may find this thread interesting...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...highlight=sith

Hmm.. 130something guests online and 8 members. I only counted 6 members, two must be in stealth mode. I wonder who they are.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because under the 'Law of Large Numbers' and the '80/20 Rule' 80% of all posts and threads MUST come from no more than 20% of the RPF registered folks.

I don't often post because by the time I finish reading the thread I'm done pooping and its time to get up..
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I don't often post because by the time I finish reading the thread I'm done pooping and its time to get up..
    I do Sudoku puzzles on the toilet. I call them Sudookies.

answer:

because most of them are FEDS.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    answer:

because most of them are FEDS.
    Damn, I knew the poll needed more options.

Damn, I knew the poll needed more options.
    or Aliens from the Andromeda Galaxy...

Will the never comment folks reply to a thread poll?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    or Aliens from the Andromeda Galaxy...
    Now that's just crazy talk but I probably should've included lizard people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Will the never comment folks reply to a thread poll?
    I think a few did. Most of 'em don't like us, though.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think a few did. Most of 'em don't like us, though.
    I think it is reflective of society. When they log on and see your posts, they think it is better too just lurk before cocktail hour.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think it is reflective of society. When they log on and see your posts, they think it is better too just lurk before cocktail hour.
    Well, the jokes on them because cocktail hour is tough to pin down around here.

I lurked for two years before I joined and started posting. I was just too lazy to sign up.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    I lurked for two years before I joined and started posting. I was just too lazy to sign up.
    Damn, another option I forgot to add. Lazy

I'm noticing lots of new members. Are they all Eduardo or did Bryan have a membership drive?

Hmm.. 130something guests online and 8 members. I only counted 6 members, two must be in stealth mode. I wonder who they are.
    One of those is always Danke .

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast